RemedySpot.com

Re: Still Sleepy! :(

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,I'm new to the Iodine group but not to natural health. With having jumped in dose that quickly and detoxing so strongly I am guessing that your body still has some catching up to do and I wouldn't expect you to feel better instantly. Our bodies can only handle so much detox at one time. I know that you want to feel good again, but you have to give your body time to heal. 

in AlaskaOn Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 7:08 AM, <tiffanyjpost@...> wrote:

So, I pulse dosed because I was getting some pretty heavy detox symptoms. I went from 37.5mg to 50mg to 75mg in about 4 days time and I felt the difference. In short, when I was taking below the 37.5mg, I felt awesome but wanted to speed things up a bit.

After i went up drastically, I had lots of fatigue and brain fog all over again (exactly what I had prior to Lugol's with the 'fibro' and 'CFS') so I stopped for 48 hours. I felt pretty weak and tired. Then, yesterday, I started over, taking 37.5mg and am still dragging. I feel pretty alert for about 30min to an hour after taking 12.5mg and then tired again until my next dose...and the cycle continues.

Coming from someone who was super excited about the energy and warmth and general feeling of well-being to begin with, I am a litte disappointed that I feel this way. i am taking all companions. i even cut back on a couple of things as Trapper suggested. I am doing the salt pushes as needed and drink a ton of water...sometimes with lemon.

If I am doing something wrong, tell me! If not and this is normal, someone please promise me that I will feel better again! I would love to feel like I did with my 1st couple of weeks of supplementing. I had life back in me. i wasn't a zombie anymore and I could move around like a toddler. Not to say I feel really bad or worse than before but not nearly as good as in the beginning.

But being on the protocol would def increase my chances of feel good again, right? I mean, being that I didn't initially have any harsh side effects and still don't have anything much worse than before starting...?Also, what would u recommend that I do regarding dosing? Cut back, push forward? Today, I went up to about 60mg. Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®From: Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...>Sender: iodine Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 08:51:48 -0900<iodine >Reply iodine Subject: Re: Still Sleepy! :( Hi ,I'm new to the Iodine group but not to natural health. With having jumped in dose that quickly and detoxing so strongly I am guessing that your body still has some catching up to do and I wouldn't expect you to feel better instantly. Our bodies can only handle so much detox at one time. I know that you want to feel good again, but you have to give your body time to heal.  in AlaskaOn Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 7:08 AM, <tiffanyjpost@...> wrote: So, I pulse dosed because I was getting some pretty heavy detox symptoms. I went from 37.5mg to 50mg to 75mg in about 4 days time and I felt the difference. In short, when I was taking below the 37.5mg, I felt awesome but wanted to speed things up a bit.After i went up drastically, I had lots of fatigue and brain fog all over again (exactly what I had prior to Lugol's with the 'fibro' and 'CFS') so I stopped for 48 hours. I felt pretty weak and tired. Then, yesterday, I started over, taking 37.5mg and am still dragging. I feel pretty alert for about 30min to an hour after taking 12.5mg and then tired again until my next dose...and the cycle continues.Coming from someone who was super excited about the energy and warmth and general feeling of well-being to begin with, I am a litte disappointed that I feel this way. i am taking all companions. i even cut back on a couple of things as Trapper suggested. I am doing the salt pushes as needed and drink a ton of water...sometimes with lemon.If I am doing something wrong, tell me! If not and this is normal, someone please promise me that I will feel better again! I would love to feel like I did with my 1st couple of weeks of supplementing. I had life back in me. i wasn't a zombie anymore and I could move around like a toddler. Not to say I feel really bad or worse than before but not nearly as good as in the beginning.

Honestly i find the more iodine i take the better...too a point...like i felt

horrible taking 24mg so i upped it to 75mg...then 100mg...felt amazing between

75-100mg then upped it again to 150mg and had mad detox side effects...but i

just pushed through it for a week and now i dont seem to feel any different then

normal...improved bowel movements are my biggest improvement to note...hands are

still cold though

knowing you felt good on a relatively low dose of 37mg though may tell you

that's your sweet spot for now though...depends if you have to do stuff...im off

work right now so i didnt have any responsibilities...if i did though 150mg

would of been to much for me a week back

Also note im pretty new to iodine supplementation although i have known about

the benefits for a few years ive just recently began using it right after

christmas time, so about a month.

