RemedySpot.com

Re: a goitre/thyroid cancer question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Leigh,I'm not sure if anyone replied yet but I can tell you about my experience with needle biopsy. I had a few of those because I had a multi-nodular goiter. It's reasonable to keep repeating it bc one of the nodules can become cancerous. In the end , I had my thyroid removed and it ruined my health. This is why I turned to this group along with thyroid less group to get help and regain my health. I Started thyroid regimen about 3 weeks ago and see a marked improvement in my energy level, memory, less brain fog, able to function much better. The only issue I have since starting iodine is throat tightness and inflammation with a bit enlarged lymph. I also had a salty taste in my mouth but it has gone away. I hope someone will reply to you soon about using iodine to cure goiter. Don't be depressed. There's a lot of help here. You may also want to join the thyroid less group to get more help.Take care,AgnesSent from my iPadOn Feb 17, 2012, at 3:04 AM, "manndel@..." <manndel@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I've been in this group for a few weeks, and have read all the suggested protocol. I am on

Disability, so can't afford the book Iodine yet, and our Libraries don't have it, but I will get it

soon.

I've actually studied supplements and natural healing since I was a teenager, but this level of

understanding is getting hard for me now, it seems I have considerable brain-fog and very

poor memory.

This question is time-sensitive though. I'm booked to have a needle-biopsy on my neck (thyroid) on Monday? I had one before, 4 years ago, and it was negative for any cancerous cells. Oh,

it's a multi-nodular goiter, on the right side of my neck, around 2 cm. by 2 cm?

The horrible endocrinologist didn't share the results with anyone else (like my family doctor), but I think the new endo (who's almost as bad) may have tracked it down, maybe not. But she said, it's been 4 years, you should have another test, just in case it turns into thyroid cancer.

I am so disappointed in these allopathic doctors, it severely increased my deep depression that I've had since menopause began, which no one can even give me the slightest clue of the cause (or the cure). It's been almost 8 years.

In any case, I just don't know what to do anymore. Does it sound reasonable to go in for

a second biopsy, when this is a goiter? And, would it be possible to get totally rid of it

with Iodine?

I would be deeply grateful for any guidance here, I'm getting overwhelmed ....

Blessings,

Leigh

=

To begin with they cannot prove that you have cancer even if they CLAIM that the

fine needle biopsy does. They have to take out your thyroid first and section it

and look at histological slides to confirm. I was threatened with surgery after

having my nodule scanned and then stuck several times with a needle. They tried

to scare me into thinking that I had papillary cancer. Since nothing had spread

to my nodes, as evidenced by yet another painful biopsy, I canceled the surgery.

I started taking Iodine again (my endocrinologist had ordered me to stop taking

it earlier) and the lump on my neck has subsided greatly. I can hardly feel it.

I might get another ultrasound eventually, but I won't waste my time with a

useless biopsy. My type of " cancer " , if it is that, is very slow growing and the

chances of dying from it are quite remote. There are much more serious

consequences to having the thyroid removed.

I continue to take iodine (50mg Iodoral). I had read all the pertinent

books. From the Iodine group, and from a nurse practitioner I see who also takes

Iodine herself, it seems clear that taking iodine was what reduced my goiter to

a smaller size. I still have thyroid and also now adrenal issues caused by all

the stress, but at least I still have my thyroid.

Don't let these doctors scare you into unnecessary tests. They are just

trying to drum up business. There are more important blood tests you can take to

monitor your health and improve it as necessary using supplements. That's my

humble opinion, as long as you are not having any other possibly related

symptoms. Also, if it's multi-nodular, it makes it even more difficult to come

up with some supposed diagnosis. Watch it with ultrasound which is non-invasive.

The Cleveland Clinic recommends NO surgery for papillary cancer which has

not spread to any lymph nodes. This is old information, but very hard to dig up.

Best of luck and don't let them scare you. Cancel your appointment! jtr

>

> Hi Everyone,

>

> I've been in this group for a few weeks, and have read all the suggested

> protocol. I am on

> Disability, so can't afford the book Iodine yet, and our Libraries don't

> have it, but I will get it

> soon.

