and the selenium cap is tiny and he can swallow it--- but I have no way

to get the magnesium down him. Tried breaking open my capsules and

mixing the powder with various stuff, but too much trauma to get it down

him.

Did someone say NOT to use magnesium oil? I thought something was said

about it containing bromide?

Thanks for your help.

Debbie

Magnesium Oil (ancient minerals) is what I use for my children. You will need to make sure your source is clean but it would be good for him. Rub on the bottom of his feet or add to a bath.

Buist, ND HC

Re: Magnesium Oil/ spray

I want to buy some magnesium oil / spray for my 4yr old grandson who takes iodine when he is with me. He takes the salt and chewable vit. c, and the selenium cap is tiny and he can swallow it--- but I have no way to get the magnesium down him. Tried breaking open my capsules and mixing the powder with various stuff, but too much trauma to get it down him.Did someone say NOT to use magnesium oil? I thought something was said about it containing bromide?Thanks for your help.Debbie

Depending on who makes it, I think.  Mine contains nothing except mag chloride & distilled water.It's amazing . . .   ;o)-- Peace . . .

Hawkridgein a NE Seattle 'burb

Maybe try some magnesium powder, there's not much taste at all mixed in water or

anything else you want, in fact it's kinda sweet. Natural Calm makes several

flavors of magnesium.

Linn

>

>

> I want to buy some magnesium oil / spray for my 4yr old grandson who

> takes iodine when he is with me. He takes the salt and chewable vit. c,

> and the selenium cap is tiny and he can swallow it--- but I have no way

> to get the magnesium down him. Tried breaking open my capsules and

> mixing the powder with various stuff, but too much trauma to get it down

> him.

> Did someone say NOT to use magnesium oil? I thought something was said

> about it containing bromide?

> Thanks for your help.

> Debbie

>

Magnesium oil is a very fine product. You can get it from Swansons Vitamins for

far

less than the other name brand, and it's from the same source.

--

On 23 Jan 2012 at 21:44, Linn wrote:

> Maybe try some magnesium powder, there's not much taste at all mixed

> in water or anything else you want, in fact it's kinda sweet. Natural

> Calm makes several flavors of magnesium.

>

> Linn

> Moderator

>

> > > > I want to buy some magnesium oil / spray for my 4yr old

> grandson who > takes iodine when he is with me. He takes the salt and

> chewable vit. c, > and the selenium cap is tiny and he can swallow

> it--- but I have no way > to get the magnesium down him. Tried

> breaking open my capsules and > mixing the powder with various stuff,

> but too much trauma to get it down > him. > Did someone say NOT to use

> magnesium oil? I thought something was said > about it containing

> bromide? > Thanks for your help. > Debbie >

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Owner: Buist, ND HC

> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn

>

> All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

> IodineOT/

>

>

> The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)

> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2

> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this product (Ancient Minerals Ultra Pure Magnesium) and the type is mag oxide and I thought someone here mentioned that is the cheap type and not bioavailable...Just wondering how it's a good product then?? Thanks

SAJOn Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Baker <vbaker@...> wrote:

Magnesium oil is a very fine product. You can get it from Swansons Vitamins for far

--

> Maybe try some magnesium powder, there's not much taste at all mixed

> in water or anything else you want, in fact it's kinda sweet. Natural

>

> Linn

> Moderator

>

> > > > I want to buy some magnesium oil / spray for my 4yr old

> grandson who > takes iodine when he is with me. He takes the salt and

> chewable vit. c, > and the selenium cap is tiny and he can swallow

> breaking open my capsules and > mixing the powder with various stuff,

> but too much trauma to get it down > him. > Did someone say NOT to use

> magnesium oil? I thought something was said > about it containing

>

>

>

>

>

>

> IodineOT/

>

>

> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

Ancient Minerals is the Cadillac of Magnesium Oil.

Buist, ND HC

Re: Re: Magnesium Oil/ spray

I just got this product (Ancient Minerals Ultra Pure Magnesium) and the type is mag oxide and I thought someone here mentioned that is the cheap type and not bioavailable...Just wondering how it's a good product then?? ThanksSAJ

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Baker <vbaker@...> wrote:

Magnesium oil is a very fine product. You can get it from Swansons Vitamins for far less than the other name brand, and it's from the same source.--

On 23 Jan 2012 at 21:44, Linn wrote:> Maybe try some magnesium powder, there's not much taste at all mixed> in water or anything else you want, in fact it's kinda sweet. Natural> Calm makes several flavors of magnesium. > > Linn> Moderator> > > > > I want to buy some magnesium oil / spray for my 4yr old> grandson who > takes iodine when he is with me. He takes the salt and> chewable vit. c, > and the selenium cap is tiny and he can swallow> it--- but I have no way > to get the magnesium down him. Tried> breaking open my capsules and > mixing the powder with various stuff,> but too much trauma to get it down > him. > Did someone say NOT to use> magnesium oil? I thought something was said > about it containing> bromide? > Thanks for your help. > Debbie >> > > > > ------------------------------------

> > Owner: Buist, ND HC> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group > IodineOT/> > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

ancient minerals uses mag chloride. are you sure it is oxide?

