RemedySpot.com

Re: Low Dose Cytoxan - Dave

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Dave - early TX still has not shown itself to be beneficial - I've been in a nice relapse for a number of years now, but you can bet that when the thing shows its ugly head again I'm going to hold off as long as possible - Dr. Furman says that cytoxan is now being used instead of the old standby, Chlorambucil, as it is thought to be less damaging to the marrow - Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Yes I was also told by my consultants that cychlophosphimide (Cytoxan) was less damaging to the bone marrow than chlorambucil, I did not use it on my cocktail of treatment because when I had the drug sensitive test done both chlorambucil and Cytoxan came out with a very low response rate, so I only used FR and HDMP.

I am glad in all my treatments I waited a long as I could and used moderated doses, as I have never had any side effects and I have enjoyed a very good health over the years.

chonette

dx 10-02 (aged 57)unmutated, CD38 20%, ZAP70 9%, 2004 Prednisolone 8 weeks 50 mg. a day, 2005 Prednisolone 8 weeks 50 mg.a day, followed bylow doses chlorambucil (2 mg.), 2006 Rituximab and low doses chlorambucil (6 mg. a day 14 days on 14 days off) 6 rounds, 2007 Low doses Rituximab, 2007 Fluradabine Lite, HDMP,. Rituximab 200 mg. monthly (5 rounds)Partial Remission, multiple pea size nodes on neck,feeling wellthinking about what's next

Re: Low Dose Cytoxan - Dave

Hi Dave - early TX still has not shown itself to be beneficial - I've been in a nice relapse for a number of years now, but you can bet that when the thing shows its ugly head again I'm going to hold off as long as possible - Dr. Furman says that cytoxan is now being used instead of the old standby, Chlorambucil, as it is thought to be less damaging to the marrow -

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.