RemedySpot.com

Iodine reaction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My average temps are 97.9, 98.1, 97.9, 97.8, 98.1. My morning basal temp is 98.0. I have been gradually increasing Lugol's and NP Thyroid. I started at 120 mg thyroid last October and gradually worked up to 240 mg. I restarted Lugol's (homemade) on Dec. 7 and am now at 8 drops (50 mg). Prior to the homemade Lugol's I had been on some contaminated prescription Lugol's that gave me hives and a fuzzy brain. I had to get allergy elimination therapy before starting the homemade Lugol's. My iron scores are gradualy increasing as well.

Recently I realized that my heart pounding when I went to bed was a symptom of hyperthyroidism. I lowered my thyroid dose to 180 mg for 2 days. Yesterday when I took the 50 mg Lugol's after taking 180 mg thyroid, my heart started skipping beats as well as pounding, so I figured I was still hyperthyroid. Today I lowered thyroid to 120 mg and took no iodine. I'll do the same tomorrow.

Do you have any suggestions for how to get back to 50 mg iodine and the correct dose of NP thyroid? I'm thinking of taking 25 mg iodine with 120 mg NP thyroid on Monday. When should I increase to 50 mg iodine and how much NP thyroid should I increase at a time? Do I have to go through the 30 mg at a time for 2 weeks routine?

Even though my basal temp indicates I should feel well, I still have lots of pain - right elbow joint effusion, foot/ankle problems and a generally stiff body, just to name a few symptoms.

One additional question- How long should a child be on iodine before starting thyroid medicine?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Wanda