RemedySpot.com

Bone Marrow inerpretation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I now have the results of my last BMB, I saw the consultant this week but she did not give me a copy of the lab results, she just said that it was better than before as this time I had Nodular infiltration rather than diffuse like I had in previous times.I have had 5 BMB during my CLL life and I remember one had 57% infiltration, another 60% both diffuse, and the others marrow failure and heavily infiltrated with diffuse cells as well.I would like to know if by just being told it was Nodular infiltration, we know how much infiltration into the marrow there is of Lymphocytes cells?.

I have had a look in google and found some definitions, my interpretation of what I read was that nodular is early disease and cellular advance disease, judging from that comment, I had advance disease from the time I was diagnosed, even my blood counts were normal, but my marrow was 57% infiltrated and within 18 months I had marrow failure.The good news is my Hb still holding at 14.2 and neuts are at last up to 2.75, platelets still holding at 107 as long as they stay there I am happy, and WBC 4.5. Nodes growing steadily, interesting to see the CT scan on the computer screen in the consultant's office, lots and lots of small nodes all over the lymphatic system, but only the neck and armpit ones are larger.

It is a well known fact that juicing carrots and apples does increase the WBC, I wonder if mine neuts were helped by the fact I have been having 500 ml. of carrot and apples freshly made juice over those weeks in-between tests or it was a fluke or simply the fact that my neuts have recover with time, they have been low almost all the time since end of treatment in September.

I would be grateful for a more sound explanation to the diffuse/nodular definition.

regards

Chonette http://www.cllsupport.org.uk/http://www.justgiving.com/cllsupportdx 10-02 (aged 57)unmutated, CD38 20%, ZAP70 9%,2004 Prednisolone 8 weeks 50 mg. a day,2005 Prednisolone 8 weeks 50 mg.a day, followed bylow doses chlorambucil (2 mg.),2006 Rituximab and low doses chlorambucil (6 mg. a day 14 days on 14 daysoff) 6 rounds,2007 Low doses Rituximab,2007 Fluradabine Lite, HDMP,. Rituximab 200 mg. monthly (5 rounds)Partial Remission, multiple pea size nodes on neck,feeling wellthinking about what's next

Yes I am aware it is my right to have a copy, I got copies of every test I have had over the last 5+ years. What I asked was

"I would be grateful for a more sound explanation to the diffuse/nodular definition."

Re: Bone Marrow inerpretation

If you want a copy of your report the HIPPA Law makes it your absolute right to have it. Offices can charge for copies (only one of mine has), but they cannot refuse you.