RemedySpot.com

Re: Sharing pre and post iodine experiences

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sharing pre and post iodine experiences

>...I felt weak and semi-paralyzed...like a 28 yr old trapped in a 60 yr old's

body..

LOL - as a person who is almost 60, I can assure you that there is no reason for

any 60 yr old to feel " weak and paralyzed " ....

I realize that now! And I was just telling someone today that they shouldn't accept a slower metabolism just because they r older! They r going to try the protocol! So happy I could help! Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®From: <guyiii@...>Sender: iodine Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:47:01 -0800<iodine >; <iodine >Reply iodine Subject: Re: Sharing pre and post iodine experiences Sharing pre and post iodine experiences>...I felt weak and semi-paralyzed...like a 28 yr old trapped in a 60 yr old's body..LOL - as a person who is almost 60, I can assure you that there is no reason for any 60 yr old to feel " weak and paralyzed " ....

I chose not to have children, and I'm no longer young, but I have fibromyalgia

and

Hashi's. If you don't get as far as you'd like in recovery through iodine

alone, you

might investigate low-dose naltrexone (LDN). I'm a natural health devotee and I

take

LDN, it's that free of side effects and a tiny dose, and works with the body's

natural

healing abilities.

I don't mention this often but in your case with the pain levels etc, I'm

bringing it up.

However, I think it's smart to start with iodine and see how far it takes you

before

trying anything else. Because iodine deficiency is a huge causative factor in

these

diseases to start with.

Jaye's post is marvelous and so true.

wishing you well,

--

On 23 Jan 2012 at 16:03, jprocure@... wrote:

> Hi

>

> I am a not-so-young mum who can totally relate!

>

> I've been on iodine, and then thyroid meds, for about a year and

> although I don't think I'm 'fixed' I am certainly doing much better.

>

> I too have fibro (although I think that could be either closely

> related to, or the same thing as, hypothyroidism) and have had for

> years and years, although I was dx'd only 5 years ago. I have since

> had both my hips replaced (I was only 45!) which was due to

> osteoarthritis (which can apparently be thyroid related)

>

> I had 5 kids and my youngest has either an intellectual disability or

> fairly severe learning disabilities (we have a battle of the experts

> going on at this time) which I suspect are related to my

> hypothyroidism. He has responded well to iodine!

>

> All but one of my kids (three of whom are now adults) presents fairly

> strongly as hypothyroid.

>

> I too look around at my life as I am seeing it through clearer eyes

> and see how much has been lost by the 'stupor' of the past years.

>

> Whaddya do? Pick up, dust off, and carry on. There will be habits to

> undo and fences to mend. Kids will adapt to revised parenting!

>

> We need to be super-educated and on the ball as far as doctors are

> concerned.

>

> That's about all there is to it!

>

> Jaye

>

> > >

> I would love to find someone who has been where I was/am in health

> that can relate to me and guide me thru the protocol as it helped

> them. I hope that this is not out of place or too long and if so, I

> apologize. I'm new and very excited about how things are going so

> far. Please read below for my story: > > I'm 28, married and have 3

> kids...first ever fibromyalgia symptom (according to doctors) was mild

> nagging upper back pain. It started a few months after my first child

> in 2003...progressed into deep throbbing pain withing 3 yrs and after

> my 2nd child, I had my 1st spasm...spasms have gotten so bad and so

> frequent that I fear them. The longest one lasted 14 hours and put me

> in the ER... and when it was over, I threw up everywhere, slept for a

> week and lost 10 pounds. My most recent spasm was about 6 months ago.

