RemedySpot.com

Re: New Member -- my iodine level is high.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

-- Any thyroid illness or imbalance is a sign of lack of iodine.

The test they did for iodine is completely 100% invalid. Only the 24-hour urine

test is valid.

You don't have " too much " iodine. It's not possible to have " too much " because

any iodine

that the body can't utilize is harmlessly washed out in the urine.

It's not possible that you have sufficient iodine with that small amount of

supplementation

you were doing. Have you read the Guide to Supplementing that you received when

you

joined?

I give my animals iodine, a drop of Lugol's each, most days. I have one cat

that when I

started the iodine, he had serious dental issues which cleared up with the

iodine. I stopped

for a while, and the dental issues have returned. He's part of a group of

siblings I have that

have severe immune problems due to not receiving colostrum as newborns. Each of

them

has a different way that their immune system problems manifest. The iodine

keeps them

much healthier.

You need to be taking a lot more iodine than you're taking. Please see the

Guide for

information. Everyone in your family should be taking it as well. Because of

the toxic burden

of bromides that are ubiquitous in our environment, we all need more iodine than

ever to

counteract it.

--

On 10 Feb 2012 at 17:29, Fischbach wrote:

> I am a 71 year old woman in good health. We've been vegetarians for

> years.

>

> Recent routine blood work showed a TSH of 7.3. My doctor immediately

> prescribed synthroid, which I immediately refused. After some

> research, I asked for a prescription for Nature Thyroid, which I

> started this morning (wow, they are the tiniest pills I ever saw). I

> have no hypothyroid symptoms

>

> I requested an iodine test. My iodine level was 123.3 with a range of

> 40-92. I received this by phone, so this is all I know. The doctor

> wants to retest in 6 weeks; I will ask for more than just TSH.

>

> Prior to this I was taking 8 kelp tablets a day (225 mcg each), and

> for a week had been taking a drop of iosol iodine; I've stopped taking

> these. We drink filtered well water (no fluoride or chlorine), and

> use non-fluoridated toothpaste.

>

> Should I be concerned about the elevated iodine? How long will it

> take to normalize?

>

> I have a big learning curve. My only knowledge of thyroid problems is

> 2 cats who were hyper-T and were treated with radio-active iodine.

> One then became hypo-T, and is now on thyroid supplements.

>

> Thank you,

>

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Owner: Buist, ND HC

> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn

>

> All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

> IodineOT/

>

>

> The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)

> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2

> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

Are you sure they are Naturethroid? Synthoid is tiny but Naturethroid is

about the size of an Ibruprofen tablet. I would check the bottle and make

sure he did give you naturethroid. Sorry to but in: Concerned me, I had a

doctor switch on me once.

Re: New Member -- my iodine level is high.

>

> -- Any thyroid illness or imbalance is a sign of lack of iodine.

>

> The test they did for iodine is completely 100% invalid. Only the 24-hour

> urine test is valid.

> You don't have " too much " iodine. It's not possible to have " too much "

> because any iodine

> that the body can't utilize is harmlessly washed out in the urine.

>

> It's not possible that you have sufficient iodine with that small amount

> of supplementation

> you were doing. Have you read the Guide to Supplementing that you

> received when you

> joined?

>

> I give my animals iodine, a drop of Lugol's each, most days. I have one

> cat that when I

> started the iodine, he had serious dental issues which cleared up with the

> iodine. I stopped

> for a while, and the dental issues have returned. He's part of a group of

> siblings I have that

> have severe immune problems due to not receiving colostrum as newborns.

> Each of them

> has a different way that their immune system problems manifest. The

> iodine keeps them

> much healthier.

>

> You need to be taking a lot more iodine than you're taking. Please see

> the Guide for

> information. Everyone in your family should be taking it as well.

> Because of the toxic burden

> of bromides that are ubiquitous in our environment, we all need more

> iodine than ever to

> counteract it.

>

> --

> moderator

>

>

>

> On 10 Feb 2012 at 17:29, Fischbach wrote:

>

>> I am a 71 year old woman in good health. We've been vegetarians for

>> years.

