RemedySpot.com

Re: Hi all! Question from a person with mercury toxicity...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello and welcome!

I will try and answer some of your questions. First let me ask some; are you also taking the unrefined Celtic Sea Salt that is part of the Iodine Protocol? (You should be having this salt daily). Also, the Salt Loading Protocol is important for helping your body eliminate bromides, fluoride and other toxic halides. (You can read about the details in our Guide to Supplementing Iodine in our Files. ) Yes, your Free T's are very low; are you taking Natural Thyroid Hormone, such as Nature-throid, Erfa, etc.? I hope you are as those numbers show you are very hypo. Have you done any liver cleanses? This would be very helpful with your T4 to T3 conversion. Peanuts are notoriously high in the carcinogenic mold, aflatoxin; please refrain from eating peanuts in any form. Almond butter is a healthier choice.

Kind regards,

-Kathleen

Hi all! Question from a person with mercury toxicity...

Hi everyone! I'm just new to this forum...have been a member for a while lurking and decided to post some questions some of you may be able to help me out with!Background: 22 year old male, became mercury toxic from eating tuna (4.0 on a scale of >0.80 on hairtest), chelating via cutler protocol since October 2010 with roughly 48 rounds done now. I feel waaaaay better and have reduce a ton of my symptoms EXCEPT low body temperature and miserably cold hands! I have been taking 50-150mg iodine along with vit c, mag, selenium, and b vits but have noticed no improvement in my cold hands at all. I have however noticed a massive stirup of mercury or other heavy metals (Ive learned to just tell when my blood has toxins in it by the certain way i feel). Probably flouride and bromides wouldnt doubt it but thats not what im concerned about...im concered about becoming warm and upping my t4->t3 conversion!!Blood test done last year was:T4(free): 16 (12-22)T3(free): 3.3(4.0-6.2)I know many people recommend zinc and selenium to raise the t3 conversion but this does absolutely nooooothing for me at best and at worst makes me colder than i already am. Also vitamin c seems to make me colder as well...Anyways was wondering if anyone could give some input in why you think the things that are suppose to help t3 conversion make me worse?Also -- I notice when i eat alot of peanut butter or potatoes in one go or take MASSIVE amounts of calcium (2,500mg a day) I feel warmer a few hours later...what do you think could cause this?

Hello,

Kathleen, noticed your statement about avoiding peanuts in any form. Would that also apply to ORGANIC peanut butter? Almond butter has become so extremely costly.

Thank you for your good work on this site,

Diane

Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 9:50 PM

iodine

Subject: Re: Hi all! Question from a person with mercury toxicity...

Hello and welcome!

I will try and answer some of your questions. First let me ask some; are you also taking the unrefined Celtic Sea Salt that is part of the Iodine Protocol? (You should be having this salt daily). Also, the Salt Loading Protocol is important for helping your body eliminate bromides, fluoride and other toxic halides. (You can read about the details in our Guide to Supplementing Iodine in our Files. ) Yes, your Free T's are very low; are you taking Natural Thyroid Hormone, such as Nature-throid, Erfa, etc.? I hope you are as those numbers show you are very hypo. Have you done any liver cleanses? This would be very helpful with your T4 to T3 conversion. Peanuts are notoriously high in the carcinogenic mold, aflatoxin; please refrain from eating peanuts in any form. Almond butter is a healthier choice.

Kind regards,

-Kathleen

Hi everyone! I'm just new to this forum...have been a member for a while lurking and decided to post some questions some of you may be able to help me out with!Background: 22 year old male, became mercury toxic from eating tuna (4.0 on a scale of >0.80 on hairtest), chelating via cutler protocol since October 2010 with roughly 48 rounds done now. I feel waaaaay better and have reduce a ton of my symptoms EXCEPT low body temperature and miserably cold hands! I have been taking 50-150mg iodine along with vit c, mag, selenium, and b vits but have noticed no improvement in my cold hands at all. I have however noticed a massive stirup of mercury or other heavy metals (Ive learned to just tell when my blood has toxins in it by the certain way i feel). Probably flouride and bromides wouldnt doubt it but thats not what im concerned about...im concered about becoming warm and upping my t4->t3 conversion!!Blood test done last year was:T4(free): 16 (12-22)T3(free): 3.3(4.0-6.2)I know many people recommend zinc and selenium to raise the t3 conversion but this does absolutely nooooothing for me at best and at worst makes me colder than i already am. Also vitamin c seems to make me colder as well...Anyways was wondering if anyone could give some input in why you think the things that are suppose to help t3 conversion make me worse?Also -- I notice when i eat alot of peanut butter or potatoes in one go or take MASSIVE amounts of calcium (2,500mg a day) I feel warmer a few hours later...what do you think could cause this?

