> I have searched through the postings and the iodine4health site, but

> have found little concerning iodine supplementation and its effect (or

> lack thereof) on those with anemia. Has anyone had some experience

> with this? She also had " Roux- en-Y " bariatric surgery a few years

> ago, in case that makes a difference.

>

> I'm looking at preparing my own Lugol's solution for supplementation

> in my daily regimen to prevent/reverse male pattern baldness and was

> curious if it would benefit my wife as well.

>

> thanks,

> Tim in Michigan

>

>

>

>

Everyone needs iodine. It is an essential element, not an optional one. So, of

course, it will benefit all that ingest it, by definition. You can't live

without it. Helping your baldness is nice but it goes far beyond that. That

said, my hair loss after six months of 100+mg of iodine is way way down. The

other benefits though far outweigh that.

Here is a site that might help:

http://heartspring.net/anemia_symptoms_signs_treatments.html

People with that type of surgery are at risk for absorption issues. One of the

main ones is vitamin B-12, the lack of which causes pernicious anemia. It is

extremely important that she is getting it into her bloodstream in sufficient

amounts! Anyway, she needs to know her B-12 status first and that's done by a

blood test. Actually she needs to know her status wrt all the major indices: D3,

CRP, ferritin, T3, T4, etc. Life Extension Foundation has a sale now, for its

members, on its blood panel tests. I would talk to an adviser there about which

tests she should get in light of her operation. First year membership, $45,

include a lot of benefits. www.lef.org

Peace and gratitude, Dean

=========================================================

>

> I have searched through the postings and the iodine4health site, but have

found little concerning iodine supplementation and its effect (or lack thereof)

on those with anemia.  Has anyone had some experience with this? She also had

" Roux-en-Y " bariatric surgery a few years ago, in case that makes a difference.

>

>

> I'm looking at preparing my own Lugol's solution for supplementation in my

daily regimen to prevent/reverse male pattern baldness and was curious if it

would benefit my wife as well.

>

>

> thanks,

>      Tim in Michigan

>

My iron levels have gone low and I'm on 100 mg iodine/day. Should I reduce the iodine, say to 50 mg? I don't notice any difference from taking it, other than that my goiter and nodules aren't growing. -AngieOn Feb 9, 2012, at 11:43 PM, Baker wrote: Tim-- Everyone needs iodine for health, and almost no one gets enough, particularly because we are bombarded on a daily basis with toxic halides that mimic iodine in the body and cause disease. The only way out is supplementation. She will be a lot better equipped to fight the anemia if she isn't also severely deficient in this criticial nutrient. If the anemia is iron-related, there is a situation where taking iodine lowers iron levels. But nevertheless, she should take iodine (and companion nutrients) and live longer and better. -- On 9 Feb 2012 at 19:01, Gargamel DeLorean wrote: > > > > I have searched through the postings and the iodine4health site, but > have found little concerning iodine supplementation and its effect (or > lack thereof) on those with anemia. Has anyone had some experience > with this? She also had "Roux- en-Y" bariatric surgery a few years > ago, in case that makes a difference. > > I'm looking at preparing my own Lugol's solution for supplementation > in my daily regimen to prevent/reverse male pattern baldness and was > curious if it would benefit my wife as well. > > thanks, > Tim in Michigan > > > > -AngieHive mind level 5 worker: Honey producer

Excuse me for butting in but I want to be clear on the iron vs. Iodine issue. I'm taking 25 mg of Iodoral and planned to go up to 37.5 soon. I also have low iron and ferritin saturation which manifests itself in heart palls and skipped beats. I feel really good since I started the iodine and salt regimen two weeks ago but am getting a bit of the skipped heart beats again. I have a strong feeling this is a sign of my iron levels down. I take 10ml of Floradix. What should I do? Increase iron intake or lower iodine? I really want o be able to take more iodine.Sent from my iPadOn Feb 11, 2012, at 2:06 PM, Totten <afaltotten@...> wrote:

My iron levels have gone low and I'm on 100 mg iodine/day. Should I reduce the iodine, say to 50 mg? I don't notice any difference from taking it, other than that my goiter and nodules aren't growing. -AngieOn Feb 9, 2012, at 11:43 PM, Baker wrote: Tim-- Everyone needs iodine for health, and almost no one gets enough, particularly because we are bombarded on a daily basis with toxic halides that mimic iodine in the body and cause disease. The only way out is supplementation. She will be a lot better equipped to fight the anemia if she isn't also severely deficient in this criticial nutrient. If the anemia is iron-related, there is a situation where taking iodine lowers iron levels. But nevertheless, she should take iodine (and companion nutrients) and live longer and better. -- On 9 Feb 2012 at 19:01, Gargamel DeLorean wrote: > > > > I have searched through the postings and the iodine4health site, but > have found little concerning iodine supplementation and its effect (or > lack thereof) on those with anemia. Has anyone had some experience > with this? She also had "Roux- en-Y" bariatric surgery a few years > ago, in case that makes a difference. > > I'm looking at preparing my own Lugol's solution for supplementation > in my daily regimen to prevent/reverse male pattern baldness and was > curious if it would benefit my wife as well. > > thanks, > Tim in Michigan > > > > -AngieHive mind level 5 worker: Honey producer

=

Are you taking magnesium and the other companion nutrients that are recommended to take while taking iodine? I know for me, magnesium calms my heart and keeps it regular.

Kind regards,

Kathleen

Re: Iodine and Anemia

Excuse me for butting in but I want to be clear on the iron vs. Iodine issue. I'm taking 25 mg of Iodoral and planned to go up to 37.5 soon. I also have low iron and ferritin saturation which manifests itself in heart palls and skipped beats. I feel really good since I started the iodine and salt regimen two weeks ago but am getting a bit of the skipped heart beats again. I have a strong feeling this is a sign of my iron levels down. I take 10ml of Floradix. What should I do? Increase iron intake or lower iodine? I really want o be able to take more iodine.Sent from my iPad

On Feb 11, 2012, at 2:06 PM, Totten <afaltotten@...> wrote:

My iron levels have gone low and I'm on 100 mg iodine/day. Should I reduce the iodine, say to 50 mg? I don't notice any difference from taking it, other than that my goiter and nodules aren't growing. -Angie

On Feb 9, 2012, at 11:43 PM, Baker wrote:

Tim-- Everyone needs iodine for health, and almost no one gets enough, particularly because we are bombarded on a daily basis with toxic halides that mimic iodine in the body and cause disease. The only way out is supplementation. She will be a lot better equipped to fight the anemia if she isn't also severely deficient in this criticial nutrient.If the anemia is iron-related, there is a situation where taking iodine lowers iron levels. But nevertheless, she should take iodine (and companion nutrients) and live longer and better.--On 9 Feb 2012 at 19:01, Gargamel DeLorean wrote:> > > > I have searched through the postings and the iodine4health site, but> have found little concerning iodine supplementation and its effect (or> lack thereof) on those with anemia. Has anyone had some experience> with this? She also had "Roux- en-Y" bariatric surgery a few years> ago, in case that makes a difference.> > I'm looking at preparing my own Lugol's solution for supplementation> in my daily regimen to prevent/reverse male pattern baldness and was> curious if it would benefit my wife as well.> > thanks,> Tim in Michigan> > > >

-Angie

Hive mind level 5 worker: Honey producer

=

Yes, I am taking the companion nutrients but am worried what to do if my iron goes down further. I'm not taking potassium bc I didn't feel well taking it so I'm waiting until I get my blood tests done again. Sent from my iPadOn Feb 11, 2012, at 3:37 PM, "Kathleen Blake" <kathleenblake@...> wrote:

Are you taking magnesium and the other companion nutrients that are recommended to take while taking iodine? I know for me, magnesium calms my heart and keeps it regular.

Kind regards,

Kathleen

Excuse me for butting in but I want to be clear on the iron vs. Iodine issue. I'm taking 25 mg of Iodoral and planned to go up to 37.5 soon. I also have low iron and ferritin saturation which manifests itself in heart palls and skipped beats. I feel really good since I started the iodine and salt regimen two weeks ago but am getting a bit of the skipped heart beats again. I have a strong feeling this is a sign of my iron levels down. I take 10ml of Floradix. What should I do? Increase iron intake or lower iodine? I really want o be able to take more iodine.Sent from my iPad

My iron levels have gone low and I'm on 100 mg iodine/day. Should I reduce the iodine, say to 50 mg? I don't notice any difference from taking it, other than that my goiter and nodules aren't growing. -Angie

