RemedySpot.com

Re: More iodine questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Agnes,

Why are you having a mammogram? There have been studies that the radiation in the mammogram can in fact cause cancer. Look into having a thermography, if you google it, you will see it is safe and non-toxic as opposed to mammograms. Of course this is a personal choice, but please do some research! I doubt taking iodine will change the results .

Make sure you are taking your iodine no later than 1 or 2pm in the afternoon. Many find if it is taken later in the day than that, they can experience trouble sleeping. You can also try pulse dosing.

Best,

Kathleen

More iodine questions

Hi there,I would appreciate some input on the following two issues I'm having with iodine. 1. I'm having a mammogram on Wed and wonder if iodine can change the results. Should I stop it the day before or just go on as usual?2. I'm taking 12.5 Iodoral with all accompanying supplements plus NanoGreens but afe about three weeks of taking it, my sleep pattern has become horrible. I used to wake up at night before but now it's always between 1-2am. I very awake and alert after that. Any ideas how I can help myself? Sould I trynAshwaganda?Thank you so much,Agnes

Agnes,

Dr. Kruse at Marks Daily Apple has made it clear that he will not allow his wife

to get a mammogram, and insists she get a thermography. He also refuses X-Rays

from his dentist, and airport scans. So Dr. Kruse agrees with Kathleen. (digital

doctor in this thread) I also will not let my wife get a mammogram. Just ask

yourself why the tech is hiding behind a lead wall to give the mammogram? Answer

- they are afraid of getting cancer!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread32345-1638.html#post708685

Grizz

>

> Hi Agnes,

> Why are you having a mammogram? There have been studies that the radiation in

the mammogram can in fact cause cancer. Look into having a thermography, if you

google it, you will see it is safe and non-toxic as opposed to mammograms. Of

course this is a personal choice, but please do some research! I doubt taking

iodine will change the results .

> Make sure you are taking your iodine no later than 1 or 2pm in the

afternoon. Many find if it is taken later in the day than that, they can

experience trouble sleeping. You can also try pulse dosing.

> Best,

> Kathleen

> moderator

>

> More iodine questions

>

>

>

> Hi there,

>

> I would appreciate some input on the following two issues I'm having with

iodine.

>

> 1. I'm having a mammogram on Wed and wonder if iodine can change the

results. Should I stop it the day before or just go on as usual?

>

> 2. I'm taking 12.5 Iodoral with all accompanying supplements plus NanoGreens

but afe about three weeks of taking it, my sleep pattern has become horrible. I

used to wake up at night before but now it's always between 1-2am. I very awake

and alert after that. Any ideas how I can help myself? Sould I trynAshwaganda?

>

> Thank you so much,

> Agnes

>

I have never had a mammogram and never will. I have told several docs that I am aware of the thermography and would prefer that, but they never want me to do that! Of course, I also tell them that when I leave this world I am taking all of me, I am not leaving pieces on a surgical table. There is simply no reason to put women thru that kind of pain or expose them to radiation … again. DodyColorado From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of Kathleen BlakeSent: Friday, February 24, 2012 12:43 PMiodine Subject: Re: More iodine questions Hi Agnes, Why are you having a mammogram? There have been studies that the radiation in the mammogram can in fact cause cancer. Look into having a thermography, if you google it, you will see it is safe and non-toxic as opposed to mammograms. Of course this is a personal choice, but please do some research! I doubt taking iodine will change the results . Make sure you are taking your iodine no later than 1 or 2pm in the afternoon. Many find if it is taken later in the day than that, they can experience trouble sleeping. You can also try pulse dosing.Best,Kathleenmoderator More iodine questions Hi there,I would appreciate some input on the following two issues I'm having with iodine. 1. I'm having a mammogram on Wed and wonder if iodine can change the results. Should I stop it the day before or just go on as usual?2. I'm taking 12.5 Iodoral with all accompanying supplements plus NanoGreens but afe about three weeks of taking it, my sleep pattern has become horrible. I used to wake up at night before but now it's always between 1-2am. I very awake and alert after that. Any ideas how I can help myself? Sould I trynAshwaganda?Thank you so much,Agnes

You can have a thermogram on your own. You don't have to have a doctor's referral to do a thermogram. You may have to pay for it but would be worth it. Just this year, thanks to a thermogram, I was able to catch issues early and treat them proactively before anything horrible developed. 

in AlaskaOn Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Dorothy VerSluis <ddversluis@...> wrote:

I have never had a mammogram and never will.  I have told several docs that I am aware of the thermography and would prefer that, but they never want me to do that!  Of course, I also tell them that when I leave this world I am taking all of me, I am not leaving pieces on a surgical table. 

