RemedySpot.com

my story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Janice,

Welcome to the group. I am so glad that you found us. Kacey is doing a great job at informing women like you who had no idea that there (safe implants) could be making them sick.

We have all been where you are now. So you are safe here with expressing your feelings.

You need to get those poison bags out of you as soon as you can. That is the only way that you will be able to regain your heath. Where in the South are you from? Someone on the group my have a doctor for you.

I can tell you that I had no trouble with my self esteem after removing the implants. Your focus will be on healing and one of the side effects is you will join the group in helping others. Nothing does more for your self esteem , as helping others. When your body starts healing and you have your life back you will be a different person than before all this happened. Thats not to say that every once in a while I will look at women with implants and think to my self . I wish I had theses but no sooner than I think it, I start worrying if they are sick , do they know that there implants can make them sick , should I tell them, etc. etc.

Your husband and three children need you healthy again. The best gift you can give them is to get those things out and get healthy. Getting healthy is a long hard road but we will be here to help you. I was ex-planted 14 months ago and I can say that I am 90% better. A month before my implants were removed I thought I was going to die. I couldn't get out of bed and was in so much joint pain and my skin was on fire. I am still dealing with joint pain on and off, but not bad enough to take anything for it. And because the implants destroyed the fuction of my thyroid I have to take thyroid meds the rest of my life, But I can live with that.

Well I'm going on and on here. Just wanted to let you know that you are in good hands here. And we are here to help you through your journey.

Did you go to the file section and read some of our stories on implant and ex-plant? If not that would be a good place for you to start.

Love Cricket

anice Duarte <jandu5@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

My saline implant nightmare began 10 years ago. I was 28 and had given birth to my second child. I had always been an A cup (if that) and loved how I looked "post baby"---I was happily married and thought it was the perfect time to follow through on a dream. Little did I realize this dream would slowly take away my body, my happiness and my sanity not to even minimize the trauma to my husband and 3 children. I did not realize this of course until I saw Kacey on GMA 3 days ago that it is my implants. You see, I've always thought is was post partum. All my problems began "after the baby" I had NO clue or thought it could be my implants. I've been waiting these ten years for my breast to become hard --that was all I was told that could be a side effect.

I have lived the last ten years jumping from dr. to dr. for "little things" like scalp sensitivity plus my newly acquired bald spot, migraines, sinus infections, severe arthritis in my neck, upper and lower back, bumping into walls, losing my balance, weakness in my feet, arms and hand/arm tremors, I'm always dropping things and my right shoulder is in constant pain-nothing helps. I've been to my ob/gyn; chiropractors, orthopedist, psychologist, allergist and lastly(I'm sure I've missed a few drs) an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed me as having a narrowing of my spine in my neck along with all the arthritis--(my spine as a 38 year old woman is now as a 60+ year olds).. I asked why--he says, "I don't know, unlucky I guess." I had two surgeries two years ago to take the pressure off my spinal cord and still have all these problems, it's a

daily challenge to get up and do for my family. I say two surgeries because the initial one the doctor put in a metal door and metal plates in my neck--I was deathly ill for 3 weeks unable to hold my head up and walk; I started to get somewhat better and he says you have an infection we've got to go in and remove the metal and put donor bone in. They did; I felt 1000% great the day after surgery-I couldn't believe it-it was night and day from the first surgery it wasn't an infection; it was an allergic reaction to the metal--foreign object in body--it should of been a clue.

I think I have lived so long trying to accept myself "post baby" that I forgot how active, happy and pain free I was before. Now that I've had a few days to think back and really look at it ---I'm 100% sure what I need to do. Although, knowing doesn't make it easier; there's the fear of surgery, recovery and dealing with the feelings prior to having the implants. Will my self esteem hit rock bottom; (somehow I'd like to think I"m older and wiser)--of course my health comes first but there's a twinge of wishing it not be my implants. Plus how do I deal with not looking back and blaming myself --did I do this to me--or did the medical community let me down--I guess it's a little of both.

So, I turn to ya'll (yes, I'm a southern girl) hoping to find support to point me in the right direction of where to start. How do I go about finding the right doctor to remove my implants but also how to find someone who will listen and find out exactly ALL the damage that has been done. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to being a part of the group and helping you along your journeys.

Thanks for listening,

Janice

Guest guest

Thanks for the warm welcome Cricket!

I live 60 miles from Atlanta, Georgia so I'm hoping there is a competent doctor nearby. I found Dr. Kolbs name from the groups website yesterday and went to her website. TBH, I had a positive feeling about it for several reasons I just wasn't sure if it was too good to be true, if that makes sense..? Lynda responded a few minutes ago with her name so I'm feeling more confident. Did you interview several doctors or do you just take the leap of faith. Has anyone on the list used Dr. Kolb? I want to make sure this time I make a good choice and find an excellent doctor---it's going to be a long enough road healing from all my other problems--

I'm very happy to hear that you are 90% on your way to recovery--from reading your stories it's pretty clear there will be life long consequences--hopefully we will all be lucky enough to be able to recover and manage the problems. It's motivating to know that yes, just maybe, I'll eventually be able to participate in my childrens lives fully and perhaps pick up a tennis racket and play again. It's been a downhill road for so long it's almost unimagineable.

Thanks again for your time and insight

Janice

-----Original Message-----From: colleen bair [mailto:cricket5643000@...]Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 9:47 AM Subject: Re: My story

Janice,

Welcome to the group. I am so glad that you found us. Kacey is doing a great job at informing women like you who had no idea that there (safe implants) could be making them sick.

We have all been where you are now. So you are safe here with expressing your feelings.

You need to get those poison bags out of you as soon as you can. That is the only way that you will be able to regain your heath. Where in the South are you from? Someone on the group my have a doctor for you.

I can tell you that I had no trouble with my self esteem after removing the implants. Your focus will be on healing and one of the side effects is you will join the group in helping others. Nothing does more for your self esteem , as helping others. When your body starts healing and you have your life back you will be a different person than before all this happened. Thats not to say that every once in a while I will look at women with implants and think to my self . I wish I had theses but no sooner than I think it, I start worrying if they are sick , do they know that there implants can make them sick , should I tell them, etc. etc.

Your husband and three children need you healthy again. The best gift you can give them is to get those things out and get healthy. Getting healthy is a long hard road but we will be here to help you. I was ex-planted 14 months ago and I can say that I am 90% better. A month before my implants were removed I thought I was going to die. I couldn't get out of bed and was in so much joint pain and my skin was on fire. I am still dealing with joint pain on and off, but not bad enough to take anything for it. And because the implants destroyed the fuction of my thyroid I have to take thyroid meds the rest of my life, But I can live with that.

Well I'm going on and on here. Just wanted to let you know that you are in good hands here. And we are here to help you through your journey.

Did you go to the file section and read some of our stories on implant and ex-plant? If not that would be a good place for you to start.

Love Cricket

Hi everyone,

My saline implant nightmare began 10 years ago. I was 28 and had given birth to my second child. I had always been an A cup (if that) and loved how I looked "post baby"---I was happily married and thought it was the perfect time to follow through on a dream. Little did I realize this dream would slowly take away my body, my happiness and my sanity not to even minimize the trauma to my husband and 3 children. I did not realize this of course until I saw Kacey on GMA 3 days ago that it is my implants. You see, I've always thought is was post partum. All my problems began "after the baby" I had NO clue or thought it could be my implants. I've been waiting these ten years for my breast to become hard --that was all I was told that could be a side effect.

