RemedySpot.com

Hello ....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Greetings from a CLLer:

I don't think being a CLLer is anything to brag about, but wanted to introduce myself to this group having learned about it from two of my compatriot "Bad Blood Bunch" members. (This is my "title" for them.)

First of all, I am a 68 year old male, retired, and became aware of "my problem" back in 2000 after a routine physical check up. Since then, I have been in two "studies" and one clinical trial --- most notably Genitope's attempt to find a solution to CLL through immunotherapy. (I was able to complete 13 of 16 rounds before they ended the clinical trial.) At the present, I am "stable" and not a candidate for a transplant --- the "risk" has to become an advantage over "watch and wait" --- and I have not progress to that point.

Second, I am a strong believer in immunotherapy or "personalizing medicine." And, I have hopes that our President-elect will move aggressively in this direction early in his first term. Until then, I am trying to gather information about various treatment options --- reading what others have and are using --- and the consequences --- in their battles with this disease.

Third, I hope this brief note of introduction finds everyone in good spirits knowing that most all of us are being "challenged" with our health --- some more than others.

Finally, I want all of you to know that I am looking forward to reading your posting to this group.

To our health ....

Nice going, , you're posting and you're into it. Too bad about the Genitope, but anyway I do not think they had much success with it. There are lots and lots of options out there now. Lymphoma, being one cancer with increasing incident rates, has been much studied in the last ten years.

So just get yourself smart, and do not rush into treatment unless you need to.

As you see, you will get this posting as an e-mail.

Finally, one site has it all: your friends, your email, your favorite sites. Try The NEW AOL.com.