There is simply no reason to put women thru that kind of pain or expose them to radiation … again.

DodyColorado

Hi Kathleen,Thank you for the reply. I'm scheduled for my annual mammogram bc I'm 40 and had fibrocystic breast. I'll google thermography and hope it's covered by insurance. My expenses for natural treatments most not covered by insurance are exceeding my budget. I'm taking iodine at 1pm or before 2pm. Despite that I'm really messed up with my sleep and getting worried. I want to know if anyone experienced this and how they helped themselves. I can't function on going to sleep at 10pm and waking up at 1am! It's worse than before when I was waking up at 3 or 4am! Thank you again,AgnesSent from my iPadOn Feb 24, 2012, at 2:43 PM, "Kathleen Blake" <kathleenblake@...> wrote:

Hi Agnes,

Why are you having a mammogram? There have been studies that the radiation in the mammogram can in fact cause cancer. Look into having a thermography, if you google it, you will see it is safe and non-toxic as opposed to mammograms. Of course this is a personal choice, but please do some research! I doubt taking iodine will change the results .

Make sure you are taking your iodine no later than 1 or 2pm in the afternoon. Many find if it is taken later in the day than that, they can experience trouble sleeping. You can also try pulse dosing.

Best,

Kathleen

More iodine questions

Hi there,I would appreciate some input on the following two issues I'm having with iodine. 1. I'm having a mammogram on Wed and wonder if iodine can change the results. Should I stop it the day before or just go on as usual?2. I'm taking 12.5 Iodoral with all accompanying supplements plus NanoGreens but afe about three weeks of taking it, my sleep pattern has become horrible. I used to wake up at night before but now it's always between 1-2am. I very awake and alert after that. Any ideas how I can help myself? Sould I trynAshwaganda?Thank you so much,Agnes

=

Thank u all for the info on mammograms. I'm looking into thermography.Sent from my iPadOn Feb 24, 2012, at 9:59 PM, "Dorothy VerSluis" <ddversluis@...> wrote:

I have never had a mammogram and never will. I have told several docs that I am aware of the thermography and would prefer that, but they never want me to do that! Of course, I also tell them that when I leave this world I am taking all of me, I am not leaving pieces on a surgical table. There is simply no reason to put women thru that kind of pain or expose them to radiation … again. DodyColorado From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of Kathleen BlakeSent: Friday, February 24, 2012 12:43 PMiodine Subject: Re: More iodine questions Hi Agnes, Why are you having a mammogram? There have been studies that the radiation in the mammogram can in fact cause cancer. Look into having a thermography, if you google it, you will see it is safe and non-toxic as opposed to mammograms. Of course this is a personal choice, but please do some research! I doubt taking iodine will change the results . Make sure you are taking your iodine no later than 1 or 2pm in the afternoon. Many find if it is taken later in the day than that, they can experience trouble sleeping. You can also try pulse dosing.Best,Kathleenmoderator More iodine questions Hi there,I would appreciate some input on the following two issues I'm having with iodine. 1. I'm having a mammogram on Wed and wonder if iodine can change the results. Should I stop it the day before or just go on as usual?2. I'm taking 12.5 Iodoral with all accompanying supplements plus NanoGreens but afe about three weeks of taking it, my sleep pattern has become horrible. I used to wake up at night before but now it's always between 1-2am. I very awake and alert after that. Any ideas how I can help myself? Sould I trynAshwaganda?Thank you so much,Agnes

=

Thank you Grizz for your input. I appreciate it.Sent from my iPadOn Feb 24, 2012, at 3:08 PM, "grizz003" <grizz8562@...> wrote:

Agnes,

Dr. Kruse at Marks Daily Apple has made it clear that he will not allow his wife to get a mammogram, and insists she get a thermography. He also refuses X-Rays from his dentist, and airport scans. So Dr. Kruse agrees with Kathleen. (digital doctor in this thread) I also will not let my wife get a mammogram. Just ask yourself why the tech is hiding behind a lead wall to give the mammogram? Answer - they are afraid of getting cancer!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread32345-1638.html#post708685

Grizz

>

> Hi Agnes,

> Why are you having a mammogram? There have been studies that the radiation in the mammogram can in fact cause cancer. Look into having a thermography, if you google it, you will see it is safe and non-toxic as opposed to mammograms. Of course this is a personal choice, but please do some research! I doubt taking iodine will change the results .

> Make sure you are taking your iodine no later than 1 or 2pm in the afternoon. Many find if it is taken later in the day than that, they can experience trouble sleeping. You can also try pulse dosing.

> Best,

> Kathleen

> moderator

>

> More iodine questions

>

>

>

> Hi there,

>

> I would appreciate some input on the following two issues I'm having with iodine.

>

> 1. I'm having a mammogram on Wed and wonder if iodine can change the results. Should I stop it the day before or just go on as usual?

>

> 2. I'm taking 12.5 Iodoral with all accompanying supplements plus NanoGreens but afe about three weeks of taking it, my sleep pattern has become horrible. I used to wake up at night before but now it's always between 1-2am. I very awake and alert after that. Any ideas how I can help myself? Sould I trynAshwaganda?

>

> Thank you so much,

> Agnes

>

=

Hi Agnes,

Try taking your iodine early, with breakfast. This should help you sleep better! Hope you are taking the companion nutrients as well.

Kathleen

More iodine questions

=

Agnes,

iodine is a known & proven cure for fibrocystic breasts. Also PCOS,

Endometriosis & fibroid tumors + related cancers.

(5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O6LDqyZguU & feature=related

(6) http://www.lewrockwell.com/miller/miller20.html

(12) http://www.newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james37.htm

What is your current dosage for iodine? What other treatments are you taking?

Let us know what the costs are for thermography that you find.

+1 on taking your iodine early in the AM.

Best to you,

Grizz

>

> > Hi Agnes,

> > Why are you having a mammogram? There have been studies that the radiation

in the mammogram can in fact cause cancer. Look into having a thermography, if

you google it, you will see it is safe and non-toxic as opposed to mammograms.

Of course this is a personal choice, but please do some research! I doubt taking

iodine will change the results .

> > Make sure you are taking your iodine no later than 1 or 2pm in the

afternoon. Many find if it is taken later in the day than that, they can

experience trouble sleeping. You can also try pulse dosing.

> > Best,

> > Kathleen

> > moderator

> >

> > More iodine questions

> >

> >

> > Hi there,

> >

> > I would appreciate some input on the following two issues I'm having with

iodine.

> >

> > 1. I'm having a mammogram on Wed and wonder if iodine can change the

results. Should I stop it the day before or just go on as usual?

> >

> > 2. I'm taking 12.5 Iodoral with all accompanying supplements plus NanoGreens

but afe about three weeks of taking it, my sleep pattern has become horrible. I

used to wake up at night before but now it's always between 1-2am. I very awake

and alert after that. Any ideas how I can help myself? Sould I trynAshwaganda?

> >

> > Thank you so much,

> > Agnes

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by

> > Artist makes elaborate snow crop circles

> > Simon Beck creates his massive works of snow art using little more than a

pair of snowshoes.

> > Privacy Policy

>

I have never had any pain doing a mammogram on " C " size boobs.

sent from my generic PC.

G

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > I have never had a mammogram and never will. I have told several docs

> > that I am aware of the thermography and would prefer that, but they never

> > want me to do that! Of course, I also tell them that when I leave this

> > world I am taking all of me, I am not leaving pieces on a surgical table.

