RemedySpot.com

Follow-up question for

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think this got overlooked yesterday, still hoping for an answer:Well.... Isocort is (was) adrenal glandular... do you mean things like Adrenal Cortex Extract? I tried that for several months, in the interest of being "holistic," and it did nothing for me. -AngieOn Feb 25, 2012, at 5:39 PM, Buist, ND HC wrote: I haven't seen enough people with glowing reports. It seems to be OK. The adrenal glandular products are easier to obtain and I think help to heal more effectively. Buist, ND HC Re: Re: Adrenal and RT3 gp Thanks, . I am ignoring what they say about iodine, although I do have questions about some of what they say. I have decreased iodine from 100 mg to 50 because I have low iron and a comment on *this* list said iodine *could* compromise iron.... my iron started to go low when I increased the iodine to 100 mg. could be coincidence, though. I like iodine, I agree that it's probably helpful, but I personally have not noticed *any* improvements while on it. I *have* noticed improvements from taking Isocort and working seriously on my adrenals.I guess I was interested in hearing what other things they are recommending - besides avoiding iodine - that might be harmful. I just want a head's up so I don't blunder into something. I am trying to take their advice (so far) seriously. -AngieOn Feb 24, 2012, at 2:58 PM, H wrote: I will to share my personal experience with ths: I followed everything the adrenal group said (fix adrenals before thyroid, don't take iodine until adrenals are healed) and I wasted a year of my life sick following their advice and worse I had an ND who is iodine literate but also supported me not to take iodine as I was hyper. (I not longer am.) After critically reviewing the iodine info on this site, I got up the courage to go against the adrenal group and my ND and follow the iodine protocol. I have healed the adrenal issue and continue to heal my thryoid and overall health. I now take 175mgs per day. It is important, I think, to remember that the power of the iodine protocol is highly misunderstood by disinformed people who may have the power to influence you. You have to think for yourself, check your gut feeling and make an informed choice based on reading the new member document and Dr. Brownstein's books. I hope this helps. >> Hi, and others,> > I was searching through the archives for answers to some of what the > Adrenal gp says about iodine, and came across a discussion about > taking T3-only meds. , you made this statement:> > The reason I question it is because the RT3 and Adrenal group spew > nonsense to their members that leave them sick and desperate. I hate > to see people react out of fear. There have been several people here > that have listened to them out of fear and have returned when they > were even sicker. Took the advice here and have regained their > health. It is difficult to find but the information can be found in > the archives of how much trouble these two groups have been. If you > knew the main leader of those groups who insists she was right you > would know that taking her advice was not wise. She is a VERY ill > individual.> > I was wondering if you could give some specific examples? I joined > the group a few weeks ago and, at least on adrenal stuff, they seem > very knowledgeable, have given me some concrete advice that was very > helpful, but the generality of your statement makes me worry that > maybe something they've told ME to do might be harmful. If it's a > short list, can you enlighten us what advice you think is bad, and why?> > -Angie> > "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable > authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln>-Angie"Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln-Angie"Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln-Angie"Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln-Angie"Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln-Angie"Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln-Angie"Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham LincolnReply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New TopicMessages in this topic (41) RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 61 Visit Your GroupOwner: Buist, ND HCModerators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group IodineOT/The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list) iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%20-%20READ%20FIRST/ Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use. -Angie"Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln

What was the question? I don't remember what Isocort was exactly. I use a neonatal bovine adrenal glandular complex http://www.bioticsresearch.com/node/1506.

I don't know what you took or how much so I cannot comment on why you didn't feel better.

Buist, ND HC

Re: Re: Adrenal and RT3 gp

Thanks, . I am ignoring what they say about iodine, although I do have questions about some of what they say. I have decreased iodine from 100 mg to 50 because I have low iron and a comment on *this* list said iodine *could* compromise iron.... my iron started to go low when I increased the iodine to 100 mg. could be coincidence, though. I like iodine, I agree that it's probably helpful, but I personally have not noticed *any* improvements while on it. I *have* noticed improvements from taking Isocort and working seriously on my adrenals.

