RemedySpot.com

Re: How Do I?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 8 years later...

Go to 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of this email

Re: Re: Help, can Iodine make your Thyroid go HYPO?

And yes, , just to reiterate what Gracia said, TSH typically rises when iodine is first started. You're right in the pocket as far as that goes. This issue is covered in the Guide to Supplementing that you received when you joined the list and is available on the website in the Files section.--moderatorOn 20 Feb 2012 at 17:06, i_wish2be wrote:> > > > Gracia, thanks for pointing out my error. I mis-read the J Crows site> and recalculated the 2% Lugol's I was taking to 18.75 mg.> > > > > > >> > > > iodine doesn't screw up your thyroid gland, it makes it better! you> > need to test Free T3 and Free > T4--TSH can be elevated when first on iodine. minimum therapeutic dose> of lugols would be 50mg and I am not sure 6 drops of 2% lugols=37.5mg.> that doesn't sound right. > Gracia > > > [i'm forwarding this question> to the list from a new member -- ] > FORWARD FROM KATIE: >> ------------------------------------------------------- > > Hello, new> to the group, with a big question! > > After reading Dr. Brownstein's> book on Iodine, I decided to try supplementing > with Iodine, to see> if it would help my > fibrocystic breasts. I've had normal TSH levels> in the past, but have also been > measured at slightly high TSH levels> before, > too (which I'm told means slightly Hypo, or low). > >> However, since I've been doing this, I've had some periods of extreme> > tiredness, and my menstrual cycle started to go haywire > with> periods appearing more frequently (approx every 2 weeks apart). I went> to > the gynecologist to see what was wrong, and > she measured my TSH> level at 5.15, which is elevated (Hypo) and advised me > to see my> General Practitioner. I have an > appointment with my GP tomorrow> morning. > > It occurred to me that I may have screwed up my Thyroid> with the Iodine, so I > stopped it altogether 2 days ago. I am >> wondering if Iodine can actually screw up your thyroid function and> make it go > Hypo? > > Thanks, > > PS-- I have been taking the> following for approximately 2 months: > > 2% Lugol's Solution -6 drops> (37.5 mg) > > VITAMINS > > B2 - 100 mg > B3 (Niacinamide) - 500 mg (I> see in retrospect that Dr Brownstein recommends > both of these doses> of B2 & B3 TWICE a day, > though) B12/Complex - 1-2 dropperfuls> Alphasorb C - 500 mg D3 - 5,000 IU > (down from 10,000 IU -Doc loaded> me bc I was > deficient, will go down further from this amount soon)> Gamma E > Tocopherol/Tocotrienols - 1 supplement/day Rainbow Light >> Women's One Multivitamin (does contain 200 mcg Selenium, sufficient> per Dr > Brownstein's recommendations) > > MINERALS > > Zinc> Picolinate - 22 mg > Catalyst Altered Trace Minerals (incl. Magnesium> 337 mg, Potassium 6.8 mg, > Sodium 6 mg, etc.....there is some> Selenium in > trace amounts) COQ-10 - 100 mg Chromium Complex - 200 mg> Food Based > Calcium -500 mg (contains 250 mg Magnesium, & 200 IU >> Vitamin D) > > OMEGA 3s > > Salmon Oil - 1 Supplement at each meal > >> ANTIOXIDANTS > > Grape Seed Extract 100-200 mg > Cayenne Pepper - 450> mg > Ginko Biloba - 1 dropperful > Ultimate Antioxidant from Baseline> Nutritionals > > ADDITIONAL > > Digestive Enzymes - 1/each meal (help> absorption bc of Celiac Disease) > Probiotics - 2 on empty stomach in> morning OR Plain Organic Yogurt in lieu of > this > PhiZymes from> Baseline Nutritionals (claim to digest fibroid cysts, but I am >> probably eliminating these bc I haven't noticed > improvment) Glucotor> v.2 from Baseline Nutritionals (probably eliminating this) > Ever> Young from Baseline Nutritionals > > I realize that I am probably> taking too much crap. I'm looking to refine to what is > really> necessary. I just thought I'd > list it all in case any one of these> things are significant. Thanks in advance! >> > >

Are you talking about being removed from the group? Then send an e-mail to iodine-unsubscribe

If it is the fact that your name shows up on the e-mails - this is either from your settings or your E-mail program.