I have lived the last ten years jumping from dr. to dr. for "little things" like scalp sensitivity plus my newly acquired bald spot, migraines, sinus infections, severe arthritis in my neck, upper and lower back, bumping into walls, losing my balance, weakness in my feet, arms and hand/arm tremors, I'm always dropping things and my right shoulder is in constant pain-nothing helps. I've been to my ob/gyn; chiropractors, orthopedist, psychologist, allergist and lastly(I'm sure I've missed a few drs) an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed me as having a narrowing of my spine in my neck along with all the arthritis--(my spine as a 38 year old woman is now as a 60+ year olds).. I asked why--he says, "I don't know, unlucky I guess." I had two surgeries two years ago to take the pressure off my spinal cord and still have all these problems, it's a daily challenge to get up and do for my family. I say two surgeries because the initial one the doctor put in a metal door and metal plates in my neck--I was deathly ill for 3 weeks unable to hold my head up and walk; I started to get somewhat better and he says you have an infection we've got to go in and remove the metal and put donor bone in. They did; I felt 1000% great the day after surgery-I couldn't believe it-it was night and day from the first surgery it wasn't an infection; it was an allergic reaction to the metal--foreign object in body--it should of been a clue.

I think I have lived so long trying to accept myself "post baby" that I forgot how active, happy and pain free I was before. Now that I've had a few days to think back and really look at it ---I'm 100% sure what I need to do. Although, knowing doesn't make it easier; there's the fear of surgery, recovery and dealing with the feelings prior to having the implants. Will my self esteem hit rock bottom; (somehow I'd like to think I"m older and wiser)--of course my health comes first but there's a twinge of wishing it not be my implants. Plus how do I deal with not looking back and blaming myself --did I do this to me--or did the medical community let me down--I guess it's a little of both.

So, I turn to ya'll (yes, I'm a southern girl) hoping to find support to point me in the right direction of where to start. How do I go about finding the right doctor to remove my implants but also how to find someone who will listen and find out exactly ALL the damage that has been done. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to being a part of the group and helping you along your journeys.

Thanks for listening,

Janice

Guest guest

Janice, hello and welcome!

-MarieJanice Duarte <jandu5@...> wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcome Cricket!

I live 60 miles from Atlanta, Georgia so I'm hoping there is a competent doctor nearby. I found Dr. Kolbs name from the groups website yesterday and went to her website. TBH, I had a positive feeling about it for several reasons I just wasn't sure if it was too good to be true, if that makes sense..? Lynda responded a few minutes ago with her name so I'm feeling more confident. Did you interview several doctors or do you just take the leap of faith. Has anyone on the list used Dr. Kolb? I want to make sure this time I make a good choice and find an excellent doctor---it's going to be a long enough road healing from all my other problems--

I'm very happy to hear that you are 90% on your way to recovery--from reading your stories it's pretty clear there will be life long consequences--hopefully we will all be lucky enough to be able to recover and manage the problems. It's motivating to know that yes, just maybe, I'll eventually be able to participate in my childrens lives fully and perhaps pick up a tennis racket and play again. It's been a downhill road for so long it's almost unimagineable.

Thanks again for your time and insight

Janice

-----Original Message-----From: colleen bair [mailto:cricket5643000@...]Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 9:47 AM Subject: Re: My story

Janice,

Love Cricket

Hi everyone,

I have lived the last ten years jumping from dr. to dr. for "little things" like scalp sensitivity plus my newly acquired bald spot, migraines, sinus infections, severe arthritis in my neck, upper and lower back, bumping into walls, losing my balance, weakness in my feet, arms and hand/arm tremors, I'm always dropping things and my right shoulder is in constant pain-nothing helps. I've been to my ob/gyn; chiropractors, orthopedist, psychologist, allergist and lastly(I'm sure I've missed a few drs) an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed me as having a narrowing of my spine in my neck along with all the arthritis--(my spine as a 38 year old woman is now as a 60+ year olds).. I asked why--he says, "I don't know, unlucky I guess." I had two surgeries two years ago to take the pressure off my spinal cord and still have all these problems, it's a

daily challenge to get up and do for my family. I say two surgeries because the initial one the doctor put in a metal door and metal plates in my neck--I was deathly ill for 3 weeks unable to hold my head up and walk; I started to get somewhat better and he says you have an infection we've got to go in and remove the metal and put donor bone in. They did; I felt 1000% great the day after surgery-I couldn't believe it-it was night and day from the first surgery it wasn't an infection; it was an allergic reaction to the metal--foreign object in body--it should of been a clue.

Thanks for listening,

Janice

Guest guest

Hi Janice.

I feel for you. I just sent you an e-mail. There is hope--hold on to that.

About the hair thing, I have diffused scalp and body hair loss--I feel your pain and self esteem issue. If you go to the right plastic surgeon, they can take out these toxic bags and lift your breasts nicely.From there, you can work on health issues with a good doctor and have friends here to help you through this difficult time.

A warm welcome to both you and .

-MarieJanice Duarte <jandu5@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for listening,

Janice

Guest guest

Hi Janice..I had my implants done 3 years ago. After i started feeling miserable, tired, short tempered etc. etc. etc. i went to see my doctor who told me it was depression and she wanted me to go for therepy and be put on medication...I think my doctor assumed it was depression due to symptoms and the fact i had lost my 10 year old son about 6 months before being implanted. I thought maybe it could very well be that..then i was getting sicker and went to another doctor who then found out i had hypoglycemia..well then i figured BINGO this is my problem...About 6 months ago i started getting worseI was checking my blood sugar seemed every 5 minutes and it would be fine..Then the creeping feeling in my legs started, eventually it got so bad i could almost jump out the window at night. I started to feel like i was going to go totally nuts at that point..Right before Christmas my one implant ruptured and i got on the computer to see if

there were any breast implant groups..(i was sure there wouldn't be), and much to my surprise there were many.. Originally i had joined to see if this were common as far as rupturing..didn't think in a million years that other ppl were getting sick like i have been...I COULD NOT BELIEVE the first story i read and thought OH MY GOD this is me!! I'm scheduled for surgery in August..Hate to have surgery again, hated waking up in recovery to ice cold oxygen blowing about 300 miles an hour down my throat felt like i was being suffocated...A small, maybe selfish(?) part of me wishes it weren't the implants.. Well i've rambled enough i'm sure..JaniceJanice Duarte <jandu5@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for listening,

Janice

Guest guest

Wow Janice, you sound so much like me! I'm not sure if I wrote about

my hypoglycemia and my terrible mood in my story, but I had it for

sure. My hands looked so bad from all the stick marks where I

checked my sugar " every 5 minutes! "

I am so, so sorry to hear about your son. I'm sure that the

depression could very well be from losing him. I've never suffered

such a loss, but I have been very depressed since getting the

implants. Not really clinically depressed, just always felt down I

guess.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and are you a new member?

Are there 2 Janices? If so, can one of you all use an initial from

your last name or a nickname so I can keep ya straight?

Thanks.

Pam

Hi everyone,

>

> My saline implant nightmare began 10 years ago. I was 28 and had

given birth to my second child. I had always been an A cup (if that)

and loved how I looked " post baby " ---I was happily married and

thought it was the perfect time to follow through on a dream. Little

did I realize this dream would slowly take away my body, my happiness

and my sanity not to even minimize the trauma to my husband and 3

children. I did not realize this of course until I saw Kacey on GMA

3 days ago that it is my implants. You see, I've always thought is

was post partum. All my problems began " after the baby " I had NO

clue or thought it could be my implants. I've been waiting these ten

years for my breast to become hard --that was all I was told that

could be a side effect.

>

>

> I have lived the last ten years jumping from dr. to dr.

for " little things " like scalp sensitivity plus my newly acquired

bald spot, migraines, sinus infections, severe arthritis in my neck,

upper and lower back, bumping into walls, losing my balance, weakness

in my feet, arms and hand/arm tremors, I'm always dropping things and

my right shoulder is in constant pain-nothing helps. I've been to my

ob/gyn; chiropractors, orthopedist, psychologist, allergist and lastly

(I'm sure I've missed a few drs) an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed

me as having a narrowing of my spine in my neck along with all the

arthritis--(my spine as a 38 year old woman is now as a 60+ year

olds).. I asked why--he says, " I don't know, unlucky I guess. " I

had two surgeries two years ago to take the pressure off my spinal

cord and still have all these problems, it's a daily challenge to get

up and do for my family. I say two surgeries because the initial one

the doctor put in a metal door and metal plates in

> my neck--I was deathly ill for 3 weeks unable to hold my head up

and walk; I started to get somewhat better and he says you have an

infection we've got to go in and remove the metal and put donor bone

in. They did; I felt 1000% great the day after surgery-I couldn't

believe it-it was night and day from the first surgery it wasn't an

infection; it was an allergic reaction to the metal--foreign object

in body--it should of been a clue.

