RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Son's Lab results

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here are some numbers on Chile's iodine production

http://www.indexmundi.com/minerals/?country=cl & product=iodine & graph=production

Thanks for the correction on the bromide number. That is a low number. Iodine does help to release mercury but it isn't like bromide. I don't know that we know much about it as it isn't normally measured.

How do you know how much iodine you are getting in the sea veggies? How long has he been taking it? Because that saturation measurement from the test is really low.

Buist, ND HC

Son's Lab results> > > > These are the last labs for my son, if you please, would like some help understanding them.> > Hakala Research-> Iodine (spot) 0.0435 mg/L, ref. range (.1-0.45mg/L) - His body kept almost all of the iodine he ingested signaling a very high deficiency.> Bromide (spot) 2095 mg/L, ref. range (<5mg/L) - Is this really 2,095 mgs? If so then your child is VERY VERY toxic. The highest I have seen is my own at 66 mgs/ L. Are you sure there isn't a decimal missing?> > > Reg. Lab> TSH (S) 1.29, ref range .30-5.0> Free T4 1.1, ref range 07-2.0 - Most feel best mid range - 1.4 so this is lower than optimal.> Free T3 1.4, ref range 2.3-4.2 - Most feel best in the upper 1/3 of the range. So around 3.5 - 4.0> > > I also had the doc run a parathyroid test;> > PTH; Intact 14.14, ref range 10.00-65.00> > Note: He is 17, and has been organic/gluten free/preservative free for 15 years, lessening his chance of bromide accumulation, and has never had fluoride, drinking water included (FYI, not one cavity, ever).> The only source of bromide is not from bread. As a matter of fact this is not where most get it. The majority of the people toxic in bromide have been exposed through electronic equipment (TVs, Phones, etc), carpeting, automobiles, mattresses - anything that has a flame retardant in it. So when people think the exposure is low they are mistaken. It is in drinks like gatorade, bug juice and Mt Dew. If you drink any commercially made drinks they are made with city water that probably has fluoride. > > Couple questions;> 1. Is the spot test a decent indicator of bromide levels? Yes they are.> 2. If so, is there a need to supplement with synthetic iodine/iodide or will sea vegetables do the trick to raise Iodine levels? He is currently getting between 100 and 150 mgs per day from a "safe -heavy metal and other contaminate free verified" sea vegetable arame and a couple drops of Cayce inspired iodine (to say that he is extremely sensitive is an understatement). There is no such thing as "Synthetic" iodine / iodide. The iodine used in Iodoral is mined deep in the ground of Chile. Sea Veggies run a high risk of halide toxicity as well as not offering adequate or measurable amounts of iodine / iodide. If this were my child I would not waste my money on "natural" sea veggie alternatives. Cayce iodine is also a waste of money. Very high in cost and low in mg dosage. You will not force the halides out with that product. > 3. Do the thyroid levels look within "normal" range. - No they do not - I commented above.> 4. Does the parathyroid (PTH) result look OK? Looks kind of low to me but not sure if it is significant. - It is pretty low and with other lab tests when you are that low in the range there is an issue as they make the range using several people that may be considered "normal" but the criteria for this label is often off.> 5. I would like to recheck his iodine levels, question is - how long after supplementation began do I check? - Dr Abraham recommends 6 mos - 1 year after supplementing with at least 50 mgs of Iodoral / day.> > > Thanks in advance,> Page>

Hi Page,

Cilantro (Coriander leaf), broken cell Chlorella and Spirulina are recommended for Mercury detox.

Son's Lab results> > > > > > > > These are the last labs for my son, if you please, would like some help understanding them.> > > > Hakala Research-> > Iodine (spot) 0.0435 mg/L, ref. range (.1-0.45mg/L) - His body kept almost all of the iodine he ingested signaling a very high deficiency.> > Bromide (spot) 2095 mg/L, ref. range (<5mg/L) - Is this really 2,095 mgs? If so then your child is VERY VERY toxic. The highest I have seen is my own at 66 mgs/ L. Are you sure there isn't a decimal missing?> > > > > > Reg. Lab> > TSH (S) 1.29, ref range .30-5.0> > Free T4 1.1, ref range 07-2.0 - Most feel best mid range - 1.4 so this is lower than optimal.> > Free T3 1.4, ref range 2.3-4.2 - Most feel best in the upper 1/3 of the range. So around 3.5 - 4.0> > > > > > I also had the doc run a parathyroid test;> > > > PTH; Intact 14.14, ref range 10.00-65.00> > > > Note: He is 17, and has been organic/gluten free/preservative free for 15 years, lessening his chance of bromide accumulation, and has never had fluoride, drinking water included (FYI, not one cavity, ever).> > The only source of bromide is not from bread. As a matter of fact this is not where most get it. The majority of the people toxic in bromide have been exposed through electronic equipment (TVs, Phones, etc), carpeting, automobiles, mattresses - anything that has a flame retardant in it. So when people think the exposure is low they are mistaken. It is in drinks like gatorade, bug juice and Mt Dew. If you drink any commercially made drinks they are made with city water that probably has fluoride. > > > > Couple questions;> > 1. Is the spot test a decent indicator of bromide levels? Yes they are.> > 2. If so, is there a need to supplement with synthetic iodine/iodide or will sea vegetables do the trick to raise Iodine levels? He is currently getting between 100 and 150 mgs per day from a "safe -heavy metal and other contaminate free verified" sea vegetable arame and a couple drops of Cayce inspired iodine (to say that he is extremely sensitive is an understatement). There is no such thing as "Synthetic" iodine / iodide. The iodine used in Iodoral is mined deep in the ground of Chile. Sea Veggies run a high risk of halide toxicity as well as not offering adequate or measurable amounts of iodine / iodide. If this were my child I would not waste my money on "natural" sea veggie alternatives. Cayce iodine is also a waste of money. Very high in cost and low in mg dosage. You will not force the halides out with that product. > > 3. Do the thyroid levels look within "normal" range. - No they do not - I commented above.> > 4. Does the parathyroid (PTH) result look OK? Looks kind of low to me but not sure if it is significant. - It is pretty low and with other lab tests when you are that low in the range there is an issue as they make the range using several people that may be considered "normal" but the criteria for this label is often off.> > 5. I would like to recheck his iodine levels, question is - how long after supplementation began do I check? - Dr Abraham recommends 6 mos - 1 year after supplementing with at least 50 mgs of Iodoral / day.> > > > > > Thanks in advance,> > Page> >>