Buist, ND HC

iodine

Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:35 PM

Subject: How Do I?

How do I get my name off this list?

From: Baker <vbaker@...>iodine Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 12:00 PMSubject: Re: Re: Help, can Iodine make your Thyroid go HYPO?

And yes, , just to reiterate what Gracia said, TSH typically rises when iodine is first started. You're right in the pocket as far as that goes. This issue is covered in the Guide to Supplementing that you received when you joined the list and is available on the website in the Files section.--moderatorOn 20 Feb 2012 at 17:06, i_wish2be wrote:> > > > Gracia, thanks for pointing out my error. I mis-read the J Crows site> and recalculated the 2% Lugol's I was taking to 18.75 mg.> > > > > > >> > > > iodine doesn't screw up your thyroid gland, it makes it better! you> > need to test Free T3 and Free > T4--TSH can be elevated when first on iodine. minimum therapeutic dose> of lugols would be 50mg and I am not sure 6 drops of 2% lugols=37.5mg.> that doesn't sound right. > Gracia > > > [i'm forwarding this question> to the list from a new member -- ] > FORWARD FROM KATIE: >> ------------------------------------------------------- > > Hello, new> to the group, with a big question! > > After reading Dr. Brownstein's> book on Iodine, I decided to try supplementing > with Iodine, to see> if it would help my > fibrocystic breasts. I've had normal TSH levels> in the past, but have also been > measured at slightly high TSH levels> before, > too (which I'm told means slightly Hypo, or low). > >> However, since I've been doing this, I've had some periods of extreme> > tiredness, and my menstrual cycle started to go haywire > with> periods appearing more frequently (approx every 2 weeks apart). I went> to > the gynecologist to see what was wrong, and > she measured my TSH> level at 5.15, which is elevated (Hypo) and advised me > to see my> General Practitioner. I have an > appointment with my GP tomorrow> morning. > > It occurred to me that I may have screwed up my Thyroid> with the Iodine, so I > stopped it altogether 2 days ago. I am >> wondering if Iodine can actually screw up your thyroid function and> make it go > Hypo? > > Thanks, > > PS-- I have been taking the> following for approximately 2 months: > > 2% Lugol's Solution -6 drops> (37.5 mg) > > VITAMINS > > B2 - 100 mg > B3 (Niacinamide) - 500 mg (I> see in retrospect that Dr Brownstein recommends > both of these doses> of B2 & B3 TWICE a day, > though) B12/Complex - 1-2 dropperfuls> Alphasorb C - 500 mg D3 - 5,000 IU > (down from 10,000 IU -Doc loaded> me bc I was > deficient, will go down further from this amount soon)> Gamma E > Tocopherol/Tocotrienols - 1 supplement/day Rainbow Light >> Women's One Multivitamin (does contain 200 mcg Selenium, sufficient> per Dr > Brownstein's recommendations) > > MINERALS > > Zinc> Picolinate - 22 mg > Catalyst Altered Trace Minerals (incl. Magnesium> 337 mg, Potassium 6.8 mg, > Sodium 6 mg, etc.....there is some> Selenium in > trace amounts) COQ-10 - 100 mg Chromium Complex - 200 mg> Food Based > Calcium -500 mg (contains 250 mg Magnesium, & 200 IU >> Vitamin D) > > OMEGA 3s > > Salmon Oil - 1 Supplement at each meal > >> ANTIOXIDANTS > > Grape Seed Extract 100-200 mg > Cayenne Pepper - 450> mg > Ginko Biloba - 1 dropperful > Ultimate Antioxidant from Baseline> Nutritionals > > ADDITIONAL > > Digestive Enzymes - 1/each meal (help> absorption bc of Celiac Disease) > Probiotics - 2 on empty stomach in> morning OR Plain Organic Yogurt in lieu of > this > PhiZymes from> Baseline Nutritionals (claim to digest fibroid cysts, but I am >> probably eliminating these bc I haven't noticed > improvment) Glucotor> v.2 from Baseline Nutritionals (probably eliminating this) > Ever> Young from Baseline Nutritionals > > I realize that I am probably> taking too much crap. I'm looking to refine to what is > really> necessary. I just thought I'd > list it all in case any one of these> things are significant. Thanks in advance! >> > >