>

> I've actually studied supplements and natural healing since I was a teenager

> but this level of

> understanding is getting hard for me now, it seems I have considerable

> brain-fog and very

> poor memory.

>

> This question is time-sensitive though. I'm booked to have a needle-biopsy

> on my neck (thyroid) on Monday? I had one before, 4 years ago, and it was

> negative for any cancerous cells. Oh,

> it's a multi-nodular goiter, on the right side of my neck, around 2 cm. by 2

> cm?

>

> The horrible endocrinologist didn't share the results with anyone else (like

> my family doctor), but I think the new endo (who's almost as bad) may have

> tracked it down, maybe not. But she said, it's been 4 years, you should

> have another test, just in case it turns into thyroid cancer.

>

> I am so disappointed in these allopathic doctors, it severely increased my

> deep depression that I've had since menopause began, which no one can even

> give me the slightest clue of the cause (or the cure). It's been almost 8

> years.

>

> In any case, I just don't know what to do anymore. Does it sound reasonable

> to go in for

> a second biopsy, when this is a goiter? And, would it be possible to get

> totally rid of it

> with Iodine?

>

> I would be deeply grateful for any guidance here, I'm getting overwhelmed ..

> .

> Blessings,

> Leigh

>

Leigh,

Here's my experience: In December 2010, I was diagnosed by ultrasound with a

goiter and 6 (small, I think) nodules. In March 2011 I started to take Iodoral.

I saw a different Dr. in August and was told that he could not feel a goiter

(didn't have ultrasound). I suppose there is no way to know for sure what did

this, but I believe it was the iodine. In contrast, a friend had a multinodular

goiter. She had the biopsy and though it was 'inconclusive' they removed 1/2 of

her thyroid. Now she is on meds for life and is having a hard time finding the

correct dosage and having hypo symptoms. I am trying to get her to find a

better Dr. who will prescribe NDT.

~~

>

> Hi Everyone,

>

> I've been in this group for a few weeks, and have read all the suggested

> protocol. I am on

> Disability, so can't afford the book Iodine yet, and our Libraries don't

> have it, but I will get it

> soon.

>

> I've actually studied supplements and natural healing since I was a teenager

> but this level of

> understanding is getting hard for me now, it seems I have considerable

> brain-fog and very

> poor memory.

>

> This question is time-sensitive though. I'm booked to have a needle-biopsy

> on my neck (thyroid) on Monday? I had one before, 4 years ago, and it was

> negative for any cancerous cells. Oh,

> it's a multi-nodular goiter, on the right side of my neck, around 2 cm. by 2

> cm?

>

> The horrible endocrinologist didn't share the results with anyone else (like

> my family doctor), but I think the new endo (who's almost as bad) may have

> tracked it down, maybe not. But she said, it's been 4 years, you should

> have another test, just in case it turns into thyroid cancer.

>

> I am so disappointed in these allopathic doctors, it severely increased my

> deep depression that I've had since menopause began, which no one can even

> give me the slightest clue of the cause (or the cure). It's been almost 8

> years.

>

> In any case, I just don't know what to do anymore. Does it sound reasonable

> to go in for

> a second biopsy, when this is a goiter? And, would it be possible to get

> totally rid of it

> with Iodine?

>

> I would be deeply grateful for any guidance here, I'm getting overwhelmed ..

> .

> Blessings,

> Leigh

>

Dear Agnes and ,

Thanks you so much for your good information!! And for your caring.

I feel so much better. I cancelled the appointment for now, as I want no part of them right now.

(them meaning "allopathic") Every time I've gotten in serious trouble, the author of that

trouble was an allopath of some kind.

Obviously, I must get the book Iodine and start reading...

If anyone has any experiences with goiter, please share!

