RemedySpot.com

Re: Stable adrenals before starting iodoral?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When I first started taking Iodoral I had burning eyes. And I do get the headaches. But now I figured out how to avoid the headaches. I DO NOT get headaches when I take Iodoral with 1000 mg Vitamin C.

Kathy

From: health43mj <mjsieber@...>Subject: Re: Stable adrenals before starting iodoral?iodine Date: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 8:55 PM

Just wanted to update. I actually got stable temps for the first time while taking iodine! Well, they are stable if you allow for a .1 additional increase after ovulation.98.398.398.498.3 98.6 (increase in progesterone after ovulation) 98.5So today I increased my nature throid by 16 mg (just a small amount) and increased my iodoral to 6 mg. Ive had a headache, stiff neck, and tired burning eyes for about 3-4 days now but I don't really think it is from the iodine. I even did a coffee enema on Thursday and felt worse afterwards so it is most likely not detox. Usually I feel better a day or 2 after I ovulate so I'm about to take some sea salt just in case it is the iodine. Maybe I will do another coffee enema tomorrow. My last thyroid labs showed I was still very hypo but my temps are very close to 98.6. Does the iodine increase temps? MJ > > > I'm still > > > > working on> > getting my adrenals > > > > stable and improving iron > > > > > >> > levels in order to get up to my optimal > > > > dose of NTH. > >> > (getting > > help > > from the adrenals group) I'm taking > > > > all> > > > the companion > > nutrients. Do I > > need to wait until my> > adrenals > > > > > > and thyroid > > are optimal before starting > >> > iodine? I've > > been eating > > > > 100% > > gluten free for a year> > now and was 90% > > > > gluten free four years > > > > > > before> > that. I

do not have any > > amalgams in my > > mouth anymore > > and >> > > > > completed mercury > > chelation therapy years ago. I > > also >> > > have a > > > > water > > filter that gets rid of flouride. Oh, I've> > also > > > > been > > > > > > taking a scoop of UltraClear every day> > for about 5 days > > now. I > > > > > > > > have and read "Iodine why> > we need it and why we > > can't live > > without > > > > > > it" and> > read through the iodine > > protocol > > several times. The > > > >> > detoxing > > could be stressful on > > my > > adrenals, but on the> > other hand, > > > > the iodine > > could help > > > > with my thyroid> > which

in turn could help the > > > > adrenals. It > > > > > > is all> > such a cycle and catch 22 in many ways! Very > > > > hard > > to > >> > determin > > the sequence to do this! > > > > Thanks > > MJ > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Owner: Buist, ND HC > > Moderators: > >> > Baker, > > > > > > Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn >> > > > > > > All off topic > > posts > > > > should go to the IodineOT> > group > > > > > > > > > > > >> > IodineOT/<http://health.groups.ya> > > > > > hoo.com/g > > > >> > roup/IodineOT/><IodineOT/<http://> > > > > > health.gr oups./group/IodineOT/>> > > > > > > The NEW> > > > > > > > > > MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list) > > > > > > > > > >> > iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2> > > > > > > > > > > > 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

When I first took Iodoral, I gained a lot of weight (months ago). I quit taking the Iodoral and decided that maybe I need to address the liver. I took milk thistle . Ashwagandha caused me digestive troubles so I stopped taking that. I lost my weight. I am now back on Iodoral and have not gained any weight. So it seems important to cleanse the liver and then take Iodoral....