>>

>> Recent routine blood work showed a TSH of 7.3. My doctor immediately

>> prescribed synthroid, which I immediately refused. After some

>> research, I asked for a prescription for Nature Thyroid, which I

>> started this morning (wow, they are the tiniest pills I ever saw). I

>> have no hypothyroid symptoms

>>

>> I requested an iodine test. My iodine level was 123.3 with a range of

>> 40-92. I received this by phone, so this is all I know. The doctor

>> wants to retest in 6 weeks; I will ask for more than just TSH.

>>

>> Prior to this I was taking 8 kelp tablets a day (225 mcg each), and

>> for a week had been taking a drop of iosol iodine; I've stopped taking

>> these. We drink filtered well water (no fluoride or chlorine), and

>> use non-fluoridated toothpaste.

>>

>> Should I be concerned about the elevated iodine? How long will it

>> take to normalize?

>>

>> I have a big learning curve. My only knowledge of thyroid problems is

>> 2 cats who were hyper-T and were treated with radio-active iodine.

>> One then became hypo-T, and is now on thyroid supplements.

>>

>> Thank you,

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> ------------------------------------

>>

>> Owner: Buist, ND HC

>> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn

>>

>> All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

>> IodineOT/

>>

>>

>> The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)

>> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2

>> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

Please forgive this question, because it came straight from the adrenal group, which I just joined, and I know they are not fans of iodine and have been groaned about on this list many times. But they said something I don't know the answer to. Does iodine stimulate the thyroid to produce hormones? So if you had Hashis (which I don't know if I do), is it bad to stimulate the thyroid to produce hormone? Do a large percentage of people who are hypo have Hashis?Does low iron suggest that you are producing rT3? My iron recently went low and I haven't been able to get the rT3 tested or any antibodies (my doc is really relaxed about that stuff). My thyroid has been low, too, and we're trying to increase my Naturethroid. They've just got me a little worried, and gave me that line about how my thyroid med has all the iodine my thyroid needs. I know other organs in the body need it too, but anyway....Sorry, this question probably annoys you, but just want it clear in my mind.... AngieOn Feb 10, 2012, at 5:53 PM, Baker wrote: -- Any thyroid illness or imbalance is a sign of lack of iodine. The test they did for iodine is completely 100% invalid. Only the 24-hour urine test is valid. You don't have "too much" iodine. It's not possible to have "too much" because any iodine that the body can't utilize is harmlessly washed out in the urine. It's not possible that you have sufficient iodine with that small amount of supplementation you were doing. Have you read the Guide to Supplementing that you received when you joined? I give my animals iodine, a drop of Lugol's each, most days. I have one cat that when I started the iodine, he had serious dental issues which cleared up with the iodine. I stopped for a while, and the dental issues have returned. He's part of a group of siblings I have that have severe immune problems due to not receiving colostrum as newborns. Each of them has a different way that their immune system problems manifest. The iodine keeps them much healthier. You need to be taking a lot more iodine than you're taking. Please see the Guide for information. Everyone in your family should be taking it as well. Because of the toxic burden of bromides that are ubiquitous in our environment, we all need more iodine than ever to counteract it. -- moderator On 10 Feb 2012 at 17:29, Fischbach wrote: > I am a 71 year old woman in good health. We've been vegetarians for > years. > > Recent routine blood work showed a TSH of 7.3. My doctor immediately > prescribed synthroid, which I immediately refused. After some > research, I asked for a prescription for Nature Thyroid, which I > started this morning (wow, they are the tiniest pills I ever saw). I > have no hypothyroid symptoms > > I requested an iodine test. My iodine level was 123.3 with a range of > 40-92. I received this by phone, so this is all I know. The doctor > wants to retest in 6 weeks; I will ask for more than just TSH. > > Prior to this I was taking 8 kelp tablets a day (225 mcg each), and > for a week had been taking a drop of iosol iodine; I've stopped taking > these. We drink filtered well water (no fluoride or chlorine), and > use non-fluoridated toothpaste. > > Should I be concerned about the elevated iodine? How long will it > take to normalize? > > I have a big learning curve. My only knowledge of thyroid problems is > 2 cats who were hyper-T and were treated with radio-active iodine. > One then became hypo-T, and is now on thyroid supplements. > > Thank you, > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Owner: Buist, ND HC > Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group > IodineOT/ > > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list) > iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2 > 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

