RemedySpot.com

Re: LLS WEbcast with Dr. Keating

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been discussing, with Balan, ways to make the various speakers from webcasts, conferences, seminars and the like readily available to the world wide CLL population. I recently acquired an Olympus digital recorder and have been playing around with it. The sound is great and the cost is reasonable considering the goal. Especially now that power point slides can be sent out on line, I think that if LRF or similar groups purchased enough of these recorders to cover the main speakers and breakout sessions the needs of many people would be met. I have figured out recording and with the help of the Olympus tech. support people downloaded something to my MAC (I was told in the store that it wouldn't work with a MAC). The next step is putting something out there that anyone can download to computer or disc. I would love to connect with someone who is more into technology than I am to fine tune the process so the idea can be presented to some of these groups. Ideal would be someone in the greater Los Angeles area (Santa Barbara to ??? whatever) - I'll happily show up with my recorder, guide book, and Mac laptop at a place of your choosing to try to get this project going. What I probably need is a gung ho teenager who just grew up thinking

this way, but don't have one available.

If this project interests you please contact me off list whether we need to work by phone or in person - or if this is your thing you can take the idea and run with it - the glory all yours. I just want to see it happen. I'd love to get to the Niagara Falls conference, but reality will probably interfere. My target is to make that event available to all who can't get there.

Thanks!

Pat Kennedy**************One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)

Hi, Nobel idea.

I think the challenge will be getting permission from the speaker to

record and distribute widely ... The concern is that opinions evolve

over time, and, or, might be taken out of context.

One workaround is linking to such talks when published in different

domains. We have started to do this here (a work in progress):

http://www.lymphomation.org/aboutNHL.htm#experts

Feel free to send links anytime!

Karl

>

> I have been discussing, with Balan, ways to make the various

speakers

> from webcasts, conferences, seminars and the like readily available

to the world

> wide CLL population.

Karl - I anticipate no difficulty with Dr. Keating allowing us to record and distribute his comments. My problem right now is that I'm trying to pick a good teleconferencing company (my old one got bought out), set the dates, and deal with the logistics. Stay up-to-date on the latest news - from fashion trends to celebrity break-ups and everything in between.