Gracia

I just got this product (Ancient Minerals Ultra Pure Magnesium) and the type is mag oxide and I thought someone here mentioned that is the cheap type and not bioavailable...Just wondering how it's a good product then?? ThanksSAJ

Magnesium oil is a very fine product. You can get it from Swansons Vitamins for far less than the other name brand, and it's from the same source.--

On 23 Jan 2012 at 21:44, Linn wrote:> Maybe try some magnesium powder, there's not much taste at all mixed> in water or anything else you want, in fact it's kinda sweet. Natural> Calm makes several flavors of magnesium. > > Linn> Moderator> > > > > I want to buy some magnesium oil / spray for my 4yr old> grandson who > takes iodine when he is with me. He takes the salt and> chewable vit. c, > and the selenium cap is tiny and he can swallow> it--- but I have no way > to get the magnesium down him. Tried> breaking open my capsules and > mixing the powder with various stuff,> but too much trauma to get it down > him. > Did someone say NOT to use> magnesium oil? I thought something was said > about it containing> bromide? > Thanks for your help. > Debbie >> > > > > ------------------------------------

> > Owner: Buist, ND HC> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group > IodineOT/> > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

My bottle says Chloride...  I love the stuff!

Gracia wrote:

ancient

minerals uses mag chloride.  are you sure it is oxide?

Gracia

I just got this product (Ancient

Minerals Ultra Pure Magnesium) and the type is mag oxide

and I thought someone here mentioned that is the cheap type and not

bioavailable...Just wondering how it's a good product then?? Thanks

SAJ

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM,

Baker <vbaker@...> wrote:

Magnesium oil is a very fine product. You can get it from

Swansons Vitamins for far

--

> Maybe try some magnesium powder, there's not much taste at all

mixed

> in water or anything else you want, in fact it's kinda sweet.

Natural

>

> Linn

> Moderator

>

> > > > I want to buy some magnesium oil / spray for

my 4yr old

> grandson who > takes iodine when he is with me. He takes the

salt and

> chewable vit. c, > and the selenium cap is tiny and he can

swallow

> breaking open my capsules and > mixing the powder with various

stuff,

> but too much trauma to get it down > him. > Did someone say

NOT to use

> magnesium oil? I thought something was said > about it

containing

>

>

>

>

>

>

> IodineOT/

>

>

> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

Folks I am soo sorry about the confusion..Think I jumped the gun..I just re-read the ingredients on the bottle i have and indeed it is mag chloride and not oxide.. Thanks and will use this cadallic on full rev :-)

SAJOn Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Gracia <circe@...> wrote:

ancient minerals uses mag chloride.  are you sure it is oxide?

Gracia 

> > Owner: Buist, ND HC> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group > IodineOT/> > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2

> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

I use this one

http://www.ntshealth.com.au/magnesium-oil.html

Its brilliant and looks pure too, from the information

:)

> > > I want to buy some magnesium oil / spray for my

> > 4yr old

> > > grandson who > takes iodine when he is with me. He takes the

> > salt and

> > > chewable vit. c, > and the selenium cap is tiny and he can

> > swallow

> > > it--- but I have no way > to get the magnesium down him. Tried

> > > breaking open my capsules and > mixing the powder with

> > various stuff,

> > > but too much trauma to get it down > him. > Did someone say

> > NOT to use

> > > magnesium oil? I thought something was said > about it

> > containing

> > > bromide? > Thanks for your help. > Debbie >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------------------------------

> >

> > >

> > > Owner: Buist, ND HC

> > > Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn

> >

> > >

> > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

> > > IodineOT/

> > >

> > >

> > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)

> > >

> >

iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2

> > > 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

What about this one (Dr. Barbara Hendel's Magnesium Oil sold by Swanson) instead of Ancient Minerals (it is less expensive but from the same seabed):

http://tinyurl.com/7xfy2vk

It's $14 with shipping while Ancient Minerals is $24 and eligible for free shipping.

I'm about to order it so any insight is appreciated. One question though: If you are using the sprays how do you calculate how many sprays to equal the recommended amount for iodine companion nutrient?

