RemedySpot.com

Re: Vitamin C allergy is there a replacement

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Most vitamin C is made from corn -- probably GMO corn.

Some people are allergic to corn.

Unlike " ascorbic acid " , the " mineral ascorbate " vitamin C is pH neutral.

Sodium ascorbate is the least expensive type of ascorbate:

see -

http://www.iherb.com/NutriBiotic-Sodium-Ascorbate-Crystalline-Powder-16-oz-454-g\

/10178

But " Liposomal vitamin C " is better, and it's actually less expensive

considering that it's absorbed far better:

see - http://www.letstalkhealth.com/Liposomal-Vitamin-C-16oz-p/624.htm

.... compare:

. 1,000 mg vitamin C tablet or capsule - Absorption 19% = 190 mg into blood

stream

. 1,000 mg liposomal vitamin C (1 tsp) - Absorption 93% = 930 mg into blood

stream

Someone would need to try each one, to uncover an " allergy " . But you

could ask, to learn if it's also made from corn ...or GMO corn, etc.

Bill

--- At 06:15 PM 09 02 2012, Milbank wrote:

>

>Hi I have a smoking friend and is just full of toxins is my guess she has been

interested in the iodine and does 2 drops each day 6 days a week and wants to

build up I have again told her she should be on the companion supplements but

she hasn't started as she has an allergy to vitamin c her face flares up very

hot and sore, but I am wondering if the alkaline vit c I forget it's name would

be better or wether you would reccomend another antioxidant in it's place or

just do extra salt loading or zeolite etc, there is a possibility it's the metal

coming out agrevated by vit c as she has an allergy to nickel and probably other

metals. We live on an island otherwise I would drive her somewhere and get her

tested etc, any suggestions would be so helpful, she is very underweight and

quite nervous and keen to make a start bettering her health.

>

>hugs chris

>

>

>

>

>

>

I don't know if this C would be an option.http://www.pinnaclelabs.com/colds/Sago-C-Plus.htm  in Alaska

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Bill Kingsbury <b.b.bb@...> wrote:

Most vitamin C is made from corn -- probably GMO corn.

Some people are allergic to corn.

Unlike " ascorbic acid " , the " mineral ascorbate " vitamin C is pH neutral.

Sodium ascorbate is the least expensive type of ascorbate:

see - http://www.iherb.com/NutriBiotic-Sodium-Ascorbate-Crystalline-Powder-16-oz-454-g/10178

But " Liposomal vitamin C " is better, and it's actually less expensive

considering that it's absorbed far better:

see - http://www.letstalkhealth.com/Liposomal-Vitamin-C-16oz-p/624.htm

.... compare:

.. 1,000 mg vitamin C tablet or capsule - Absorption 19% = 190 mg into blood stream

.. 1,000 mg liposomal vitamin C (1 tsp) - Absorption 93% = 930 mg into blood stream

Someone would need to try each one, to uncover an " allergy " . But you

could ask, to learn if it's also made from corn ...or GMO corn, etc.

Bill

--- At 06:15 PM 09 02 2012, Milbank wrote:

>

>Hi I have a smoking friend and is just full of toxins is my guess she has been interested in the iodine and does 2 drops each day 6 days a week and wants to build up I have again told her she should be on the companion supplements but she hasn't started as she has an allergy to vitamin c her face flares up very hot and sore, but I am wondering if the alkaline vit c I forget it's name would be better or wether you would reccomend another antioxidant in it's place or just do extra salt loading or zeolite etc, there is a possibility it's the metal coming out agrevated by vit c as she has an allergy to nickel and probably other metals. We live on an island otherwise I would drive her somewhere and get her tested etc, any suggestions would be so helpful, she is very underweight and quite nervous and keen to make a start bettering her health.

>

>hugs chris

>

>

>

>

>

>

I take Ester-C. It's non-acidic.ShaunaOn Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Milbank <milbankchristopher@...> wrote:

Hi  I have a smoking friend and is just full of toxins is my guess she has been interested in the iodine and does 2 drops each day 6 days a week and wants to build up I have again told her she should be on the companion supplements but she hasn't started as she has an allergy to vitamin c her face flares up very hot and sore, but I am wondering if the alkaline vit c I forget it's name would be better or wether you would reccomend another antioxidant in it's place or just do extra salt loading or zeolite etc, there is a possibility it's the metal coming out agrevated by vit c as she has an allergy to nickel and probably other metals. We live on an island otherwise I would drive her somewhere and get her tested etc,  any suggestions would be so helpful, she is very

underweight and quite nervous and keen to make a start bettering her health.

hugs chris

Does anyone know if this comes from corn? All it says on the website is that it is Gluten free.

