RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: how to know if thyroid med is needed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Right. I didn't mean mask, per say. I didn't know how to word it so that one would understand. So the best thing to do is just go see the doc and get labs done? Noted. Thank u!Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®From: "Linn" <mwm1glm@...>Sender: iodine Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 01:45:00 -0000<iodine >Reply iodine Subject: Re: how to know if thyroid med is needed Some folks thyroids improve with iodine alone, for some iodine can allow them to wean off or reduce their thyroid meds and some may find a need for even more thyroid meds, it's all variable. If iodine improves your thyroid function, it is not masking it. If you've had normal labs in the past, it might behoove you to start working on detox issues, sluggish liver can account for the same type of symptoms as thyroid issues. At any rate, you would need labs to know anything.LinnModerator>> Hello again, > To make this short...I plan on finding a doctor who offers to write a script for a natural thyroid product and one that knows how to check for thyroid problems aside from just the standard labs. Being that I have been on iodine, would it improve my labs and symptoms so much as to mask any need for the NDT? Or would there be enough cause based on my symptoms at the very least to start me on something to see if i improve at all? > > I'm asking because my doc never did a FT3, only TSH and FT$ and even though my numbers were low enuf for concern once before, she did another test to confirm and that was " normal " according to her...even though I felt like death and it took all I had to drive the 25 minutes to see her. I was falling asleep and getting lost my entire ride to her but she could not care less..story of my life. I still have these symptoms but they are not as bad since iodine. I don't fall asleep driving but I still have periods of fatigue thru-out the day (these could be detox symptoms tho) altho there is some brain fog. I have not been DX'ed hypo but it does run thru my mom's side and I have major symptoms, including 20 lb weight gain in a couple of months for no reason, puffiness, swelling, muscle pain and fatigue....to the point that I was assumed to have fibromyalgia and CFS. Has anyone been in this situation before? Starting iodine and still winding up taking NDT after they started? I'm really not sure how bad my thyroid is and therefore, will not know to what extend the iodine will help it. I am all for helping it along so I am not trying to avoid it but I want my true condition to be evident when evaluated.> > Any help/advice you ladies can offer would be appreciated!>

Hi,You can get labs done on your own too. I use www.healthcheckusa.com all the time. My understanding is that some will be able to produce enough thyroid with just supporting nutrients (iodine, selenium, etc.). Others still need supplementation to have an optimal level of thyroid function.

in AlaskaOn Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 4:47 PM, <tiffanyjpost@...> wrote:

Right. I didn't mean mask, per say. I didn't know how to word it so that one would understand. So the best thing to do is just go see the doc and get labs done? Noted. Thank u!Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Sender: iodine

Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 01:45:00 -0000<iodine >Reply iodine

Subject: Re: how to know if thyroid med is needed

Some folks thyroids improve with iodine alone, for some iodine can allow them to wean off or reduce their thyroid meds and some may find a need for even more thyroid meds, it's all variable. If iodine improves your thyroid function, it is not masking it. If you've had normal labs in the past, it might behoove you to start working on detox issues, sluggish liver can account for the same type of symptoms as thyroid issues. At any rate, you would need labs to know anything.

Linn

>

> Hello again,

> To make this short...I plan on finding a doctor who offers to write a script for a natural thyroid product and one that knows how to check for thyroid problems aside from just the standard labs. Being that I have been on iodine, would it improve my labs and symptoms so much as to mask any need for the NDT? Or would there be enough cause based on my symptoms at the very least to start me on something to see if i improve at all?

>

> I'm asking because my doc never did a FT3, only TSH and FT$ and even though my numbers were low enuf for concern once before, she did another test to confirm and that was " normal " according to her...even though I felt like death and it took all I had to drive the 25 minutes to see her. I was falling asleep and getting lost my entire ride to her but she could not care less..story of my life. I still have these symptoms but they are not as bad since iodine. I don't fall asleep driving but I still have periods of fatigue thru-out the day (these could be detox symptoms tho) altho there is some brain fog. I have not been DX'ed hypo but it does run thru my mom's side and I have major symptoms, including 20 lb weight gain in a couple of months for no reason, puffiness, swelling, muscle pain and fatigue....to the point that I was assumed to have fibromyalgia and CFS. Has anyone been in this situation before? Starting iodine and still winding up taking NDT after they started? I'm really not sure how bad my thyroid is and therefore, will not know to what extend the iodine will help it. I am all for helping it along so I am not trying to avoid it but I want my true condition to be evident when evaluated.

>

> Any help/advice you ladies can offer would be appreciated!

>