Thanks,

Beth

> > > >> > Magnesium oil is a very fine product. You can get it from> > Swansons Vitamins for far> > less than the other name brand, and it's from the same source.> >> > --> >> >> >> > On 23 Jan 2012 at 21:44, Linn wrote:> >> > > Maybe try some magnesium powder, there's not much taste at> > all mixed> > > in water or anything else you want, in fact it's kinda> > sweet. Natural> > > Calm makes several flavors of magnesium.> > >> > > Linn> > > Moderator> > >> > > > > > I want to buy some magnesium oil / spray for my> > 4yr old> > > grandson who > takes iodine when he is with me. He takes the> > salt and> > > chewable vit. c, > and the selenium cap is tiny and he can> > swallow> > > it--- but I have no way > to get the magnesium down him. Tried> > > breaking open my capsules and > mixing the powder with> > various stuff,> > > but too much trauma to get it down > him. > Did someone say> > NOT to use> > > magnesium oil? I thought something was said > about it> > containing> > > bromide? > Thanks for your help. > Debbie >> > >

I use that same spray. Directions are on the bottle about how many sprays. From: BJDMohr <jdeamohr1@...>iodine Sent: Fri, February 3, 2012 7:58:24 AMSubject: Re: Magnesium Oil/ spray

What about this one (Dr. Barbara Hendel's Magnesium Oil sold by Swanson) instead of Ancient Minerals (it is less expensive but from the same seabed):

It's $14 with shipping while Ancient Minerals is $24 and eligible for free shipping.

I'm about to order it so any insight is appreciated. One question though: If you are using the sprays how do you calculate how many sprays to equal the recommended amount for iodine companion nutrient?

Thanks,

Beth

> > > >> > Magnesium oil is a very fine product. You can get it from> > Swansons Vitamins for far> > less than the other name brand, and it's from the same source.> >> > --> >> >> >> > On 23 Jan 2012 at 21:44, Linn wrote:> >> > > Maybe try some magnesium powder, there's not much taste at> > all mixed> > > in water or anything else you want, in fact it's kinda> > sweet. Natural> > > Calm makes several flavors of magnesium.> > >> > > Linn> > > Moderator> > >> > > > > > I want to buy some magnesium oil / spray for my> > 4yr old> > > grandson who > takes iodine when he is with me. He takes the> > salt and> > > chewable vit. c, > and the selenium cap is tiny and he can> > swallow> > > it--- but I have no way > to get the magnesium down him. Tried> > > breaking open my capsules and > mixing the powder with> > various stuff,> > > but too much trauma to get it down > him. > Did someone say> > NOT to use> > > magnesium oil? I thought something was said > about it> > containing> > > bromide? > Thanks for your help. > Debbie >> > >

This is the mag oil I buy. It comes from the same source as those other expensive brands.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/Search?keyword=magnesium+oil & doSearch=true & ntt= & n=0 & ntk=Level1 & x=0 & y=0

--

On 2 Feb 2012 at 22:47, natalie wrote:

> I use this one

> http://www.ntshealth.com.au/magnesium-oil.html

>

> Its brilliant and looks pure too, from the information

> :)

>

>

> > > > I want to buy some magnesium oil / spray

> > > > for my

> > > 4yr old

> > > > grandson who > takes iodine when he is with me. He takes

> > > > the

> > > salt and

> > > > chewable vit. c, > and the selenium cap is tiny and he

> > > > can

> > > swallow

> > > > it--- but I have no way > to get the magnesium down him.

> > > > Tried breaking open my capsules and > mixing the powder

> > > > with

> > > various stuff,

> > > > but too much trauma to get it down > him. > Did someone

> > > > say

> > > NOT to use

> > > > magnesium oil? I thought something was said > about it

> > > containing

> > > > bromide? > Thanks for your help. > Debbie >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > ------------------------------------

> > >

> > > >

> > > > Owner: Buist, ND HC

> > > > Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler,

> > > > Linn

> > >

> > > >

> > > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

> > > > IodineOT/

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)