Some more experienced members could probably give better advice.

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > So, I pulse dosed because I was getting some pretty heavy detox symptoms.

> > I went from 37.5mg to 50mg to 75mg in about 4 days time and I felt the

> > difference. In short, when I was taking below the 37.5mg, I felt awesome

> > but wanted to speed things up a bit.

> >

> > After i went up drastically, I had lots of fatigue and brain fog all over

> > again (exactly what I had prior to Lugol's with the 'fibro' and 'CFS') so I

> > stopped for 48 hours. I felt pretty weak and tired. Then, yesterday, I

> > started over, taking 37.5mg and am still dragging. I feel pretty alert for

> > about 30min to an hour after taking 12.5mg and then tired again until my

> > next dose...and the cycle continues.

> >

> > Coming from someone who was super excited about the energy and warmth and

> > general feeling of well-being to begin with, I am a litte disappointed that

> > I feel this way. i am taking all companions. i even cut back on a couple of

> > things as Trapper suggested. I am doing the salt pushes as needed and drink

> > a ton of water...sometimes with lemon.

> >

> > If I am doing something wrong, tell me! If not and this is normal, someone

> > please promise me that I will feel better again! I would love to feel like

> > I did with my 1st couple of weeks of supplementing. I had life back in me.

> > i wasn't a zombie anymore and I could move around like a toddler. Not to

> > say I feel really bad or worse than before but not nearly as good as in the

> > beginning.

> >

> >

>

Thanks for answering. Perfect testimony. One I can relate to and I'm just glad to know that there is indeed a sweet spot. I am at 62.5mg's for the last two days and yesterday was pretty bad but being that I dealt with constant pain and fatigue prior to starting for seven yrs, I could deal with it, work and all. Happy to say I woke up today with the spring back in my step and with a ton of energy like I did at 37mg. I think I have finally passed the first detox! I salted my way thru last night and it does help. :)I'm SO happy that I know first hand that it DOES get better. Now my husband is having pretty bad detox symptoms. :( time to go take care of my biggest baby. Thanks again!Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®From: "bd0789" <bd0789@...>Sender: iodine Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 18:10:23 -0000<iodine >Reply iodine Subject: Re: Still Sleepy! :( Honestly i find the more iodine i take the better...too a point...like i felt horrible taking 24mg so i upped it to 75mg...then 100mg...felt amazing between 75-100mg then upped it again to 150mg and had mad detox side effects...but i just pushed through it for a week and now i dont seem to feel any different then normal...improved bowel movements are my biggest improvement to note...hands are still cold thoughknowing you felt good on a relatively low dose of 37mg though may tell you that's your sweet spot for now though...depends if you have to do stuff...im off work right now so i didnt have any responsibilities...if i did though 150mg would of been to much for me a week backAlso note im pretty new to iodine supplementation although i have known about the benefits for a few years ive just recently began using it right after christmas time, so about a month.Some more experienced members could probably give better advice.> > > **> >> >> > So, I pulse dosed because I was getting some pretty heavy detox symptoms.> > I went from 37.5mg to 50mg to 75mg in about 4 days time and I felt the> > difference. In short, when I was taking below the 37.5mg, I felt awesome> > but wanted to speed things up a bit.> >> > After i went up drastically, I had lots of fatigue and brain fog all over> > again (exactly what I had prior to Lugol's with the 'fibro' and 'CFS') so I> > stopped for 48 hours. I felt pretty weak and tired. Then, yesterday, I> > started over, taking 37.5mg and am still dragging. I feel pretty alert for> > about 30min to an hour after taking 12.5mg and then tired again until my> > next dose...and the cycle continues.> >> > Coming from someone who was super excited about the energy and warmth and> > general feeling of well-being to begin with, I am a litte disappointed that> > I feel this way. i am taking all companions. i even cut back on a couple of> > things as Trapper suggested. I am doing the salt pushes as needed and drink> > a ton of water...sometimes with lemon.> >> > If I am doing something wrong, tell me! If not and this is normal, someone> > please promise me that I will feel better again! I would love to feel like> > I did with my 1st couple of weeks of supplementing. I had life back in me.> > i wasn't a zombie anymore and I could move around like a toddler. Not to> > say I feel really bad or worse than before but not nearly as good as in the> > beginning.> >> >>