RemedySpot.com

Positive vs. Negative Attitude

Rate this topic

Guest guest

First, let me just say that I am not an advocate of pill pushing.

That being said, I started taking Zoloft the month before beginning Fludarabine & Rituxan (9/05) because I was overwhelmed with the prospect and because I had not yet even told my children (in their young 30's) that I had been diagnosed with CLL three years earlier. I figured that it was possible that I might never have to tell them. Anyway, the time never seemed right and then I was in a position where I really had to tell them. It was scary and depressing.

My doctor prescribed Zoloft and I had immediate, positive results. It just made me feel normal. I am still taking it and don't ever anticipate stopping. I have had no side effects and feel able to cope with whatever I need to.

I am starting Campath three times a week for eighteen weeks on Monday and am feeling very calm, but realistic about the upcoming 'adventure'. I think if you're depressed or overwhelmed, it wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor about medication that might help.

Loralee Strauss

ton, SC

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Loralee,

I wish you well with the Campath, I tolerated Campath very well, had no discomfort or side effects at all, unfortunatelly I had activation of the CMV virus on week 7, and two weeks later I had two other infections, so having CMV tested every week is very important as I did not have any real feelings or effects from it, just showed on the test postive on week 7.

The good thing is that with only 18 doses of Campath (30 mg. 3 times a week) my marrow got cleaned of CLL cells.

I know very little about positive or negative attitude, I just enjoy each day as it comes and have a full life, enjoying everything that comes my way.

With best wishes

Chonette