I would like to take this as my companion nutrient if it isn't made from corn and isn't GMO. I never even thought about what it was made from.

There sure is a lot we have to know and be careful about. Glowing,grace~"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before morning."- Henry Ford "When the government gets involved in the private sector and picks out winners and losers, it screws up the whole market," "The freedom and happiness of man...[are] the sole objects of all legitimate government." -- Jefferson

Posted by: "Bill Kingsbury" b.b.bb@... proxo2002

Thu Feb 9, 2012 9:12 pm (PST)

Most vitamin C is made from corn -- probably GMO corn. Some people are allergic to corn.Unlike "ascorbic acid", the "mineral ascorbate" vitamin C is pH neutral. Sodium ascorbate is the least expensive type of ascorbate:see - http://www.iherb.com/NutriBiotic-Sodium-Ascorbate-Crystalline-Powder-16-oz-454-g/10178But "Liposomal vitamin C" is better, and it's actually less expensive considering that it's absorbed far better:see - http://www.letstalkhealth.com/Liposomal-Vitamin-C-16oz-p/624.htm... compare:. 1,000 mg vitamin C tablet or capsule - Absorption 19% = 190 mg into blood stream. 1,000 mg liposomal vitamin C (1 tsp) - Absorption 93% = 930 mg into blood streamSomeone would need to try each one, to uncover an "allergy". But you could ask, to learn if it's also made from corn ...or GMO corn, etc.Bill

if you do not tolerate vit c.you can try ascrobyl palmitate.my wife had the same problem .it will help also your liver

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Ascorbyl-Palmitate-500-mg-100-Vcaps/407?at=0

if you decide to buy at iherb.com you can get 5 dollars off your first order with this code   ZAH179 another one which is quite expensive but equal 5 grams iv is this one.

http://www.choosetobehealthy.com/-c-297.html?osCsid=93cee252112ec92101f3a64e48ebfc03

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM, <tobdncng@...> wrote:

Does anyone know if this comes from corn?  All it says on the website is that it is Gluten free. 

I would like to take this as my companion nutrient if it isn't made from corn and isn't GMO.  I never even thought about what it was made from. 

There sure is a lot we have to know and be careful about.  Glowing,grace~ " It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before morning. " - Henry Ford

" When the government gets involved in the private sector and picks out winners and losers, it screws up the whole market, " " The freedom and happiness of man...[are] the sole objects of all legitimate government. " -- Jefferson

Posted by: " Bill Kingsbury " b.b.bb@... proxo2002

Most vitamin C is made from corn -- probably GMO corn. Some people are allergic to corn.Unlike " ascorbic acid " , the " mineral ascorbate " vitamin C is pH neutral.

Sodium ascorbate is the least expensive type of ascorbate:see - http://www.iherb.com/NutriBiotic-Sodium-Ascorbate-Crystalline-Powder-16-oz-454-g/10178

But " Liposomal vitamin C " is better, and it's actually less expensive considering that it's absorbed far better:see - http://www.letstalkhealth.com/Liposomal-Vitamin-C-16oz-p/624.htm

.... compare:. 1,000 mg vitamin C tablet or capsule - Absorption 19% = 190 mg into blood stream. 1,000 mg liposomal vitamin C (1 tsp) - Absorption 93% = 930 mg into blood streamSomeone would need to try each one, to uncover an " allergy " . But you

could ask, to learn if it's also made from corn ...or GMO corn, etc.Bill

Hello Ido,Do you have experience with using the LivOn Lab, Lypo-Spheric Vit C?Thanks!

Does anyone know if this comes from corn? All it says on the website is that it is Gluten free.

I would like to take this as my companion nutrient if it isn't made from corn and isn't GMO. I never even thought about what it was made from.

There sure is a lot we have to know and be careful about. Glowing,grace~"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before morning."- Henry Ford

"When the government gets involved in the private sector and picks out winners and losers, it screws up the whole market," "The freedom and happiness of man...[are] the sole objects of all legitimate government." -- Jefferson

Most vitamin C is made from corn -- probably GMO corn. Some people are allergic to corn.Unlike "ascorbic acid", the "mineral ascorbate" vitamin C is pH neutral.

