RemedySpot.com

Vitamin D3 with Sea-IodineTM

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Am wondering if anyone has had occasion to use this product. I’ve come into possession of a bottle of Life Extension’s 1000 IU Vitamin D3 with Sea-Iodine™. The ingredients label states each 1000 IU capsule of vitamin D as cholecalciferol contains 1 mg of Natural Iodine (no further explanation) and 400 mg of Sea-Iodine™ Complex Blend (Italian Bladderwrack, Icelandic Kelp, Nova Scotian Kelp and Nova Scotian Dulse). It has a list of cautions, none of which seem to apply to me. I normally take 10,000 IUs of vitamin D3 per my doctor’s advice during the winter months since I live a fair bit above the 40th parallel where sun exposure is at a premium and many people are vitamin D3 deficient. I normally use NOW brand 5000 IU Vitamin D 3, but am out currently. Also, I take 7 drops of 5% Lugol’s (43.75 mg) daily which works well for me. Hence, my question is, if I would reduce my Lugol’s intake by about 2 drops (12.5 mg) to compensate for the additional 10 mg of Natural Iodine 10 capsules would contain, or would I have to reduce further due to the additional 4000 mg. of Sea-Iodine™. Maybe I should not do Lugol’s at all while taking the product. I’m hesitant to try it being concerned it would throw my iodine intake off. I have had problems getting my iodine levels up to this point having had to go very slowly thanks to fairly pronounced bromine detox symptoms along the way, so I don’t want to rock the boat. I can call LE to get their advice, but thought this list was probably more knowledgeable about the iodine facts. Appreciate any input on this. SonieSapere aude! It can be translated to mean: dare to be wise, have the courage to think for yourselfrather than blindly accepting the opinions of authorities. - Motto of the University of Otago, AUDare to know! - Philosopher Immanuel Kant from his essay " What is Enlightenment? "