Tim-- Everyone needs iodine for health, and almost no one gets enough, particularly because we are bombarded on a daily basis with toxic halides that mimic iodine in the body and cause disease. The only way out is supplementation. She will be a lot better equipped to fight the anemia if she isn't also severely deficient in this criticial nutrient.If the anemia is iron-related, there is a situation where taking iodine lowers iron levels. But nevertheless, she should take iodine (and companion nutrients) and live longer and better.--On 9 Feb 2012 at 19:01, Gargamel DeLorean wrote:> > > > I have searched through the postings and the iodine4health site, but> have found little concerning iodine supplementation and its effect (or> lack thereof) on those with anemia. Has anyone had some experience> with this? She also had "Roux- en-Y" bariatric surgery a few years> ago, in case that makes a difference.> > I'm looking at preparing my own Lugol's solution for supplementation> in my daily regimen to prevent/reverse male pattern baldness and was> curious if it would benefit my wife as well.> > thanks,> Tim in Michigan> > > >

-Angie

=

Hi all,

I have been wondering if low iron whilst on iodine may have something to do with vitamin C.

I have noted that increasing vitamin C even through something as simple as drinking fresh juice with meals helps one get more iron from foods.

It seems that there may be competition for the vitamin C. Possibly one needs more than 2g/day in this case?

Tim-- Everyone needs iodine for health, and almost no one gets enough, particularly because we are bombarded on a daily basis with toxic halides that mimic iodine in the body and cause disease. The only way out is supplementation. She will be a lot better equipped to fight the anemia if she isn't also severely deficient in this criticial nutrient.If the anemia is iron-related, there is a situation where taking iodine lowers iron levels. But nevertheless, she should take iodine (and companion nutrients) and live longer and better.--< br> On 9 Feb 2012 at 19:01, Gargamel DeLorean wrote:> > > > I have searched through the postings and the iodine4health site, but> have found little concerning iodine supplementation and its effect (or> lack thereof) on those with anemia. Has anyone had some experience> with this? She also had "Roux- en-Y" bariatric surgery a few years> ago, in case that makes a difference.> > I'm looking at preparing my own Lugol's solution for supplementation> in my daily regimen to prevent/reverse male pattern baldness and was> curious if it would benefit my wife as well.> > thanks,> Tim in Michigan> > > >

-Angie

=

Just to butt in, I'm interested, Kathleen, I'm having a hard time finding a

decent magnesium. What kind do you use?

Thank you,

Sorry for butting in about that.

>

> >

> >

> >

> > I have searched through the postings and the iodine4health site, but

> > have found little concerning iodine supplementation and its effect (or

> > lack thereof) on those with anemia. Has anyone had some experience

> > with this? She also had " Roux- en-Y " bariatric surgery a few years

> > ago, in case that makes a difference.

> >

> > I'm looking at preparing my own Lugol's solution for supplementation

> > in my daily regimen to prevent/reverse male pattern baldness and was

> > curious if it would benefit my wife as well.

> >

> > thanks,

> > Tim in Michigan

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> -Angie

> Hive mind level 5 worker: Honey producer

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> =

>

Hi, thank you for the helpful info. I'm taking Vit.C but will increase a bit.Sent from my iPadOn Feb 11, 2012, at 4:52 PM, " Marsh" <hmarsh@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I have been wondering if low iron whilst on iodine may have something to do with vitamin C.

I have noted that increasing vitamin C even through something as simple as drinking fresh juice with meals helps one get more iron from foods.

It seems that there may be competition for the vitamin C. Possibly one needs more than 2g/day in this case?

Tim-- Everyone needs iodine for health, and almost no one gets enough, particularly because we are bombarded on a daily basis with toxic halides that mimic iodine in the body and cause disease. The only way out is supplementation. She will be a lot better equipped to fight the anemia if she isn't also severely deficient in this criticial nutrient.If the anemia is iron-related, there is a situation where taking iodine lowers iron levels. But nevertheless, she should take iodine (and companion nutrients) and live longer and better.--< br> On 9 Feb 2012 at 19:01, Gargamel DeLorean wrote:> > > > I have searched through the postings and the iodine4health site, but> have found little concerning iodine supplementation and its effect (or> lack thereof) on those with anemia. Has anyone had some experience> with this? She also had "Roux- en-Y" bariatric surgery a few years> ago, in case that makes a difference.> > I'm looking at preparing my own Lugol's solution for supplementation> in my daily regimen to prevent/reverse male pattern baldness and was> curious if it would benefit my wife as well.> > thanks,> Tim in Michigan> > > >

-Angie

=

=