RemedySpot.com

Re: My TSH results

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello ,

TSH is not a good test for thyroid function. The best tests for thyroid function are FreeT3 and FreeT4. When you post your test results, please also include the ranges for each test. Are these the only thyroid tests you had done? It is very hard to tell how your thyroid is doing by these two tests. If it were me, I would have my Free's tested; also by how you say you feel, I would guess you are hypo. But again, have your Free's tested and that along with your symptoms will give you the best picture.

Best,

-Kathleen

My TSH results

Just wanted to know what you guys thought as the numbers confuse me:November 2011:TSH - 1.640Free T4 - 1.21Would you consider this low? I can tell ya right now that I felt like total crap all day, every day! Maybe someone can break the numbers down for my specific results.

my apologies...The ranges are:

..45-4.5 TSH

..82-1.77 Free T4

I know that the Free T3 and Free T4 are best for testing but this is the only test the doc would do.  Dating back a year, my lab results were:

May  2010:

TSH - .801

July 2011:

TSH - .691

Free T4 - 1.01

November 2011:

TSH - 1.640

Free T4 - 1.21

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@...> wrote:

Hello ,

TSH is not a good test for thyroid function.  The best tests for thyroid function are FreeT3 and FreeT4. When you post your test results, please also include the ranges for each test.  Are these the only thyroid tests you had done? It is very hard to tell how your thyroid is doing by these two tests. If it were me, I would have my Free's tested; also by how you say you feel, I would guess you are hypo. But again, have your Free's tested and that along with your symptoms will give you the best picture.

Best,

-Kathleen

My TSH results

Just wanted to know what you guys thought as the numbers confuse me:November 2011:TSH - 1.640Free T4 - 1.21Would you consider this low? I can tell ya right now that I felt like total crap all day, every day! Maybe someone can break the numbers down for my specific results.

You need to have Free T3 because those numbers look like they could be "normal". Free T4 could probably be a bit higher - like 1.4. But the Free T3 really tells the tale. You can have normal looking TSH and Free T4 yet be very low in Free T3 which is the active metabolic hormone and this would signify a conversion problem (T4 to T3).

Buist, ND HC

My TSH results

And my doc seems to think that if the two she did are normal, there is no reason for. T3. I've asked twice. I need a new doc!Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®From: " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...>Sender: iodine Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:47:34 -0500<iodine >Reply iodine Subject: Re: My TSH results You need to have Free T3 because those numbers look like they could be "normal". Free T4 could probably be a bit higher - like 1.4. But the Free T3 really tells the tale. You can have normal looking TSH and Free T4 yet be very low in Free T3 which is the active metabolic hormone and this would signify a conversion problem (T4 to T3). Buist, ND HC My TSH results Just wanted to know what you guys thought as the numbers confuse me:November 2011:TSH - 1.640Free T4 - 1.21Would you consider this low? I can tell ya right now that I felt like total crap all day, every day! Maybe someone can break the numbers down for my specific results.

That's exactly what I would expect. Your TSH is increasing which stimulates your body to make more thyroglobulin. How much iodine are you on?

Buist, ND HC

My TSH results

Sorry I just answered the last post as if it was part of another persons - so ignore my comments. This is why we like to see history.

Yes I agree. You need a new doctor. Remember they work for you. Not the other way around. You do not exist to make them money.

Buist, ND HC

My TSH results

Is the history not showing when I reply from my blackberry? It wasn't intentional. SorrySent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®From: " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...>Sender: iodine Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:44:56 -0500<iodine >Reply iodine Subject: Re: My TSH results Sorry I just answered the last post as if it was part of another persons - so ignore my comments. This is why we like to see history. Yes I agree. You need a new doctor. Remember they work for you. Not the other way around. You do not exist to make them money. Buist, ND HC My TSH results Just wanted to know what you guys thought as the numbers confuse me:November 2011:TSH - 1.640Free T4 - 1.21Would you consider this low? I can tell ya right now that I felt like total crap all day, every day! Maybe someone can break the numbers down for my specific results.