RemedySpot.com

Re: Can iodine cause heavy periods?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm not a mod so I can only speak to my own experience, but my first period after starting iodine was the heaviest of my life.

Kristi

On Feb 22, 2012, at 11:01 AM, jyiauri wrote:

Hello group

I have been on Lugols 2% 4 drops daily for 2 weeks now. I got my period at the regular time but its very heavy like never before. Could iodine be causing this change? I am about to turn 47 so I do expect some changes any how due to menopause coming any time I guess. Has any one experienced this? I am taking all the companion supplements now.

Thanks

Joanna

Mine too.  I would love to know why.Laraleehttp://www.PlymouthRockRanch.comRecording the Faithfulness and Provision of God for Future Generations

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Kristi <kristiashley@...> wrote:

I'm not a mod so I can only speak to my own experience, but my first period after starting iodine was the heaviest of my life. 

Kristi

Hello group

I have been on Lugols 2% 4 drops daily for 2 weeks now. I got my period at the regular time but its very heavy like never before. Could iodine be causing this change? I am about to turn 47 so I do expect some changes any how due to menopause coming any time I guess. Has any one experienced this? I am taking all the companion supplements now.

Thanks

Joanna

Is it possible because your body is regulating and is on the opposite pendulum swing at the time of the first period? in AlaskaOn Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Mommaof10 <mommaof10@...> wrote:

Mine too.  I would love to know why.Laraleehttp://www.PlymouthRockRanch.comRecording the Faithfulness and Provision of God for Future Generations

Kristi

Hello group

Thanks

Joanna

I suspect that my hormones are very imbalanced, which of course would cause heavy bleeding too, but this was much, much heavier than even my heaviest period. And I'm no stranger to menorrhagia.

Kristi

On Feb 22, 2012, at 4:01 PM, Mommaof10 wrote:

Mine too. I would love to know why.Laraleehttp://www.PlymouthRockRanch.comRecording the Faithfulness and Provision of God for Future Generations

Kristi

Hello group

Thanks

Joanna

Did your periods stay heavy or was it just the one time? I already have extremely heavy periods, keeping me anemic. I was hoping the iodine would make it lighter.len From: Mommaof10 <mommaof10@...> iodine Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:01 PM Subject: Re: Can iodine cause heavy periods?

Mine too. I would love to know why.Laraleehttp://www.PlymouthRockRanch.comRecording the Faithfulness and Provision of God for Future Generations

Kristi

Hello group

Thanks

Joanna

Me too, again, Kristi.  Laraleehttp://www.PlymouthRockRanch.comRecording the Faithfulness and Provision of God for Future Generations

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Kristi <kristiashley@...> wrote:

I suspect that my hormones are very imbalanced, which of course would cause heavy bleeding too, but this was much, much heavier than even my heaviest period. And I'm no stranger to menorrhagia. 

Kristi

On Feb 22, 2012, at 4:01 PM, Mommaof10 wrote:

Kristi

Hello group

Thanks

Joanna

I've only had 2 since starting the iodine, so I'm no case study, merely a n=1. I'll keep you updated if you'd like though, I'm watching it as I'm keeping track of everything at this point. I'm on 50mg, contemplating a higher iodine dose. I don't have anemia myself, I supplement iron and eat loads of red meat. I too hope that it will eventually work to lighten my periods.

Kristi Tickety BuTicketyBu.com

On Feb 22, 2012, at 4:21 PM, len Ramsey wrote:

Did your periods stay heavy or was it just the one time? I already have extremely heavy periods, keeping me anemic. I was hoping the iodine would make it lighter.len From: Mommaof10 <mommaof10@...> iodine Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:01 PM Subject: Re: Can iodine cause heavy periods?

Kristi

Hello group

Thanks

Joanna

Heavy periods that are spaced over 28 days apart can be a sign of hypo. In

hyper, the periods are less than 28 days apart and very light.

Barb

> >

> > 

> >>Hello group

> >>

> >>I have been on Lugols 2% 4 drops daily for 2 weeks now. I got my period at

the regular time but its very heavy like never before. Could iodine be causing

this change? I am about to turn 47 so I do expect some changes any how due to

menopause coming any time I guess. Has any one experienced this? I am taking

all the companion supplements now.

> >>

> >>Thanks

> >>Joanna

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

>

Periods are not always heavy with low thyroid although they can be.  in AlaskaOn Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Barb <baba@...> wrote:

Heavy periods that are spaced over 28 days apart can be a sign of hypo. In hyper, the periods are less than 28 days apart and very light.