> > ****

> >

> > ** **

> >

> > There is simply no reason to put women thru that kind of pain or expose

> > them to radiation … again.****

> >

> > ** **

> >

> > Dody****

> >

> > Colorado****

> >

> >

> >

>

I have read that valerian can be helpful. The Walmart brand Spring Valley is good quality and reasonably priced. My 24 year old son started taking this recently because of sleep issues and he found it quite effective.-Kim From: Agnes <agnes9971@...> "iodine " <iodine > Cc:

"<iodine >" <iodine > Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 9:44 PM Subject: Re: More iodine questions

Hi Kathleen,Thank you for the reply. I'm scheduled for my annual mammogram bc I'm 40 and had fibrocystic breast. I'll google thermography and hope it's covered by insurance. My expenses for natural treatments most not covered by insurance are exceeding my budget. I'm taking iodine at 1pm or before 2pm. Despite that I'm really messed up with my sleep and getting worried. I want to know if anyone experienced this and how they helped themselves. I can't function on going to sleep at 10pm and waking up at 1am! It's worse than before when I was waking up at 3 or 4am! Thank you again,AgnesSent from my iPadOn Feb 24, 2012, at 2:43 PM, "Kathleen Blake" <kathleenblake@...>

wrote:

Hi Agnes,

Best,

Kathleen

More iodine questions

=

Pain is the of the concerns with a mammogram even though it can be a problem. Damaging of tissue and radiation exposure are two things you definitely have to weigh the pros and cons of.

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 5:31 AM, gin2c <gin2c@...> wrote:

I have never had any pain doing a mammogram on " C " size boobs.

sent from my generic PC.

G

I too have sleep issues, that developed 4 years ago and developed into PTSD type

symptoms. Im on a cocktail of meds for sleep (either of them are sleep pills

actually).

If you can nap during the day, or always end up falling back to sleep at night,

I would not worry about it. (If you cant nap, you may be hyper or high Reverse

T3??) Let the Iodine do its work, and over the next 6-12 months get your

endocrine back to balance and your sleep will come naturally. As ive learned,

take everything they recommend as supplementing nutrients so your body can detox

bromine, and learn meditation just 1-3 minutes once or twice a day.

If you start on drugs the road back to normal will be ten times harder (speaking

from experience).

Also regarding sleep: ashwanda during day is good if your stressed. I would

suggest finding a a great accupuncturist and doing 8-12 sessions then doing

herbs based on his/her diagnosis. THat has also helped me.

No two people are alike what works for one wont most likely work for another.

>

>

>  

> >Hi Agnes,

> > Why are you having a mammogram? There have been studies that the

> radiation in the mammogram can in fact cause cancer. Look into having a

> thermography, if you google it, you will see it is safe and non-toxic as

opposed

> to mammograms. Of course this is a personal choice, but please do some

research!

> I doubt taking iodine will change the results .

> >  Make sure you are taking your iodine no later than 1 or 2pm in the

> afternoon. Many find if it is taken later in the day than that, they can

> experience trouble sleeping.  You can also try pulse dosing.

> >Best,

> >Kathleen

> >moderator

> > 

> >>

> >> 

> >>Hi there,

> >>

> >>I would appreciate some input on the following two issues

> I'm having with iodine.

> >>

> >>1. I'm having a mammogram on Wed and wonder if

> iodine can change the results. Should I stop it the day before or just go on

> as usual?

> >>

> >>2. I'm taking 12.5 Iodoral with all accompanying supplements

> plus NanoGreens but afe about three weeks of taking it, my sleep pattern has

> become horrible. I used to wake up at night before but now it's always

between

> 1-2am. I very awake and alert after that. Any ideas how I can help myself?

> Sould I trynAshwaganda?

> >>

> >>Thank you so much,

> >>Agnes

> >>

> >>=

>

I pay between $185 and $210 for my thermograms. in AlaskaOn Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 2:31 AM, grizz003 <grizz8562@...> wrote:

Best to you,

Grizz

There is a recent article from the BBC that says that sleeping all night is not

normal for human beings. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16964783

If you need to, just get up, read a book, do some puzzles, clean the house etc.

Then go back to bed a few hours later.

The stress comes more from feeling that you are failing at this sleep business

and trying to force yourself to drop off. It is usually easier to get up and do

something till you are ready to drop off again.

G.

>

>

> I too have sleep issues, that developed 4 years ago and developed into PTSD

type symptoms. Im on a cocktail of meds for sleep (either of them are sleep

pills actually).

>

> If you can nap during the day, or always end up falling back to sleep at

night, I would not worry about it. (If you cant nap, you may be hyper or high

Reverse T3??) Let the Iodine do its work, and over the next 6-12 months get your

endocrine back to balance and your sleep will come naturally. As ive learned,

take everything they recommend as supplementing nutrients so your body can detox

bromine, and learn meditation just 1-3 minutes once or twice a day.

>

> If you start on drugs the road back to normal will be ten times harder

(speaking from experience).

>

> Also regarding sleep: ashwanda during day is good if your stressed. I would

suggest finding a a great accupuncturist and doing 8-12 sessions then doing

herbs based on his/her diagnosis. THat has also helped me.

>

> No two people are alike what works for one wont most likely work for another.

>

>

>

Thank you all for your replies to my questions. In reply, I'm thyroid less since 2004 and still taking synthroid 100. I'm on Iodoral 12.5mcg and will not increase for a while bc I had some side effects like throat tightness. I feel better overall with higher energy, clearer thinking, lighter periods, no female pains etc. All is getting better except the sleep. Originally, I have been waking up often and not able to sleep after the 3 or 4am wake up. I will not take sleeping pills but I do take Valerian or Chamomile extract. Despite this, I started to wake up at 1am! This only happened when I started taking Iodoral. And yes, I'm taking all supplements and Celtic salt with Iodoral. I'm waiting for my appt with an endo who treats with NT. I'm definitely getting off synthroid. Once, I get my saliva test completed, I'll post he results and will probably treat myself with Isocort. I also plan to try Ashwaganda bc the sleep issue has been killing me.Thank you all again,AgnesSent from my iPadOn Feb 25, 2012, at 12:14 PM, " Kidman" <getspent2k@...> wrote:

I too have sleep issues, that developed 4 years ago and developed into PTSD type symptoms. Im on a cocktail of meds for sleep (either of them are sleep pills actually).

If you can nap during the day, or always end up falling back to sleep at night, I would not worry about it. (If you cant nap, you may be hyper or high Reverse T3??) Let the Iodine do its work, and over the next 6-12 months get your endocrine back to balance and your sleep will come naturally. As ive learned, take everything they recommend as supplementing nutrients so your body can detox bromine, and learn meditation just 1-3 minutes once or twice a day.

If you start on drugs the road back to normal will be ten times harder (speaking from experience).

Also regarding sleep: ashwanda during day is good if your stressed. I would suggest finding a a great accupuncturist and doing 8-12 sessions then doing herbs based on his/her diagnosis. THat has also helped me.

No two people are alike what works for one wont most likely work for another.

>

>

> Â

> >Hi Agnes,

> >Â Why are you having a mammogram? There have been studies that the

> radiation in the mammogram can in fact cause cancer. Look into having a

> thermography, if you google it, you will see it is safe and non-toxic as opposed

> to mammograms. Of course this is a personal choice, but please do some research!

> I doubt taking iodine will change the results .

> >Â Make sure you are taking your iodine no later than 1 or 2pm in the

> afternoon. Many find if it is taken later in the day than that, they can

> experience trouble sleeping. You can also try pulse dosing.

> >Best,

> >Kathleen

> >moderator

> >Â

> >>

> >>Â

> >>Hi there,

> >>

> >>I would appreciate some input on the following two issues

> I'm having with iodine.

> >>

> >>1. I'm having a mammogram on Wed and wonder if

> iodine can change the results. Should I stop it the day before or just go on

> as usual?

> >>

> >>2. I'm taking 12.5 Iodoral with all accompanying supplements

> plus NanoGreens but afe about three weeks of taking it, my sleep pattern has

> become horrible. I used to wake up at night before but now it's always between

> 1-2am. I very awake and alert after that. Any ideas how I can help myself?

> Sould I trynAshwaganda?

> >>

> >>Thank you so much,

> >>Agnes

> >>

> >>=

>

Agnes,My husband woke up in the early morning hours often and could not go back to sleep. When he started taking a B-Complex he started sleeping better. He also started turmeric and vitamin D3 5000 at the same time; however, it seems that the B-complex played a large role in his sleeping and feeling better. Don't know if low B vitamins would be contributing to your waking but wanted to mention our success as this has been a long standing issue for him.

in AlaskaOn Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Agnes <agnes9971@...> wrote:

Thank you all for your replies to my questions. In reply, I'm thyroid less since 2004 and still taking synthroid 100. I'm on Iodoral 12.5mcg and will not increase for a while bc I had some side effects like throat tightness. I feel better overall with higher energy, clearer thinking, lighter periods, no female pains etc. All is getting better except the sleep. Originally, I have been waking up often and not able to sleep after the 3 or 4am wake up. I will not take sleeping pills but I do take Valerian or Chamomile extract. Despite this, I started to wake up at 1am! This only happened when I started taking Iodoral. And yes, I'm taking all supplements and Celtic salt with Iodoral. 

I'm waiting for my appt with an endo who treats with NT. I'm definitely getting off synthroid. Once, I get my saliva test completed, I'll post he results and will probably treat myself with Isocort. I also plan to try Ashwaganda bc the sleep issue has been killing me.

Thank you all again,Agnes

Thank you, . I'm already on 5000 of D3 and taking B Complex. I am sure my adrenals are messed up from TT but can't self treat without saliva test results.Sent from my iPadOn Feb 25, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...> wrote:

Agnes,My husband woke up in the early morning hours often and could not go back to sleep. When he started taking a B-Complex he started sleeping better. He also started turmeric and vitamin D3 5000 at the same time; however, it seems that the B-complex played a large role in his sleeping and feeling better. Don't know if low B vitamins would be contributing to your waking but wanted to mention our success as this has been a long standing issue for him.

in AlaskaOn Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Agnes <agnes9971@...> wrote:

Thank you all for your replies to my questions. In reply, I'm thyroid less since 2004 and still taking synthroid 100. I'm on Iodoral 12.5mcg and will not increase for a while bc I had some side effects like throat tightness. I feel better overall with higher energy, clearer thinking, lighter periods, no female pains etc. All is getting better except the sleep. Originally, I have been waking up often and not able to sleep after the 3 or 4am wake up. I will not take sleeping pills but I do take Valerian or Chamomile extract. Despite this, I started to wake up at 1am! This only happened when I started taking Iodoral. And yes, I'm taking all supplements and Celtic salt with Iodoral.

I'm waiting for my appt with an endo who treats with NT. I'm definitely getting off synthroid. Once, I get my saliva test completed, I'll post he results and will probably treat myself with Isocort. I also plan to try Ashwaganda bc the sleep issue has been killing me.

Thank you all again,Agnes

You gave me a chuckle. I did not expect that size would affect whether there would be pain or not, since from everything I have seen and heard it is an adjustable apparatus. But for the record, from age 19 to 30 I was a 32-DD, then 34-DD, then had 3 kids and it went 36, 38, 40, and always DD. I am basing the idea of pain mostly on jokes I have heard, not from real people who have told me they had pain. But, I must agree that it seems to me if there were a cyst in a breast and it was snugged up in the machine, it could burst. Sounds logical, right? Ah well. I'm holding out for the thermography. DodyColorado From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of gin2cSent: Saturday, February 25, 2012 7:32 AMiodine Subject: Re: More iodine questions I have never had any pain doing a mammogram on " C " size boobs.sent from my generic PC.G> > > **> >> >> > I have never had a mammogram and never will. I have told several docs> > that I am aware of the thermography and would prefer that, but they never> > want me to do that! Of course, I also tell them that when I leave this> > world I am taking all of me, I am not leaving pieces on a surgical table.> > ****> >> > ** **> >> > There is simply no reason to put women thru that kind of pain or expose> > them to radiation … again.****> >> > ** **> >> > Dody****> >> > Colorado****> >> >> >>

Wow! I pay $100 for mine but I am required to have a physical exam with it and that charge is $65 office visit so mine is $165. My $65 is covered by insurance since it is a physical but the $100 is not.

Buist, ND HC

Re: Re: More iodine questions

I pay between $185 and $210 for my thermograms.

in Alaska

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 2:31 AM, grizz003 <grizz8562@...> wrote:

Best to you,Grizz

My being in Alaska may affect the costs. It includes the thermogram and the follow up appointmentOn Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Buist, ND HC <stephaniebnd@...> wrote:

Wow!  I pay $100 for mine but I am required to have a physical exam with it and that charge is $65 office visit so mine is $165.  My $65 is covered by insurance since it is a physical but the $100 is not.

Buist, ND HC

Re: Re: More iodine questions

I pay between $185 and $210 for my thermograms.

in Alaska

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 2:31 AM, grizz003 <grizz8562@...> wrote:

Best to you,Grizz

It could be B vitamins. My last tests showed a B12 level of 250 (range of 200 to

900). B12 should be right at the top of the range for 'optimal health'. I have

been supplementing heavily since then, though I don't know how I am doing.

But before the test and supplementation I was having trouble sleeping, sometimes

not sleeping at all. I could only, at that time, put it down to getting older

(age 48) and needing less sleep, except that i was constantly exhausted.

It could have been the B vitamins, or the other vitamins I was taking, because I

sleep like a log now.

g.

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > Thank you all for your replies to my questions. In reply, I'm thyroid less

> > since 2004 and still taking synthroid 100. I'm on Iodoral 12.5mcg and will

> > not increase for a while bc I had some side effects like throat tightness.

> > I feel better overall with higher energy, clearer thinking, lighter

> > periods, no female pains etc. All is getting better except the sleep.

> > Originally, I have been waking up often and not able to sleep after the 3

> > or 4am wake up. I will not take sleeping pills but I do take Valerian or

> > Chamomile extract. Despite this, I started to wake up at 1am! This only

> > happened when I started taking Iodoral. And yes, I'm taking all supplements

> > and Celtic salt with Iodoral.

> >

> > I'm waiting for my appt with an endo who treats with NT. I'm definitely

> > getting off synthroid. Once, I get my saliva test completed, I'll post he

> > results and will probably treat myself with Isocort. I also plan to try

> > Ashwaganda bc the sleep issue has been killing me.

> >

> > Thank you all again,

> > Agnes

> >

> >

>

Personally, Mammograms were extremely painful - but I did have more than thirty cysts.

AFTER my mammogram I sighted a pamphlet which stated that if you had a possibly cancerous lump or very firm breast tissue it was not advisable to have a mammogram - I guess the preferred option would have been an ultrascan. Unfortunately I have not been able to find this pamphlet since, but it does make sense. Popping a tumour would be a seriously bad thing to do.

I do note that it is now not recommended to have mammograms until your late fourties or the menopause - probably to do with tissue density.

Mammograms were initially meant to identify lumps not discernable by normal examinations - which is why you subject the breasts to enough pressure to reduce them to a fraction of their usual depth between two flat plates - and then subject them to radiation. This approach can actually cause precancerous breast lumps in those who have none.

AFTER my first mammogram the tech suggested that persons with very dense breast tissue should use ultrascan instead as it is difficult to get enough compression for an 'effective' mammogram picture.

Even though I breastfed my daughter my breasts had no droop until the mammograms. Fibres in my breast actually ripped during. They dropped two inches.

There are only one or two places in Australia using Thermography. Most doctors recall Thermography was a very inadequate tool, but that was many years ago. If development had kept apace with those of - say - computers, there would be no need to even consider Mammograms.

It is likely that a Mammogram would not be as painful for me now - the damage has been done and since starting on iodine my cysts have softened and some have disappeared. But it is not logical to subject yourself to repeated doses of radiation without a very strong reason, especially if there is an effective alternative diagnostic tool.

RE: Re: More iodine questions

You gave me a chuckle. I did not expect that size would affect whether there would be pain or not, since from everything I have seen and heard it is an adjustable apparatus. But for the record, from age 19 to 30 I was a 32-DD, then 34-DD, then had 3 kids and it went 36, 38, 40, and always DD.