> They tend to last about 2-3 hours but can last longer...and sometimes

> I go months without them and then there are months I have them every

> week...one 3 day weekend I had two everyday. I absolutely would

> rather die than have a spasm. When I say spasms, think of having the

> wind knocked out of you while being crushed by a truck and someone

> twisting a knife in and out of your shoulder blade...for hours,

> nons-top while you cry out to God to take your life because He refuses

> to help you. It was that bad. > > I have seen tons of docs...the 1st

> told me I had mild scoliosis and put me in phys therapy which was a

> joke because I worked out like a crazy woman...I stretched, I ran, I

> lifted, I cycled, I danced! Physical therapy made me want to pull my

> hair out, it was so boring. Then a few yrs later, the spasms start

> getting so bad, I start getting depressed, go to doc...who gives me

> tramadol and flexeril...which I read shouldn't be taken

> together...lovely! This doc at least sends me to a nuerologist at a

> medical college (I drive over an hour to get there). Then he does

> everything every other doc has done and tells me nothing is

> wrong...tells me to come back in September for an EMG. EMG is normal.

> I have had x-rays (scoliosis showed), MRI (bulging discs in my neck),

> aldolase levels are raised slightly, body temp always slightly low,

> possible hypothyroid (numbers keep bouncing just below normal and then

> back to normal)...everything else is normal. Family doc thinks I'm a

> head case apparently because she keeps pushing psych meds that I

> refuse to take. > > I found that certain foods (mainly sugar and

> simple carbs) irritated my back more...also, lack of exercise makes me

> ache...if not taking tramadol, I felt weak and semi-paralyzed...like a

> 28 yr old trapped in a 60 yr old's body..this was pre-tramadol as

> well...the tram gave me energy and motivated me to do things that

> otherwise, I would not...because I'd rather have slept all day

> long...I felt nauseous and sick most of the time, especially after

> eating. I never had the energy to play with my children. My fatigue

> was so severe, I fell asleep while driving. As soon as I got up in

> the morning, putting on clothes was a chore. Even though I had love

> in my life and children and a wonderful husband, I don't understand

> how I lived so many years feeling so miserably and NO ONE HELPED ME!

> Doctors are so careless! I recently gained 20 pounds in 6 months

> doing nothing different. My skin was getting bad. Dry but breaking

> out. I asked several times for help because I felt so tired, sick..at

> one point, I couldn't breathe and still have shortness of breath. I

> just can't get a deep, even breath. Guess what my lovely doc says?

> " Double ur anxiety meds. " HA! Little did she know, I wasn't even

> taking them to begin with! I'm anxious because I hurt, am tired,

> cannot breathe and I secretly wish to be dead rather than to live like

> this forever. Symptoms got worse and worse over the years. > > This

> was only two weeks ago. Since starting iodine, I feel like I have

> gotten my life back. I feel ashamed to have lived in a stupor like a

> zombie for so long, just trying to get by each day. Even in the midst

> of detox symptoms, I have done more in two weeks than I have in the

> last year! I feel awesome! I LOVE life! I am losing inches, not

> weight yet but who cares!? I have apologized profusely to my husband

> for being so sick and lazy and thanked him for loving me so much. He

> basically took care of me and three kids for the last 3 years as I had

> been progressively getting worse. Even though I am so happy now, I

> want to cry for my old self and the years wasted. I want to help

> those around me. I see obese women and tired men and feel so bad for

> them. I want to help! I'm awake and alive! I'm even smarter. > >

> Are there any other young moms out there who can relate to my story?

> How successful have u been in healing and at what point do u feel u

> are healed and are just maintaining? >

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Owner: Buist, ND HC

> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn

>

> All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

> IodineOT/

>

>

> The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)

> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2

> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

Jaye, thanks so much for sharing! I can appreciate any advice from young, old, older...men and women and mother or not.  :)

I just figure I could relate to someone with a story more similar to mine but that isn't always the case.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 11:03 AM, <jprocure@...> wrote:

Hi I am a not-so-young mum who can totally relate!I've been on iodine, and then thyroid meds, for about a year and although I don't think I'm 'fixed' I am certainly doing much better.

I too have fibro (although I think that could be either closely related to, or the same thing as, hypothyroidism) and have had for years and years, although I was dx'd only 5 years ago. I have since had both my hips replaced (I was only 45!) which was due to osteoarthritis (which can apparently be thyroid related)

I had 5 kids and my youngest has either an intellectual disability or fairly severe learning disabilities (we have a battle of the experts going on at this time) which I suspect are related to my hypothyroidism. He has responded well to iodine!

