RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Kelp Contamination

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks, Linn. I had a gal ask me as her toddler was eating large amounts of kelp. It wasn't for the iodine protocol.On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Linn <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

http://www.drbrownstein.com/blog.asp

Caution With Kelp Supplements

My research has shown that after testing over 4,000 patients for their Iodine levels, over 96% of those tested are significantly low in iodine. Many patients ask me if they can take kelp instead of iodine. The amount of iodine in kelp can be variable. Furthermore, I was always concerned that kelp supplements may contain toxic amounts of arsenic or halides. I have tested 2 kelp supplements and found very elevated arsenic levels in both items. Both of these products were marketed heavily and sales in the millions of dollars were reported. When I contacted he manufactures of these products, neither returned my phone calls. Remember, if kelp is grown in a polluted area of the ocean, it may contain elevated amounts of these pollutants. New research has validated my findings.

Researchers at the University of California/ found that eight out of nine kelp supplements contained abnormal levels of arsenic (Env. Health Perspectives, April, 2007). The researchers began to look at kelp supplements after a patient presented to the UC clinic with a myriad of complaints including memory loss, hair loss and fatigue. She was found to have very high arsenic levels which was traced to a kelp supplement she was taking. After stopping the kelp supplement, her arsenic levels gradually declined and her symptoms improved.

So, what can you do? IF you are low in iodine, take a pure iodine product that is not contaminated. Lugol's solution or tableted Lugol's solution (Iodoral®) have both proven safe and effective in my practice. Kelp can be an appropriate iodine source if the kelp has been tested and found free of toxic elements. I would be very cautious about taking a kelp supplement unless the manufacture is consistently testing the kelp for purity and consistency.

Linn

>

> Hi,

>

> Can someone point me in the direction of information on contamination of

> seaweed and why it isn't a good choice to eat?

>

> Thanks.

>

> in Alaska

>

It was actually roasted seaweed she was asking about. Would the arsenic caution also apply?Thanks.

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...> wrote:

Thanks, Linn. I had a gal ask me as her toddler was eating large amounts of kelp. It wasn't for the iodine protocol.

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Linn <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

My research has shown that after testing over 4,000 patients for their Iodine levels, over 96% of those tested are significantly low in iodine. Many patients ask me if they can take kelp instead of iodine. The amount of iodine in kelp can be variable. Furthermore, I was always concerned that kelp supplements may contain toxic amounts of arsenic or halides. I have tested 2 kelp supplements and found very elevated arsenic levels in both items. Both of these products were marketed heavily and sales in the millions of dollars were reported. When I contacted he manufactures of these products, neither returned my phone calls. Remember, if kelp is grown in a polluted area of the ocean, it may contain elevated amounts of these pollutants. New research has validated my findings.

Researchers at the University of California/ found that eight out of nine kelp supplements contained abnormal levels of arsenic (Env. Health Perspectives, April, 2007). The researchers began to look at kelp supplements after a patient presented to the UC clinic with a myriad of complaints including memory loss, hair loss and fatigue. She was found to have very high arsenic levels which was traced to a kelp supplement she was taking. After stopping the kelp supplement, her arsenic levels gradually declined and her symptoms improved.

So, what can you do? IF you are low in iodine, take a pure iodine product that is not contaminated. Lugol's solution or tableted Lugol's solution (Iodoral®) have both proven safe and effective in my practice. Kelp can be an appropriate iodine source if the kelp has been tested and found free of toxic elements. I would be very cautious about taking a kelp supplement unless the manufacture is consistently testing the kelp for purity and consistency.

Linn

>

> Hi,

>

>

> Thanks.

>

> in Alaska

>

Thank you!On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Linn <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

Yes

Linn

> >> >

> >> > Hi,

> >> >

> >> > Can someone point me in the direction of information on contamination of

> >> > seaweed and why it isn't a good choice to eat?

> >> >

> >> > Thanks.

> >> >

> >> > in Alaska

> >> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

>

The human body is very smart when allowed to be. The toddler is showing his

mother he

needs iodine.

--

On 9 Feb 2012 at 19:01, Hidden Jewel wrote:

>

>

>

> Thanks, Linn. I had a gal ask me as her toddler was eating large

> amounts of kelp. It wasn't for the iodine protocol.

>

>

>

>

>

> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Linn <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

>

>

>

> http://www.drbrownstein.com/blog.asp

>

> Caution With Kelp Supplements

>

> My research has shown that after testing over 4,000 patients for their

> Iodine levels, over 96% of those tested are significantly low in

> iodine. Many patients ask me if they can take kelp instead of iodine.

> The amount of iodine in kelp can be variable. Furthermore, I was

> always concerned that kelp supplements may contain toxic amounts of

> arsenic or halides. I have tested 2 kelp supplements and found very

> elevated arsenic levels in both items. Both of these products were

> marketed heavily and sales in the millions of dollars were reported.

> When I contacted he manufactures of these products, neither returned

> my phone calls. Remember, if kelp is grown in a polluted area of the

> ocean, it may contain elevated amounts of these pollutants. New

> research has validated my findings.

>

> Researchers at the University of California/ found that eight out

> of nine kelp supplements contained abnormal levels of arsenic (Env.

> Health Perspectives, April, 2007). The researchers began to look at

> kelp supplements after a patient presented to the UC clinic with

> a myriad of complaints including memory loss, hair loss and fatigue.

> She was found to have very high arsenic levels which was traced to a

> kelp supplement she was taking. After stopping the kelp supplement,

> her arsenic levels gradually declined and her symptoms improved.