Sodium ascorbate is the least expensive type of ascorbate:see - http://www.iherb.com/NutriBiotic-Sodium-Ascorbate-Crystalline-Powder-16-oz-454-g/10178

But "Liposomal vitamin C" is better, and it's actually less expensive considering that it's absorbed far better:see - http://www.letstalkhealth.com/Liposomal-Vitamin-C-16oz-p/624.htm

.... compare:. 1,000 mg vitamin C tablet or capsule - Absorption 19% = 190 mg into blood stream. 1,000 mg liposomal vitamin C (1 tsp) - Absorption 93% = 930 mg into blood streamSomeone would need to try each one, to uncover an "allergy". But you

could ask, to learn if it's also made from corn ...or GMO corn, etc.Bill

Regarding Vit C from corn:

Dr. R. Jaffe MD has a brand of vitamins called Perque. The Vitamin C in this brand is derived from potatoes. I believe that the Nutricology brand also has a non-corn derived Vit C too.. There may be other products out there as well. The GMO issue is an important one and so is the fact that allergies to corn are very common.

M.

There sure is a lot we have to know and be careful about. Glowing,grace~"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before morning."- Henry Ford "When the government gets involved in the private sector and picks out winners and losers, it screws up the whole market," "The freedom and happiness of man...[are] the sole objects of all legitimate government." -- Jefferson

Most vitamin C is made from corn -- probably GMO corn. Some people are allergic to corn.Unlike "ascorbic acid", the "mineral ascorbate" vitamin C is pH neutral. Sodium ascorbate is the least expensive type of ascorbate:see - http://www.iherb.com/NutriBiotic-Sodium-Ascorbate-Crystalline-Powder-16-oz-454-g/10178But "Liposomal vitamin C" is better, and it's actually less expensive considering that it's absorbed far better:see - http://www.letstalkhealth.com/Liposomal-Vitamin-C-16oz-p/624.htm... compare:. 1,000 mg vitamin C tablet or capsule - Absorption 19% = 190 mg into blood stream. 1,000 mg liposomal vitamin C (1 tsp) - Absorption 93% = 930 mg into blood streamSomeone would need to try each one, to uncover an "allergy". But you could ask, to learn if it's also made from corn ...or GMO corn, etc.Bill

Twinlab Quercetin + C (made with Sago Palm) Quercetin is for skin problems, since I have that as well, this suited me though thinking next time to order the slow release type.Caps 100 Caps Item # TL158 from Swanson vitamins NUTRILITE® Vitamin C Plus Extended Release $59180 tabletsItem #: 109747View all products by NUTRILITE®All-day vitamin C support in just 500 mg. Your body uses vitamin C’s immune-boosting benefits more effectively with this time-release formula. Get all-day defense and eliminate the waste associated with instant-release vitamin C doses. NUTRILITE Vitamin C Plus Extended Release uses one of nature’s most concentrated sources of vitamin C – acerola cherries – grown on our own certified organic farms. Halal/KosherHow much do I need?Usage Rate: 180 Use(s) per BottleRecommended use: 1 Use(s) per dayRetail Cost per use: $0.33 As for the alkaline vit C it is really ascorbic acid with calcium base but it is not the full vit C though. Kind of like using the shell of an egg when one needs the whole egg shell and all for proper healing. I found that using the Australian Bush Flower Essences Dagger Hakea, Dog Rose and bottlebrush helps the elimination system to be healthier as the iodine/potassium iodide will dump toxins from the cells into the blood stream so putting strain on the elimination system (often healing reactions because of it) there is a combination called Purifying (also an ABFE) but contains Bush Iris that also dumps the lymph system toxins into the body so this should only be used after a couple of month on the above and then started slowly and not the full dose at the beginning as it may cause a healing reaction (though pulling back or off it till the body catches up would be good) Also diet can be helpful (wild filtered fish oil can help prevent the formation of free radicals (toxins) ) often from grains eaten, though smoking will also have contributed to high toxin levels. Since her body needs all the help she can get she might consider improving both slowly. IF my daughter for instance had to quit smoking I would also encourage her to take some vit B complex (but not brewer’s yeast as it is too acidic) Some people to help their liver, drink fresh lemon juice in the morning so she might look into that as well as it is a non acid forming type of vit C. Louise From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of MilbankSent: February-09-12 9:16 PMiodine Subject: Vitamin C allergy is there a replacement Hi I have a smoking friend and is just full of toxins is my guess she has been interested in the iodine and does 2 drops each day 6 days a week and wants to build up I have again told her she should be on the companion supplements but she hasn't started as she has an allergy to vitamin c her face flares up very hot and sore, but I am wondering if the alkaline vit c I forget it's name would be better or wether you would reccomend another antioxidant in it's place or just do extra salt loading or zeolite etc, there is a possibility it's the metal coming out agrevated by vit c as she has an allergy to nickel and probably other metals. We live on an island otherwise I would drive her somewhere and get her tested etc, any suggestions would be so helpful, she is very underweight and quite nervous and keen to make a start bettering her health. hugs chris