All but one of my kids (three of whom are now adults) presents fairly strongly as hypothyroid.I too look around at my life as I am seeing it through clearer eyes and see how much has been lost by the 'stupor' of the past years.

Whaddya do? Pick up, dust off, and carry on. There will be habits to undo and fences to mend. Kids will adapt to revised parenting!We need to be super-educated and on the ball as far as doctors are concerned.

That's about all there is to it!Jaye

>> I would love to find someone who has been where I was/am in health that can relate to me and guide me thru the protocol as it helped them. I hope that this is not out of place or too long and if so, I apologize. I'm new and very excited about how things are going so far. Please read below for my story:

> > I'm 28, married and have 3 kids...first ever fibromyalgia symptom (according to doctors) was mild nagging upper back pain. It started a few months after my first child in 2003...progressed into deep throbbing pain withing 3 yrs and after my 2nd child, I had my 1st spasm...spasms have gotten so bad and so frequent that I fear them. The longest one lasted 14 hours and put me in the ER... and when it was over, I threw up everywhere, slept for a week and lost 10 pounds. My most recent spasm was about 6 months ago. They tend to last about 2-3 hours but can last longer...and sometimes I go months without them and then there are months I have them every week...one 3 day weekend I had two everyday. I absolutely would rather die than have a spasm. When I say spasms, think of having the wind knocked out of you while being crushed by a truck and someone twisting a knife in and out of your shoulder blade...for hours, nons-top while you cry out to God to take your life because He refuses to help you. It was that bad.

> > I have seen tons of docs...the 1st told me I had mild scoliosis and put me in phys therapy which was a joke because I worked out like a crazy woman...I stretched, I ran, I lifted, I cycled, I danced! Physical therapy made me want to pull my hair out, it was so boring. Then a few yrs later, the spasms start getting so bad, I start getting depressed, go to doc...who gives me tramadol and flexeril...which I read shouldn't be taken together...lovely! This doc at least sends me to a nuerologist at a medical college (I drive over an hour to get there). Then he does everything every other doc has done and tells me nothing is wrong...tells me to come back in September for an EMG. EMG is normal. I have had x-rays (scoliosis showed), MRI (bulging discs in my neck), aldolase levels are raised slightly, body temp always slightly low, possible hypothyroid (numbers keep bouncing just below normal and then back to normal)...everything else is normal. Family doc thinks I'm a head case apparently because she keeps pushing psych meds that I refuse to take.

> > I found that certain foods (mainly sugar and simple carbs) irritated my back more...also, lack of exercise makes me ache...if not taking tramadol, I felt weak and semi-paralyzed...like a 28 yr old trapped in a 60 yr old's body..this was pre-tramadol as well...the tram gave me energy and motivated me to do things that otherwise, I would not...because I'd rather have slept all day long...I felt nauseous and sick most of the time, especially after eating. I never had the energy to play with my children. My fatigue was so severe, I fell asleep while driving. As soon as I got up in the morning, putting on clothes was a chore. Even though I had love in my life and children and a wonderful husband, I don't understand how I lived so many years feeling so miserably and NO ONE HELPED ME! Doctors are so careless! I recently gained 20 pounds in 6 months doing nothing different. My skin was getting bad. Dry but breaking out. I asked several times for help because I felt so tired, sick..at one point, I couldn't breathe and still have shortness of breath. I just can't get a deep, even breath. Guess what my lovely doc says? " Double ur anxiety meds. " HA! Little did she know, I wasn't even taking them to begin with! I'm anxious because I hurt, am tired, cannot breathe and I secretly wish to be dead rather than to live like this forever. Symptoms got worse and worse over the years.