Hi Diane,

They say that the mold is less likely to form on Valencia peanuts. Some companies do check for aflatoxin, however they cannot check every nut ( or legume I should say, as peanuts are not nuts). They only check a few batches here and there, so it is possible that even with organic peanuts, they still can have aflatoxin. Aflatoxin is only one of many carcinogenic molds that form on peanuts, pistachios, corn, wheat and other grains. The problem comes from these products sitting in storage silos for so many months/years. Yes, almond butter is very expensive, I totally understand that! We only have it here at our house for a treat once in awhile; I try to stock up when I find organic almond butter on sale.

Kind regards,

-Kathleen

I get a large jar of Maranatha Almond Butter (16 oz) for between $5 & $6 from CostCo.

Buist,ND HC

Thanks for that lead, great price, will look for it.

Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:41 PM

iodine

I get a large jar of Maranatha Almond Butter (16 oz) for between $5 & $6 from CostCo.

Buist,ND HC

Thanks, Kathleen...helpful, I wasn't aware aflatoxin was so prevalent in so many foods.

Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:32 PM

iodine

Hi Diane,

They say that the mold is less likely to form on Valencia peanuts. Some companies do check for aflatoxin, however they cannot check every nut ( or legume I should say, as peanuts are not nuts). They only check a few batches here and there, so it is possible that even with organic peanuts, they still can have aflatoxin. Aflatoxin is only one of many carcinogenic molds that form on peanuts, pistachios, corn, wheat and other grains. The problem comes from these products sitting in storage silos for so many months/years. Yes, almond butter is very expensive, I totally understand that! We only have it here at our house for a treat once in awhile; I try to stock up when I find organic almond butter on sale.

Kind regards,

-Kathleen

While I am aware of the aflatoxin in peanuts, companies with proper storage

facilities

and who test for it are going to be a lot safer. Maranatha is an excellent

brand for that

reason. My partner really likes peanut butter for his lunch sandwich, so we've

researched and that is our brand, organic.

--

On 21 Jan 2012 at 23:15, Dr. Diane Schneider wrote:

>

>

>

> Thanks, Kathleen...helpful,I wasn't aware aflatoxin was so prevalent

> in so many foods.

>

> From: Kathleen Blake

> Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:32 PM

> iodine

> Subject: Re: Hi all! Question from a person with mercury

> toxicity...

>

>

>

>

> Hi Diane,

> They say that the mold is less likely to form on Valencia peanuts.

> Some companies do check for

> aflatoxin, however they cannot check every nut ( or legume I should

> say, as peanuts are not nuts). They only check a few batches here and

> there, so it is possible that even with organic peanuts, they still

> can have aflatoxin. Aflatoxin is only one of many carcinogenic molds

> that form on peanuts, pistachios, corn, wheat and other grains. The

> problem comes from these products sitting in storage silos for so many

> months/years. Yes, almond butter is very expensive, I totally

> understand that! We only have it here at our house for a treat once in

> awhile; I try to stock up when I find organic almond butter on sale.

> Kind regards, -Kathleen moderator

>

> Hi all! Question from a person with mercury

> toxicity...

>

>

> Hi everyone! I'm just new to this forum...have been a member for a

> while lurking and decided to post some questions some of you may be

> able to help me out with!

>

> Background: 22 year old male, became mercury toxic from eating tuna

> (4.0 on a scale of >0.80 on hairtest), chelating via cutler protocol

> since October 2010 with roughly 48 rounds done now. I feel waaaaay

> better and have reduce a ton of my symptoms EXCEPT low body

> temperature and miserably cold hands!

>

> I have been taking 50-150mg iodine along with vit c, mag, selenium,

> and b vits but have noticed no improvement in my cold hands at all. I

> have however noticed a massive stirup of mercury or other heavy metals

> (Ive learned to just tell when my blood has toxins in it by the

> certain way i feel). Probably flouride and bromides wouldnt doubt it

> but thats not what im concerned about...im concered about becoming

> warm and upping my t4->t3 conversion!!

>

> Blood test done last year was:

>

> T4(free): 16 (12-22)

> T3(free): 3.3(4.0-6.2)

>

> I know many people recommend zinc and selenium to raise the t3

> conversion but this does absolutely nooooothing for me at best and at

> worst makes me colder than i already am. Also vitamin c seems to make

> me colder as well...

>

> Anyways was wondering if anyone could give some input in why you think

> the things that are suppose to help t3 conversion make me worse?

>

> Also -- I notice when i eat alot of peanut butter or potatoes in one

> go or take MASSIVE amounts of calcium (2,500mg a day) I feel warmer a

> few hours later...what do you think could cause this?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

I continue to eat peanut butter too. Remember that if your body (the environment) is strong and healthy you can fight off a lot of these things. But it is when you are very sick and weak that they can take hold.