Kathy

From: dragongoddess24 <dragongoddess24@...>Subject: Re: Stable adrenals before starting iodoral?iodine Date: Monday, February 6, 2012, 2:55 AM

Hi,I have read through a few of the replies to this topic and wanted to add this in case it hasn't been mentioned. I have been supplementing with iodine for 2 weeks. The 1st 3 days, I started with 25mg. I felt nothing so for the next 3 days, I increased to 50mg's. (I should mention that I did not do the salt protocol because I did not know about it until I became a member here.) At 50 mg, I still didn't feel anything-good or bad but I did break out on my face a little. Days 7-9 I increased Lugols to 75mg...nothing. I am currently talking 125mg broken down to 2 doses (after breakfast and 3 hours later with a snack). I take all the companion supplements-since day 1. I noticed a little bit more energy and can go through the day without a nap as long as I get my 8 hours a night. I asked my herbalist why I haven't experienced any real detox symptoms and she asked me if I was still taking the Ashwagandha she recommended to me. I told her yes, for

3 months now, and she said that's why. She recommended it for me because I was very stressed and was gaining weight rapidly. (stopped gaining weight 3 weeks after supplementing) She says it also supports adrenals, thyroid, and has many other benefits. So when I got home, I did a search and found this site: http://www.ashwagandha-benefits.com/It did mention that people with auto-immune diseases should not take this without doctors consent and also pregnant women so please read warnings. I was fully prepared to experience detox symptoms and was expecting them to be pretty bad since I am also aggressively treating a candida overgrowth. The most I have experienced was mild nasal stuffiness the first 2 days and a mild breakout on my face. I thought for sure my adrenals were shot due to how sick I've felt for the last 10 years. I believe the Ashwagandha saved me from most of

the 'healing crisis' I was told I would encounter.Hope this helps someone :)Marie > > > I'm still > >> > > > working on getting my adrenals > > > > stable and

improving iron > > >> > > > > levels in order to get up to my optimal > > > > dose of NTH.> > > > (getting > > help > > from the adrenals group) I'm taking > > > > all> > > > the companion > > nutrients. Do I > > need to wait until my adrenals >> > > > > > > and thyroid > > are optimal before starting > > iodine? I've> > > > been eating > > > > 100% > > gluten free for a year now and was 90% >> > > > > gluten free four years > > > > > > before that. I do not have any> > > > amalgams in my > > mouth anymore > > and > > > > completed mercury> > > > chelation therapy years ago. I > > also > > have a > > > > water> > > > filter that gets rid of

flouride. Oh, I've also > > > > been > > > >> > > > taking a scoop of UltraClear every day for about 5 days > > now. I > >> > > > > > > > have and read "Iodine why we need it and why we > > can't live> > > > without > > > > > > it" and read through the iodine > > protocol> > > > several times. The > > > > detoxing > > could be stressful on > > my> > > > adrenals, but on the other hand, > > > > the iodine > > could help > >> > > > with my thyroid which in turn could help the > > > > adrenals. It > >> > > > > > is all such a cycle and catch 22 in many ways! Very > > > > hard> > > > to > > determin > > the sequence to do this! > > > > Thanks >

> MJ > >>

Just an FYI, ashwagandhha can increase selenium levels. I take it sometimes

also and decrease my selenium dose while I'm on it.

Linn

> > > I'm still > >

> > > > > working on getting my adrenals > > > > stable and improving iron > > >

> > > > > > levels in order to get up to my optimal > > > > dose of NTH.

> > > > > (getting > > help > > from the adrenals group) I'm taking > > > > all

> > > > > the companion > > nutrients. Do I > > need to wait until my adrenals >

> > > > > > > > and thyroid > > are optimal before starting > > iodine? I've

> > > > > been eating > > > > 100% > > gluten free for a year now and was 90% >

> > > > > > gluten free four years > > > > > > before that. I do not have any

> > > > > amalgams in my > > mouth anymore > > and > > > > completed mercury

> > > > > chelation therapy years ago. I > > also > > have a > > > > water

> > > > > filter that gets rid of flouride. Oh, I've also > > > > been > > > >

> > > > > taking a scoop of UltraClear every day for about 5 days > > now. I > >

> > > > > > > > > have and read " Iodine why we need it and why we > > can't live

> > > > > without > > > > > > it " and read through the iodine > > protocol

> > > > > several times. The > > > > detoxing > > could be stressful on > > my

> > > > > adrenals, but on the other hand, > > > > the iodine > > could help > >

> > > > > with my thyroid which in turn could help the > > > > adrenals. It > >

> > > > > > > is all such a cycle and catch 22 in many ways! Very > > > > hard

> > > > > to > > determin > > the sequence to do this! > > > > Thanks > > MJ > >

> >

>

Wow that is low! Maybe it is a combo of low thyroid and low

progesterone. My temps are definitely higher in the second half of my cycle

when progesterone is increased.