> > This was only two weeks ago. Since starting iodine, I feel like I have gotten my life back. I feel ashamed to have lived in a stupor like a zombie for so long, just trying to get by each day. Even in the midst of detox symptoms, I have done more in two weeks than I have in the last year! I feel awesome! I LOVE life! I am losing inches, not weight yet but who cares!? I have apologized profusely to my husband for being so sick and lazy and thanked him for loving me so much. He basically took care of me and three kids for the last 3 years as I had been progressively getting worse. Even though I am so happy now, I want to cry for my old self and the years wasted. I want to help those around me. I see obese women and tired men and feel so bad for them. I want to help! I'm awake and alive! I'm even smarter.

> > Are there any other young moms out there who can relate to my story? How successful have u been in healing and at what point do u feel u are healed and are just maintaining?>

Thanks to u as well for sharing.  I am finding more and more similarities between fibro and thyroid.

Just as a side note, I always believe in trusting a kid's sixth sense about stuff.. They have a pretty discerning spirit and I steer clear of certain things and even people after watching how they respond to them.  After a day of iodine, they were coming up to me asking for more.  They have no agenda to push and don't usually prefer medicine so i was shocked when they asked for iodine.  They came up to me with their little wrists and said " mommy, i need more! " AMAZING! that in itself is incentive to keep it up.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Baker <vbaker@...> wrote:

,I chose not to have children, and I'm no longer young, but I have fibromyalgia and Hashi's. If you don't get as far as you'd like in recovery through iodine alone, you might investigate low-dose naltrexone (LDN). I'm a natural health devotee and I take

LDN, it's that free of side effects and a tiny dose, and works with the body's natural healing abilities.I don't mention this often but in your case with the pain levels etc, I'm bringing it up.

However, I think it's smart to start with iodine and see how far it takes you before trying anything else. Because iodine deficiency is a huge causative factor in these diseases to start with.Jaye's post is marvelous and so true.

wishing you well,--moderator

On 23 Jan 2012 at 16:03, jprocure@... wrote:> Hi > > I am a not-so-young mum who can totally relate!

> > I've been on iodine, and then thyroid meds, for about a year and> although I don't think I'm 'fixed' I am certainly doing much better.> > I too have fibro (although I think that could be either closely

> related to, or the same thing as, hypothyroidism) and have had for> years and years, although I was dx'd only 5 years ago. I have since> had both my hips replaced (I was only 45!) which was due to

> osteoarthritis (which can apparently be thyroid related)> > I had 5 kids and my youngest has either an intellectual disability or> fairly severe learning disabilities (we have a battle of the experts

> going on at this time) which I suspect are related to my> hypothyroidism. He has responded well to iodine!> > All but one of my kids (three of whom are now adults) presents fairly> strongly as hypothyroid.

> > I too look around at my life as I am seeing it through clearer eyes> and see how much has been lost by the 'stupor' of the past years.> > Whaddya do? Pick up, dust off, and carry on. There will be habits to

> undo and fences to mend. Kids will adapt to revised parenting!> > We need to be super-educated and on the ball as far as doctors are> concerned.> > That's about all there is to it!

> > Jaye> > > >> I would love to find someone who has been where I was/am in health

> that can relate to me and guide me thru the protocol as it helped> them. I hope that this is not out of place or too long and if so, I> apologize. I'm new and very excited about how things are going so

> far. Please read below for my story: > > I'm 28, married and have 3> kids...first ever fibromyalgia symptom (according to doctors) was mild> nagging upper back pain. It started a few months after my first child

> in 2003...progressed into deep throbbing pain withing 3 yrs and after> my 2nd child, I had my 1st spasm...spasms have gotten so bad and so> frequent that I fear them. The longest one lasted 14 hours and put me

> in the ER... and when it was over, I threw up everywhere, slept for a> week and lost 10 pounds. My most recent spasm was about 6 months ago.> They tend to last about 2-3 hours but can last longer...and sometimes

> I go months without them and then there are months I have them every> week...one 3 day weekend I had two everyday. I absolutely would> rather die than have a spasm. When I say spasms, think of having the

> wind knocked out of you while being crushed by a truck and someone> twisting a knife in and out of your shoulder blade...for hours,> nons-top while you cry out to God to take your life because He refuses

