RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Weight Gain/move to Off Topic Group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This topic has veered away from iodine which is the topic of this group. Please continue this discussion at the Iodine Off Topic Group.

Thank you!

Kathleen

Re: Re: Weight Gain

30 pounds in 3 months..on a 'diet'? What did you eat on the Matt Stone diet?Thanks you for sharing!Theta

Hi, Jody,I started iodine in November and have gained at least 10 pounds since. I have researched and researched this and have yet to be able to find anything concrete. I am a personal trainer and work out for nearly three hours a day (and burn at least 1000 calories a day/5x a week). I eat three meals a day, plus two snacks. I eat the majority of my food after my workouts (usually btwn 1 and 2 in the afternoon) with just a light dinner of usually a soup or salad. And I haven't lost any weight that I gained since starting iodine. I am also a huge 180/Matt Stone fan, so I also did the Ray May (Ray Peat eating style) and gained almost 15 pounds in 6 weeks. I was never able to lose that weight.So, I wish I had more of an answer for you, but I am also plagued by the weight gain. I have gained all of weight in my stomach and upper abdominals and breasts. I also have fibrocystic breasts, and I also have hair loss, both of which I've only experienced since the birth of my son, which was almost 7 years ago.You're not alone!Take care > > > >Â > >Hello,> >> >This is my first time writing in. I have been following the Iodine protocol since December. I have some questions in regards to my weight. I had never had a weight problem until after my 2nd daughter was born (12 years ago), since then I have been struggling. I was taking the ephedra metabolite product to try and jump start my weight loss about 11 years ago, it worked great...but I think that is where I messed my body up/metabolism to function properly. I have been off the ephedra for probably 7 years. I have been doing alot of research and determined based on my previous conditions as well as my mothers issues,(severe menses cycles, endometriosis, fibrosistic breast, estrogen dominance, pms, weight, etc.) I feel Iodine may be the miracle supplement I only recently found in my researching. With that said, I have been trying to implement a high protein breakfast (based on Dr. Kruse), with lowering my carbs to encourage my body to become more> leptin sensitive. I do not have a sugar or carb craving, I do not drink much soda (1 or 2 a month), also based on, (180 degree health), I have been trying to eat, instead of calorie counting and excercise freak, (which I did over the passed year to lose 20 lbs. only to come to a stand still and gain all the weight back, while continuing my crazy "diet & insanity workouts". I am sorry this is getting long,... this is where the Iodine comes in. I started eating as I said trying to limit my carbs, sugars and snacking, 3 descent meals a day, adding in my Iodine (I am up to 5 Iodoral per day), I have been adding my complimentary supplements, and salting 3 x per day at 1/2t. I feel I get bloated still and have not lost a pound, (I fluctuate between 3 lbs. down, then 3 up), I do not have any formal testing for my thyroid, etc. I am looking into a local doctor who is willing to run the "series" of tests for me. I would like to know if I am missing> something and if you could let me know what the critical testing would be to cover my bases with my physician for blood work, etc. Thank you in advance for your time, this group has been helpful.> >> >Jody > >> >> >__._,_._>

-Angie

Hive mind level 5 worker: Honey producer

How does one get to Off Topic? I was unable to find it. Thank you, Norine From: Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@...> iodine Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:17 PM Subject: Re: Re: Weight Gain/move to Off Topic Group

This topic has veered away from iodine which is the topic of this group. Please continue this discussion at the Iodine Off Topic Group.

Thank you!

Kathleen

30 pounds in 3 months..on a 'diet'? What did you eat on the Matt Stone diet?Thanks you for sharing!Theta

Hi, Jody,I started iodine in November and have gained at least 10 pounds since. I have researched and researched this and have yet to be able to find anything concrete. I am a personal trainer and work out for nearly three hours a day (and burn at least 1000 calories a day/5x a week). I eat three meals a day, plus two snacks. I eat the majority of my food after my workouts (usually btwn 1 and 2 in the afternoon) with just a light dinner of usually a soup or salad. And I haven't lost any weight that I gained since starting iodine. I am also a huge 180/Matt Stone fan, so I also did the Ray May (Ray Peat eating style) and gained almost 15 pounds in 6 weeks. I was never able to lose that weight.So, I wish I had more of an answer for you, but I am also plagued by the weight gain. I have gained all of weight in my stomach and upper abdominals and breasts. I also have fibrocystic breasts, and I also have hair loss, both of which I've only experienced since the birth of my son, which was almost 7 years ago.You're not alone!Take care > > > >Â > >Hello,> >> >This is my first time writing in. I have been following the Iodine protocol since December. I have some questions in regards to my weight. I had never had a weight problem until after my 2nd daughter was born (12 years ago), since then I have been struggling. I was taking the ephedra metabolite product to try and jump start my weight loss about 11 years ago, it worked great...but I think that is where I messed my body up/metabolism to function properly. I have been off the ephedra for probably 7 years. I have been doing alot of research and determined based on my previous conditions as well as my mothers issues,(severe menses cycles, endometriosis, fibrosistic breast, estrogen dominance, pms, weight, etc.) I feel Iodine may be the miracle supplement I only recently found in my researching. With that said, I have been trying to implement a high protein breakfast (based on Dr. Kruse), with lowering my carbs to encourage my body to become more> leptin sensitive. I do not have a sugar or carb craving, I do not drink much soda (1 or 2 a month), also based on, (180 degree health), I have been trying to eat, instead of calorie counting and excercise freak, (which I did over the passed year to lose 20 lbs. only to come to a stand still and gain all the weight back, while continuing my crazy "diet & insanity workouts". I am sorry this is getting long,... this is where the Iodine comes in. I started eating as I said trying to limit my carbs, sugars and snacking, 3 descent meals a day, adding in my Iodine (I am up to 5 Iodoral per day), I have been adding my complimentary supplements, and salting 3 x per day at 1/2t. I feel I get bloated still and have not lost a pound, (I fluctuate between 3 lbs. down, then 3 up), I do not have any formal testing for my thyroid, etc. I am looking into a local doctor who is willing to run the "series" of tests for me. I would like to know if I am missing> something and if you could let me know what the critical testing would be to cover my bases with my physician for blood work, etc. Thank you in advance for your time, this group has been helpful.> >> >Jody > >> >> >__._,_._>

-Angie

Hi Norine,

The link is found at the bottom of each email you receive. Here it is:

IodineOT/

Best,

Kathleen

-Angie