I am basing the idea of pain mostly on jokes I have heard, not from real people who have told me they had pain. But, I must agree that it seems to me if there were a cyst in a breast and it was snugged up in the machine, it could burst. Sounds logical, right?

Ah well. I'm holding out for the thermography.

Dody

Colorado

From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of gin2cSent: Saturday, February 25, 2012 7:32 AMiodine Subject: Re: More iodine questions

I have never had any pain doing a mammogram on "C" size boobs.sent from my generic PC.G> > > **> >> >> > I have never had a mammogram and never will. I have told several docs> > that I am aware of the thermogra phy and would prefer that, but they never> > want me to do that! Of course, I also tell them that when I leave this> > world I am taking all of me, I am not leaving pieces on a surgical table.> > ****> >> > ** **> >> > There is simply no reason to put women thru that kind of pain or expose> > them to radiation … again.****> >> > ** **> >> > Dody****> >> > Colorado****> >> >> >>

Hi ,

this gives me some hope. I am exhausted - but I seldom sleep longer than four hours at night and usually require a nanny nap or three throughout the day.

Re: More iodine questions

It could be B vitamins. My last tests showed a B12 level of 250 (range of 200 to 900). B12 should be right at the top of the range for 'optimal health'. I have been supplementing heavily since then, though I don't know how I am doing. But before the test and supplementation I was having trouble sleeping, sometimes not sleeping at all. I could only, at that time, put it down to getting older (age 48) and needing less sleep, except that i was constantly exhausted. It could have been the B vitamins, or the other vitamins I was taking, because I sleep like a log now. g.> > > **> >> >> > Thank you all for your replies to my questions. In reply, I'm thyroid less> > since 2004 and still taking synthroid 100. I'm on Iodoral 12.5mcg and will> > not increase for a while bc I had some side effects like throat tightness.> > I feel better overall with higher energy, clearer thinking, lighter> > periods, no female pains etc. All is getting better except the sleep.> > Originally, I have been waking up often and not able to sleep after the 3> > or 4am wake up. I will not take sleeping pills but I do take Valerian or> > Chamomile extract. Despite this, I started to wake up at 1am! This only> > happened when I started taking Iodoral. And yes, I'm taking all supplements> > and Celtic salt with Iodoral.> >> > I'm waiting for my appt with an endo who treats with NT. I'm definitely> > getting off synthroid. Once, I get my saliva test completed, I'll post he> > results and will probably treat myself with Isocort. I also plan to try> > Ashwaganda bc the sleep issue has been killing me.> >> > Thank you all again,> > Agnes> >> >>

Hi I have taken the valerian root for years and take 1 to 2 a night when I am too anxious to sleep on my own. I take it with a warm lemon or just warm water. Works like a charm. RaeSent from my iPodOn Feb 25, 2012, at 11:25 AM, Kim Fyfe <kimfyfe@...> wrote:

I have read that valerian can be helpful. The Walmart brand Spring Valley is good quality and reasonably priced. My 24 year old son started taking this recently because of sleep issues and he found it quite effective.-Kim From: Agnes <agnes9971@...> "iodine " <iodine > Cc:

"<iodine >" <iodine > Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 9:44 PM Subject: Re: More iodine questions

Hi Kathleen,Thank you for the reply. I'm scheduled for my annual mammogram bc I'm 40 and had fibrocystic breast. I'll google thermography and hope it's covered by insurance. My expenses for natural treatments most not covered by insurance are exceeding my budget. I'm taking iodine at 1pm or before 2pm. Despite that I'm really messed up with my sleep and getting worried. I want to know if anyone experienced this and how they helped themselves. I can't function on going to sleep at 10pm and waking up at 1am! It's worse than before when I was waking up at 3 or 4am! Thank you again,AgnesSent from my iPadOn Feb 24, 2012, at 2:43 PM, "Kathleen Blake" <kathleenblake@...>

wrote:

Hi Agnes,

Best,

Kathleen

More iodine questions

=

=