I guess I was interested in hearing what other things they are recommending - besides avoiding iodine - that might be harmful. I just want a head's up so I don't blunder into something. I am trying to take their advice (so far) seriously. -Angie

On Feb 24, 2012, at 2:58 PM, H wrote:

I will to share my personal experience with ths: I followed everything the adrenal group said (fix adrenals before thyroid, don't take iodine until adrenals are healed) and I wasted a year of my life sick following their advice and worse I had an ND who is iodine literate but also supported me not to take iodine as I was hyper. (I not longer am.) After critically reviewing the iodine info on this site, I got up the courage to go against the adrenal group and my ND and follow the iodine protocol. I have healed the adrenal issue and continue to heal my thryoid and overall health. I now take 175mgs per day.

It is important, I think, to remember that the power of the iodine protocol is highly misunderstood by disinformed people who may have the power to influence you. You have to think for yourself, check your gut feeling and make an informed choice based on reading the new member document and Dr. Brownstein's books.

I hope this helps.

>

> Hi, and others,

>

> I was searching through the archives for answers to some of what the

> Adrenal gp says about iodine, and came across a discussion about

> taking T3-only meds. , you made this statement:

>

> The reason I question it is because the RT3 and Adrenal group spew

> nonsense to their members that leave them sick and desperate. I hate

> to see people react out of fear. There have been several people here

> that have listened to them out of fear and have returned when they

> were even sicker. Took the advice here and have regained their

> health. It is difficult to find but the information can be found in

> the archives of how much trouble these two groups have been. If you

> knew the main leader of those groups who insists she was right you

> would know that taking her advice was not wise. She is a VERY ill

> individual.

>

> I was wondering if you could give some specific examples? I joined

> the group a few weeks ago and, at least on adrenal stuff, they seem

> very knowledgeable, have given me some concrete advice that was very

> helpful, but the generality of your statement makes me worry that

> maybe something they've told ME to do might be harmful. If it's a

> short list, can you enlighten us what advice you think is bad, and why?

>

> -Angie

>

> "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable

> authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln

>

-Angie

"Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln

-Angie

"Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln

-Angie

-Angie

-Angie

-Angie

Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic (41)

RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 61

Visit Your Group

Owner: Buist, ND HC

Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn

All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group IodineOT/

The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list) iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%20-%20READ%20FIRST/

Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest � Unsubscribe � Terms of Use