Buist, ND HC

Hi all! Question from a person with mercury> toxicity...> > > Hi everyone! I'm just new to this forum...have been a member for a> while lurking and decided to post some questions some of you may be> able to help me out with!> > Background: 22 year old male, became mercury toxic from eating tuna> (4.0 on a scale of >0.80 on hairtest), chelating via cutler protocol> since October 2010 with roughly 48 rounds done now. I feel waaaaay> better and have reduce a ton of my symptoms EXCEPT low body> temperature and miserably cold hands! > > I have been taking 50-150mg iodine along with vit c, mag, selenium,> and b vits but have noticed no improvement in my cold hands at all. I> have however noticed a massive stirup of mercury or other heavy metals> (Ive learned to just tell when my blood has toxins in it by the> certain way i feel). Probably flouride and bromides wouldnt doubt it> but thats not what im concerned about...im concered about becoming> warm and upping my t4->t3 conversion!!> > Blood test done last year was:> > T4(free): 16 (12-22)> T3(free): 3.3(4.0-6.2)> > I know many people recommend zinc and selenium to raise the t3> conversion but this does absolutely nooooothing for me at best and at> worst makes me colder than i already am. Also vitamin c seems to make> me colder as well...> > Anyways was wondering if anyone could give some input in why you think> the things that are suppose to help t3 conversion make me worse?> > Also -- I notice when i eat alot of peanut butter or potatoes in one> go or take MASSIVE amounts of calcium (2,500mg a day) I feel warmer a> few hours later...what do you think could cause this?> > > > > > > > > >

The main reason not to eat peanuts is because it blocks the uptake of thyroid

hormone (as does soy). Afloxin isn't the only reason not to eat peanuts. You

can also make almond butter very easily if you soak organic almonds and dry them

at low temps and then blend with a high speed blender. There's your almond

butter made cheaply. By the way, soaking nuts helps to get rid of the enzymes

in nuts and seeds that makes them difficult to digest.

Laurie

>

> Hi everyone! I'm just new to this forum...have been a member for a while

lurking and decided to post some questions some of you may be able to help me

out with!

>

> Background: 22 year old male, became mercury toxic from eating tuna (4.0 on a

scale of >0.80 on hairtest), chelating via cutler protocol since October 2010

with roughly 48 rounds done now. I feel waaaaay better and have reduce a ton of

my symptoms EXCEPT low body temperature and miserably cold hands!

>

> I have been taking 50-150mg iodine along with vit c, mag, selenium, and b vits

but have noticed no improvement in my cold hands at all. I have however noticed

a massive stirup of mercury or other heavy metals (Ive learned to just tell when

my blood has toxins in it by the certain way i feel). Probably flouride and

bromides wouldnt doubt it but thats not what im concerned about...im concered

about becoming warm and upping my t4->t3 conversion!!

>

>

>

> I know many people recommend zinc and selenium to raise the t3 conversion but

this does absolutely nooooothing for me at best and at worst makes me colder

than i already am. Also vitamin c seems to make me colder as well...

>

> Anyways was wondering if anyone could give some input in why you think the

things that are suppose to help t3 conversion make me worse?

>

> Also -- I notice when i eat alot of peanut butter or potatoes in one go or

take MASSIVE amounts of calcium (2,500mg a day) I feel warmer a few hours

later...what do you think could cause this?

>

Ok here I go!

I DO eat alot of sea salt, though its not celtic sea salt...the only place

around where i live that sells is it a health food store that charges a

ridiculous amount for it, especially at the rate i eat it. I also do not do the

sea salt flushes or anything. I have tried them but they seem to give me runny

stools and make me feel bloated and find the slight relief they give in symptoms

not really worth it when i weigh the positives and negatives. Is the salt a

major necessity of the iodine protocol? I would prefer to not do it as i really

do eat alot of salt...but if necessary i'll throw some flushes in every week.

I have done liver cleanses...3 to be precise...first two produced a TON of green

cholesterol stones...third one produced almost nothing. I did note something

though...between the 2nd and 3rd flushes i began to heavily supplement apple

cider vinegar and used ALOT of turmeric on my foods, as both are suppose to

reduce gallstones...seemed to work, and also cleared up my acne to a point where

people asked if i was using store products because my face was getting so clear

and still is to this day for the most part.

I an NOT taking any type of thyroid horomone meds or anything...i'm only 22 and

truthfully believe i can fix this problem with mineral balancing and getting the

mercury out. I was never cold or had cold hands until i became mercury poisoning

so blame it purely on mercury. I became very ill very quickly as from the age of

18-20 as i went on a crazy bodybuilding diet when i was working out that

consisted of 150+ grams of protein a day, mostly from canned tuna because of how

cheap it was and low in fat(3 cans a day most days)...if only what i knew now

back then....

Anyways i hope that gives you some insight to my life a little more for your

answers!