Sea vegetables contain considerable bromine, right? I know I've read that some kelp is quite high. We used to eat a lot of nori and dulse and kelp but cut back while trying to reduce our bromide levels.

From: " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...>iodine Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:17 PMSubject: Re: Re: Son's Lab results

Here are some numbers on Chile's iodine production

http://www.indexmundi.com/minerals/?country=cl & product=iodine & graph=production

Thanks for the correction on the bromide number. That is a low number. Iodine does help to release mercury but it isn't like bromide. I don't know that we know much about it as it isn't normally measured.

How do you know how much iodine you are getting in the sea veggies? How long has he been taking it? Because that saturation measurement from the test is really low.

Buist, ND HC

Son's Lab results> > > > These are the last labs for my son, if you please, would like some help understanding them.> > Hakala Research-> Iodine (spot) 0.0435 mg/L, ref. range (.1-0.45mg/L) - His body kept almost all of the iodine he ingested signaling a very high deficiency.> Bromide (spot) 2095 mg/L, ref. range (<5mg/L) - Is this really 2,095 mgs? If so then your child is VERY VERY toxic. The highest I have seen is my own at 66 mgs/ L. Are you sure there isn't a decimal missing?> > > Reg. Lab> TSH (S) 1.29, ref range .30-5.0> Free T4 1.1, ref range 07-2.0 - Most feel best mid range - 1.4 so this is lower than

optimal.> Free T3 1.4, ref range 2.3-4.2 - Most feel best in the upper 1/3 of the range. So around 3.5 - 4.0> > > I also had the doc run a parathyroid test;> > PTH; Intact 14.14, ref range 10.00-65.00> > Note: He is 17, and has been organic/gluten free/preservative free for 15 years, lessening his chance of bromide accumulation, and has never had fluoride, drinking water included (FYI, not one cavity, ever).> The only source of bromide is not from bread. As a matter of fact this is not where most get it. The majority of the people toxic in bromide have been exposed through electronic equipment (TVs, Phones, etc), carpeting, automobiles, mattresses - anything that has a flame retardant in it. So when people think the exposure is low they are mistaken. It is in drinks like gatorade, bug juice and Mt Dew. If you drink any commercially made drinks they are made with city water that probably has

fluoride. > > Couple questions;> 1. Is the spot test a decent indicator of bromide levels? Yes they are.> 2. If so, is there a need to supplement with synthetic iodine/iodide or will sea vegetables do the trick to raise Iodine levels? He is currently getting between 100 and 150 mgs per day from a "safe -heavy metal and other contaminate free verified" sea vegetable arame and a couple drops of Cayce inspired iodine (to say that he is extremely sensitive is an understatement). There is no such thing as "Synthetic" iodine / iodide. The iodine used in Iodoral is mined deep in the ground of Chile. Sea Veggies run a high risk of halide toxicity as well as not offering adequate or measurable amounts of iodine / iodide. If this were my child I would not waste my money on "natural" sea veggie alternatives. Cayce iodine is also a waste of money. Very high in cost and low in mg dosage. You will not force the halides out with that

product. > 3. Do the thyroid levels look within "normal" range. - No they do not - I commented above.> 4. Does the parathyroid (PTH) result look OK? Looks kind of low to me but not sure if it is significant. - It is pretty low and with other lab tests when you are that low in the range there is an issue as they make the range using several people that may be considered "normal" but the criteria for this label is often off.> 5. I would like to recheck his iodine levels, question is - how long after supplementation began do I check? - Dr Abraham recommends 6 mos - 1 year after supplementing with at least 50 mgs of Iodoral / day.> > > Thanks in advance,> Page>