-Angie

The question was listed below: you said you don't recommend Isocort, and I asked why. You said you felt that the adrenal glandular products were easier to obtain (?) and heal more effectively. I wasn't sure what you meant by adrenal glandular products, so I listed one (adrenal cortex extract) I had taken that hadn't helped me and asked if that's what you meant. Prior to the ACE, I took a whole adrenal glandular that stimulated me too much because it contained adrenaline in addition to just the cortex.I think the ACE just too weak. Isocort is stronger, so wondering why you think the glandulars "heal more effectively." -AngieOn Feb 26, 2012, at 3:57 PM, Buist, ND HC wrote:  What was the question? I don't remember what Isocort was exactly. I use a neonatal bovine adrenal glandular complex http://www.bioticsresearch.com/node/1506. I don't know what you took or how much so I cannot comment on why you didn't feel better. Buist, ND HC Re: Re: Adrenal and RT3 gp Thanks, . I am ignoring what they say about iodine, although I do have questions about some of what they say. I have decreased iodine from 100 mg to 50 because I have low iron and a comment on *this* list said iodine *could* compromise iron.... my iron started to go low when I increased the iodine to 100 mg. could be coincidence, though. I like iodine, I agree that it's probably helpful, but I personally have not noticed *any* improvements while on it. I *have* noticed improvements from taking Isocort and working seriously on my adrenals. I guess I was interested in hearing what other things they are recommending - besides avoiding iodine - that might be harmful. I just want a head's up so I don't blunder into something. I am trying to take their advice (so far) seriously. -Angie On Feb 24, 2012, at 2:58 PM, H wrote: I will to share my personal experience with ths: I followed everything the adrenal group said (fix adrenals before thyroid, don't take iodine until adrenals are healed) and I wasted a year of my life sick following their advice and worse I had an ND who is iodine literate but also supported me not to take iodine as I was hyper. (I not longer am.) After critically reviewing the iodine info on this site, I got up the courage to go against the adrenal group and my ND and follow the iodine protocol. I have healed the adrenal issue and continue to heal my thryoid and overall health. I now take 175mgs per day. It is important, I think, to remember that the power of the iodine protocol is highly misunderstood by disinformed people who may have the power to influence you. You have to think for yourself, check your gut feeling and make an informed choice based on reading the new member document and Dr. Brownstein's books. I hope this helps. > > Hi, and others, > > I was searching through the archives for answers to some of what the > Adrenal gp says about iodine, and came across a discussion about > taking T3-only meds. , you made this statement: > > The reason I question it is because the RT3 and Adrenal group spew > nonsense to their members that leave them sick and desperate. I hate > to see people react out of fear. There have been several people here > that have listened to them out of fear and have returned when they > were even sicker. Took the advice here and have regained their > health. It is difficult to find but the information can be found in > the archives of how much trouble these two groups have been. If you > knew the main leader of those groups who insists she was right you > would know that taking her advice was not wise. She is a VERY ill > individual. > > I was wondering if you could give some specific examples? I joined > the group a few weeks ago and, at least on adrenal stuff, they seem > very knowledgeable, have given me some concrete advice that was very > helpful, but the generality of your statement makes me worry that > maybe something they've told ME to do might be harmful. If it's a > short list, can you enlighten us what advice you think is bad, and why? > > -Angie > > "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable > authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln > -Angie "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln -Angie "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln -Angie "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln -Angie "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln -Angie "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln -Angie "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (41) RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 61 Visit Your Group Owner: Buist, ND HC Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group IodineOT/ The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list) iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%20-%20READ%20FIRST/<us.gif> Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest � Unsubscribe � Terms of Use .<serv.gif> -Angie "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln -Angie"Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

-

I too found out through saliva test (4x) my adrenals are producing in low 20% of

cortisol which puts me in adrenal fatigued. Even though for the past 2 years i

have been on one or two different " bovine adrenal grandulars " adrenal products

almost non stop... So i think my adrenals are somewhat " healthy " just not

producing enough cortisol.

I started on Licorice Root (under tounge) and Isocort combined them both. It was

like flipping a light on. Feel better then i have in years. But i wonder if its

just temporary?

I am wondering if you have had continued success with your Isocort? It is a

natural alternative to Hydrocortisone so it is not as holistic. . .

Here is a post by Dr Lowe on what isocort is:

http://www.thyroidscience.us/products/isocort/intro.isocort.htm

I would also like to know what the best adrenal support is to be on WHILE on

isocort so adrenals can heal up. Something like Metagenics Adrenagen or the one

stephanie referenced below??

Is the one stephanie referenced comparable to the Metagenics adrenal grandular

or is it better in some way?

http://www.bioticsresearch.com/node/1506

**Also at what point of taking 50mgs iodoral could it affect iron levels?

Like... should i have my levels checked every few months??

Thanks

> > >

> > > Hi, and others,

> > >

> > > I was searching through the archives for answers to some of what the

> > > Adrenal gp says about iodine, and came across a discussion about

> > > taking T3-only meds. , you made this statement:

> > >

> > > The reason I question it is because the RT3 and Adrenal group spew

> > > nonsense to their members that leave them sick and desperate. I hate

> > > to see people react out of fear. There have been several people here

> > > that have listened to them out of fear and have returned when they

> > > were even sicker. Took the advice here and have regained their

> > > health. It is difficult to find but the information can be found in

> > > the archives of how much trouble these two groups have been. If you

> > > knew the main leader of those groups who insists she was right you

> > > would know that taking her advice was not wise. She is a VERY ill

> > > individual.