>

> I think I have lived so long trying to accept myself " post baby "

that I forgot how active, happy and pain free I was before. Now that

I've had a few days to think back and really look at it ---I'm 100%

sure what I need to do. Although, knowing doesn't make it easier;

there's the fear of surgery, recovery and dealing with the feelings

prior to having the implants. Will my self esteem hit rock bottom;

(somehow I'd like to think I " m older and wiser)--of course my health

comes first but there's a twinge of wishing it not be my implants.

Plus how do I deal with not looking back and blaming myself --did I

do this to me--or did the medical community let me down--I guess it's

a little of both.

>

> So, I turn to ya'll (yes, I'm a southern girl) hoping to find

support to point me in the right direction of where to start. How do

I go about finding the right doctor to remove my implants but also

how to find someone who will listen and find out exactly ALL the

damage that has been done. Any words of advice would be greatly

appreciated. I look forward to being a part of the group and helping

you along your journeys.

>

> Thanks for listening,

> Janice

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi and welcome to our site. First of all I know how hard this must be

for you. I don't know exactly why some of us get sick so fast and

others don't or if it is a matter of not connecting things right away

or what it is. The most important thing now is that you need to get

those implants out asap. Where in the south are you? You have a few

great Dr's near you, and some that you may have to make more of a

trip to get to. I went to Dr Feng and have only the best things to

say about her, but others are very happy with the other docs they

have chosen. We do have a list, it is very very limited though as far

as personal information on those Dr's. I can tell you my experience

was a good one, and my photos I think tell the story, yes I am very

small but I have great scars. That is very important. I also had a

supportive Dr who believed in my illness and believed I would get

well, one who promised to get everything out of my body so that I

would not be suffering illness the rest of my life.

I am better, and I can say I am about 90-99% better but lately I will

admit I am having more foot problems, this seems to be my biggest

issues since all the other really weird stuff went away, all the

neuro stuff went away first, within 18 months, the aches and pains

went away slowly over a longer period of time, like 2 years, but my

feet have always been a problem, I have what they say is achilles

tendonitis, and from all my heels and running etc, it may not be

implant related, I just don'tknow what else it could be. But I am so

much improved I have a normal life and live like everyone else, I

work full time, I am going to school, I am traveling, doing all kinds

of things I never could have done before with those implants. I have

a great marriage and many blessings and I will honestly tell you that

getting those bombs out of my chest I think has made me look better,

younger, leaner, etc. I think that implants make many of us either

look matronly or silly depending on our frames. I was petite and thin

and fit and the implants were just huge on me, I looked like a

stripper or somthing. Now I just look like a girl who works out and

is in shape. I wear enhancers sometimes, strapless bras with tanks

and spaghetti strap tops and even tube tops or sometimes I just go

without anything and either way I feel I look pretty good.

So anyhow, to wrap this up I just want to tell ya that you can get

rid of most if not all your symptoms within at least the first year

or so. I know for a fact your going to def find relief, it just take

some time. You will get better. First you have to find the right Dr

and then get them out. You will probably be surprised to find out how

much tissue you really have in there and that with a lift if needed,

they can arrange that tissue so you will look really really awesome.

I hope that you will write more about your situation and what is

possible as far as travel and where you are too. We can help you find

a good doc that is close to you.

I will be gone for a few days but when I return I hope to hear more

from you.

I cannot get over how many new girls find this site everyday, it is

amazing, there are so many of us out there, if only the truth would

be told.

it is so sad.

Hugs

In , " Janice Duarte " <jandu5@b...> wrote:

> Hi everyone,

>

given

> birth to my second child. I had always been an A cup (if that) and

loved

> how I looked " post baby " ---I was happily married and thought it was

the

> perfect time to follow through on a dream. Little did I realize

this dream

> would slowly take away my body, my happiness and my sanity not to

even

> minimize the trauma to my husband and 3 children. I did not

realize this of

> course until I saw Kacey on GMA 3 days ago that it is my implants.

You see,

> I've always thought is was post partum. All my problems

began " after the

> baby " I had NO clue or thought it could be my implants. I've been

waiting

> these ten years for my breast to become hard --that was all I was

told that

> could be a side effect.

>

>

for " little things "

> like scalp sensitivity plus my newly acquired bald spot, migraines,

sinus

> infections, severe arthritis in my neck, upper and lower back,

bumping into

> walls, losing my balance, weakness in my feet, arms and hand/arm

tremors,

> I'm always dropping things and my right shoulder is in constant

pain-nothing

> helps. I've been to my ob/gyn; chiropractors, orthopedist,

psychologist,

> allergist and lastly(I'm sure I've missed a few drs) an orthopedic

surgeon

> who diagnosed me as having a narrowing of my spine in my neck along

with all

> the arthritis--(my spine as a 38 year old woman is now as a 60+

year olds)..

> I asked why--he says, " I don't know, unlucky I guess. " I had two

surgeries

> two years ago to take the pressure off my spinal cord and still

have all

> these problems, it's a daily challenge to get up and do for my

family. I

> say two surgeries because the initial one the doctor put in a metal

door and

> metal plates in my neck--I was deathly ill for 3 weeks unable to

hold my

> head up and walk; I started to get somewhat better and he says you

have an

> infection we've got to go in and remove the metal and put donor

bone in.

> They did; I felt 1000% great the day after surgery-I couldn't

believe it-it

> was night and day from the first surgery it wasn't an infection; it

was an

> allergic reaction to the metal--foreign object in body--it should

of been a

> clue.

>

that I

> forgot how active, happy and pain free I was before. Now that I've

had a

> few days to think back and really look at it ---I'm 100% sure what

I need to

> do. Although, knowing doesn't make it easier; there's the fear of

surgery,

> recovery and dealing with the feelings prior to having the

implants. Will

> my self esteem hit rock bottom; (somehow I'd like to think I " m

older and

> wiser)--of course my health comes first but there's a twinge of

wishing it

> not be my implants. Plus how do I deal with not looking back and

blaming

> myself --did I do this to me--or did the medical community let me

down--I

> guess it's a little of both.

>

support to

> point me in the right direction of where to start. How do I go

about

> finding the right doctor to remove my implants but also how to find

someone

> who will listen and find out exactly ALL the damage that has been

done. Any

> words of advice would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to

being a

> part of the group and helping you along your journeys.

>

> Thanks for listening,

> Janice

Guest guest

Just to comfort you, when I woke up in the little warm recovery room

in Dr Fengs totally modern and beautiful surgical center, I had no

cold oxygen blowing up my nose, my throat hurt but that was it. I had

some ginger ale, and ice water, it felt so good, they let me lay

there about 3 hours and just get to feeling better, they comforted

me, it was so different from implantation. Dr Feng came and held my

hand and told me my implants were very inflammed and my tissues were

inflammed and appeared that there was a bad reaction going on. It was

such a relief to know that. I had some pain meds, that made me feel

really good, and she gives you one shot of decadron (steroid) to help

you with energy and it works, it does make you kind of crash a bit

when it wears off but it really helps you get up and walk out on your

own.

They were so kind, they stayed way past closing with me, getting me

comfortable enough to get out of the surgical suite.

It was a pleasant expereince, and yes I too wanted to keep the boobs

in many ways, but now I am so happy they are gone. I have allot of

self confidence from working out, eating right, I look better than I

did at 30 and I am almost 40 years old.

