RemedySpot.com

I have CLL

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi

I was diagnosed 4 1/2 years ago by my oncologist in New Jersey. I was on a watch and wait program. Last year I found out I had a very very high protein level in my urine. After many tests and a kidney biopsy it was determined by my urologist, Dr. Kabis, that I had glomernephritis and she believed it was a direct result of my CLL. I was told I would have to go on chemo a cocktail of 3 chemo drugs. I went to see my main oncologist Dr. Morton , in Manhattan. He agreed but told me to also see Dr. Sherman (urologist) in his building, both are with Cornell Medical Center. After seeing Dr. Sherman he discussed with Dr. to try a less aggressive course and first try Rituxin. I took Rituxin over a month and I had great results. My protein went back to normal and my white count even went to normal. My white count is now increasing, but my protein is staying within normal levels. I have been told that I probably will need to repeat the Rituxin treatments again, but not for another 6 months or even a year. It all depends on my counts. Thanks to Dr. and Dr. Sherman consulting with each other I was able to avoid aggressive chemo and its effects. If anyone shares what I went through I hope it helps you as well.

I would also like to speak to anyone who has or is still suffering from depression as a result of being diagnosed with CLL. I'm on depression medication as I find day to day acceptance of my illness quite difficult. I feel like I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Any suggestions or encouragement would be appreciated.

Sincerely

Helen

hklein73200@...New year...new news. Be the first to know what is making headlines.