RemedySpot.com

Re: pink himalyan salt

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i called one of the companies that retail himalayan pink salt to specifically

ask them about the mineral breakdown/nutritional profile of their product. the

answer i got was that it was " proprietary information " and they would not give

me anything further. i politely advised them that since they could provide me

with a list of the nutrients in their product, i would no longer purchase same.

the brand name is " fun fresh foods " . anja

>

>

>

>

>

> Does anyone know the iodine content in this? I've done lots of searching on

different sites and am getting conflicting information, ie one opinion is that

it's rich in iodine the other argument is that it isn't due to it's location

and that there isn't much iodine where it's sourced from. On another note am I

right in understanding pure sea salt that hasn't been chemically processed has

little iodine in it as it evaporates when dried in the sun? TIA Janet

>

Do not depend on the unrefined sea salt (from whatever source) for your iodine

supplementation. Just ignore the iodine content when figuring what your iodine

intake/supplementation is. There isn't enough iodine in any of the salts for

the purposes of

the iodine protocol.

--

On 8 Feb 2012 at 19:41, catdeveer wrote:

> i called one of the companies that retail himalayan pink salt to

> specifically ask them about the mineral breakdown/nutritional profile

> of their product. the answer i got was that it was " proprietary

> information " and they would not give me anything further. i politely

> advised them that since they could provide me with a list of the

> nutrients in their product, i would no longer purchase same. the

> brand name is " fun fresh foods " . anja

>

> > >

> > > > > Does anyone know the iodine content in this? I've done lots of

> searching on different sites and am getting conflicting information,

> ie one opinion is that it's rich in iodine the other argument is that

> it isn't due to it's location and that there isn't much iodine where

> it's sourced from. On another note am I right in understanding pure

> sea salt that hasn't been chemically processed has little iodine in it

> as it evaporates when dried in the sun? TIA Janet >

I bought the Himalayan pink sea salt but am not using it as I read that it had fluorides in it.Instead I'm using Celtic sea salt that is grey with white and black flecks in it. It's coarse and damp so I dry it out and then make a fine grind in my coffee grinder to put in the salt shaker.  One needs very little of this salt.

Peg

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 4:10 AM, Janet proctor <Proctja@...> wrote:

Does anyone know the iodine content in this? I've done lots of searching on different sites and am getting conflicting information, ie one opinion is that it's rich in iodine the other argument is that it isn't  due to it's location and that there isn't much iodine where it's sourced from.

On another note am I right in understanding pure sea salt that hasn't been chemically processed has little iodine in it as it evaporates when dried in the sun? TIA Janet

does drying the salt out not strip it of valuable components? i've read that healthy salt is supposed to be wet. On Feb 8, 2012, at 3.47 PM, Peggy Diamond wrote:

I bought the Himalayan pink sea salt but am not using it as I read that it had fluorides in it.Instead I'm using Celtic sea salt that is grey with white and black flecks in it. It's coarse and damp so I dry it out and then make a fine grind in my coffee grinder to put in the salt shaker. One needs very little of this salt.

Peg

Does anyone know the iodine content in this? I've done lots of searching on different sites and am getting conflicting information, ie one opinion is that it's rich in iodine the other argument is that it isn't due to it's location and that there isn't much iodine where it's sourced from.

On another note am I right in understanding pure sea salt that hasn't been chemically processed has little iodine in it as it evaporates when dried in the sun? TIA Janet

As far as I know the salt does not lose any of its valuable components when it dries out.

Kathleen

does drying the salt out not strip it of valuable components? i've read that healthy salt is supposed to be wet.

On Feb 8, 2012, at 3.47 PM, Peggy Diamond wrote:

I bought the Himalayan pink sea salt but am not using it as I read that it had fluorides in it.

Instead I'm using Celtic sea salt that is grey with white and black flecks in it. It's coarse and damp so I dry it out and then make a fine grind in my coffee grinder to put in the salt shaker. One needs very little of this salt.

Peg

Does anyone know the iodine content in this? I've done lots of searching on different sites and am getting conflicting information, ie one opinion is that it's rich in iodine the other argument is that it isn't due to it's location and that there isn't much iodine where it's sourced from. On another note am I right in understanding pure sea salt that hasn't been chemically processed has little iodine in it as it evaporates when dried in the sun? TIA Janet

lots of things have minute amounts of flouride in them.no problem. From: Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@...> iodine Sent: Thursday, 9 February 2012, 0:06 Subject: Re: pink himalyan salt

As far as I know the salt does not lose any of its valuable components when it dries out.

Kathleen

does drying the salt out not strip it of valuable components? i've read that healthy salt is supposed to be wet.

On Feb 8, 2012, at 3.47 PM, Peggy Diamond wrote:

I bought the Himalayan pink sea salt but am not using it as I read that it had fluorides in it.

Instead I'm using Celtic sea salt that is grey with white and black flecks in it. It's coarse and damp so I dry it out and then make a fine grind in my coffee grinder to put in the salt shaker. One needs very little of this salt.

Peg

Does anyone know the iodine content in this? I've done lots of searching on different sites and am getting conflicting information, ie one opinion is that it's rich in iodine the other argument is that it isn't due to it's location and that there isn't much iodine where it's sourced from. On another note am I right in understanding pure sea salt that hasn't been chemically processed has little iodine in it as it evaporates when dried in the sun? TIA Janet

Re the " florides " in Himalayan or other salts ...I believe I have read

an explanation before that there is a difference in our use of organic

vs. inorganic minerals such as the florides that have been added to

water which can become toxic overload. Someone more knowledgeable

though in the actual action of organic vs. inorganic would have to

answer for sure. Joyce Simmerman

Hi Joyce,

In the book, FLUORIDE, THE AGING FACTOR, http://www.amazon.com/Fluoride-Aging-Factor-Recognize-Devastating/dp/0913571032/ref=sr_1_1?s=books & ie=UTF8 & qid=1328983165 & sr=1-1

the author writes about some villages in Russia where the natural fluoride in the soil and water there is very high, and the people of the village age rapidly. Folks in their thirties, for example, have the skin (many wrinkles) and bones of 80 year olds. So from what I have read, fluoride is never something we want to be exposed to. Natural or not.

Kind regards,

Kathleen

Re the "florides" in Himalayan or other salts ...I believe I have read an explanation before that there is a difference in our use of organic vs. inorganic minerals such as the florides that have been added to water which can become toxic overload. Someone more knowledgeable though in the actual action of organic vs. inorganic would have to answer for sure. Joyce Simmerman