RemedySpot.com

Re: .thyroid shield for xrays

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would support you in looking into thermograms instead of getting mammorgrams. There is no risk of harm to the thyroid! They show problems lots sooner too.

Better for women all around!Glowing,grace~

..thyroid shield for xrays

Posted by: "JL" jlynch@... iceyaya2000

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:33 am (PST)

I got this which apparently it is making the email rounds rounds. I have never had dentist or mammogram technician offer a thyroid shield and didn't know to ask, so here it is folks: I think wives need to tell husbands, too. Men also hav thyroid problems.JillOn Wednesday, Dr. Oz had a show on the fastest growing cancer in women, thyroid cancer. It was a very interesting program and he mentioned that the increase could possibly be related to the use of dental x-rays and mammograms. He demonstrated that on the apron the dentist puts on you for your dental x-rays there is a little flap that can be lifted up and wrapped around your neck. Many dentists don't bother to use it. Also, there is something called a "thyroid guard" for use during mammograms.By coincidence, I had my yearly mammogram yesterday. I felt a little silly, but I asked about the guard and sure enough, the technician had one in a drawer. I asked why it wasn't routinely used. Answer: "I don't know. You have to ask for it." Well, if I hadn't seen the show, how would I have known to ask?We need to pass this on to our daughters, nieces, mothers and all our female friends and husbands tell your wives !!