RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Ferritin levels lowered by iodine intake, what to do

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Taking Iodoral doesn't always bring Ferritin down. So don't count on it working. I would say 1/4 (if this much) of the people experience this.

Buist, ND HC

New poster> - iodine enhancing/interfering with nutrients? > > > > Hello,> I'm a new poster but have been doing the iodine thing since last July,> following the user documents, etc. Two questions: > > 1. Has anyone> found that supplements they tried without success before iodine now> work? I found one poster who said her B12 shots didn't work until> after she started iodine. > > 2. Does anyone suspect that iodine is> interfering with levels of nutrients OTHER THAN the companion ones> (magnesium/iron/selenium/etc.)? I might be nuts, but I feel like it's> harder to keep my vitamin K levels up at higher doses of iodine. > > > For what it's worth, I'm recording my iodine experiment at> http://www.adnuther.com/iodine-diary/ . > > Many thanks. > Merj >> > > > > ------------------------------------> > Owner: Buist, ND HC> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group > IodineOT/> > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%> 2 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

I don't know what my ferritin levels were before I started iodine supp., but they are now rather low. Still considered ok but on the low end.

RE; other questions about interactions with other supplements, I am really wondering about use of high doses of iodine with LITHIUM supplements, which are shown to be good for brain/nerve health. I would like to take lithium to give it a try, but have found numerous postings online where they say not to do both large doses of iodine and lithium or it will cause hypothyroidism. I wonder just what the actual interactions are on a cellular level? Would be fascinating to find out, and to hear from anyone who has tried using them together and had TSH etc levels tested after some months of usage. (And other results, how you felt, improvements, etc.)

From: " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...>iodine Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 1:44 PMSubject: Re: Re: Ferritin levels lowered by iodine intake, what to do

Taking Iodoral doesn't always bring Ferritin down. So don't count on it working. I would say 1/4 (if this much) of the people experience this.

Buist, ND HC

New poster> - iodine

enhancing/interfering with nutrients? > > > > Hello,> I'm a new poster but have been doing the iodine thing since last July,> following the user documents, etc. Two questions: > > 1. Has anyone> found that supplements they tried without success before iodine now> work? I found one poster who said her B12 shots didn't work until> after she started iodine. > > 2. Does anyone suspect that iodine is> interfering with levels of nutrients OTHER THAN the companion ones> (magnesium/iron/selenium/etc.)? I might be nuts, but I feel like it's> harder to keep my vitamin K levels up at higher doses of iodine. > > > For what it's worth, I'm recording my iodine experiment at> http://www.adnuther.com/iodine-diary/ . > > Many thanks. > Merj >> > > > > ------------------------------------> > Owner:

Buist, ND HC> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group > IodineOT/> > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%> 2 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

i can't speak to the question of smaller doses of lithium, but 600mg/day did my thyroid in. On Feb 15, 2012, at 11.07 AM, Wagner wrote:

I don't know what my ferritin levels were before I started iodine supp., but they are now rather low. Still considered ok but on the low end.

RE; other questions about interactions with other supplements, I am really wondering about use of high doses of iodine with LITHIUM supplements, which are shown to be good for brain/nerve health. I would like to take lithium to give it a try, but have found numerous postings online where they say not to do both large doses of iodine and lithium or it will cause hypothyroidism. I wonder just what the actual interactions are on a cellular level? Would be fascinating to find out, and to hear from anyone who has tried using them together and had TSH etc levels tested after some months of usage. (And other results, how you felt, improvements, etc.)

From: " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...>iodine Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 1:44 PMSubject: Re: Re: Ferritin levels lowered by iodine intake, what to do

Buist, ND HC

New poster> - iodine

enhancing/interfering with nutrients? > > > > Hello,> I'm a new poster but have been doing the iodine thing since last July,> following the user documents, etc. Two questions: > > 1. Has anyone> found that supplements they tried without success before iodine now> work? I found one poster who said her B12 shots didn't work until> after she started iodine. > > 2. Does anyone suspect that iodine is> interfering with levels of nutrients OTHER THAN the companion ones> (magnesium/iron/selenium/etc.)? I might be nuts, but I feel like it's> harder to keep my vitamin K levels up at higher doses of iodine. > > > For what it's worth, I'm recording my iodine experiment at> http://www.adnuther.com/iodine-diary/ . > > Many thanks. > Merj >> > > > > ------------------------------------> > Owner:

Buist, ND HC> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group > IodineOT/> > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%> 2 0-%20READ%20FIRST/