> to help you. It was that bad. > > I have seen tons of docs...the 1st> told me I had mild scoliosis and put me in phys therapy which was a> joke because I worked out like a crazy woman...I stretched, I ran, I

> lifted, I cycled, I danced! Physical therapy made me want to pull my> hair out, it was so boring. Then a few yrs later, the spasms start> getting so bad, I start getting depressed, go to doc...who gives me

> tramadol and flexeril...which I read shouldn't be taken> together...lovely! This doc at least sends me to a nuerologist at a> medical college (I drive over an hour to get there). Then he does> everything every other doc has done and tells me nothing is

> wrong...tells me to come back in September for an EMG. EMG is normal.> I have had x-rays (scoliosis showed), MRI (bulging discs in my neck),> aldolase levels are raised slightly, body temp always slightly low,

> possible hypothyroid (numbers keep bouncing just below normal and then> back to normal)...everything else is normal. Family doc thinks I'm a> head case apparently because she keeps pushing psych meds that I

> refuse to take. > > I found that certain foods (mainly sugar and> simple carbs) irritated my back more...also, lack of exercise makes me> ache...if not taking tramadol, I felt weak and semi-paralyzed...like a

> 28 yr old trapped in a 60 yr old's body..this was pre-tramadol as> well...the tram gave me energy and motivated me to do things that> otherwise, I would not...because I'd rather have slept all day

> long...I felt nauseous and sick most of the time, especially after> eating. I never had the energy to play with my children. My fatigue> was so severe, I fell asleep while driving. As soon as I got up in

> the morning, putting on clothes was a chore. Even though I had love> in my life and children and a wonderful husband, I don't understand> how I lived so many years feeling so miserably and NO ONE HELPED ME!

> Doctors are so careless! I recently gained 20 pounds in 6 months> doing nothing different. My skin was getting bad. Dry but breaking> out. I asked several times for help because I felt so tired, sick..at

> one point, I couldn't breathe and still have shortness of breath. I> just can't get a deep, even breath. Guess what my lovely doc says? > " Double ur anxiety meds. " HA! Little did she know, I wasn't even

> taking them to begin with! I'm anxious because I hurt, am tired,> cannot breathe and I secretly wish to be dead rather than to live like> this forever. Symptoms got worse and worse over the years. > > This

> was only two weeks ago. Since starting iodine, I feel like I have> gotten my life back. I feel ashamed to have lived in a stupor like a> zombie for so long, just trying to get by each day. Even in the midst

> of detox symptoms, I have done more in two weeks than I have in the> last year! I feel awesome! I LOVE life! I am losing inches, not> weight yet but who cares!? I have apologized profusely to my husband

> for being so sick and lazy and thanked him for loving me so much. He> basically took care of me and three kids for the last 3 years as I had> been progressively getting worse. Even though I am so happy now, I

> want to cry for my old self and the years wasted. I want to help> those around me. I see obese women and tired men and feel so bad for> them. I want to help! I'm awake and alive! I'm even smarter. > >

> Are there any other young moms out there who can relate to my story? > How successful have u been in healing and at what point do u feel u> are healed and are just maintaining? >> >

> > > ------------------------------------ > > Owner: Buist, ND HC> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group > IodineOT/

> > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2

> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

Yes, it's good to trust that kind of response from the children. YAY!

--

On 25 Jan 2012 at 12:28, Hermoso-Post wrote:

>

>

>

> ,

> Thanks to u as well for sharing.I am finding more and more

> similarities between fibro and thyroid.

>

> Just as a side note, I always believe in trusting a kid's sixth sense

> about stuff.. They have a pretty discerning spirit and I steer clear

> of certain things and even people after watching how they respond to

> them. After a day of iodine, they were coming up to me asking for

> more. They have no agenda to push and don't usuallyprefer medicine so

> i was shocked when they asked for iodine. They came up to me with

> their little wrists and said " mommy, i need more! " AMAZING! that in

> itself is incentive to keep it up.

