RemedySpot.com

When to stop watch and wait and treat?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi All: I have been in watch and wait for 5 plus years with SLL, and have and continue to have normal blood counts. I have not had a CTscan since August 2006, and just did one to check on how my lymph nodes were doing in those sections of my body that could not be felt manually by my oncologist. The nodes surrounding my bladder have now grown ( there are two of them) to 58x31mm and 53x27mm. I also have an increase in conglomerated nodes across the length of the retroperitoneum. My oncologist now wants to start me on treatment. I have no systems, not fatigued etc, am 66 years of age and still actively employed, traveling etc. Any thoughts on when does the lymph nodes reach a certain size to pull the plug and treat? As you can tell I am not anxious to treat, but who is? I should note I live in the Boston area and am a candidate if I treat for a Phase I dose Escalation study of Revlimid in combination with Flurarabine-Rituximab for Previously untreated CLL/SLL study. Would appreciate any thoughts, comments suggestions? Thanks Maxa One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!