,Look at your tablet, a Nature-Throid tablet should have a N on one side of it and a number on the other side to show the strength.Mine are from RCL Labs. Inc.Cave Creek, AZ 85331Do a google search for nature-throid or rcl labs for more info.A TSH that is as high as yours is a RED FLAG that more blood tests for your thyroid are needed.T4, T3, Free T4, Free T3, and r T3 to begin with, and may be a new doctor that knows more about treating thyroid problems, knows something about using Lugol's Iodine.Have been to 5 doctors and 3 endocrinologists, only one of the doctorsknew anything about Iodine, and had me start on Lugol's.Didn't know much about Iodine and how important it is until I joined this group last

year, also last year (lef.org ) had a good article about the importance of Iodine.Found out I had a Thyroid problem when I had some other health issues in 2006.Bottom Line, you need to know as much as possible about you health conditions to know the best treatment, don't just take the first pill the doctor pulls out of his bag, or samples some drug rep gave him last week on his monthly sales trip.You won't find Drug Co. sales reps leaving samples of Lugol's Iodine.kmk From:

Fischbach <fischbl@...>Subject: New Member -- my iodine level is high.iodine Date: Friday, February 10, 2012, 2:29 PM

I am a 71 year old woman in good health. We've been vegetarians for years.

Recent routine blood work showed a TSH of 7.3. My doctor immediately

prescribed synthroid, which I immediately refused. After some research, I

asked for a prescription for Nature Thyroid, which I started this morning

(wow, they are the tiniest pills I ever saw). I have no hypothyroid

symptoms

I requested an iodine test. My iodine level was 123.3 with a range of

40-92. I received this by phone, so this is all I know. The doctor wants

to retest in 6 weeks; I will ask for more than just TSH.

Prior to this I was taking 8 kelp tablets a day (225 mcg each), and for a

week had been taking a drop of iosol iodine; I've stopped taking these. We

drink filtered well water (no fluoride or chlorine), and use non-fluoridated

toothpaste.

Should I be concerned about the elevated iodine? How long will it take to

normalize?

I have a big learning curve. My only knowledge of thyroid problems is 2

cats who were hyper-T and were treated with radio-active iodine. One then

became hypo-T, and is now on thyroid supplements.

Thank you,

It sounds like she was prescribed a 1/4 gr tablet. They are very small. My son takes 2 1/4 gr so I know how big they are.

Buist, ND HC

New Member -- my iodine level is high.iodine Date: Friday, February 10, 2012, 2:29 PM

I am a 71 year old woman in good health. We've been vegetarians for years.Recent routine blood work showed a TSH of 7.3. My doctor immediately prescribed synthroid, which I immediately refused. After some research, I asked for a prescription for Nature Thyroid, which I started this morning (wow, they are the tiniest pills I ever saw). I have no hypothyroid symptomsI requested an iodine test. My iodine level was 123.3 with a range of 40-92. I received this by phone, so this is all I know. The doctor wants to retest in 6 weeks; I will ask for more than just TSH.Prior to this I was taking 8 kelp tablets a day (225 mcg each), and for a week had been taking a drop of iosol iodine; I've stopped taking these. We drink filtered well water (no fluoride or chlorine), and use non-fluoridated toothpaste.Should I be concerned about the elevated iodine? How long will it take to normalize?I have a big learning curve. My only knowledge of thyroid problems is 2 cats who were hyper-T and were treated with radio-active iodine. One then became hypo-T, and is now on thyroid supplements.Thank you,