Explant was the best thing I did for myself.

hugs

C

In , Janice <saffron16392000@y...>

wrote:

> Hi Janice..I had my implants done 3 years ago. After i started

feeling miserable, tired, short tempered etc. etc. etc. i went to see

my doctor who told me it was depression and she wanted me to go for

therepy and be put on medication...I think my doctor assumed it was

depression due to symptoms and the fact i had lost my 10 year old son

about 6 months before being implanted. I thought maybe it could very

well be that..then i was getting sicker and went to another doctor

who then found out i had hypoglycemia..well then i figured BINGO this

is my problem...About 6 months ago i started getting worseI was

checking my blood sugar seemed every 5 minutes and it would be

fine..Then the creeping feeling in my legs started, eventually it got

so bad i could almost jump out the window at night. I started to

feel like i was going to go totally nuts at that point..Right before

Christmas my one implant ruptured and i got on the computer to see if

there were any breast implant groups..(i was

> sure there wouldn't be), and much to my surprise there were

many.. Originally i had joined to see if this were common as far

as rupturing..didn't think in a million years that other ppl were

getting sick like i have been...I COULD NOT BELIEVE the first story i

read and thought OH MY GOD this is me!! I'm scheduled for surgery in

August..Hate to have surgery again, hated waking up in recovery to

ice cold oxygen blowing about 300 miles an hour down my throat felt

like i was being suffocated...A small, maybe selfish(?) part of me

wishes it weren't the implants.. Well i've rambled enough i'm

sure..Janice

>

> Janice Duarte <jandu5@b...> wrote:Hi everyone,

>

given birth to my second child. I had always been an A cup (if that)

and loved how I looked " post baby " ---I was happily married and

thought it was the perfect time to follow through on a dream. Little

did I realize this dream would slowly take away my body, my happiness

and my sanity not to even minimize the trauma to my husband and 3

children. I did not realize this of course until I saw Kacey on GMA

3 days ago that it is my implants. You see, I've always thought is

was post partum. All my problems began " after the baby " I had NO

clue or thought it could be my implants. I've been waiting these ten

years for my breast to become hard --that was all I was told that

could be a side effect.

>

>

upper and lower back, bumping into walls, losing my balance, weakness

in my feet, arms and hand/arm tremors, I'm always dropping things and

my right shoulder is in constant pain-nothing helps. I've been to my

ob/gyn; chiropractors, orthopedist, psychologist, allergist and lastly

(I'm sure I've missed a few drs) an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed

me as having a narrowing of my spine in my neck along with all the

arthritis--(my spine as a 38 year old woman is now as a 60+ year

olds).. I asked why--he says, " I don't know, unlucky I guess. " I

had two surgeries two years ago to take the pressure off my spinal

cord and still have all these problems, it's a daily challenge to get

up and do for my family. I say two surgeries because the initial one

the doctor put in a metal door and metal plates in

>

that I forgot how active, happy and pain free I was before. Now that

I've had a few days to think back and really look at it ---I'm 100%

sure what I need to do. Although, knowing doesn't make it easier;

there's the fear of surgery, recovery and dealing with the feelings

prior to having the implants. Will my self esteem hit rock bottom;

(somehow I'd like to think I " m older and wiser)--of course my health

comes first but there's a twinge of wishing it not be my implants.

Plus how do I deal with not looking back and blaming myself --did I

do this to me--or did the medical community let me down--I guess it's

a little of both.

>

support to point me in the right direction of where to start. How do

I go about finding the right doctor to remove my implants but also

how to find someone who will listen and find out exactly ALL the

damage that has been done. Any words of advice would be greatly

appreciated. I look forward to being a part of the group and helping

you along your journeys.

>

> Thanks for listening,

> Janice

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

C............I'm just wondering...When you had your surgery, how long did you have to stay on the oxygen? I'm wondering if maybe i had too much anesthesia or something that i had to stay on for 2 hours or more after waking up..Also..i had them try a few times to take it off and then i'd hear that beep beep beep...of the oximeter saying that my O2 level was low...Janicenaturalbeauty38 <naturalbeauty38@...> wrote:

Just to comfort you, when I woke up in the little warm recovery room in Dr Fengs totally modern and beautiful surgical center, I had no cold oxygen blowing up my nose, my throat hurt but that was it. I had some ginger ale, and ice water, it felt so good, they let me lay there about 3 hours and just get to feeling better, they comforted me, it was so different from implantation. Dr Feng came and held my hand and told me my implants were very inflammed and my tissues were inflammed and appeared that there was a bad reaction going on. It was such a relief to know that. I had some pain meds, that made me feel really good, and she gives you one shot of decadron (steroid) to help you with energy and it works, it does make you kind of crash a bit when it wears off but it really helps you get up and walk out on your own.They were so

kind, they stayed way past closing with me, getting me comfortable enough to get out of the surgical suite.It was a pleasant expereince, and yes I too wanted to keep the boobs in many ways, but now I am so happy they are gone. I have allot of self confidence from working out, eating right, I look better than I did at 30 and I am almost 40 years old.Explant was the best thing I did for myself.hugsCIn , Janice <saffron16392000@y...> wrote:> Hi Janice..I had my implants done 3 years ago. After i started feeling miserable, tired, short tempered etc. etc. etc. i went to see my doctor who told me it was depression and she wanted me to go for therepy and be put on medication...I think my doctor assumed it was depression due to symptoms and the fact i had lost my 10 year old son about 6 months before being implanted. I thought maybe it could very well

be that..then i was getting sicker and went to another doctor who then found out i had hypoglycemia..well then i figured BINGO this is my problem...About 6 months ago i started getting worseI was checking my blood sugar seemed every 5 minutes and it would be fine..Then the creeping feeling in my legs started, eventually it got so bad i could almost jump out the window at night. I started to feel like i was going to go totally nuts at that point..Right before Christmas my one implant ruptured and i got on the computer to see if there were any breast implant groups..(i was> sure there wouldn't be), and much to my surprise there were many.. Originally i had joined to see if this were common as far as rupturing..didn't think in a million years that other ppl were getting sick like i have been...I COULD NOT BELIEVE the first story i read and thought OH MY GOD this is me!! I'm scheduled

for surgery in August..Hate to have surgery again, hated waking up in recovery to ice cold oxygen blowing about 300 miles an hour down my throat felt like i was being suffocated...A small, maybe selfish(?) part of me wishes it weren't the implants.. Well i've rambled enough i'm sure..Janice> > Janice Duarte <jandu5@b...> wrote:Hi everyone,> > My saline implant nightmare began 10 years ago. I was 28 and had given birth to my second child. I had always been an A cup (if that) and loved how I looked "post baby"---I was happily married and thought it was the perfect time to follow through on a dream. Little did I realize this dream would slowly take away my body, my happiness and my sanity not to even minimize the trauma to my husband and 3 children. I did not realize this of course until I saw Kacey on GMA 3 days ago that it is my implants. You see, I've always thought

is was post partum. All my problems began "after the baby" I had NO clue or thought it could be my implants. I've been waiting these ten years for my breast to become hard --that was all I was told that could be a side effect. > > > I have lived the last ten years jumping from dr. to dr. for "little things" like scalp sensitivity plus my newly acquired bald spot, migraines, sinus infections, severe arthritis in my neck, upper and lower back, bumping into walls, losing my balance, weakness in my feet, arms and hand/arm tremors, I'm always dropping things and my right shoulder is in constant pain-nothing helps. I've been to my ob/gyn; chiropractors, orthopedist, psychologist, allergist and lastly(I'm sure I've missed a few drs) an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed me as having a narrowing of my spine in my neck along with all the arthritis--(my spine as a 38

year old woman is now as a 60+ year olds).. I asked why--he says, "I don't know, unlucky I guess." I had two surgeries two years ago to take the pressure off my spinal cord and still have all these problems, it's a daily challenge to get up and do for my family. I say two surgeries because the initial one the doctor put in a metal door and metal plates in> my neck--I was deathly ill for 3 weeks unable to hold my head up and walk; I started to get somewhat better and he says you have an infection we've got to go in and remove the metal and put donor bone in. They did; I felt 1000% great the day after surgery-I couldn't believe it-it was night and day from the first surgery it wasn't an infection; it was an allergic reaction to the metal--foreign object in body--it should of been a clue.> > I think I have lived so long trying to accept myself "post baby" that I forgot how active,

happy and pain free I was before. Now that I've had a few days to think back and really look at it ---I'm 100% sure what I need to do. Although, knowing doesn't make it easier; there's the fear of surgery, recovery and dealing with the feelings prior to having the implants. Will my self esteem hit rock bottom; (somehow I'd like to think I"m older and wiser)--of course my health comes first but there's a twinge of wishing it not be my implants. Plus how do I deal with not looking back and blaming myself --did I do this to me--or did the medical community let me down--I guess it's a little of both.> > So, I turn to ya'll (yes, I'm a southern girl) hoping to find support to point me in the right direction of where to start. How do I go about finding the right doctor to remove my implants but also how to find someone who will listen and find out exactly ALL the damage that has been done. Any

words of advice would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to being a part of the group and helping you along your journeys.> > Thanks for listening,> Janice> > > >

Guest guest

Everyone can have a different reaction to anesthesia, but if they were

monitoring your oxygen, I suspect you are ok.

