Doctor in NYC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I just received the results of my daughter's (17 yrs old, enteropathic juvenile

rheumatoid arthritis)blood test:

TSH - 1.140 (0.70 - 5.70)

FT4 - 1.340 (0.80 - 1.90)

FT3 - 3.100 (4.80 - 6.00)!!

I'd like to find a doctor in the NYC area who prescribes desiccated thyroid.

I've checked all the lists of doctors, including those on the ACAM, AAEM, STTM,

and breastcancerchoices.org sites, but I'd really rather get a recommendation

based on personal experience. Can anyone out there suggest a doctor?

BTW, my daughter does take iodine (up to 37.5 mg) and the companion nutrients,

but I had her stop for about 1 1/2 weeks prior to her blood test to get a base

reading.

Thanks in advance for your help,

nne

The natural thyroid hormones group has a list of recommended Good Docs. There are 7 docs in the NYC area. You have to join the group to get the list. NaturalThyroidHormones/ MargeFrom: nne <rdifazio@...>iodine Sent: Sat, February 11, 2012 2:50:51 PMSubject: Doctor in NYC

I just received the results of my daughter's (17 yrs old, enteropathic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis)blood test:

TSH - 1.140 (0.70 - 5.70)

FT4 - 1.340 (0.80 - 1.90)

FT3 - 3.100 (4.80 - 6.00)!!

I'd like to find a doctor in the NYC area who prescribes desiccated thyroid. I've checked all the lists of doctors, including those on the ACAM, AAEM, STTM, and breastcancerchoices.org sites, but I'd really rather get a recommendation based on personal experience. Can anyone out there suggest a doctor?

BTW, my daughter does take iodine (up to 37.5 mg) and the companion nutrients, but I had her stop for about 1 1/2 weeks prior to her blood test to get a base reading.

Thanks in advance for your help,

nne

Thank you!

Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:18 PM

iodine

Subject: Re: Doctor in NYC

The natural thyroid hormones group has a list of recommended Good Docs. There are 7 docs in the NYC area. You have to join the group to get the list.

NaturalThyroidHormones/ Marge

From: nne <rdifazio@...>iodine Sent: Sat, February 11, 2012 2:50:51 PMSubject: Doctor in NYC

I just received the results of my daughter's (17 yrs old, enteropathic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis)blood test:TSH - 1.140 (0.70 - 5.70)FT4 - 1.340 (0.80 - 1.90)FT3 - 3.100 (4.80 - 6.00)!!I'd like to find a doctor in the NYC area who prescribes desiccated thyroid. I've checked all the lists of doctors, including those on the ACAM, AAEM, STTM, and breastcancerchoices.org sites, but I'd really rather get a recommendation based on personal experience. Can anyone out there suggest a doctor?BTW, my daughter does take iodine (up to 37.5 mg) and the companion nutrients, but I had her stop for about 1 1/2 weeks prior to her blood test to get a base reading.Thanks in advance for your help,nne

I have recommended:

Dr Caramagna DO

73 Floyd Pl Ste 1-AEast Norwich, NY 11732(516) 922-2157

I have chatted with him via e-mail and he seems very nice. He told me that Dr. Brownstein was his mentor when it came to iodine and natural thyroid hormone. I was encouraged by this. He is a GP and also a professor at the local college. So I think his office hours are part time. He is not in NYC but many travel to get to a good doctor.

I hope this helps!

Buist, ND HC

Doctor in NYC

I just received the results of my daughter's (17 yrs old, enteropathic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis)blood test:TSH - 1.140 (0.70 - 5.70)FT4 - 1.340 (0.80 - 1.90)FT3 - 3.100 (4.80 - 6.00)!!I'd like to find a doctor in the NYC area who prescribes desiccated thyroid. I've checked all the lists of doctors, including those on the ACAM, AAEM, STTM, and breastcancerchoices.org sites, but I'd really rather get a recommendation based on personal experience. Can anyone out there suggest a doctor?BTW, my daughter does take iodine (up to 37.5 mg) and the companion nutrients, but I had her stop for about 1 1/2 weeks prior to her blood test to get a base reading.Thanks in advance for your help,nne