OH! and the peanut butter, i am aware of the mycotoxins in them and such and

actually never ate it for about a 2 year period and just began recently because

I figured iodine is anti-fungal and such an also helps stomache acid production,

both of which assist in killing fungus. If you narrow each food down you'll

eventually find a negative to eating it...like i know potatoes produce some kind

of toxin when they're heated as well. I just try to eat a variet of foods and

get a little bit of toxins from everywhere...as to not overload on only one

toxin :P

>

> Hello and welcome!

> I will try and answer some of your questions. First let me ask some; are you

also taking the unrefined Celtic Sea Salt that is part of the Iodine Protocol?

(You should be having this salt daily). Also, the Salt Loading Protocol is

important for helping your body eliminate bromides, fluoride and other toxic

halides. (You can read about the details in our Guide to Supplementing Iodine in

our Files. ) Yes, your Free T's are very low; are you taking Natural Thyroid

Hormone, such as Nature-throid, Erfa, etc.? I hope you are as those numbers

show you are very hypo. Have you done any liver cleanses? This would be very

helpful with your T4 to T3 conversion. Peanuts are notoriously high in the

carcinogenic mold, aflatoxin; please refrain from eating peanuts in any form.

Almond butter is a healthier choice.

> Kind regards,

> -Kathleen

> moderator

> Hi all! Question from a person with mercury toxicity...

>

>

>

out with!

>

> Background: 22 year old male, became mercury toxic from eating tuna (4.0 on

a scale of >0.80 on hairtest), chelating via cutler protocol since October 2010

with roughly 48 rounds done now. I feel waaaaay better and have reduce a ton of

my symptoms EXCEPT low body temperature and miserably cold hands!

>

> I have been taking 50-150mg iodine along with vit c, mag, selenium, and b

vits but have noticed no improvement in my cold hands at all. I have however

noticed a massive stirup of mercury or other heavy metals (Ive learned to just

tell when my blood has toxins in it by the certain way i feel). Probably

flouride and bromides wouldnt doubt it but thats not what im concerned

about...im concered about becoming warm and upping my t4->t3 conversion!!

>

>

>

> I know many people recommend zinc and selenium to raise the t3 conversion

but this does absolutely nooooothing for me at best and at worst makes me colder

>

>

>

Hello ( Don't know our name, could you please tell us your name next time you respond =-)

You can find unrefined Celtic Sea Salt online at various sites that offer it much cheaper than some health food stores. Make sure the salt you are ingesting is unrefined; if it is white, then chances are that even if it says 'sea salt', it is refined sea salt. Which is not the kind you want. Yes, it is good to be using unrefined sea salt daily on your food ( You can also use Redmond's Real Salt; which can be considerably cheaper and works just as well.) The Salt Loading Protocol is only done when you are experiencing heavy detox symptoms.

About taking Natural Thyroid Hormone. Your blood test numbers were very low, and you seem to have lots of physical symptoms that indicate hypothyroidism. Some people are under the misunderstanding that taking Natural Thyroid Hormone is a failure of some sort. Remember, the idea is for us to be in optimum health. Synthetic thyroid replacement is not a good idea as it causes many problems , but if one needs help with their thyroid levels, Natural Thyroid Hormone is a blessing. I can speak from experience.

It sounds as though the mercury toxins have really damaged your thyroid. Your liver will love a diet rich in organic carrots, greens, beets, dandelion. If you can add some organic veggie juices as well, that will help your liver and thyroid to a great degree.

Best,

Kathleen

Hi all! Question from a person with mercury toxicity...> > > > Hi everyone! I'm just new to this forum...have been a member for a while lurking and decided to post some questions some of you may be able to help me out with!> > Background: 22 year old male, became mercury toxic from eating tuna (4.0 on a scale of >0.80 on hairtest), chelating via cutler protocol since October 2010 with roughly 48 rounds done now. I feel waaaaay better and have reduce a ton of my symptoms EXCEPT low body temperature and miserably cold hands! > > I have been taking 50-150mg iodine along with vit c, mag, selenium, and b vits but have noticed no improvement in my cold hands at all. I have however noticed a massive stirup of mercury or other heavy metals (Ive learned to just tell when my blood has toxins in it by the certain way i feel). Probably flouride and bromides wouldnt doubt it but thats not what im concerned about...im concered about becoming warm and upping my t4->t3 conversion!!> > Blood test done last year was:> > T4(free): 16 (12-22)> T3(free): 3.3(4.0-6.2)> > I know many people recommend zinc and selenium to raise the t3 conversion but this does absolutely nooooothing for me at best and at worst makes me colder than i already am. Also vitamin c seems to make me colder as well...> > Anyways was wondering if anyone could give some input in why you think the things that are suppose to help t3 conversion make me worse?> > Also -- I notice when i eat alot of peanut butter or potatoes in one go or take MASSIVE amounts of calcium (2,500mg a day) I feel warmer a few hours later...what do you think could cause this?>

You need to make sure that the " sea salt " you are using is in fact UNREFINED.