Lynda

At 09:14 PM 6/27/2004, you wrote:

>C............I'm just wondering...When you had your surgery, how long did

>you have to stay on the oxygen? I'm wondering if maybe i had too much

>anesthesia or something that i had to stay on for 2 hours or more after

>waking up..Also..i had them try a few times to take it off and then i'd

>hear that beep beep beep...of the oximeter saying that my O2 level was

>low...Janice

>

>naturalbeauty38 <naturalbeauty38@...> wrote:

>Just to comfort you, when I woke up in the little warm recovery room

>in Dr Fengs totally modern and beautiful surgical center, I had no

>cold oxygen blowing up my nose, my throat hurt but that was it. I had

>some ginger ale, and ice water, it felt so good, they let me lay

>there about 3 hours and just get to feeling better, they comforted

>me, it was so different from implantation. Dr Feng came and held my

>hand and told me my implants were very inflammed and my tissues were

>inflammed and appeared that there was a bad reaction going on. It was

>such a relief to know that. I had some pain meds, that made me feel

>really good, and she gives you one shot of decadron (steroid) to help

>you with energy and it works, it does make you kind of crash a bit

>when it wears off but it really helps you get up and walk out on your

>own.

>They were so kind, they stayed way past closing with me, getting me

>comfortable enough to get out of the surgical suite.

>It was a pleasant expereince, and yes I too wanted to keep the boobs

>in many ways, but now I am so happy they are gone. I have allot of

>self confidence from working out, eating right, I look better than I

>did at 30 and I am almost 40 years old.

>Explant was the best thing I did for myself.

>hugs

>C

>

>

>

>

>

>

>In , Janice <saffron16392000@y...>

>wrote:

> > Hi Janice..I had my implants done 3 years ago. After i started

>feeling miserable, tired, short tempered etc. etc. etc. i went to see

>my doctor who told me it was depression and she wanted me to go for

>therepy and be put on medication...I think my doctor assumed it was

>depression due to symptoms and the fact i had lost my 10 year old son

>about 6 months before being implanted. I thought maybe it could very

>well be that..then i was getting sicker and went to another doctor

>who then found out i had hypoglycemia..well then i figured BINGO this

>is my problem...About 6 months ago i started getting worseI was

>checking my blood sugar seemed every 5 minutes and it would be

>fine..Then the creeping feeling in my legs started, eventually it got

>so bad i could almost jump out the window at night. I started to

>feel like i was going to go totally nuts at that point..Right before

>Christmas my one implant ruptured and i got on the computer to see if

>there were any breast implant groups..(i was

> > sure there wouldn't be), and much to my surprise there were

>many.. Originally i had joined to see if this were common as far

>as rupturing..didn't think in a million years that other ppl were

>getting sick like i have been...I COULD NOT BELIEVE the first story i

>read and thought OH MY GOD this is me!! I'm sc heduled for surgery in

>August..Hate to have surgery again, hated waking up in recovery to

>ice cold oxygen blowing about 300 miles an hour down my throat felt

>like i was being suffocated...A small, maybe selfish(?) part of me

>wishes it weren't the implants.. Well i've rambled enough i'm

>sure..Janice

> >

> > Janice Duarte <jandu5@b...> wrote:Hi everyone,

> >

> > My saline implant nightmare began 10 years ago. I was 28 and had

>given birth to my second child. I had always been an A cup (if that)

>and loved how I looked " post baby " ---I was happily married and

>thought it was the perfect time to follow through on a dream. Little

>did I realize this dream would slowly take away my body, my happiness

>and my sanity not to even minimize the trauma to my husband and 3

>children. I did not realize this of course until I saw Kacey on GMA

>3 days ago that it is my implants. You see, I've always thought is

>was post partum. All my problems began " after the baby " I had NO

>clue or thought it could be my implants. I've been waiting these ten

>years for my breast to become hard --that was all I was told that

>could be a side effect.

> >

> >

> > I have lived the last ten years jumping from dr. to dr.

>for " little things " like scalp sensitivity plus my newly acquired

>bald spot, migraines, sinus infections, severe arthritis in my neck,

>upper and lower back, bumping into walls, losing my balance, weakness

>in my feet, arms and hand/arm tremors, I'm always dropping things and

>my right shoulder is in constant pain-nothing helps. I've been to my

>ob/gyn; chiropractors, orthopedist, psychologist, allergist and lastly

>(I'm sure I've missed a few drs) an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed

>me as having a narrowing of my spine in my neck along with all the

>arthritis--(my spine as a 38 year old woman is now as a 60+ year

>olds).. I asked why--he says, " I don't know, unlucky I guess. " I

>had two surgeries two years ago to take the pressure off my spinal

>cord and still have all these problems, it's a daily challenge to get

>up and do for my family. I say two surgeries because the initial one

>the doctor put in a metal door and metal plates in

> > my neck--I was deathly ill for 3 weeks unable to hold my head up

>and walk; I started to get somewhat better and he says you have an

>infection we've got to go in and remove the metal and put donor bone

>in. They did; I felt 1000% great the day after surgery-I couldn't

>believe it-it was night and day from the first surgery it wasn't an

>infection; it was an allergic reaction to the metal--foreign object

>in body--it should of been a clue.

> >

> > I think I have lived so long trying to accept myself " post baby "

>that I forgot how a ctive, happy and pain free I was before. Now that

>I've had a few days to think back and really look at it ---I'm 100%

>sure what I need to do. Although, knowing doesn't make it easier;

>there's the fear of surgery, recovery and dealing with the feelings

>prior to having the implants. Will my self esteem hit rock bottom;

>(somehow I'd like to think I " m older and wiser)--of course my health

>comes first but there's a twinge of wishing it not be my implants.

>Plus how do I deal with not looking back and blaming myself --did I

>do this to me--or did the medical community let me down--I guess it's

>a little of both.

> >

> > So, I turn to ya'll (yes, I'm a southern girl) hoping to find

>support to point me in the right direction of where to start. How do

>I go about finding the right doctor to remove my implants but also

>how to find someone who will listen and find out exactly ALL the

>damage that has been do ne. Any words of advice would be greatly

>appreciated. I look forward to being a part of the group and helping

>you along your journeys.

> >

> > Thanks for listening,

> > Janice

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Hi Pam...Yes there are 2 Janices and i guess we are both pretty new...I myself joined a couple weeks ago and kind of was pretty quiet at first..I read the emails and then finally thought i'd try jumping in a bit...I am Janice R. and am from New Jersey. I'll just sign as Janice R. so we can not confuse everyone..Thanks for replying to my email and i really feel as though this is a very nice group here and very glad that i joined. Janice R. Pam <nannapam3103@...> wrote:

Wow Janice, you sound so much like me! I'm not sure if I wrote about my hypoglycemia and my terrible mood in my story, but I had it for sure. My hands looked so bad from all the stick marks where I checked my sugar "every 5 minutes!" I am so, so sorry to hear about your son. I'm sure that the depression could very well be from losing him. I've never suffered such a loss, but I have been very depressed since getting the implants. Not really clinically depressed, just always felt down I guess. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and are you a new member? Are there 2 Janices? If so, can one of you all use an initial from your last name or a nickname so I can keep ya straight? Thanks.Pam Hi everyone,> > My saline implant nightmare began 10 years ago. I was 28 and had given birth to my

second child. I had always been an A cup (if that) and loved how I looked "post baby"---I was happily married and thought it was the perfect time to follow through on a dream. Little did I realize this dream would slowly take away my body, my happiness and my sanity not to even minimize the trauma to my husband and 3 children. I did not realize this of course until I saw Kacey on GMA 3 days ago that it is my implants. You see, I've always thought is was post partum. All my problems began "after the baby" I had NO clue or thought it could be my implants. I've been waiting these ten years for my breast to become hard --that was all I was told that could be a side effect. > > > I have lived the last ten years jumping from dr. to dr. for "little things" like scalp sensitivity plus my newly acquired bald spot, migraines, sinus infections, severe

arthritis in my neck, upper and lower back, bumping into walls, losing my balance, weakness in my feet, arms and hand/arm tremors, I'm always dropping things and my right shoulder is in constant pain-nothing helps. I've been to my ob/gyn; chiropractors, orthopedist, psychologist, allergist and lastly(I'm sure I've missed a few drs) an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed me as having a narrowing of my spine in my neck along with all the arthritis--(my spine as a 38 year old woman is now as a 60+ year olds).. I asked why--he says, "I don't know, unlucky I guess." I had two surgeries two years ago to take the pressure off my spinal cord and still have all these problems, it's a daily challenge to get up and do for my family. I say two surgeries because the initial one the doctor put in a metal door and metal plates in> my neck--I was deathly ill for 3 weeks unable to hold my head up and walk; I

started to get somewhat better and he says you have an infection we've got to go in and remove the metal and put donor bone in. They did; I felt 1000% great the day after surgery-I couldn't believe it-it was night and day from the first surgery it wasn't an infection; it was an allergic reaction to the metal--foreign object in body--it should of been a clue.> > I think I have lived so long trying to accept myself "post baby" that I forgot how active, happy and pain free I was before. Now that I've had a few days to think back and really look at it ---I'm 100% sure what I need to do. Although, knowing doesn't make it easier; there's the fear of surgery, recovery and dealing with the feelings prior to having the implants. Will my self esteem hit rock bottom; (somehow I'd like to think I"m older and wiser)--of course my health comes first but there's a twinge of wishing it not be my implants.

Plus how do I deal with not looking back and blaming myself --did I do this to me--or did the medical community let me down--I guess it's a little of both.> > So, I turn to ya'll (yes, I'm a southern girl) hoping to find support to point me in the right direction of where to start. How do I go about finding the right doctor to remove my implants but also how to find someone who will listen and find out exactly ALL the damage that has been done. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to being a part of the group and helping you along your journeys.> > Thanks for listening,> Janice> > > >

Guest guest

Hey Janice...

I'm very sorry about your son, I myself have 3 children and cannot imagine walking in your shoes. In the beginning I'm sure I would also think depression--which I also have on numerous occasions; I have so many prescriptions in my cabinets for various illnesses I could run my own pharmacy. Of course I quit taking them because it didn't cure the problems. It seems so silly now, to look back prior to getting the implants, I was an active-mentally adjusted fun loving person, why I thought for so long my hormones had taken over is beyond me, I wish I had looked at it more deeply.

I must admit I'm running so many emotions at this point from knowing this is whats causing me to be sick and knowing they will stay in there until I can have them out it's very unsettling. I'm very thankful I haven't had a rupture but on the other hand perhaps if I had --then maybe I would of been fortunate enough as you to realize the problem before all this time has past. That is unless the rupture caused more problems like I've been reading about. Hopefully you understand what I'm saying.

As far as surgery, maybe you can tell them about your fear of the oxygen, in my case(spinal) they were able to remove it before I woke up and all I had was a mask. It sounds like the explant surgery will be easier than the implant surgery, although mine wasn't bad on the implant. I'm glad you will soon be explanted--where will you be having your surgery done?

Janice D.

-----Original Message-----From: Janice [mailto:saffron16392000@...]Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 10:55 PM Subject: Re: My story

Hi Janice..I had my implants done 3 years ago. After i started feeling miserable, tired, short tempered etc. etc. etc. i went to see my doctor who told me it was depression and she wanted me to go for therepy and be put on medication...I think my doctor assumed it was depression due to symptoms and the fact i had lost my 10 year old son about 6 months before being implanted. I thought maybe it could very well be that..then i was getting sicker and went to another doctor who then found out i had hypoglycemia..well then i figured BINGO this is my problem...About 6 months ago i started getting worseI was checking my blood sugar seemed every 5 minutes and it would be fine..Then the creeping feeling in my legs started, eventually it got so bad i could almost jump out the window at night. I started to feel like i was going to go totally nuts at that point..Right before Christmas my one implant ruptured and i got on the computer to see if there were any breast implant groups..(i was sure there wouldn't be), and much to my surprise there were many.. Originally i had joined to see if this were common as far as rupturing..didn't think in a million years that other ppl were getting sick like i have been...I COULD NOT BELIEVE the first story i read and thought OH MY GOD this is me!! I'm scheduled for surgery in August..Hate to have surgery again, hated waking up in recovery to ice cold oxygen blowing about 300 miles an hour down my throat felt like i was being suffocated...A small, maybe selfish(?) part of me wishes it weren't the implants.. Well i've rambled enough i'm sure..JaniceJanice Duarte <jandu5@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have lived the last ten years jumping from dr. to dr. for "little things" like scalp sensitivity plus my newly acquired bald spot, migraines, sinus infections, severe arthritis in my neck, upper and lower back, bumping into walls, losing my balance, weakness in my feet, arms and hand/arm tremors, I'm always dropping things and my right shoulder is in constant pain-nothing helps. I've been to my ob/gyn; chiropractors, orthopedist, psychologist, allergist and lastly(I'm sure I've missed a few drs) an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed me as having a narrowing of my spine in my neck along with all the arthritis--(my spine as a 38 year old woman is now as a 60+ year olds).. I asked why--he says, "I don't know, unlucky I guess." I had two surgeries two years ago to take the pressure off my spinal cord and still have all these problems, it's a daily challenge to get up and do for my family. I say two surgeries because the initial one the doctor put in a metal door and metal plates in my neck--I was deathly ill for 3 weeks unable to hold my head up and walk; I started to get somewhat better and he says you have an infection we've got to go in and remove the metal and put donor bone in. They did; I felt 1000% great the day after surgery-I couldn't believe it-it was night and day from the first surgery it wasn't an infection; it was an allergic reaction to the metal--foreign object in body--it should of been a clue.

Thanks for listening,

Janice

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Janice,

Do you want me to post your story in our files section?

PattyJanice Duarte <jandu5@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for listening,

Janice

Guest guest

Hi Patty,

That would be great. I have my consult today with Dr. Kolb so hopefully I'll have something to contribute to the group soon.

JaniceD

-----Original Message-----From: Trish Trish [mailto:harvest2harvest@...]Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 12:55 AM Subject: Re: My story

Janice,

Do you want me to post your story in our files section?

PattyJanice Duarte <jandu5@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for listening,

Janice

Guest guest

Janice.

Your story is almost identical to mine. I became pregnant three years

after implant. Six months after my son was born, it was one thing after another

starting with anxiety and hair loss..all of the doctors I went to dismissed it

as a post-partum reaction.. and all wanted to just keep feeding me drugs.

My son is six years old now and I am having severe thyroidal problems.

I am currently taking Synthroid, but it doesnt help anymore.

I have pain between my shoulder blades that never goes away, and my

the vertabrae in my neck are beginning to fuse together. I have constant

headaches and I am sooooo clumsy . I never suspected it was my implants until

someone posted to the thyroid support group I am part of.

I have had them for ten years, and I am terrified of what I will look like etc...

if they are removed. And I fear that it wont make much difference after this

amount of time. Damage being done. I am in Colorado and I have not had

much luck finding anyone that is willing to discuss the problems and/or the

possibility of explant.

I am very frustrated, angry and scared.

I sure am glad this group is here!

Im definately learning a lot.

christina.

Guest guest

Hi again...

I actually discovered the neck problem after going to a Chiropractor.

My pain came on so suddenly, I figured I had injured myself somehow at

work or something....

I have a pretty physical job...which I can hardly do now, thank god I have

some freedom there.

I was not responding to adjustments as the Dr thought I would, so he took an

x-ray..

Stage one osteo-arthritis. He said with regular treatments we can slow it down

considerably...but, he is very expensive. I spent 400.00 in the first month with him!

I did not tell him I had implants though...but, I did not suspect at the time that

they were part of the problem.

He did send me a letter wondering why I had not been back.

I just told him that I had some other health issues that needed more

attention first, and left it at that.

I only went up one cup size, from B to C. I didnt want folks pointing at me,

or saying stuff like "oh yeah, they arent hers"

So I just did a little adjustment. No one even suspects...they just thought

I lost weight or something.

They were placed under the muscle, to avoid rippling, and they look

very natural in the way they hang...not like melons stuck to my torso.

I hate that look.

So, the stretching should not be too bad. I really dont care how small I end

up, as long as I dont have to tuck them in my belt!

Thats what led me to implant in the first place...to avoid the scars of a lift.

I went with the smallest possible implant (four ounces) just to fill in the

space after two children.

I have absolutely NO feeling in them now either, so I dont have a whole lot

to lose by having them removed.

I was absolutely shocked to read that they can have fungus...

That was never mentioned to me...and it sounds like it is a common

problem associated with them.

So much to learn....

c.

Guest guest

Hi ,

Welcome to the group; you have come to a very supportive group of women. I am a newbie to the group and just realized a few weeks ago my implants were causing my problems so I'm still getting my feet wet. I know it can be so overwhelming at times to think about everything so try to step back and deal with one issue at a time and take it piece by piece. It's the only way I've gotten thru the last few weeks.

The neck issue along with the implant is very serious. It sounds like you have had an MRI of you neck if you see the fusion. So I trust you are under a doctors care for it? It's very important to also take care of your spine issues. I do believe the implants are what helped speed the arthritis along. Hopefully by removing them it will bring back most of the functions we have lost but of course will not reverse the arthritis. It should however hopefully slow it down. I just finished PT for my shoulder pain which was unbearable at times for 2 years and it still is; a little relief but not much.

I must say that I to am very saddened about giving up my C cup for an A (if that). I have felt extremely confident about my body ever since getting implants. I don't exactly remember what I looked liked that long ago and truth be told I don't think I"m ready for it. That's one of those issues I'll deal with when it comes along because I know I need to have them removed if I want to have a life again. It is scary and I know I'll be VERY depressed. There's no getting around it-I'm ready to live healthy again....

Each person is different in the way their body reacts to the implants so for some it took a matter of weeks, months or a couple of years; for us a little longer. I have noticed over time things are progressively getting worse and more and more problems are beginning to arise or really already had that I didn't know was related. I'm just thankful that I'm still able to somewhat function after 11 years and I don't want to take a chance of not being able to get out of bed at all one day. I truly believe we were led to this site for a reason; the answers we've been looking for all these years, is right here.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Take care,

JaniceD

-----Original Message-----From: Aprilcupcake@... [mailto:Aprilcupcake@...]Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 1:15 AM Subject: Re: My story

Janice.

Your story is almost identical to mine. I became pregnant three years

after implant. Six months after my son was born, it was one thing after another

starting with anxiety and hair loss..all of the doctors I went to dismissed it

as a post-partum reaction.. and all wanted to just keep feeding me drugs.

My son is six years old now and I am having severe thyroidal problems.

I am currently taking Synthroid, but it doesnt help anymore.

I have pain between my shoulder blades that never goes away, and my

the vertabrae in my neck are beginning to fuse together. I have constant

headaches and I am sooooo clumsy . I never suspected it was my implants until

someone posted to the thyroid support group I am part of.

I have had them for ten years, and I am terrified of what I will look like etc...

if they are removed. And I fear that it wont make much difference after this

amount of time. Damage being done. I am in Colorado and I have not had

much luck finding anyone that is willing to discuss the problems and/or the

possibility of explant.

I am very frustrated, angry and scared.

I sure am glad this group is here!

Im definately learning a lot.

christina.

Guest guest

Hi again...

The loss of sensation was right away, and it was difficult to

accept. I know we don't like to think of our breast as being that important,

but I really missed it, I still do. I can't tell when they are being touched aside

from being able to "see" that they are.

My nipples arent even sensitive to temperature changes.

(Sorry if this is too graphic for ya. )

My implants were placed below the muscle and I don't know if that has

anything to do with it. Perhaps it's more invasive. I do have a very

small scar, and that I was grateful for.

Are they explanted thru the same incision?

So, part of the trade off was great looking breasts, but no sensation.

Now I'm afraid of No sensation, AND ugly.

Pretty sorry huh?

I know that's the wrong attitude, it's just hard to accept right now.

And I'm getting more angry about it all the more I learn.

I just wish I had been told the TRUTH from the start.

And I could have made a much more educated decision.

C.

Guest guest

-

Janice

Wow. Your story sounds so familar. I am really sorry. The good

news is that you saw Kacey and that is the beginning of a new

chapter in your life! I know you will follow through and get those

implants out and then you can start looking forward to better and

better days! We are here to support you in any way we can. God

bless

Hugs,

kathy

-- In , Trish Trish

<harvest2harvest@y...> wrote:

> Janice,

> Do you want me to post your story in our files section?

> Patty

>

> Janice Duarte <jandu5@b...> wrote:

> Hi everyone,

>

given birth to my second child. I had always been an A cup (if

that) and loved how I looked " post baby " ---I was happily married and

thought it was the perfect time to follow through on a dream.

Little did I realize this dream would slowly take away my body, my

happiness and my sanity not to even minimize the trauma to my

husband and 3 children. I did not realize this of course until I

saw Kacey on GMA 3 days ago that it is my implants. You see, I've

always thought is was post partum. All my problems began " after

the baby " I had NO clue or thought it could be my implants. I've

been waiting these ten years for my breast to become hard --that was

all I was told that could be a side effect.

>

>

upper and lower back, bumping into walls, losing my balance,

weakness in my feet, arms and hand/arm tremors, I'm always dropping

things and my right shoulder is in constant pain-nothing helps.

I've been to my ob/gyn; chiropractors, orthopedist, psychologist,

allergist and lastly(I'm sure I've missed a few drs) an orthopedic

surgeon who diagnosed me as having a narrowing of my spine in my

neck along with all the arthritis--(my spine as a 38 year old woman

is now as a 60+ year olds).. I asked why--he says, " I don't know,

unlucky I guess. " I had two surgeries two years ago to take the

pressure off my spinal cord and still have all these problems, it's

a daily challenge to get up and do for my family. I say two

surgeries because the initial one the doctor put in a metal door and

metal plates in

>

that I forgot how active, happy and pain free I was before. Now

that I've had a few days to think back and really look at it ---I'm

100% sure what I need to do. Although, knowing doesn't make it

easier; there's the fear of surgery, recovery and dealing with the

feelings prior to having the implants. Will my self esteem hit rock

bottom; (somehow I'd like to think I " m older and wiser)--of course

my health comes first but there's a twinge of wishing it not be my

implants. Plus how do I deal with not looking back and blaming

myself --did I do this to me--or did the medical community let me

down--I guess it's a little of both.

>

support to point me in the right direction of where to start. How

do I go about finding the right doctor to remove my implants but

also how to find someone who will listen and find out exactly ALL

the damage that has been done. Any words of advice would be greatly

appreciated. I look forward to being a part of the group and

helping you along your journeys.

>

> Thanks for listening,

> Janice

>

>

>

>

• 4 months later...

-

Dear sarah

Welcome to our support site. I am so glad that you found us.