MJ

>

> > Just wanted to update.

> >

> > I actually got stable temps for the first time while taking iodine!

> > Well, they are stable if you allow for a .1 additional increase after

> > ovulation. 98.3 98.3 98.4 98.3 98.6 (increase in progesterone after

> > ovulation) 98.5

> >

> > So today I increased my nature throid by 16 mg (just a small amount)

> > and increased my iodoral to 6 mg. Ive had a headache, stiff neck, and

> > tired burning eyes for about 3-4 days now but I don't really think it

> > is from the iodine. I even did a coffee enema on Thursday and felt

> > worse afterwards so it is most likely not detox. Usually I feel

> > better a day or 2 after I ovulate so I'm about to take some sea salt

> > just in case it is the iodine. Maybe I will do another coffee enema

> > tomorrow.

> >

> > My last thyroid labs showed I was still very hypo but my temps are

> > very close to 98.6. Does the iodine increase temps?

> >

> > MJ

>

Sometimes I get so angry I cannot speak!

Probably just as well this time - my GP does not differentiate between Primary and Secondary hypothermia.

If your temperature is low from overexposure, raising it is simple. Not so if it is a result of (say) a drug reaction or an underactive thyroid.

I was feeling feverish if my temperature reached 35.5C - but at that temperature the body does not burn off infections.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow that is low! Maybe it is a combo of low thyroid and low progesterone. My temps are definitely higher in the second half of my cycle when progesterone is increased. MJ> > > Just wanted to update. > > > > I actually got stable temps for the first time while taking iodine!> > Well, they are stable if you allow for a .1 additional increase after> > ovulation. 98.3 98.3 98.4 98.3 98.6 (increase in progesterone after> > ovulation) 98.5> > > > So today I increased my nature throid by 16 mg (just a small amount)> > and increased my iodoral to 6 mg. Ive had a headache, stiff neck, and> > tired burning eyes for about 3-4 days now but I don't really think it> > is from the iodine. I even did a coffee enema on Thursday and felt> > worse afterwards so it is most likely not detox. Usually I feel> > better a day or 2 after I ovulate so I'm about to take some sea salt> > just in case it is the iodine. Maybe I will do another coffee enema> > tomorrow. > > > > My last thyroid labs showed I was still very hypo but my temps are> > very close to 98.6. Does the iodine increase temps? > > > > MJ>

I found salt was good for chasing a headache!

Jaye

>

> When I first started taking Iodoral I had burning eyes.  And I do get the

headaches.  But now I figured out how to avoid the headaches.   I DO NOT get

headaches when I take Iodoral with 1000 mg Vitamin C.

>  

> Kathy

>

>

Marie, what brand of ashwagandha do you use and how much do you take? Is it

expensive. I read your post yesterday and bought some online. Thanks for

posting!

Bobbie Hussey

> > > I'm still > >

> > > > > > working on getting my adrenals > > > > stable and improving iron > >

>

> > > > > > > levels in order to get up to my optimal > > > > dose of NTH.

