RemedySpot.com

Re: why no detox?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

While I can appreciate the desire to eliminate as much as you can as quickly as you can, with adrenal fatigue this is not a great idea. Detoxing is hard on your adrenals. I did not have any detox symptoms until I hit 100 mgs. I was fighting cancer and wanted to get to the end quickly. But I also had to realize that healing takes time. I pushed my dosage up (while supporting all my systems) until I felt a detox and then backed off. I did a 28 day liver cleanse to help give my liver a fighting chance before I "pushed the envelope".

Hope that helps!

Buist, ND HC

why no detox?

i have been doing 50 mg of iodine for 3 days now and been keeping up with my additional supplements, though i have only had a small headache, should i have any more detox symptoms? and how do i speed up my detox?- i need to get rid of these toxins in my body because my thyroid is wacked out and my adrenals are too. so are my hormones because i have never had a period! any suggestions other than iodine supplementing, and will iodine help things even a little?

You don’t have to have detox symptoms to show you are detoxing. You want your body to clear out the toxins, you could be doing that without symptoms. Symptoms mean the junk has been released but are not clearing out of your body quickly, therefore causing problems. If your body’s detox pathways are working well, the junk gets out quickly with no symptoms. Think of your household garbage. You know and accumulate garbage every day. As long as you take it out of the house regularly, there is no problem. But if you leave it in your house day after day, it gets smelly, buggy, etc. Then it is a problem!If you are detoxing without symptoms, congratulations! Your pathways just might be working quite well. Or your body may not be throwing out junk yet. 3 days is pretty short time period. You might feel more as time goes by, or some people have times of feeling the detox, then not. Your body is constantly adjusting. Just know that the iodine is helping your body, even if you don’t feel changes yet. You are working on healing and balancing, so change might take awhile. Donna in IL, moderatori have been doing 50 mg of iodine for 3 days now and been keeping up with my additional supplements, though i have only had a small headache, should i have any more detox symptoms? and how do i speed up my detox?- i need to get rid of these toxins in my body because my thyroid is wacked out and my adrenals are too. so are my hormones because i have never had a period! any suggestions other than iodine supplementing, and will iodine help things even a little?

I highly recommend Dr Brownstein's books, which you can order through . I am trying to work out a nutritional approach for MY adrenals - without the books I would not have a clue where to start.

why no detox?

i have been doing 50 mg of iodine for 3 days now and been keeping up with my additional supplements, though i have only had a small headache, should i have any more detox symptoms? and how do i speed up my detox?- i need to get rid of these toxins in my body because my thyroid is wacked out and my adrenals are too. so are my hormones because i have never had a period! any suggestions other than iodine supplementing, and will iodine help things even a little?