>

> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Baker <vbaker@...>

> wrote:

>

> ,

>

> I chose not to have children, and I'm no longer young, but I have

> fibromyalgia and Hashi's. If you don't get as far as you'd like in

> recovery through iodine alone, you might investigate low-dose

> naltrexone (LDN). I'm a natural health devotee and I take LDN, it's

> that free of side effects and a tiny dose, and works with the body's

> natural healing abilities.

>

> I don't mention this often but in your case with the pain levels etc,

> I'm bringing it up. However, I think it's smart to start with iodine

> and see how far it takes you before trying anything else. Because

> iodine deficiency is a huge causative factor in these diseases to

> start with.

>

> Jaye's post is marvelous and so true.

>

> wishing you well,

> --

> moderator

>

>

> On 23 Jan 2012 at 16:03, jprocure@... wrote:

>

> > Hi

> >

> > I am a not-so-young mum who can totally relate!

> >

> > I've been on iodine, and then thyroid meds, for about a year and

> > although I don't think I'm 'fixed' I am certainly doing much better.

> >

> > I too have fibro (although I think that could be either closely

> > related to, or the same thing as, hypothyroidism) and have had for

> > years and years, although I was dx'd only 5 years ago. I have since

> > had both my hips replaced (I was only 45!) which was due to

> > osteoarthritis (which can apparently be thyroid related)

> >

> > I had 5 kids and my youngest has either an intellectual disability

> > or fairly severe learning disabilities (we have a battle of the

> > experts going on at this time) which I suspect are related to my

> > hypothyroidism. He has responded well to iodine!

> >

> > All but one of my kids (three of whom are now adults) presents

> > fairly strongly as hypothyroid.

> >

> > I too look around at my life as I am seeing it through clearer eyes

> > and see how much has been lost by the 'stupor' of the past years.

> >

> > Whaddya do? Pick up, dust off, and carry on. There will be habits to

> > undo and fences to mend. Kids will adapt to revised parenting!

> >

> > We need to be super-educated and on the ball as far as doctors are

> > concerned.

> >

> > That's about all there is to it!