> > >

> > > I was wondering if you could give some specific examples? I joined

> > > the group a few weeks ago and, at least on adrenal stuff, they seem

> > > very knowledgeable, have given me some concrete advice that was very

> > > helpful, but the generality of your statement makes me worry that

> > > maybe something they've told ME to do might be harmful. If it's a

> > > short list, can you enlighten us what advice you think is bad,

> > and why?

> > >

> > > -Angie

> > >

> > > " Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable

> > > authenticity " - Abraham Lincoln

> > >

> >

> >

> > -Angie

> >

> > " Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable

> > authenticity " - Abraham Lincoln

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > -Angie

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > -Angie

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > -Angie

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > -Angie

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > -Angie

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New

> > Topic

> > Messages in this topic (41)

> > RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 61

> > Visit Your Group

> > Owner: Buist, ND HC

> > Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn

> >

> > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group http://

> > health./group/IodineOT/

> >

> >

> > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list) http://

> > health./group/iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%20-%

> > 20READ%20FIRST/

> >

> > <us.gif>

> >

> > Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest � Unsubscribe � Terms of Use

> >

> > .

> >

> > <serv.gif>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > -Angie

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> -Angie

>

> " Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable

> authenticity " - Abraham Lincoln

>

Guest guest

Hi, if I my insert something here on Isocort. As Steph stated Isocort was reformulated - it is now a plant derived formula instead of animal. I think, not sure, it changed about a year or so ago. Here is the companies website; http://bezwecken.com/products.php When I started my daughter on it they had just switched. We hung in there for about a year and am no longer ordering it. She did not really see a difference - there were so many other things going on that I was concerned that maybe it was really helping but masked by other things. She takes Cardovascular Research's Cortol ACE, which has very small amt of Vit C, Calcium, Pantothenic Acid, & ABgland Adrenal (350 mg). The doctor also suggested some adaptogens and 5 mg of DHEA (her DHEA was below normal range).

Have a blessed day,

Luci> > > >> > > > Hi, and others,> > > >> > > > I was searching through the archives for answers to some of what the> > > > Adrenal gp says about iodine, and came across a discussion about> > > > taking T3-only meds. , you made this statement:> > > >> > > > The reason I question it is because the RT3 and Adrenal group spew> > > > nonsense to their members that leave them sick and desperate. I hate> > > > to see people react out of fear. There have been several people here> > > > that have listened to them out of fear and have returned when they> > > > were even sicker. Took the advice here and have regained their> > > > health. It is difficult to find but the information can be found in> > > > the archives of how much trouble these two groups have been. If you> > > > knew the main leader of those groups who insists she was right you> > > > would know that taking her advice was not wise. She is a VERY ill> > > > individual.> > > >> > > > I was wondering if you could give some specific examples? I joined> > > > the group a few weeks ago and, at least on adrenal stuff, they seem> > > > very knowledgeable, have given me some concrete advice that was very> > > > helpful, but the generality of your statement makes me worry that> > > > maybe something they've told ME to do might be harmful. If it's a> > > > short list, can you enlighten us what advice you think is bad, > > > and why?> > > >> > > > -Angie> > > >> > > > "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable> > > > authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln> > > >> > >> > >> > > -Angie> > >> > > "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable > > > authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > -Angie> > >> > > "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable > > > authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > -Angie> > >> > > "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable > > > authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > -Angie> > >> > > "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable > > > authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > -Angie> > >> > > "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable > > > authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > -Angie> > >> > > "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable > > > authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New > > > Topic> > > Messages in this topic (41)> > > RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 61> > > Visit Your Group> > > Owner: Buist, ND HC> > > Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn > > >> > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group http:// > > > health./group/IodineOT/> > >> > >> > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list) http:// > > > health./group/iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%20-% > > > 20READ%20FIRST/> > >> > > <us.gif>> > >> > > Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest � Unsubscribe � Terms of Use> > >> > > .> > >> > > <serv.gif>> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > -Angie> > >> > > "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable > > > authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > -Angie> > > > "Most political quotes at the bottoms of emails are of questionable > > authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln> >>