We get 30 mg Naturethroid and 65 mg naturethroid. The 30 mg is very tiny, and while the 65 mg is larger, it still is not the size of an Ibruprofen tablet. Maybe you are taking a higher strength and YOUR tablets are bigger. Please be specific in what strength you are talking about, so members aren’t scared unnecessarily. Donna in IL Are you sure they are Naturethroid? Synthoid is tiny but Naturethroid is about the size of an Ibruprofen tablet. I would check the bottle and make sure he did give you naturethroid. Sorry to but in: Concerned me, I had a doctor switch on me once. Re: New Member -- my iodine level is high.>> -- Any thyroid illness or imbalance is a sign of lack of iodine.>> The test they did for iodine is completely 100% invalid. Only the 24-hour > urine test is valid.> You don't have " too much " iodine. It's not possible to have " too much " > because any iodine> that the body can't utilize is harmlessly washed out in the urine.>> It's not possible that you have sufficient iodine with that small amount > of supplementation> you were doing. Have you read the Guide to Supplementing that you > received when you> joined?>> I give my animals iodine, a drop of Lugol's each, most days. I have one > cat that when I> started the iodine, he had serious dental issues which cleared up with the > iodine. I stopped> for a while, and the dental issues have returned. He's part of a group of > siblings I have that> have severe immune problems due to not receiving colostrum as newborns. > Each of them> has a different way that their immune system problems manifest. The > iodine keeps them> much healthier.>> You need to be taking a lot more iodine than you're taking. Please see > the Guide for> information. Everyone in your family should be taking it as well. > Because of the toxic burden> of bromides that are ubiquitous in our environment, we all need more > iodine than ever to> counteract it.>> --> moderator>>>> On 10 Feb 2012 at 17:29, Fischbach wrote:>>> I am a 71 year old woman in good health. We've been vegetarians for>> years.>>>> Recent routine blood work showed a TSH of 7.3. My doctor immediately>> prescribed synthroid, which I immediately refused. After some>> research, I asked for a prescription for Nature Thyroid, which I>> started this morning (wow, they are the tiniest pills I ever saw). I>> have no hypothyroid symptoms>>>> I requested an iodine test. My iodine level was 123.3 with a range of>> 40-92. I received this by phone, so this is all I know. The doctor>> wants to retest in 6 weeks; I will ask for more than just TSH.>>>> Prior to this I was taking 8 kelp tablets a day (225 mcg each), and>> for a week had been taking a drop of iosol iodine; I've stopped taking>> these. We drink filtered well water (no fluoride or chlorine), and>> use non-fluoridated toothpaste.>>>> Should I be concerned about the elevated iodine? How long will it>> take to normalize?>>>> I have a big learning curve. My only knowledge of thyroid problems is>> 2 cats who were hyper-T and were treated with radio-active iodine.>> One then became hypo-T, and is now on thyroid supplements.>>>> Thank you,>>>> >>>>>>>> ------------------------------------>>>> Owner: Buist, ND HC>> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn >>>> All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group>> IodineOT/>>>>>> The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)>> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2>> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