Barb

> >

> > 

> >>Hello group

> >>

> >>I have been on Lugols 2% 4 drops daily for 2 weeks now. I got my period at the regular time but its very heavy like never before. Could iodine be causing this change? I am about to turn 47 so I do expect some changes any how due to menopause coming any time I guess. Has any one experienced this? I am taking all the companion supplements now.

> >>

> >>Thanks

> >>Joanna

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

>

What would 21-25 days and very heavy be?  Low progesterone and perimenopausal and hypo?  I *used* to be heavy and over unpredictable but over 28 days.....usually 32-38 days.  Laraleehttp://www.PlymouthRockRanch.com

Recording the Faithfulness and Provision of God for Future Generations

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Barb <baba@...> wrote:

Heavy periods that are spaced over 28 days apart can be a sign of hypo. In hyper, the periods are less than 28 days apart and very light.

Barb

> >

> > 

> >>Hello group

> >>

> >>I have been on Lugols 2% 4 drops daily for 2 weeks now. I got my period at the regular time but its very heavy like never before. Could iodine be causing this change? I am about to turn 47 so I do expect some changes any how due to menopause coming any time I guess. Has any one experienced this? I am taking all the companion supplements now.

> >>

> >>Thanks

> >>Joanna

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

>

This is one time I wish for hyper, lol. I'm hypo, but my last cycle was 20 days. Ugh.

On Feb 22, 2012, at 4:57 PM, Barb wrote:

Barb

> >

> >Â

> >>Hello group

> >>

> >>

> >>Thanks

> >>Joanna

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

>

Nope, both were, but one was when I had my IUD removed, so I'm not sure I should count that given there was a lot off aggravation to my uterus then (took them 2 tries to remove it, ugh). I had just started the iodine when the first period came and was not on a high dose of iodine at the time, 12.5mg if I am remembering correctly, but it could have been 25mg too. Laralee, I'm so sorry to hear that this is the case for you too. It's not at all fun.

On Feb 22, 2012, at 4:34 PM, Joanna Uribe wrote:

Kristy, is it only your first period after iodine that was heavy?

I am wondering if I'm ovulating at all. I suspect a bad estrogen/progesterone balance, perhaps suppressed levels of both in my case. I used to be heavy and unpredictable as well, then with the IUD I was predictable, although heavy. Now I'm short cycled and heavy, lol. What a mess we are! This is probably OT, perhaps we should take this to the OT forum?

On Feb 22, 2012, at 5:00 PM, Mommaof10 wrote:

What would 21-25 days and very heavy be? Low progesterone and perimenopausal and hypo? I *used* to be heavy and over unpredictable but over 28 days.....usually 32-38 days. Laraleehttp://www.PlymouthRockRanch.com

Recording the Faithfulness and Provision of God for Future Generations

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Barb <baba@...> wrote:

Barb

> >

> >Â

> >>Hello group

> >>

> >>

> >>Thanks

> >>Joanna

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

>

If you are around menopausal age, then fluctuations in estrogen, progesterone,

and other conditions like uterine fibroids can also contribute to heavy periods,

and fluctuations in period cycles.

Barb

> > > >

> > > >Â

> > > >>Hello group

> > > >>

> > > >>I have been on Lugols 2% 4 drops daily for 2 weeks now. I got my period

at the regular time but its very heavy like never before. Could iodine be

causing this change? I am about to turn 47 so I do expect some changes any how

due to menopause coming any time I guess. Has any one experienced this? I am

taking all the companion supplements now.

> > > >>

> > > >>Thanks

> > > >>Joanna

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

I just had my first period since starting iodine. I'm taking all companion nutrients and salt. My period was super heavy as usual, but more painful than it's been in a long time. Not sure what to make of that, although there is a confounding variable in that this month I also started on the Buhner herbal protocol for Lyme. 

ShaunaOn Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Kristi <kristiashley@...> wrote:

Kristi

Hello group

Thanks

Joanna

Hi Shauna,I have been doing the iodine protocol for around 8 months now. The first time I had my periods after taking iodine I had heavy and painful periods with nausea. This had only happened once before after they had stopped for 12 months because of stress when I was 18 years old and I am 44 now. Every period since has been back to normal which is painless and I think a normal flow though I don't really know what normal is.Hope this helps.Fiona From: Shauna Boren <skboren@...> iodine Sent: Thursday, 23 February 2012 9:25 AM Subject: Re: Can iodine cause heavy periods?

I just had my first period since starting iodine. I'm taking all companion nutrients and salt. My period was super heavy as usual, but more painful than it's been in a long time. Not sure what to make of that, although there is a confounding variable in that this month I also started on the Buhner herbal protocol for Lyme.

Kristi

Hello group

Thanks

Joanna

I had just the opposite experience. My period stopped completely and never

returned after I started to take iodine over a year ago. I'll be 53 this year.

