RemedySpot.com

Re: zinc with iodine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

No it is not part of the protocol. That is why it is not listed. We only put the "bare minimum" nutrients on the list so that people do not get overwhelmed when starting. Not everyone needs zinc.

Buist, ND HC

zinc with iodine

can someone explain to me why zinc is not listed on the companion nutrients list? I thought it was. I seem to need 50mg.

Gracia

I seem to remember it was once on the list? no?

Gracia

No it is not part of the protocol. That is why it is not listed. We only put the "bare minimum" nutrients on the list so that people do not get overwhelmed when starting. Not everyone needs zinc.

Buist, ND HC

zinc with iodine

can someone explain to me why zinc is not listed on the companion nutrients list? I thought it was. I seem to need 50mg.

Gracia

No it was never on the list.

Buist, ND HC

zinc with iodine

Gracia

I think the symptoms of low Zinc should be on the list. I had muscle spasms because of low Zinc and it took awhile to figure it out. It would have saved me having that pain. Louise From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of ladybugsandbeesSent: January-03-12 11:55 AMiodine Subject: Re: zinc with iodine No it was never on the list. Buist, ND HC Re: zinc with iodine

There is no possible way that I can address every potential deficiency and symptom in the Iodine Supplementation document. There are too many variables. The purpose of the document is to give a high level getting started and common issues associated with supplementing. It is not meant to diagnose or treat every potential issue that someone could have.

Google works well for searching for answers when you enter a list of symptoms. I have done this many times on my journey.

Buist, ND HC

Hi Louise,

People can google information. We cannot put the symptoms of low minerals on the list. Although some folks need zinc, not everyone does and zinc is not part of the Iodine Protocol.

Best,

Kathleen

interesting philosophical question. to zinc or not to zinc.However to reach beyond opinion one would need to have a test? to establishwhether the levels are within range,,, onthe assumption that the standard rangeis a useful guide?Adele promoted the idea that tobe healthy all the nutrients must besupplied.

including sufficient protein intake.and she lists all foods and their values,In her book Lets Get Well (1972) at the endof page 321 she writes: "Whether wellor ill, to omit a single nutrient is to inviteeventual disaster."She was well aware of the importance ofiodine. In fact she mentions the highintake of the Japanese and contrasts theextremely low FDA recommended intake.At that time of course it may have beensafe to include seaweed in the diet whereasnow that is a mute point.another vital point she makes which seemsto have been over looked here is Vit E.she writes"If vitamin E is deficient, the absorption of iodine by the

thyroid decreases to 5 % if normal. Because the glands, attempting to

compensate for the deficiency, may become overactive or toxic, anyone with

hyperthyroidism should take generous amounts of Vit E over a prolonged period. Giving adults 500

mgs daily has caused their thyroids to absorb twice as much iodine and the

protein bound iodine in their blood has increased to normal.

A high protein diet speeds the activity of a sluggish

thyroid glands by supplying the amino acid thyrosine, from which the thyroid

hormone is made. Tyrosine however, cannot be used without Vitamins B6 and C nor

can the hormone be made without choline. Thyroxin is inactivated by oxygen if

Vit C is undersupplied or destroyed.Hope this is of some use, From: Gracia <circe@...> iodine Sent: Tuesday, 3 January 2012, 16:53 Subject: Re: zinc with iodine

I seem to remember it was once on the list? no?

Gracia

Buist, ND HC

zinc with iodine

Gracia