Hi Angie,I am confused by your subject line and your questions. How does the high iodine level fit with your questions about hashis and rT3? Thanks!Donna in IL, moderator From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of TottenSent: Friday, February 10, 2012 8:07 PMiodine Subject: Re: New Member -- my iodine level is high. Please forgive this question, because it came straight from the adrenal group, which I just joined, and I know they are not fans of iodine and have been groaned about on this list many times. But they said something I don't know the answer to. Does iodine stimulate the thyroid to produce hormones? So if you had Hashis (which I don't know if I do), is it bad to stimulate the thyroid to produce hormone? Do a large percentage of people who are hypo have Hashis? Does low iron suggest that you are producing rT3? My iron recently went low and I haven't been able to get the rT3 tested or any antibodies (my doc is really relaxed about that stuff). My thyroid has been low, too, and we're trying to increase my Naturethroid. They've just got me a little worried, and gave me that line about how my thyroid med has all the iodine my thyroid needs. I know other organs in the body need it too, but anyway.... Sorry, this question probably annoys you, but just want it clear in my mind.... Angie On Feb 10, 2012, at 5:53 PM, Baker wrote: -- Any thyroid illness or imbalance is a sign of lack of iodine.The test they did for iodine is completely 100% invalid. Only the 24-hour urine test is valid. You don't have " too much " iodine. It's not possible to have " too much " because any iodine that the body can't utilize is harmlessly washed out in the urine.It's not possible that you have sufficient iodine with that small amount of supplementation you were doing. Have you read the Guide to Supplementing that you received when you joined?I give my animals iodine, a drop of Lugol's each, most days. I have one cat that when I started the iodine, he had serious dental issues which cleared up with the iodine. I stopped for a while, and the dental issues have returned. He's part of a group of siblings I have that have severe immune problems due to not receiving colostrum as newborns. Each of them has a different way that their immune system problems manifest. The iodine keeps them much healthier.You need to be taking a lot more iodine than you're taking. Please see the Guide for information. Everyone in your family should be taking it as well. Because of the toxic burden of bromides that are ubiquitous in our environment, we all need more iodine than ever to counteract it.--moderatorOn 10 Feb 2012 at 17:29, Fischbach wrote:> I am a 71 year old woman in good health. We've been vegetarians for> years.> > Recent routine blood work showed a TSH of 7.3. My doctor immediately> prescribed synthroid, which I immediately refused. After some> research, I asked for a prescription for Nature Thyroid, which I> started this morning (wow, they are the tiniest pills I ever saw). I> have no hypothyroid symptoms> > I requested an iodine test. My iodine level was 123.3 with a range of> 40-92. I received this by phone, so this is all I know. The doctor> wants to retest in 6 weeks; I will ask for more than just TSH.> > Prior to this I was taking 8 kelp tablets a day (225 mcg each), and> for a week had been taking a drop of iosol iodine; I've stopped taking> these. We drink filtered well water (no fluoride or chlorine), and> use non-fluoridated toothpaste.> > Should I be concerned about the elevated iodine? How long will it> take to normalize?> > I have a big learning curve. My only knowledge of thyroid problems is> 2 cats who were hyper-T and were treated with radio-active iodine. > One then became hypo-T, and is now on thyroid supplements.> > Thank you,> > > > > > ------------------------------------> > Owner: Buist, ND HC> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group > IodineOT/> > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

I have the (1) grain 65mg. Sorry didn't mean to scare anyone. She said didn't want to take synthroid and they are small. I wasn't aware NT came in lower dosages. I was told they start at 65 mg and go up. Glad to know there is smaller doses.

Re: New Member -- my iodine level is high.>> -- Any thyroid illness or imbalance is a sign of lack of iodine.>> The test they did for iodine is completely 100% invalid. Only the 24-hour > urine test is valid.> You don't have "too much" iodine. It's not possible to have "too much" > because any iodine> that the body can't utilize is harmlessly washed out in the urine.>> It's not possible that you have sufficient iodine with that small amount > of supplementation> you were doing. Have you read the Guide to Supplementing that you > received when you> joined?>> I give my animals iodine, a drop of Lugol's each, most days. I have one > cat that when I> started the iodine, he had serious dental issues which cleared up with the > iodine. I stopped> for a while, and the dental issues have returned. He's part of a group of > siblings I have that> have severe immune problems due to not receiving colostrum as newborns. > Each of them> has a different way that their immune system problems manifest. The > iodine keeps them> much healthier.>> You need to be taking a lot more iodine than you're taking. Please see > the Guide for> information. Everyone in your family should be taking it as well. > Because of the toxic burden> of bromides that are ubiquitous in our environment, we all need more > iodine than ever to> counteract it.>> --> moderator>>>> On 10 Feb 2012 at 17:29, Fischbach wrote:>>> I am a 71 year old woman in good health. We've been vegetarians for>> years.>>>> Recent routine blood work showed a TSH of 7.3. My doctor immediately>> prescribed synthroid, which I immediately refused. After some>> research, I asked for a prescription for Nature Thyroid, which I>> started this morning (wow, they are the tiniest pills I ever saw). I>> have no hypothyroid symptoms>>>> I requested an iodine test. My iodine level was 123.3 with a range of>> 40-92. I received this by phone, so this is all I know. The doctor>> wants to retest in 6 weeks; I will ask for more than just TSH.>>>> Prior to this I was taking 8 kelp tablets a day (225 mcg each), and>> for a week had been taking a drop of iosol iodine; I've stopped taking>> these. We drink filtered well water (no fluoride or chlorine), and>> use non-fluoridated toothpaste.>>>> Should I be concerned about the elevated iodine? How long will it>> take to normalize?>>>> I have a big learning curve. My only knowledge of thyroid problems is>> 2 cats who were hyper-T and were treated with radio-active iodine.>> One then became hypo-T, and is now on thyroid supplements.>>>> Thank you,>>>> >>>>>>>> ------------------------------------>>>> Owner: Buist, ND HC>> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn >>>> All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group>> IodineOT/>>>>>> The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)>> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2>> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

Donna,It doesn't; my questions were about iodine in general relating to those things brought up on the adrenal group, and the post below had been talking about iodine levels, so it seemed OK to me to piggyback my questions on. I can repost them as a separate subject if you wish. -Angie On Feb 11, 2012, at 11:37 AM, Donna Iler wrote: Hi Angie,I am confused by your subject line and your questions. How does the high iodine level fit with your questions about hashis and rT3? Thanks!Donna in IL, moderator From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of TottenSent: Friday, February 10, 2012 8:07 PMiodine Subject: Re: New Member -- my iodine level is high. Please forgive this question, because it came straight from the adrenal group, which I just joined, and I know they are not fans of iodine and have been groaned about on this list many times. But they said something I don't know the answer to. Does iodine stimulate the thyroid to produce hormones? So if you had Hashis (which I don't know if I do), is it bad to stimulate the thyroid to produce hormone? Do a large percentage of people who are hypo have Hashis? Does low iron suggest that you are producing rT3? My iron recently went low and I haven't been able to get the rT3 tested or any antibodies (my doc is really relaxed about that stuff). My thyroid has been low, too, and we're trying to increase my Naturethroid. They've just got me a little worried, and gave me that line about how my thyroid med has all the iodine my thyroid needs. I know other organs in the body need it too, but anyway.... Sorry, this question probably annoys you, but just want it clear in my mind.... Angie On Feb 10, 2012, at 5:53 PM, Baker wrote: -- Any thyroid illness or imbalance is a sign of lack of iodine.The test they did for iodine is completely 100% invalid. Only the 24-hour urine test is valid. You don't have "too much" iodine. It's not possible to have "too much" because any iodine that the body can't utilize is harmlessly washed out in the urine.It's not possible that you have sufficient iodine with that small amount of supplementation you were doing. Have you read the Guide to Supplementing that you received when you joined?I give my animals iodine, a drop of Lugol's each, most days. I have one cat that when I started the iodine, he had serious dental issues which cleared up with the iodine. I stopped for a while, and the dental issues have returned. He's part of a group of siblings I have that have severe immune problems due to not receiving colostrum as newborns. Each of them has a different way that their immune system problems manifest. The iodine keeps them much healthier.You need to be taking a lot more iodine than you're taking. Please see the Guide for information. Everyone in your family should be taking it as well. Because of the toxic burden of bromides that are ubiquitous in our environment, we all need more iodine than ever to counteract it.--moderatorOn 10 Feb 2012 at 17:29, Fischbach wrote:> I am a 71 year old woman in good health. We've been vegetarians for> years.> > Recent routine blood work showed a TSH of 7.3. My doctor immediately> prescribed synthroid, which I immediately refused. After some> research, I asked for a prescription for Nature Thyroid, which I> started this morning (wow, they are the tiniest pills I ever saw). I> have no hypothyroid symptoms> > I requested an iodine test. My iodine level was 123.3 with a range of> 40-92. I received this by phone, so this is all I know. The doctor> wants to retest in 6 weeks; I will ask for more than just TSH.> > Prior to this I was taking 8 kelp tablets a day (225 mcg each), and> for a week had been taking a drop of iosol iodine; I've stopped taking> these. We drink filtered well water (no fluoride or chlorine), and> use non-fluoridated toothpaste.> > Should I be concerned about the elevated iodine? How long will it> take to normalize?> > I have a big learning curve. My only knowledge of thyroid problems is> 2 cats who were hyper-T and were treated with radio-active iodine. > One then became hypo-T, and is now on thyroid supplements.> > Thank you,> > > > > > ------------------------------------> > Owner: Buist, ND HC> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group > IodineOT/> > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

Yes, my pill has an N on one side, and a 025 (maybe 0.25) on the other side. A magnifying glass helped to read it. I plan to ask for additional blood tests when they run the next blood work. My physician’s assistant is willing to work with me.

I was originally prescribed synthroid, which I refused. (I also refused Lipitor for slightly high cholesterol), so I know about the medical profession and drug pushing. I avoid doctors if possible (this was my first blood test in 6 years). I found Nature Throid on my own, but the PA was fine with prescribing it.

I am researching, but instead of learning, it gets more confusing as the information from site to site conflicts.

When my husband had a stroke 5 years ago, I drove the doctors crazy with questions. One neurologist asked my husband if I ever stopped thinking; Bill said not since he’s known me. Bill was back to normal within 2 months, with minimal medication and a list of supplements I’d thoroughly researched.

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 10:52 PM

iodine

Subject: Re: New Member -- my iodine level is high.

,Look at your tablet, a Nature-Throid tablet should have a N on one side of it and a number on the other side to show the strength.Mine are from RCL Labs. Inc.Cave Creek, AZ 85331Do a google search for nature-throid or rcl labs for more info.A TSH that is as high as yours is a RED FLAG that more blood tests for your thyroid are needed.T4, T3, Free T4, Free T3, and r T3 to begin with, and may be a new doctor that knows more about treating thyroid problems, knows something about using Lugol's Iodine.Have been to 5 doctors and 3 endocrinologists, only one of the doctorsknew anything about Iodine, and had me start on Lugol's.Didn't know much about Iodine and how important it is until I joined this group last year, also last year (lef.org ) had a good article about the importance of Iodine.Found out I had a Thyroid problem when I had some other health issues in 2006.Bottom Line, you need to know as much as possible about you health conditions to know the best treatment, don't just take the first pill the doctor pulls out of his bag, or samples some drug rep gave him last week on his monthly sales trip.You won't find Drug Co. sales reps leaving samples of Lugol's Iodine.kmk

From: Fischbach <fischbl@...>Subject: New Member -- my iodine level is high.iodine Date: Friday, February 10, 2012, 2:29 PM

I am a 71 year old woman in good health. We've been vegetarians for years.Recent routine blood work showed a TSH of 7.3. My doctor immediately prescribed synthroid, which I immediately refused. After some research, I asked for a prescription for Nature Thyroid, which I started this morning (wow, they are the tiniest pills I ever saw). I have no hypothyroid symptomsI requested an iodine test. My iodine level was 123.3 with a range of 40-92. I received this by phone, so this is all I know. The doctor wants to retest in 6 weeks; I will ask for more than just TSH.Prior to this I was taking 8 kelp tablets a day (225 mcg each), and for a week had been taking a drop of iosol iodine; I've stopped taking these. We drink filtered well water (no fluoride or chlorine), and use non-fluoridated toothpaste.Should I be concerned about the elevated iodine? How long will it take to normalize?I have a big learning curve. My only knowledge of thyroid problems is 2 cats who were hyper-T and were treated with radio-active iodine. One then became hypo-T, and is now on thyroid supplements.Thank you,

I just picked up my Erfa. They're really small too.

Jaye

>

>

> From: Fischbach <fischbl@...>

> Subject: New Member -- my iodine level is high.

> iodine

> Date: Friday, February 10, 2012, 2:29 PM

>

>

>

> I am a 71 year old woman in good health. We've been vegetarians for

years.

>

> Recent routine blood work showed a TSH of 7.3. My doctor immediately

> prescribed synthroid, which I immediately refused. After some

research, I

> asked for a prescription for Nature Thyroid, which I started this

morning

> (wow, they are the tiniest pills I ever saw). I have no hypothyroid

> symptoms

>

> I requested an iodine test. My iodine level was 123.3 with a range

of

> 40-92. I received this by phone, so this is all I know. The doctor

wants

> to retest in 6 weeks; I will ask for more than just TSH.

>

> Prior to this I was taking 8 kelp tablets a day (225 mcg each), and

for a

> week had been taking a drop of iosol iodine; I've stopped taking

these. We

> drink filtered well water (no fluoride or chlorine), and use

non-fluoridated

> toothpaste.

>

> Should I be concerned about the elevated iodine? How long will it

take to

> normalize?

>

> I have a big learning curve. My only knowledge of thyroid problems

is 2

> cats who were hyper-T and were treated with radio-active iodine. One

then

> became hypo-T, and is now on thyroid supplements.

>

> Thank you,

>

>

>

Right. I take 3 grains of NatureTHroid and the tablet is large. Because this

is a natural,

dessicated thyroid product, you literally get more material for every jump in

strength. So the

3gr tab is 3 times the size of the 1 grain tab (unlike Western drugs where you

often can't see

any difference). You can't make a statement about the size of the tablet in

general.

--

On 11 Feb 2012 at 10:34, Donna Iler wrote:

>

>

>

>

> We get 30 mg Naturethroid and 65 mg naturethroid. The 30 mg is

> very tiny, and while the 65 mg is larger, it still is not the size

> of an Ibruprofen tablet. Maybe you are taking a higher strength

> and YOUR tablets are bigger. Please be specific in what strength

> you are talking about, so members aren´t scared unnecessarily.

>

> Donna in IL

>

>

> Are you sure they are Naturethroid? Synthoid is tiny but Naturethroid

> is about the size of an Ibruprofen tablet. I would check the bottle

> and make sure he did give you naturethroid. Sorry to but in: Concerned

> me, I had a doctor switch on me once.

>

> Re: New Member -- my iodine level is high.

>

> >

> > -- Any thyroid illness or imbalance is a sign of lack of

> > iodine.

> >

> > The test they did for iodine is completely 100% invalid. Only the

> > 24-hour urine test is valid. You don't have " too much " iodine. It's

> > not possible to have " too much " because any iodine that the body

> > can't utilize is harmlessly washed out in the urine.

> >

> > It's not possible that you have sufficient iodine with that small

> > amount of supplementation you were doing. Have you read the Guide to

> > Supplementing that you received when you joined?

> >

> > I give my animals iodine, a drop of Lugol's each, most days. I have

> > one cat that when I started the iodine, he had serious dental issues

> > which cleared up with the iodine. I stopped for a while, and the

> > dental issues have returned. He's part of a group of siblings I have

> > that have severe immune problems due to not receiving colostrum as

> > newborns. Each of them has a different way that their immune system

> > problems manifest. The iodine keeps them much healthier.

> >

> > You need to be taking a lot more iodine than you're taking. Please

> > see the Guide for information. Everyone in your family should be

> > taking it as well. Because of the toxic burden of bromides that are

> > ubiquitous in our environment, we all need more iodine than ever to

> > counteract it.

> >

> > --

> > moderator

> >

> >

> >

> > On 10 Feb 2012 at 17:29, Fischbach wrote:

> >

> >> I am a 71 year old woman in good health. We've been vegetarians for

> >> years.

> >>

> >> Recent routine blood work showed a TSH of 7.3. My doctor

> >> immediately prescribed synthroid, which I immediately refused.

> >> After some research, I asked for a prescription for Nature Thyroid,

> >> which I started this morning (wow, they are the tiniest pills I

> >> ever saw). I have no hypothyroid symptoms

> >>

> >> I requested an iodine test. My iodine level was 123.3 with a range

> >> of 40-92. I received this by phone, so this is all I know. The

> >> doctor wants to retest in 6 weeks; I will ask for more than just

> >> TSH.

> >>

> >> Prior to this I was taking 8 kelp tablets a day (225 mcg each), and

> >> for a week had been taking a drop of iosol iodine; I've stopped

> >> taking these. We drink filtered well water (no fluoride or

> >> chlorine), and use non-fluoridated toothpaste.

> >>

> >> Should I be concerned about the elevated iodine? How long will it

> >> take to normalize?

> >>

> >> I have a big learning curve. My only knowledge of thyroid problems

> >> is 2 cats who were hyper-T and were treated with radio-active

> >> iodine. One then became hypo-T, and is now on thyroid supplements.

> >>

> >> Thank you,

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> ------------------------------------

> >>

> >> Owner: Buist, ND HC

> >> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn

> >>

> >> All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

> >> IodineOT/

> >>

> >>

> >> The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)

> >> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBER

> >> S%2 0-%20READ%20FIRST/