since I started taking iodine in form of Iodoral. I'm taking two pills a day

along with B Complex, C, D3, Omega 3, Iron and some calcium. I also tried to

take Potassium but had some weird symptoms and stopped. I'm thyroid less since

2004 and am taking synthroid 100 mg.

When I started taking the iodine, I did feel better in many ways but I have the

following symptoms which worry me a little. I have a salty taste in my mouth

which is bad maybe 2 hours after taking Iodoral and subsides towards the end of

the day. The cycle begins the next day after I take Iodoral. Also, I started to

have a weird tightness in my throat. I can swallow fine and have no pain. Should

I worry about this being Some allergic reaction?

Thank you.

Agnes

Sent from my iPad

Hello Agnes and welcome!

Please read the Guide to Supplementing with Iodine that you were sent when you joined. If you didn’t save it, please go to Files, then click on New Members Read First, then scroll down and click on The Guide to Supplementing with Iodine. There you will read about the importance of taking the companion nutrients that are needed on the Iodine Protocol. You will also read about bromide detox symptoms(there are many and are listed there), which could be what you are experiencing. As for the tightness in your throat; this is common when beginning iodine . Again, please read all you can in our Files. A lot of time and energy has gone into the Guide, and you will find most of the answers to your questions there. After reading through it, please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Kind regards,

-Kathleen

Iodine question

Hi everyone, I have been recommended to this group by my thyroid less group since I started taking iodine in form of Iodoral. I'm taking two pills a day along with B Complex, C, D3, Omega 3, Iron and some calcium. I also tried to take Potassium but had some weird symptoms and stopped. I'm thyroid less since 2004 and am taking synthroid 100 mg. When I started taking the iodine, I did feel better in many ways but I have the following symptoms which worry me a little. I have a salty taste in my mouth which is bad maybe 2 hours after taking Iodoral and subsides towards the end of the day. The cycle begins the next day after I take Iodoral. Also, I started to have a weird tightness in my throat. I can swallow fine and have no pain. Should I worry about this being Some allergic reaction?Thank you. AgnesSent from my iPad