> > > >

> > > iodine/files/01%20NEW

> > > %20MEMBERS%2

> > > > 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

Beth,Magnesium oil has worked for me. I had severe back pain.I tried the recommended amount. No luckSo going way beyond the spray recommendations on thebottle it worked. The next day pain free and since 5 months on.I use it daily.My query is how can you ever know what one's magnesium status is,since serum blood tests only represent 1% of the total amount in the bodyditto with calcium, the 99% is in the muscles and tissues and bones supposedly.So a low value in the blood would suggest very low values availablefor release from the tissue ,muscles and bones?If the body takes the magnesium from the heart then arrythmia maybe the result.So you could have correct blood levels but arrythmia or more usuallycramps. This is how I found out. Perfect blood test. magnesium OK so no needto do anything about magnesium! Wrong.the doctor recommends a 24 hour test. a waste of time.IN the meantime I leaf through my books and decide on magnesiumand I haven't had that problem for

years.Of course magnesium deficiency manifests in a host of disordersfrom depression, to constipation to palpitations and on and on.Dr Carolyn Deans book "The Magnesium Miracle" is a goldmineof info...as most of us are deficient in this vital nutrient. From: DeNormandie <blessedark2010@...> iodine Sent: Friday, 3 February 2012, 18:30 Subject: Re: Re: Magnesium Oil/ spray

I use that same spray. Directions are on the bottle about how many sprays. From: BJDMohr <jdeamohr1@...>iodine Sent: Fri, February 3, 2012 7:58:24 AMSubject: Re: Magnesium Oil/ spray

Thanks,

Beth

,When you say you went way beyond the spray recs on the Ancient Minerals bottle,how much exactly did you use for your success?Theta> >> > > Maybe try some magnesium powder, there's not much taste at> > all mixed> > > in water or anything else you want, in fact it's kinda> > sweet. Natural> > > Calm makes several flavors of magnesium.> > >> > > Linn> > > Moderator> > >> > > > > > I want to buy some magnesium oil / spray for my> > 4yr old> > > grandson who > takes iodine when he is with me. He takes the> > salt and> > > chewable vit. c, > and the selenium cap is tiny and he can> > swallow> > > it--- but I have no way > to get the magnesium down him. Tried> > > breaking open my capsules and > mixing the powder with> > various stuff,> > > but too much trauma to get it down > him. > Did someone say> > NOT to use> > > magnesium oil? I thought something was said > about it> > containing> > > bromide? > Thanks for your help. > Debbie >> > >

Hi ,

I'm not Beth, but I just wanted to mention that you are right as my holistic

doctor always says that if your Mag level is in the low normal range (w/Mag RBC

blood test) then you are really at abnormal levels. (same w/calcium). He likes

mag levels to be >6.0 (range 4.2-6.8). Anything under 6.0 he considers too low

and usually recommends more mag. I get arrhythmia and muscle cramps with low mag

levels, so I always know when I need more mag and when that happens my blood

levels are usually in the 4.something range which is considered in the normal

range by most labs.

V

> > > I

> want to buy some magnesium oil / spray for my

> > > 4yr old

> > >

> > grandson who > takes iodine when he is with me. He takes the

> >

> > salt and

> > > > chewable vit. c, > and the selenium cap is

> tiny and he can

> > > swallow

> > > > it--- but I have no way

> > to get the magnesium down him. Tried

> > > > breaking open my

> capsules and > mixing the powder with

> > > various stuff,

> >

> > > but too much trauma to get it down > him. > Did someone

> say

> > > NOT to use

> > > > magnesium oil? I thought something

> was said > about it

> > > containing

> > > > bromide? >

> Thanks for your help. > Debbie >

> > >

> >

>

Hi All,I am on another natural health group and was given this link about making your own magnesium spray. Has anyone done this before? I also found magnesium chloride flakes at Swanson's which are much less than even the ones mentioned.

http://www.cheeseslave.com/how-to-make-magnesium-oil/

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU495/ItemDetail

On this other group there has also been discussion that people with Lyme Disease should not use magnesium as it may feed the bacteria. This is apparently controversial but one gal's doctor has his Lyme patients taking this form because he has seen Lymies who's numbers never go up on the sups, but their numbers climb quickly with the soda version of Mag. It does it as fast as the shots in his experience..

So since magnesium is one supporting supplement required for the iodine protocol it might be important to investigate.

in Alaska

That should have said " oral " magnesium may feed the Lyme bacteria . . .On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...> wrote:

Hi All,I am on another natural health group and was given this link about making your own magnesium spray. Has anyone done this before? I also found magnesium chloride flakes at Swanson's which are much less than even the ones mentioned.

http://www.cheeseslave.com/how-to-make-magnesium-oil/

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU495/ItemDetail

On this other group there has also been discussion that people with Lyme Disease should not use magnesium as it may feed the bacteria. This is apparently controversial but one gal's doctor has his Lyme patients taking this form because he has seen Lymies who's numbers never go up on the sups, but their numbers climb quickly with the soda version of Mag. It does it as fast as the shots in his experience..

So since magnesium is one supporting supplement required for the iodine protocol it might be important to investigate.

in Alaska