> >

> > Jaye

> >

> > >

> > > I would love to find someone who has been where I was/am in health

> > that can relate to me and guide me thru the protocol as it helped

> > them. I hope that this is not out of place or too long and if so, I

> > apologize. I'm new and very excited about how things are going so

> > far. Please read below for my story: > > I'm 28, married and have 3

> > kids...first ever fibromyalgia symptom (according to doctors) was

> > mild nagging upper back pain. It started a few months after my first

> > child in 2003...progressed into deep throbbing pain withing 3 yrs

> > and after my 2nd child, I had my 1st spasm...spasms have gotten so

> > bad and so frequent that I fear them. The longest one lasted 14

> > hours and put me in the ER... and when it was over, I threw up

> > everywhere, slept for a week and lost 10 pounds. My most recent

> > spasm was about 6 months ago. They tend to last about 2-3 hours but

> > can last longer...and sometimes I go months without them and then

> > there are months I have them every week...one 3 day weekend I had

> > two everyday. I absolutely would rather die than have a spasm. When

> > I say spasms, think of having the wind knocked out of you while

> > being crushed by a truck and someone twisting a knife in and out of

> > your shoulder blade...for hours, nons-top while you cry out to God

> > to take your life because He refuses to help you. It was that bad. >

> > > I have seen tons of docs...the 1st told me I had mild scoliosis

> > and put me in phys therapy which was a joke because I worked out

> > like a crazy woman...I stretched, I ran, I lifted, I cycled, I

> > danced! Physical therapy made me want to pull my hair out, it was so

> > boring. Then a few yrs later, the spasms start getting so bad, I

> > start getting depressed, go to doc...who gives me tramadol and

> > flexeril...which I read shouldn't be taken together...lovely! This

> > doc at least sends me to a nuerologist at a medical college (I drive

> > over an hour to get there). Then he does everything every other doc

> > has done and tells me nothing is wrong...tells me to come back in

> > September for an EMG. EMG is normal. I have had x-rays (scoliosis

> > showed), MRI (bulging discs in my neck), aldolase levels are raised

> > slightly, body temp always slightly low, possible hypothyroid

> > (numbers keep bouncing just below normal and then back to

> > normal)...everything else is normal. Family doc thinks I'm a head

> > case apparently because she keeps pushing psych meds that I refuse

> > to take. > > I found that certain foods (mainly sugar and simple

> > carbs) irritated my back more...also, lack of exercise makes me

> > ache...if not taking tramadol, I felt weak and semi-paralyzed...like

> > a 28 yr old trapped in a 60 yr old's body..this was pre-tramadol as

> > well...the tram gave me energy and motivated me to do things that

> > otherwise, I would not...because I'd rather have slept all day

> > long...I felt nauseous and sick most of the time, especially after

> > eating. I never had the energy to play with my children. My fatigue

> > was so severe, I fell asleep while driving. As soon as I got up in

> > the morning, putting on clothes was a chore. Even though I had love

> > in my life and children and a wonderful husband, I don't understand

> > how I lived so many years feeling so miserably and NO ONE HELPED ME!

> > Doctors are so careless! I recently gained 20 pounds in 6 months

> > doing nothing different. My skin was getting bad. Dry but breaking

> > out. I asked several times for help because I felt so tired,

> > sick..at one point, I couldn't breathe and still have shortness of

> > breath. I just can't get a deep, even breath. Guess what my lovely

> > doc says? " Double ur anxiety meds. " HA! Little did she know, I

> > wasn't even taking them to begin with! I'm anxious because I hurt,

> > am tired, cannot breathe and I secretly wish to be dead rather than

> > to live like this forever. Symptoms got worse and worse over the

> > years. > > This was only two weeks ago. Since starting iodine, I

> > feel like I have gotten my life back. I feel ashamed to have lived

> > in a stupor like a zombie for so long, just trying to get by each

> > day. Even in the midst of detox symptoms, I have done more in two

> > weeks than I have in the last year! I feel awesome! I LOVE life! I

> > am losing inches, not weight yet but who cares!? I have apologized

> > profusely to my husband for being so sick and lazy and thanked him

> > for loving me so much. He basically took care of me and three kids

> > for the last 3 years as I had been progressively getting worse. Even

> > though I am so happy now, I want to cry for my old self and the

> > years wasted. I want to help those around me. I see obese women and

> > tired men and feel so bad for them. I want to help! I'm awake and

> > alive! I'm even smarter. > > Are there any other young moms out

> > there who can relate to my story? How successful have u been in

> > healing and at what point do u feel u are healed and are just

> > maintaining? >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> > ------------------------------------

>

> >

> > Owner: Buist, ND HC

> > Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn

> >

> > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

> > IodineOT/

> >

> >

> > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)

> > iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS

> > %2 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

These groups (particularly THIS group) have been a God-send for me. It's been

just over a year since I got a kick in the pants (so to speak) which spurred me

on to realize that that course I was following was not helping me.

With the guidance of a friend (who is not on any of these groups!) I started

down the various rabbit-trails which have led me to the iodine protocol and

thyroid treatment.

This has given me back the brain-power to start effectively dealing with my

husband's and son's challenges. Dh is still a challenge, but he's a big boy and

I can't do it all for him, right? LOL.

Now that I'm working again, I don't have the time to haunt the boards and the

'net like I once did, but we are in a fairly stable situation right now, so I

suppose I don't have that strong a need anymore.

Thing is, what we share with each other here can really help us to jump queues

when it comes to getting the help we each need. I think I'd be totally fogged

in yet, if I'd not had the help of all you strangers!