>

> So, what can you do? IF you are low in iodine, take a pure iodine

> product that is not contaminated. Lugol's solution or tableted Lugol's

> solution (Iodoral®) have both proven safe and effective in my

> practice. Kelp can be an appropriate iodine source if the kelp has

> been tested and found free of toxic elements. I would be very cautious

> about taking a kelp supplement unless the manufacture is consistently

> testing the kelp for purity and consistency.

>

> Linn

> Moderator

>

>

> > > Hi, > > Can someone point me in the direction of

> information on contamination of > seaweed and why it isn't a good

> choice to eat? > > Thanks. > > in Alaska >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

what about Norwegian kelp? From: Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...> iodine Sent: Friday, 10 February 2012, 4:01 Subject: Re: Re: Kelp Contamination

Thanks, Linn. I had a gal ask me as her toddler was eating large amounts of kelp. It wasn't for the iodine protocol.On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Linn <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

Linn

>

> Hi,

>

>

> Thanks.

>

> in Alaska

>

Do we know if Dr. Brownstein has a financial relationship with the company that makes Iodoral?Also, kelp contains iodine, right...not iodide? Is iodide found in nature? Pardon my lack of chemistry background.

ShaunaOn Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Linn <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

Linn

Does anyone know of a manufacturer who consistently tests for arsenic and other

heavy metals and halides?

Re: Kelp Contamination

>

>

>

>http://www.drbrownstein.com/blog.asp

>

>

>Caution With Kelp Supplements

>

>My research has shown that after testing over 4,000 patients for their Iodine

levels, over 96% of those tested are significantly low in iodine. Many patients

ask me if they can take kelp instead of iodine. The amount of iodine in kelp can

be variable. Furthermore, I was always concerned that kelp supplements may

contain toxic amounts of arsenic or halides. I have tested 2 kelp supplements

and found very elevated arsenic levels in both items. Both of these products

were marketed heavily and sales in the millions of dollars were reported. When I

contacted he manufactures of these products, neither returned my phone calls.

Remember, if kelp is grown in a polluted area of the ocean, it may contain

elevated amounts of these pollutants. New research has validated my findings.

>

>Researchers at the University of California/ found that eight out of nine

kelp supplements contained abnormal levels of arsenic (Env. Health Perspectives,

April, 2007). The researchers began to look at kelp supplements after a patient

presented to the UC clinic with a myriad of complaints including memory

loss, hair loss and fatigue. She was found to have very high arsenic levels

which was traced to a kelp supplement she was taking. After stopping the kelp

supplement, her arsenic levels gradually declined and her symptoms improved.

>

>So, what can you do? IF you are low in iodine, take a pure iodine product that

is not contaminated. Lugol's solution or tableted Lugol's solution (Iodoral®)

have both proven safe and effective in my practice. Kelp can be an appropriate

iodine source if the kelp has been tested and found free of toxic elements. I

would be very cautious about taking a kelp supplement unless the manufacture is

consistently testing the kelp for purity and consistency.

>

>Linn

>Moderator

>

>

>>

>> Hi,

>>

>> Can someone point me in the direction of information on contamination of

>> seaweed and why it isn't a good choice to eat?

>>

>> Thanks.

>>

>> in Alaska

Thank you, Linn, I was hoping that was the case. Good to know.ShaunaOn Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM, Linn <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

Iodoral is manufactured by Optimox Corporation owned by Dr. Guy Abraham who also developed the iodine loading test. Dr. Brownstein has no financial interest in Iodoral or the lab that performs the loading test.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_267/ai_n15677770/pg_2/

Dr. Brownstein sells his books and supplements that can be found here:

https://www.drbrownstein.com/homePage.php

Linn

You need to contact the company and ask if they test for heavy metals.

Buist, ND HC

Re: Re: Kelp Contamination

Thanks, Linn. I had a gal ask me as her toddler was eating large amounts of kelp. It wasn't for the iodine protocol.

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Linn <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

http://www.drbrownstein.com/blog.aspCaution With Kelp SupplementsMy research has shown that after testing over 4,000 patients for their Iodine levels, over 96% of those tested are significantly low in iodine. Many patients ask me if they can take kelp instead of iodine. The amount of iodine in kelp can be variable. Furthermore, I was always concerned that kelp supplements may contain toxic amounts of arsenic or halides. I have tested 2 kelp supplements and found very elevated arsenic levels in both items. Both of these products were marketed heavily and sales in the millions of dollars were reported. When I contacted he manufactures of these products, neither returned my phone calls. Remember, if kelp is grown in a polluted area of the ocean, it may contain elevated amounts of these pollutants. New research has validated my findings.Researchers at the University of California/ found that eight out of nine kelp supplements contained abnormal levels of arsenic (Env. Health Perspectives, April, 2007). The researchers began to look at kelp supplements after a patient presented to the UC clinic with a myriad of complaints including memory loss, hair loss and fatigue. She was found to have very high arsenic levels which was traced to a kelp supplement she was taking. After stopping the kelp supplement, her arsenic levels gradually declined and her symptoms improved.So, what can you do? IF you are low in iodine, take a pure iodine product that is not contaminated. Lugol's solution or tableted Lugol's solution (Iodoral®) have both proven safe and effective in my practice. Kelp can be an appropriate iodine source if the kelp has been tested and found free of toxic elements. I would be very cautious about taking a kelp supplement unless the manufacture is consistently testing the kelp for purity and consistency.LinnModerator

>> Hi,> > Can someone point me in the direction of information on contamination of> seaweed and why it isn't a good choice to eat?> > Thanks.> > in Alaska>