RemedySpot.com

Tincture of Iodine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was recently dx with thyroid goiter and multiple nodules during a routine

exam. Benign FNA but docs still want to remove my thyroid. I am new and

trying to learn, heal and keep my thyroid.

I went to one of the few places in town that sell Iodoral (a compounding

pharmacy). The woman there asked if I knew myself to be iodine deficient.

I said I didn't know. She told me to paint an area of my abdomen with

Tincture of Iodine first. If it absorbed within 12-24 hours, that meant I

was iodine deficient, I could then come back and purchase the Iodoral.

I bought the tincture of iodine and have repeatedly painted my thyroid area

with it. I also went to another pharmacy and purchased the Iodoral which I

am now taking. I have also scheduled a consultation with . :-)

What is the difference between Lugol's and tincture of Iodine? Am I wasting

my time painting my skin with it?

Thanks.

Kim

Hi Kim,Tincture of iodine has an alcohol base. Lugol’s is water base. You can ingest Lugol’s orally, but DO NOT ingest tincture! Painting is a poor measure of your need for iodine. The are many variables involved that can change the results. Most people today are deficient in iodine, and if you were to take more than you need, any extra would be excreted in your urine, so you can’t take too much. Painting in addition to oral iodine is helpful, because it sends it in another way to the place you are targeting. But the alcohol is not good for your body. If you want to continue painting, Lugol’s is recommended, and mixing it with a good carrier oil, castor or coconut being two recommended. The guidelines you were sent contains more information about this. Please go back and reread them to help you understand more. Donna in IL, moderator From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of kimSent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 9:32 AMiodine Subject: Tincture of Iodine I was recently dx with thyroid goiter and multiple nodules during a routineexam. Benign FNA but docs still want to remove my thyroid. I am new andtrying to learn, heal and keep my thyroid. I went to one of the few places in town that sell Iodoral (a compoundingpharmacy). The woman there asked if I knew myself to be iodine deficient.I said I didn't know. She told me to paint an area of my abdomen withTincture of Iodine first. If it absorbed within 12-24 hours, that meant Iwas iodine deficient, I could then come back and purchase the Iodoral.I bought the tincture of iodine and have repeatedly painted my thyroid areawith it. I also went to another pharmacy and purchased the Iodoral which Iam now taking. I have also scheduled a consultation with . :-) What is the difference between Lugol's and tincture of Iodine? Am I wastingmy time painting my skin with it?Thanks.Kim