It

MUST SAY unrefined or whole on the label or it's not reliably unrefined.

The term " sea salt " simply means salt that does not have iodine added, and

usually

means it doesn't have other chemicals added such as decaking agents. However,

" sea salt " is bleached and may be heat- or chemically-treated (and thus,

broken).

So unless you have sure knowledge the salt is whole, unrefined salt, you're

probably

injuring yourself with bad salt.

RealSalt is mined in Utah and is the least expensive form of unrefined whole

salt for

people in North America to buy. Most health food stores and MANY grocery stores

now carry RealSalt, which is made by the Redmond's brand. And it's definitely

available on Amazon and other online sources.

So no, it doesn't have to be Celtic sea salt, but it does have to be UNREFINED

and

WHOLE.

--

On 23 Jan 2012 at 0:24, Cheryl wrote:

>

> >

> > I DO eat alot of sea salt, though its not celtic sea salt...the

> > only place around where i live that sells is it a health food

> > store that charges a ridiculous amount for it, especially at the

> > rate i eat it.

>

> I recently noticed that Amazon.com has RealSalt for sale.

>

> Cheryl

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Owner: Buist, ND HC

> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn

>

> All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

> IodineOT/

>

>

> The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)

> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2

> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

Yes, Celtic sea salt is by definition unrefined. --

On 22 Jan 2012 at 23:08, Kathleen Blake wrote:

>

>

>

>

> Hi len,

> I use Eden French Celtic salt, and it says hand-harvested and it is

> unrefined, so if it is greyish in colour and says hand harvested, it

> is good. Best, Kathleen

> Re: Re: Hi all! Question from a person with mercury

> toxicity...

>

>

> You need to make sure that the " sea salt " you are using is in fact

> UNREFINED. It MUST SAY unrefined or whole on the label or it's not

> reliably unrefined.

>

> The term " sea salt " simply means salt that does not have iodine added,

> and usually means it doesn't have other chemicals added such as

> decaking agents. However, " sea salt " is bleached and may be heat- or

> chemically-treated (and thus, broken).

>

> So unless you have sure knowledge the salt is whole, unrefined salt,

> you're probably injuring yourself with bad salt.

>

> RealSalt is mined in Utah and is the least expensive form of unrefined

> whole salt for people in North America to buy. Most health food stores

> and MANY grocery stores now carry RealSalt, which is made by the

> Redmond's brand. And it's definitely available on Amazon and other

> online sources.

>

> So no, it doesn't have to be Celtic sea salt, but it does have to be

> UNREFINED and WHOLE.

>

> --

> moderator

>

> On 23 Jan 2012 at 0:24, Cheryl wrote:

>

> >

> > >

> > > I DO eat alot of sea salt, though its not celtic sea salt...the

> > > only place around where i live that sells is it a health food

> > > store that charges a ridiculous amount for it, especially at the

> > > rate i eat it.

> >

> > I recently noticed that Amazon.com has RealSalt for sale.

> >

> > Cheryl

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > Owner: Buist, ND HC

> > Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn

> >

> > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

> > IodineOT/

> >

> >

> > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)

> >

> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2

> > 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

That's the brand I use but it's not grey it's white.len From: Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@...> iodine Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 10:08 PM Subject: Re: Re: Hi all! Question from a person with mercury toxicity...

Hi len,

I use Eden French Celtic salt, and it says hand-harvested and it is unrefined, so if it is greyish in colour and says hand harvested, it is good.

Best,

Kathleen

Re: Re: Hi all! Question from a person with mercury toxicity...

You need to make sure that the "sea salt" you are using is in fact UNREFINED. It MUST SAY unrefined or whole on the label or it's not reliably unrefined. The term "sea salt" simply means salt that does not have iodine added, and usually means it doesn't have other chemicals added such as decaking agents. However, "sea salt" is bleached and may be heat- or chemically-treated (and thus, broken). So unless you have sure knowledge the salt is whole, unrefined salt, you're probably injuring yourself with bad salt.RealSalt is mined in Utah and is the least expensive form of unrefined whole salt for people in North America to buy. Most health food stores and MANY grocery stores now carry RealSalt, which is made by the Redmond's brand. And it's definitely available on Amazon and other online sources.So no, it doesn't have to be Celtic sea salt, but it does have to be UNREFINED and WHOLE.--moderatorOn 23 Jan 2012 at 0:24, Cheryl wrote:> > > > > I DO eat alot of sea salt, though its not celtic sea salt...the> > only place around where i live that sells is it a health food> > store that charges a ridiculous amount for it, especially at the> > rate i eat it. > > I recently noticed that Amazon.com has RealSalt for sale.> > Cheryl> > > > ------------------------------------> > Owner: Buist, ND HC> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group > IodineOT/> > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

Aflatoxin, and mycotoxins are a huge problem in food and in the environment.