Jaye

> > >

> > > I would love to find someone who has been where I was/am in health that

> > can relate to me and guide me thru the protocol as it helped them. I hope

> > that this is not out of place or too long and if so, I apologize. I'm new

> > and very excited about how things are going so far. Please read below for

> > my story:

> > >

> > > I'm 28, married and have 3 kids...first ever fibromyalgia symptom

> > (according to doctors) was mild nagging upper back pain. It started a few

> > months after my first child in 2003...progressed into deep throbbing pain

> > withing 3 yrs and after my 2nd child, I had my 1st spasm...spasms have

> > gotten so bad and so frequent that I fear them. The longest one lasted 14

> > hours and put me in the ER... and when it was over, I threw up everywhere,

> > slept for a week and lost 10 pounds. My most recent spasm was about 6

> > months ago. They tend to last about 2-3 hours but can last longer...and

> > sometimes I go months without them and then there are months I have them

> > every week...one 3 day weekend I had two everyday. I absolutely would

> > rather die than have a spasm. When I say spasms, think of having the wind

> > knocked out of you while being crushed by a truck and someone twisting a

> > knife in and out of your shoulder blade...for hours, nons-top while you cry

> > out to God to take your life because He refuses to help you. It was that

> > bad.

> > >

> > > I have seen tons of docs...the 1st told me I had mild scoliosis and put

> > me in phys therapy which was a joke because I worked out like a crazy

> > woman...I stretched, I ran, I lifted, I cycled, I danced! Physical therapy

> > made me want to pull my hair out, it was so boring. Then a few yrs later,

> > the spasms start getting so bad, I start getting depressed, go to doc...who

> > gives me tramadol and flexeril...which I read shouldn't be taken

> > together...lovely! This doc at least sends me to a nuerologist at a medical

> > college (I drive over an hour to get there). Then he does everything every

> > other doc has done and tells me nothing is wrong...tells me to come back in

> > September for an EMG. EMG is normal. I have had x-rays (scoliosis showed),

> > MRI (bulging discs in my neck), aldolase levels are raised slightly, body

> > temp always slightly low, possible hypothyroid (numbers keep bouncing just

> > below normal and then back to normal)...everything else is normal. Family

> > doc thinks I'm a head case apparently because she keeps pushing psych meds

> > that I refuse to take.

> > >

> > > I found that certain foods (mainly sugar and simple carbs) irritated my

> > back more...also, lack of exercise makes me ache...if not taking tramadol,

> > I felt weak and semi-paralyzed...like a 28 yr old trapped in a 60 yr old's

> > body..this was pre-tramadol as well...the tram gave me energy and motivated

> > me to do things that otherwise, I would not...because I'd rather have slept

> > all day long...I felt nauseous and sick most of the time, especially after

> > eating. I never had the energy to play with my children. My fatigue was so

> > severe, I fell asleep while driving. As soon as I got up in the morning,

> > putting on clothes was a chore. Even though I had love in my life and

> > children and a wonderful husband, I don't understand how I lived so many

> > years feeling so miserably and NO ONE HELPED ME! Doctors are so careless! I

> > recently gained 20 pounds in 6 months doing nothing different. My skin was

> > getting bad. Dry but breaking out. I asked several times for help because I

> > felt so tired, sick..at one point, I couldn't breathe and still have

> > shortness of breath. I just can't get a deep, even breath. Guess what my

> > lovely doc says? " Double ur anxiety meds. " HA! Little did she know, I

> > wasn't even taking them to begin with! I'm anxious because I hurt, am

> > tired, cannot breathe and I secretly wish to be dead rather than to live

> > like this forever. Symptoms got worse and worse over the years.

> > >

> > > This was only two weeks ago. Since starting iodine, I feel like I have

> > gotten my life back. I feel ashamed to have lived in a stupor like a zombie

> > for so long, just trying to get by each day. Even in the midst of detox

> > symptoms, I have done more in two weeks than I have in the last year! I

> > feel awesome! I LOVE life! I am losing inches, not weight yet but who

> > cares!? I have apologized profusely to my husband for being so sick and

> > lazy and thanked him for loving me so much. He basically took care of me

> > and three kids for the last 3 years as I had been progressively getting

> > worse. Even though I am so happy now, I want to cry for my old self and the

> > years wasted. I want to help those around me. I see obese women and tired

> > men and feel so bad for them. I want to help! I'm awake and alive! I'm even