I am so sorry that you have been through all of this. It sure does

sound like your implant is the root of your problem. I definitely

think you should get the implant out as soon as possible. I am

sorry that you needed it to correct your congenital problem and

hopefully the ps will be able to make the best of the situation

without the implant. Have you thought of who you might go to yet?

I would certainly try to get a top notch surgeon who not only

understands the importance of removing the implant en bloc, but who

will be able to do a great reconstructive job for your breast too.

Your husband sounds like a very caring loving man.

What did you mean when you said that ella has a weak chest? are you

talking about muscles?

After you are explanted, there are many things you can do to try and

speed up your recovery. Detoxing and eating right are very

important. We are here to help you in any way we can, so please

feel free to ask any questions you might have, and please keep us

updated about your surgery.

Hugs, kathy

-- In , " sarahspo " <sarahspoon@m...>

wrote:

>

> Hi

>

> just thought you might be interested in hearing my story.

>

> Due to a birth defect my left breast never developed as you can

> imagine growing up with one breast had quite a big psychological

> effect on me. so when I was eighteen my doctor decided the best

thing

> to do was to have a saline implant, which would be perfectly safe

as

> saline is dissolved by the body (yeah right!) the operation was

done

> and I was reasonbly happy with the result.

>

> The pain probably started quite soon after the operation just like

a

> dull ache in my breast I never really thought much of it and

carried

> on with my life as normal when I was ninteen I fell pregnant but

after

> 10 weeks I miscarried and was devestated I then fell pegnant again

and

> again I misscarried. this happened 5 times but no doctor could

tell me

> why.

>

> I was married in september 1999 and found out a week later that I

was

> eight weeks pregnant. Chloe May was born the following spring I was

> over the moon I breast fed her as the doctors said this was okay

but

> she became really sick she couldn't hold her milk, was in extreme

pain

> and constantly vomiting no one knew why. I stoppped feeding her and

> put her on bottles and slowly she got better.

>

> When Chloe was seven months old I fell pregnant with Ella this

time I

> did not breast feed and she was fine.

>

> Chloe is now 4 she still gets sickness bugs alot but is otherwise

> healthy I'm hopeing as she gets older she will get a better immune

system.

>

> Ella is 3 has no stomach problems but does have a weak chest how

much

> of this is down to my implant I do not know.

>

> I am now 27 and about eighteen months ago had shooting pains down

my

> left arm my hand went numb and I had tingling in my fingers saw the

> doctor who said I had a trapped nerve the pain got worst and

> progressed to the rest of my body I have now been diagnosed as

having

> arthritis all over raynauds syndrome and chronic fatigue my left

> breast has swollen and I'm on morphine for the Pain.

>

> Two weeks ago I read Kacey Longs story and decided to do some

> reasearch on the internet and after seeing many doctors who told

me it

> was not my implant and that they would not remove it but would

replace

> it with another implant I have finally found one who believes me

and

> is at the moment pushing to get it removed in the new year.

>

> Psychologically I feel better knowing I will be explanted but a

little

> scared as I will lose my whole breast but I know there are alot of

> ways to disguise this and I have a very supportive husband who just

> wants me to get well again. The new year can't come quick enough

for

> me I want to be able to play with my kids again and do things

normal

> 27 year olds do I know it will be a while before I'm back to full

> health and until then will be keeping a postive attitude.

>

> Thanks to this website and others like it I have finally found out

why

> I'm getting sick, I have had my implant for 8 years now and just

hope

> its not done any permenant damage.

>

> Thanks for taking the time to read this

> xxx

sarah, you found the right place, i found this site as well and well....was almost dead, i couldn't even get out of bed some days, chills nausea, hairloss swoolen glands.....etc...etc, the list goes on, i was explanted a year and a half ago. iam doing great, my period came back a month after they came out (i didn'y get it the whole 2 and a half years i had my implants) mtv was just here with me for 4 days filming a documentry, the same one kacey was in! the secret is coming out!!! PEOPLE ARE AND WILL KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT IMPLANTS!!!! YOU CAN TALK TO ME ANYTIME scissorstar@... feel free...i will pray for you sarah...its a hard decision....very emotional....i still am sad some days, but my health is so important! hugs d

DIANA D

>From: "sarahspo" <sarahspoon@...>

>Reply-

>

>Subject: my story

>Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:11:25 -0000

>

>

>Hi

>

>just thought you might be interested in hearing my story.

>

>Due to a birth defect my left breast never developed as you can

>imagine growing up with one breast had quite a big psychological

>effect on me. so when I was eighteen my doctor decided the best thing

>to do was to have a saline implant, which would be perfectly safe as

>saline is dissolved by the body (yeah right!) the operation was done

>and I was reasonbly happy with the result.

>

>The pain probably started quite soon after the operation just like a

>dull ache in my breast I never really thought much of it and carried

>on with my life as normal when I was ninteen I fell pregnant but after

>10 weeks I miscarried and was devestated I then fell pegnant again and

>again I misscarried. this happened 5 times but no doctor could tell me

>why.

>

>I was married in september 1999 and found out a week later that I was

>eight weeks pregnant. Chloe May was born the following spring I was

>over the moon I breast fed her as the doctors said this was okay but

>she became really sick she couldn't hold her milk, was in extreme pain

>and constantly vomiting no one knew why. I stoppped feeding her and

>put her on bottles and slowly she got better.

>

>When Chloe was seven months old I fell pregnant with Ella this time I

>did not breast feed and she was fine.

>

>Chloe is now 4 she still gets sickness bugs alot but is otherwise

>healthy I'm hopeing as she gets older she will get a better immune system.

>

>Ella is 3 has no stomach problems but does have a weak chest how much

>of this is down to my implant I do not know.

>

>I am now 27 and about eighteen months ago had shooting pains down my

>left arm my hand went numb and I had tingling in my fingers saw the

>doctor who said I had a trapped nerve the pain got worst and

>progressed to the rest of my body I have now been diagnosed as having

>arthritis all over raynauds syndrome and chronic fatigue my left

>breast has swollen and I'm on morphine for the Pain.

>

>Two weeks ago I read Kacey Longs story and decided to do some

>reasearch on the internet and after seeing many doctors who told me it

>was not my implant and that they would not remove it but would replace

>it with another implant I have finally found one who believes me and

>is at the moment pushing to get it removed in the new year.

>

>Psychologically I feel better knowing I will be explanted but a little

>scared as I will lose my whole breast but I know there are alot of

>ways to disguise this and I have a very supportive husband who just

>wants me to get well again. The new year can't come quick enough for

>me I want to be able to play with my kids again and do things normal

>27 year olds do I know it will be a while before I'm back to full

>health and until then will be keeping a postive attitude.

>

>Thanks to this website and others like it I have finally found out why

>I'm getting sick, I have had my implant for 8 years now and just hope

>its not done any permenant damage.

>

>Thanks for taking the time to read this

> xxx

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

I'm thrilled that you did the MTV show! . . . Can't

wait for it to come out!

Sooner or later, our story will turn into an

avalanche. The medical profession owes American women

a huge apology!

Hugs,

Rogene

What kind of MTV program are you doing ?Rogene S <saxony01@...> wrote:

I'm thrilled that you did the MTV show! . . . Can'twait for it to come out!Sooner or later, our story will turn into anavalanche. The medical profession owes American womena huge apology!Hugs,Rogene

sarah - I feel for you as I had mine for 7 years and also breastfed my son who is 3.

I was so happy to have my implants removed and get on the road to healing. What part of the country do you live in?

shari

> sarah - I feel for you as I had mine for 7 years and also breastfed

my son

> who is 3.

> I was so happy to have my implants removed and get on the road to

healing.

> What part of the country do you live in?

>

> shari

Hi Shari

I live in England unfortunatly as it seems even less is known about

thease implants over here and finding a surgeon to perform the en bloc

procedue has proved quite difficult.

I am still waiting to hear from the plastic surgeon my doctor has

referred me to.

Did your son have any sort of reaction from being breast fed?

love x