Some digestive enzymes are also mold derived (aspergillus).

Does anyone know if iodine can help detox mycotoxins?

Jaye

>

> Thanks, Kathleen...helpful, I wasn't aware aflatoxin was so prevalent in so

many foods.

>

>

> From: Kathleen Blake

> Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:32 PM

> iodine

> Subject: Re: Hi all! Question from a person with mercury toxicity...

>

>

>

>

> Hi Diane,

> They say that the mold is less likely to form on Valencia peanuts. Some

companies do check for aflatoxin, however they cannot check every nut ( or

legume I should say, as peanuts are not nuts). They only check a few batches

here and there, so it is possible that even with organic peanuts, they still can

have aflatoxin. Aflatoxin is only one of many carcinogenic molds that form on

peanuts, pistachios, corn, wheat and other grains. The problem comes from these

products sitting in storage silos for so many months/years. Yes, almond butter

is very expensive, I totally understand that! We only have it here at our house

for a treat once in awhile; I try to stock up when I find organic almond butter

on sale.

> Kind regards,

> -Kathleen

> moderator

>

> Hi all! Question from a person with mercury toxicity...

>

>

>

out with!

>

> Background: 22 year old male, became mercury toxic from eating tuna (4.0

on a scale of >0.80 on hairtest), chelating via cutler protocol since October

2010 with roughly 48 rounds done now. I feel waaaaay better and have reduce a

ton of my symptoms EXCEPT low body temperature and miserably cold hands!

>

> I have been taking 50-150mg iodine along with vit c, mag, selenium, and b

vits but have noticed no improvement in my cold hands at all. I have however

noticed a massive stirup of mercury or other heavy metals (Ive learned to just

tell when my blood has toxins in it by the certain way i feel). Probably

flouride and bromides wouldnt doubt it but thats not what im concerned

about...im concered about becoming warm and upping my t4->t3 conversion!!

>

>

>

> I know many people recommend zinc and selenium to raise the t3 conversion

but this does absolutely nooooothing for me at best and at worst makes me colder

>

>

>

It is a good brand, I use it daily. It is finer ground so looks more white than grey, however if you but it up against a pure white sheet of paper, you will see it is more on the light grey side. Don't worry, it is fine to use.

Best,

-Kathleen

You need to make sure that the "sea salt" you are using is in fact UNREFINED. It MUST SAY unrefined or whole on the label or it's not reliably unrefined. The term "sea salt" simply means salt that does not have iodine added, and usually means it doesn't have other chemicals added such as decaking agents. However, "sea salt" is bleached and may be heat- or chemically-treated (and thus, broken). So unless you have sure knowledge the salt is whole, unrefined salt, you're probably injuring yourself with bad salt.RealSalt is mined in Utah and is the least expensive form of unrefined whole salt for people in North America to buy. Most health food stores and MANY grocery stores now carry RealSalt, which is made by the Redmond's brand. And it's definitely available on Amazon and other online sources.So no, it doesn't have to be Celtic sea salt, but it does have to be UNREFINED and WHOLE.--moderatorOn 23 Jan 2012 at 0:24, Cheryl wrote:> > > > > I DO eat alot of sea salt, though its not celtic sea salt...the> > only place around where i live that sells is it a health food> > store that charges a ridiculous amount for it, especially at the> > rate i eat it. > > I recently noticed that Amazon.com has RealSalt for sale.> > Cheryl> > > > ------------------------------------> > Owner: Buist, ND HC> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group > IodineOT/> > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

Hi Jaye,

Yes, iodine is considered to be anti-fungal. Doug Kaufmann on his tv show Know The Cause often talks about the importance of taking Lugol's along with his anti-fungal diet . www.knowthecause.com .

Best,

-Kathleen

Hi all! Question from a person with mercury toxicity...> > > > Hi everyone! I'm just new to this forum...have been a member for a while lurking and decided to post some questions some of you may be able to help me out with!> > Background: 22 year old male, became mercury toxic from eating tuna (4.0 on a scale of >0.80 on hairtest), chelating via cutler protocol since October 2010 with roughly 48 rounds done now. I feel waaaaay better and have reduce a ton of my symptoms EXCEPT low body temperature and miserably cold hands! > > I have been taking 50-150mg iodine along with vit c, mag, selenium, and b vits but have noticed no improvement in my cold hands at all. I have however noticed a massive stirup of mercury or other heavy metals (Ive learned to just tell when my blood has toxins in it by the certain way i feel). Probably flouride and bromides wouldnt doubt it but thats not what im concerned about...im concered about becoming warm and upping my t4->t3 conversion!!> > Blood test done last year was:> > T4(free): 16 (12-22)> T3(free): 3.3(4.0-6.2)> > I know many people recommend zinc and selenium to raise the t3 conversion but this does absolutely nooooothing for me at best and at worst makes me colder than i already am. Also vitamin c seems to make me colder as well...> > Anyways was wondering if anyone could give some input in why you think the things that are suppose to help t3 conversion make me worse?> > Also -- I notice when i eat alot of peanut butter or potatoes in one go or take MASSIVE amounts of calcium (2,500mg a day) I feel warmer a few hours later...what do you think could cause this?>