> > > > > > (getting > > help > > from the adrenals group) I'm taking > > > >

all

> > > > > > the companion > > nutrients. Do I > > need to wait until my adrenals

>

> > > > > > > > > and thyroid > > are optimal before starting > > iodine? I've

> > > > > > been eating > > > > 100% > > gluten free for a year now and was 90%

>

> > > > > > > gluten free four years > > > > > > before that. I do not have any

> > > > > > amalgams in my > > mouth anymore > > and > > > > completed mercury

> > > > > > chelation therapy years ago. I > > also > > have a > > > > water

> > > > > > filter that gets rid of flouride. Oh, I've also > > > > been > > > >

> > > > > > taking a scoop of UltraClear every day for about 5 days > > now. I >

>

> > > > > > > > > > have and read " Iodine why we need it and why we > > can't

live

> > > > > > without > > > > > > it " and read through the iodine > > protocol

> > > > > > several times. The > > > > detoxing > > could be stressful on > > my

> > > > > > adrenals, but on the other hand, > > > > the iodine > > could help >

>

> > > > > > with my thyroid which in turn could help the > > > > adrenals. It >

>

> > > > > > > > is all such a cycle and catch 22 in many ways! Very > > > > hard

> > > > > > to > > determin > > the sequence to do this! > > > > Thanks > > MJ >

>

> > >

> >

>

thank you for this info linn. i cannot take selenium in pill form so i take it naturally -- like in eggs and brazil nuts.

blessings to all.

annie!

....................................................................................

Just an FYI, ashwagandhha can increase selenium levels. I take it sometimes also and decrease my selenium dose while I'm on it.> > Linn> Moderator

Do you have a reference for that or is it personal experience? I tried

Googling it and can't find any info that says that.

in NS, Canada

At 10:42 AM 06/02/12, you wrote:

>Just an FYI, ashwagandhha can increase selenium levels. I take it

>sometimes also and decrease my selenium dose while I'm on it.

>

>Linn

>Moderator

Just google " astragalus to increase selenium " and you'll find lots of

references. Sorry, in a rush this morning and don't have time to look up

references.

Linn

> >Just an FYI, ashwagandhha can increase selenium levels. I take it

> >sometimes also and decrease my selenium dose while I'm on it.

> >

> >Linn

> >Moderator

>

Astragalus or ashwagandha? I am confused. Thanks, Kathleen

Just google "astragalus to increase selenium" and you'll find lots of references. Sorry, in a rush this morning and don't have time to look up references.Linn> >Just an FYI, ashwagandhha can increase selenium levels. I take it > >sometimes also and decrease my selenium dose while I'm on it.> >> >Linn> >Moderator>

Sorry, my screw up, astragalus not ashwagandha.

Linn

> > >Just an FYI, ashwagandhha can increase selenium levels. I take it

> > >sometimes also and decrease my selenium dose while I'm on it.

> > >

> > >Linn

> > >Moderator

> >

>

Hi LinnSo astragalus increases selenium? Very interesting. We have found it great for building immune systems. in Alaska

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Linn <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

Sorry, my screw up, astragalus not ashwagandha.

Linn

Yes, great for the immune system, also helps with hair loss.

Linn

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > Sorry, my screw up, astragalus not ashwagandha.

> >

> > Linn

> > Moderator

> >

> >

>

Ok, that yielded results. Your first post said ashwagandha, which is a

different herb altogether and does not have any known effect on selenium

that I could find.

On the other hand, it would seem that some species of astragalus accumulate

large amounts of selenium, especially when grown in selenium-rich soils.

in NS, Canada

At 12:50 PM 08/02/12, you wrote:

>Just google " astragalus to increase selenium " and you'll find lots of

>references. Sorry, in a rush this morning and don't have time to look up

>references.

>

>Linn

>

>

> > >Just an FYI, ashwagandhha can increase selenium levels. I take it

> > >sometimes also and decrease my selenium dose while I'm on it.

> > >

> > >Linn

> > >Moderator

Yes, my mistake, I meant astragalus.

Linn

> > > >Just an FYI, ashwagandhha can increase selenium levels. I take it

> > > >sometimes also and decrease my selenium dose while I'm on it.

> > > >

> > > >Linn

> > > >Moderator

>