RemedySpot.com

Sinus Infection in 10 yr. old son/Iodine use

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi All!

My son was diagnosed today with a very bad sinus infection by his pediatrician.

He has complained of headaches for about the past 2 months, but usually after

playing Basketball, or after practice. No drainage he has complained about or

that I had seen...no fever, either.

This morning he woke up with a very bad sore throat, strep is going around, so

we took him in. X-rays confirmed the infection with the sinuses. The sinuses are

just packed.

The Doc gave us Augmentin, 500 mg. twice a day, and wanted us to use Claritin D,

1 adult dose tablet, a day. I am against that, because of the potential side

effects on the heart of an adult dose tab in a 10 year old boy.

I know to really pump up the fluids, give vitamin C around the clock when he is

awake in addition to his normal daily vitamins, and I have essential oils that

will help him breathe better with steam. However, I thought getting him started

on Iodine might be a good idea. I have both the Standard Process and the

Iodoral, 12.5 mg. tabs here, leftover from a year or so ago when I tried the

Iodoral. What would be a good dose to start him off with? This kid is usually so

healthy, this really caught us by surprise!

Thanks,

Tamara

Hi Tamara,

A few years ago the Mayo Clinic did a study and discovered that almost all sinus infections are fungus based. If it were me, I would use a Neti Pot with distilled water, salt and a drop or two of Lugols and a pinch of Xlylitol. There are also products on the market using olive leaf extract that can be sprayed into the nose to help kill the fungus.

How old is your son? If he is adult size and were my son, I would start him on 12.5mg iodine and work up. In my opinion everyone should be taking iodine daily whether they have a sinus infection or not.

Best,

-Kathleen

Sinus Infection in 10 yr. old son/Iodine use

Hi All!My son was diagnosed today with a very bad sinus infection by his pediatrician. He has complained of headaches for about the past 2 months, but usually after playing Basketball, or after practice. No drainage he has complained about or that I had seen...no fever, either.This morning he woke up with a very bad sore throat, strep is going around, so we took him in. X-rays confirmed the infection with the sinuses. The sinuses are just packed.The Doc gave us Augmentin, 500 mg. twice a day, and wanted us to use Claritin D, 1 adult dose tablet, a day. I am against that, because of the potential side effects on the heart of an adult dose tab in a 10 year old boy.I know to really pump up the fluids, give vitamin C around the clock when he is awake in addition to his normal daily vitamins, and I have essential oils that will help him breathe better with steam. However, I thought getting him started on Iodine might be a good idea. I have both the Standard Process and the Iodoral, 12.5 mg. tabs here, leftover from a year or so ago when I tried the Iodoral. What would be a good dose to start him off with? This kid is usually so healthy, this really caught us by surprise!Thanks,Tamara

Not exactly the same situation, but my son, who had a chronically runny nose and

frequent colds has done remarkably well on 2-4 drops of 5% Lugol's a day in

water. He's now almost 8.

His nose has stopped running, he rarely has colds or ear infections an his

breath is MUCH better.

Jaye

>

> Hi All!

> My son was diagnosed today with a very bad sinus infection by his

pediatrician. He has complained of headaches for about the past 2 months, but

usually after playing Basketball, or after practice. No drainage he has

complained about or that I had seen...no fever, either.

> This morning he woke up with a very bad sore throat, strep is going around, so

we took him in. X-rays confirmed the infection with the sinuses. The sinuses are

just packed.

> The Doc gave us Augmentin, 500 mg. twice a day, and wanted us to use Claritin

D, 1 adult dose tablet, a day. I am against that, because of the potential side

effects on the heart of an adult dose tab in a 10 year old boy.

> I know to really pump up the fluids, give vitamin C around the clock when he

is awake in addition to his normal daily vitamins, and I have essential oils

that will help him breathe better with steam. However, I thought getting him

started on Iodine might be a good idea. I have both the Standard Process and the

Iodoral, 12.5 mg. tabs here, leftover from a year or so ago when I tried the

Iodoral. What would be a good dose to start him off with? This kid is usually so

healthy, this really caught us by surprise!

> Thanks,

> Tamara

>

Tamara, You could also consider using colloidal silver in a nasal spray in case the iodine doesn't do the trick. I've read a lot of good things about CS too. Just another thing to add to your list of things to try. Ric From: pinehavenfarm7 <pinehavenfarm7@...> iodine Sent: Friday, January 6, 2012 4:27

PM Subject: Sinus Infection in 10 yr. old son/Iodine use

Hi All!

My son was diagnosed today with a very bad sinus infection by his pediatrician. He has complained of headaches for about the past 2 months, but usually after playing Basketball, or after practice. No drainage he has complained about or that I had seen...no fever, either.

This morning he woke up with a very bad sore throat, strep is going around, so we took him in. X-rays confirmed the infection with the sinuses. The sinuses are just packed.

The Doc gave us Augmentin, 500 mg. twice a day, and wanted us to use Claritin D, 1 adult dose tablet, a day. I am against that, because of the potential side effects on the heart of an adult dose tab in a 10 year old boy.

I know to really pump up the fluids, give vitamin C around the clock when he is awake in addition to his normal daily vitamins, and I have essential oils that will help him breathe better with steam. However, I thought getting him started on Iodine might be a good idea. I have both the Standard Process and the Iodoral, 12.5 mg. tabs here, leftover from a year or so ago when I tried the Iodoral. What would be a good dose to start him off with? This kid is usually so healthy, this really caught us by surprise!

Thanks,

Tamara