ok thanks.len From: Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@...> iodine Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 10:50 AM Subject: Re: Re: Hi all! Question from a person with mercury toxicity...

It is a good brand, I use it daily. It is finer ground so looks more white than grey, however if you but it up against a pure white sheet of paper, you will see it is more on the light grey side. Don't worry, it is fine to use.

Best,

-Kathleen

I agree with everything you say about thyroid hormones except for the bit at the

end about most people not ever being able to recover. I truthfully believe

myself and many other people with low t3 dont have a real " thyroid

problem " ...which by definition means you have a problem with the actualy thyroid

GLAND. In many (probably most) people that have hypothyroid symptoms their free

t4 levels are usually not all that bad...its their T3 hormones that is low and

making them feel bad. Your actual thyroid gland makes very little T3 in

comparison to the amount in your body.

The main organs that T4 (made by the thyroid) is converted to T3 in are the

liver and the intestines (surprisingly quite a bit in the small intestine...do

some research on how the bacteria in your stomache does this...its pretty

interesting and alot of people dont have a clue it even happens). Which leads me

to my next point -> healthy digestive system = healthy body.

Anyways it is my belief that the majority of people with these metabolic

problems have some sort of heavy metal problem or viral infection not allowing

their body to correctly convert the T4->T3.

For myself the problem is heavy metals...specifically mercury. If i'm right and

one day I heal myself enough from chelation to convert T4->T3 correctly in my

body again I'll make sure to let everyone know! :)

But for now its off to get some salt and thyroid glandulars!

> > > > Hello and welcome! > > I

> > will try and answer some of your questions. First let me ask some; are

> > you also taking the unrefined Celtic Sea Salt that is part of the

> > Iodine Protocol? (You should be having this salt daily). Also, the

> > Salt Loading Protocol is important for helping your body eliminate

> > bromides, fluoride and other toxic halides. (You can read about the

> > details in our Guide to Supplementing Iodine in our Files. ) Yes, your

> > Free T's are very low; are you taking Natural Thyroid Hormone, such as

> > Nature-throid, Erfa, etc.? I hope you are as those numbers show you

> > are very hypo. Have you done any liver cleanses? This would be very

> > helpful with your T4 to T3 conversion. Peanuts are notoriously high in

> > the carcinogenic mold, aflatoxin; please refrain from eating peanuts

> > in any form. Almond butter is a healthier choice. > > Kind regards,

> > > > -Kathleen > > moderator > > Hi all!

> > Question from a person with mercury toxicity... > > > > > > >

> > > Hi everyone! I'm just new to this forum...have been a member for a

> > while lurking and decided to post some questions some of you may be

> > able to help me out with! > > > > Background: 22 year old male,

> > became mercury toxic from eating tuna (4.0 on a scale of >0.80 on

> > hairtest), chelating via cutler protocol since October 2010 with

> > roughly 48 rounds done now. I feel waaaaay better and have reduce a

> > ton of my symptoms EXCEPT low body temperature and miserably cold

> > hands! > > > > I have been taking 50-150mg iodine along with vit

> > c, mag, selenium, and b vits but have noticed no improvement in my

> > cold hands at all. I have however noticed a massive stirup of mercury

> > or other heavy metals (Ive learned to just tell when my blood has

> > toxins in it by the certain way i feel). Probably flouride and

> > bromides wouldnt doubt it but thats not what im concerned about...im

> > concered about becoming warm and upping my t4->t3 conversion!! > > >

> > > Blood test done last year was: > > > > T4(free): 16 (12-22) >

> > > T3(free): 3.3(4.0-6.2) > > > > I know many people recommend

> > zinc and selenium to raise the t3 conversion but this does absolutely

> > nooooothing for me at best and at worst makes me colder than i already

> > am. Also vitamin c seems to make me colder as well... > > > >

> > Anyways was wondering if anyone could give some input in why you think

> > the things that are suppose to help t3 conversion make me worse? > >

> > > > Also -- I notice when i eat alot of peanut butter or potatoes in

> > one go or take MASSIVE amounts of calcium (2,500mg a day) I feel

> > warmer a few hours later...what do you think could cause this? > > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > Owner: Buist, ND HC

> > Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn

> >

> > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

> > IodineOT/

> >

> >

> > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)

> > iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2

> > 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

What is the correct test to see whether you have heavy metal toxicity?Thanks!ShaunaOn Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM, bd0789 <bd0789@...> wrote:

Anyways it is my belief that the majority of people with these metabolic problems have some sort of heavy metal problem or viral infection not allowing their body to correctly convert the T4->T3.