Is this normal?

>

> Hello group

>

> I have been on Lugols 2% 4 drops daily for 2 weeks now. I got my period at the

regular time but its very heavy like never before. Could iodine be causing this

change? I am about to turn 47 so I do expect some changes any how due to

menopause coming any time I guess. Has any one experienced this? I am taking

all the companion supplements now.

>

> Thanks

> Joanna

>

This is weird because my 1st period was extremely light but lasted for longer than usual. I had one day of bright red but light flow. The first few ad last few days were not even a flow. Tissue just looked rusty when wiping. I did have lots of particles coming out but not any type of normal flow. I wonder why my experience is so diff than anyone else. Is it age? I'm 28 but have ha 3 kids. Without birth control, my periods are really heavy and painful and long. With it, they are 3-4 days of light and med. any idea why my 1st period on iodine was almost non-existent? Sent from my iPhoneOn Feb 23, 2012, at 12:30 AM, Fiona Schipke <fionaschipke@...> wrote:

Hi Shauna,I have been doing the iodine protocol for around 8 months now. The first time I had my periods after taking iodine I had heavy and painful periods with nausea. This had only happened once before after they had stopped for 12 months because of stress when I was 18 years old and I am 44 now. Every period since has been back to normal which is painless and I think a normal flow though I don't really know what normal is.Hope this helps.Fiona From: Shauna Boren <skboren@...> iodine Sent: Thursday, 23 February 2012 9:25 AM Subject: Re: Can iodine cause heavy periods?

Kristi

Hello group

Thanks

Joanna

Hi Joanna,

That is the age most people are in meopause. Sounds like you had an easy transition!

Kind regards,

Kathleen

Re: Can iodine cause heavy periods?

I had just the opposite experience. My period stopped completely and never returned after I started to take iodine over a year ago. I'll be 53 this year. Is this normal?>> Hello group> > I have been on Lugols 2% 4 drops daily for 2 weeks now. I got my period at the regular time but its very heavy like never before. Could iodine be causing this change? I am about to turn 47 so I do expect some changes any how due to menopause coming any time I guess. Has any one experienced this? I am taking all the companion supplements now.> > Thanks> Joanna>

Is it possible heavy periods are a form of detox?

Jaye

> >

> > Hello group

> >

> > I have been on Lugols 2% 4 drops daily for 2 weeks now. I got my period at

the regular time but its very heavy like never before. Could iodine be causing

this change? I am about to turn 47 so I do expect some changes any how due to

menopause coming any time I guess. Has any one experienced this? I am taking all

the companion supplements now.

> >

> > Thanks

> > Joanna

> >

>

Weird, I don't know that it's age, as I'm 28 and have two kids. I'd rather have your experience, with my period almost non-existent. Maybe you're at a higher dose than I am. I'm only at about 10 drops of 2% Lugol's per day.

ShaunaOn Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Hermoso-Post <tiffanyjpost@...> wrote:

This is weird because my 1st period was extremely light but lasted for longer than usual. I had one day of bright red but light flow. The first few ad last few days were not even a flow. Tissue just looked rusty when wiping. I did have lots of particles coming out but not any type of normal flow. I wonder why my experience is so diff than anyone else. Is it age? I'm 28 but have ha 3 kids. Without birth control, my periods are really heavy and painful and long. With it, they are 3-4 days of light and med. any idea why my 1st period on iodine was almost non-existent? 

Shauna, I'm at about 35 drops if the same solution but was at 20 on my first period~JoanOn Feb 24, 2012, at 9:50 AM, Shauna Boren <skboren@...> wrote:

Weird, I don't know that it's age, as I'm 28 and have two kids. I'd rather have your experience, with my period almost non-existent. Maybe you're at a higher dose than I am. I'm only at about 10 drops of 2% Lugol's per day.

This is weird because my 1st period was extremely light but lasted for longer than usual. I had one day of bright red but light flow. The first few ad last few days were not even a flow. Tissue just looked rusty when wiping. I did have lots of particles coming out but not any type of normal flow. I wonder why my experience is so diff than anyone else. Is it age? I'm 28 but have ha 3 kids. Without birth control, my periods are really heavy and painful and long. With it, they are 3-4 days of light and med. any idea why my 1st period on iodine was almost non-existent?

Thanks , maybe it is the dose, then. ShaunaOn Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Hermoso-Post <tiffanyjpost@...> wrote:

Shauna, I'm at about 35 drops if the same solution but was at 20 on my first period~JoanOn Feb 24, 2012, at 9:50 AM, Shauna Boren <skboren@...> wrote: