RemedySpot.com

Re: Iodine issues

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Agnes,My rule of thumb is that I don't increase my dose until the detox symptoms have passed. How much water are you drinking? Are you also drinking coffee or anything else that might raise the water requirement?

in AlaskaOn Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM, agnes9971 <agnes9971@...> wrote:

Hi again,

I'm taking Iodoral for about two weeks with great results but started to have throat tightness and salty taste in my mouth. Saltiness has gone away but the tightness compelled me to stop iodine aso to give a break to my kidneys. I have been going to the bathroom often and started to have back pain, maybe kidney pain. My question is, do I stop iodine for two days and then go back to the dose I was taking which is 25 mg? Do I also increase my dose depite the throat tightness?

Thank lu,

Agnes

Hi ,I'm drinking water often but gosh, maybe not enough. I do drink one cup of coffee each day, or every other day. So should i stop iodine for longer than 2 days? Honestly I don't want to because I feel weaker and very brain fogged without it. At the same time, I worry about overworking my kidneys and about the throat tightness.Thank you again,AgnesSent from my iPadOn Feb 13, 2012, at 9:44 PM, Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...> wrote:

Hi Agnes,My rule of thumb is that I don't increase my dose until the detox symptoms have passed. How much water are you drinking? Are you also drinking coffee or anything else that might raise the water requirement?

Hi again,

I'm taking Iodoral for about two weeks with great results but started to have throat tightness and salty taste in my mouth. Saltiness has gone away but the tightness compelled me to stop iodine aso to give a break to my kidneys. I have been going to the bathroom often and started to have back pain, maybe kidney pain. My question is, do I stop iodine for two days and then go back to the dose I was taking which is 25 mg? Do I also increase my dose depite the throat tightness?

Thank lu,

Agnes

=

Hi Agnes,It is possible for the thyroid to enlarge when first taking iodine. My understanding is that is because it is trying to drink up all it can and get balanced. But that could feel like throat tightness. Don't know for sure that is the case for you but in my reading I have found that it does happen when starting iodine.

One easy way to make sure you are getting enough water is to figure out 1/2 your weight in ounces and then set that amount of water aside each morning in the fridge (or on the counter). Then at the end of the day if that water is gone, you know you have reached your goal.

Whenever starting a new supplement, if detox symptoms become too much for me I drop back and move up more gradually. You will have to find what works best for your body. in Alaska

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Agnes <agnes9971@...> wrote:

Hi ,I'm drinking water often but gosh, maybe not enough. I do drink one cup of coffee each day, or every other day. So should i stop iodine for longer than 2 days? Honestly I don't want to because I feel weaker and very brain fogged without it. At the same time, I worry about overworking my kidneys and about the throat tightness.

Thank you again,AgnesSent from my iPadOn Feb 13, 2012, at 9:44 PM, Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...> wrote:

Hi again,

Thank lu,

Agnes

=

You're not overworking your kidneys with iodine. You're protecting and

improving all your

systems.

--

On 13 Feb 2012 at 21:50, Agnes wrote:

>

>

>

> Hi ,

>

> I'm drinking water often but gosh, maybe not enough. I do drink one

> cup of coffee each day, or every other day.

>

> So should i stop iodine for longer than 2 days? Honestly I don't want

> to because I feel weaker and very brain fogged without it. At the same

> time, I worry about overworking my kidneys and about the throat

> tightness.

>

> Thank you again,

> Agnes

>

> Sent from my iPad

>

> On Feb 13, 2012, at 9:44 PM, Hidden Jewel

> <hiddenjewelalaska@...> wrote:

>

>

>

> Hi Agnes,

>

> My rule of thumb is that I don't increase my dose until the detox

> symptoms have passed. How much water are you drinking? Are you also

> drinking coffee or anything else that might raise the water

> requirement?

>

> in Alaska

>

>

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM, agnes9971 <agnes9971@...>

> wrote:

>

> Hi again,

>

> I'm taking Iodoral for about two weeks with great results but started

> to have throat tightness and salty taste in my mouth. Saltiness has

> gone away but the tightness compelled me to stop iodine aso to give a

> break to my kidneys. I have been going to the bathroom often and

> started to have back pain, maybe kidney pain. My question is, do I

> stop iodine for two days and then go back to the dose I was taking

> which is 25 mg? Do I also increase my dose depite the throat

> tightness?

>

> Thank lu,

> Agnes

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> =

I would agree with this. I had kidney failure 18 mths ago which has now

recovered and have taken iodine for the last 6 mths or longer with no issues

(and no problem in my kidney blood tests)

>

> You're not overworking your kidneys with iodine. You're protecting and

improving all your

> systems.

>

> --

>

>

, thank you for the helpful advice. Also, just a note, I have no thyroid si the tightness is not in they thyroid.Sent from my HTC smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!----- Reply message -----From: " Hidden Jewel " <hiddenjewelalaska@...><iodine >Subject: Iodine issuesDate: Mon, Feb 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi Agnes,It is possible for the thyroid to enlarge when first taking iodine. My understanding is that is because it is trying to drink up all it can and get balanced. But that could feel like throat tightness. Don't know for sure that is the case for you but in my reading I have found that it does happen when starting iodine.

One easy way to make sure you are getting enough water is to figure out 1/2 your weight in ounces and then set that amount of water aside each morning in the fridge (or on the counter). Then at the end of the day if that water is gone, you know you have reached your goal.

Whenever starting a new supplement, if detox symptoms become too much for me I drop back and move up more gradually. You will have to find what works best for your body. in Alaska

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Agnes <agnes9971@...> wrote:

Hi ,I'm drinking water often but gosh, maybe not enough. I do drink one cup of coffee each day, or every other day. So should i stop iodine for longer than 2 days? Honestly I don't want to because I feel weaker and very brain fogged without it. At the same time, I worry about overworking my kidneys and about the throat tightness.

Thank you again,AgnesSent from my iPadOn Feb 13, 2012, at 9:44 PM, Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...> wrote:

Hi again,

Thank lu,

Agnes

=