For myself the problem is heavy metals...specifically mercury. If i'm right and one day I heal myself enough from chelation to convert T4->T3 correctly in my body again I'll make sure to let everyone know! :)

I believe it’s

a Hair Mineral Analysis test but I might be wrong about that.

Bonnie

Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012

9:59 PM

iodine

Subject: Re: Re: Hi all!

Question from a person with mercury toxicity...

What is

the correct test to see whether you have heavy metal toxicity?

Thanks!

Shauna

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM, bd0789 <bd0789@...> wrote:

Anyways it is my belief that the majority of people with these metabolic

problems have some sort of heavy metal problem or viral infection not allowing

their body to correctly convert the T4->T3.

For myself the problem is heavy metals...specifically mercury. If i'm right and

one day I heal myself enough from chelation to convert T4->T3 correctly in

my body again I'll make sure to let everyone know! :)

size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899"

align=center>

No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 2012.0.1901 / Virus Database: 2109/4761 - Release Date: 01/23/12

If you have or ever had almagam filling in your mouth its a pretty much

guarantee that you have some level of mercury in your body. Especially if you

have metabolic symptoms like low t3, low body temperature, low energy, etc.

I personally never had almagams but i did eat alot of fish, i had a hairtest

that confirmed mercury toxicity. For men this test is pretty easy as you just

chop off some hair on the back of ur head near the base of your skull...for

women it might not be so convenient though.

I'd say if you were interested in seeing tangible evidence of toxicty a Hair

Test...but in my opinion the BEST indicator is symptoms and life style/history.

I know alot of people think salmon is a safe fish to eat but in reality it still

has tons of mercury, almost as much as tuna...pretty much any fish from the sea

is riddled in mercury in my opinion.

Salmon: 0.45ppm (mercury)

Tuna: 0.55ppm (mercury)

Shrimp: 0.35ppm (mercury)

So think about it next time before you put that " healthy " piece of salmon in

your mouth, along with anything else that comes from the sea.

>

> > **

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Anyways it is my belief that the majority of people with these metabolic

> > problems have some sort of heavy metal problem or viral infection not

> > allowing their body to correctly convert the T4->T3.

> >

> > For myself the problem is heavy metals...specifically mercury. If i'm

> > right and one day I heal myself enough from chelation to convert T4->T3

> > correctly in my body again I'll make sure to let everyone know! :)

> >

> >

>

I used to have cold extremities and did the " Syndrome" protocol, where you chase your temperature with T3 and when you have it normal, slowly wean off the T3. It worked and I stopped having indigestion and heartburn. That's been about 10 years ago.

My cholesterol used to be 375 without statins, and 250 with a heavy dose of Lipitor. I had my mercury filling removed and also did the Cutler protocol and now it's 150 with a very low dose of generic mevacor. Don't know if it's the Hg detox, but don't know what else would have done it. I discovered Vitamin D3 about two years ago and have just discovered Iodine or at least how most of us are very low in it. I've started supplementing and seem to be experiencing elevated mood and energy, but comes and goes. I've only increased my iodine intake for about two weeks.

RO

How can you get a dr to realize the standard test TSH T3 and T$

is meaningless and they treat the test rather than the

symptoms? I have Reverse T-3 at 545 and he ignores it and

goes by TSH level and says I am fine when even his nurses

could not get a temp reading on me.

Big Al

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:50:12 -0500, bd0789 <bd0789@...> wrote:

--

" The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest

liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them

the truth. " -- H.L. Mencken

So you're telling me all you had to do was increase your t3 til your normal t3

levels were correct and then wean off the T3 and you never experience low body

temperature from the point on up to date? I'm very interested in this...please

let me know the exact protocol how you did it...i'd like to look into it.

My cholesterol had never been too bad, but im also very young. May i also ask

how many round of Cutler Chelation you did before you stopped and how you

decided to stop?

>

> I used to have cold extremities and did the " Syndrome " protocol, where

you chase your temperature with T3 and when you have it normal, slowly wean off

the T3. It worked and I stopped having indigestion and heartburn. That's been

about 10 years ago.

>

> My cholesterol used to be 375 without statins, and 250 with a heavy dose of

Lipitor. I had my mercury filling removed and also did the Cutler protocol and

now it's 150 with a very low dose of generic mevacor. Don't know if it's the Hg