Blessings,

Leigh

hello! i was diagnosed with a multi-nodular goiter 11 years ago, with a biopsy.

i found out during the biopsy that the endo who ordered it " orders them for

everyone " . i was and remain irked by that.

i've started with iodine and all the companion nutrients back about 4 months

ago. have been taking 50 mg for about 6 weeks. i haven't noticed, per se, that

the nodules have gotten smaller - i still gag when i pull my shirt over my head

with my arms crossed - but remain hopeful. i've also ordered the ingredients to

make lugols so i can paint my thyroid and get a more concentrated dose right to

it.

another biopsy is not in my future, and since i've always tested " fine " with

tsh, even with symptoms of hypo, i've always been told " you are fine, you just

have lumps on your thyroid " . i finally got someone to order a free t3 and free

t4 about 2 1/2 years ago, and the numbers were, well, fine.

turns out that a " companion " disease i have - estrogen dominance resulting in

endometriosis, blocks the thyroid hormone receptor cells in the body to mimic

the symptoms of hypo without being hypo.

i'm sticking with iodine. but that's just me. :) anja

>

> Dear Agnes and ,

>

> Thanks you so much for your good information!! And for your caring.

>

> I feel so much better. I cancelled the appointment for now, as I want no

> part of them right now.

> (them meaning " allopathic " ) Every time I've gotten in serious trouble, the

> author of that

> trouble was an allopath of some kind.

>

> Obviously, I must get the book Iodine and start reading...

>

> If anyone has any experiences with goiter, please share!

>

> Blessings,

> Leigh

>

-

Your post was very interesting because I was diagnosed allegedly with pap cancer two years ago after an FNA and decided to do the iodine protocol and other anti cancer protocols to strengthen my body before agreeing to having my thryoid out. The unfortunate thing is, although nothing has spread, it seems like the growth has started to press on my vocal cord and it has caused a vocal cord palsy so my voice is non existant bar a hoarse whisper. I am continuing with high dosage of iodine and the protocol and to be honest I don't even believe I have cancer although obvously have a goitre of some sort and something going on. The endocrinologist says the only way to help the vocal cord is to take the thyroid out so that the pressure can be relieved and my op is now scheduled for 15th March.

Now I'm starting to think is this really necessary - I have read the studies on pap cancer and how if people do nothing they still have a good chance of survival - but I can't continue how I am - I wish there was an easy answer and a guarantee that what I was doing was enough! sigh! The growth isn't as visible to the naked eye as it was following me taking the iodine.

Any more advice from the group would always be appreciated as now the clock is ticking.

From: <jtrobbins123@...>iodine Sent: Saturday, 18 February 2012, 0:04Subject: Re: a goitre/thyroid cancer question

To begin with they cannot prove that you have cancer even if they CLAIM that the fine needle biopsy does. They have to take out your thyroid first and section it and look at histological slides to confirm. I was threatened with surgery after having my nodule scanned and then stuck several times with a needle. They tried to scare me into thinking that I had papillary cancer. Since nothing had spread to my nodes, as evidenced by yet another painful biopsy, I canceled the surgery. I started taking Iodine again (my endocrinologist had ordered me to stop taking it earlier) and the lump on my neck has subsided greatly. I can hardly feel it. I might get another ultrasound eventually, but I won't waste my time with a useless biopsy. My type of "cancer", if it is that, is very slow growing and the chances of dying from it are quite remote. There are much more serious consequences to having the thyroid removed.I continue to take iodine (50mg Iodoral). I

had read all the pertinent books. From the Iodine group, and from a nurse practitioner I see who also takes Iodine herself, it seems clear that taking iodine was what reduced my goiter to a smaller size. I still have thyroid and also now adrenal issues caused by all the stress, but at least I still have my thyroid.Don't let these doctors scare you into unnecessary tests. They are just trying to drum up business. There are more important blood tests you can take to monitor your health and improve it as necessary using supplements. That's my humble opinion, as long as you are not having any other possibly related symptoms. Also, if it's multi-nodular, it makes it even more difficult to come up with some supposed diagnosis. Watch it with ultrasound which is non-invasive.The Cleveland Clinic recommends NO surgery for papillary cancer which has not spread to any lymph nodes. This is old information, but very hard to dig up.Best of luck and don't

let them scare you. Cancel your appointment! jtr>> Hi Everyone,> > I've been in this group for a few weeks, and have read all the suggested> protocol. I am on > Disability, so can't afford the book Iodine yet, and our Libraries don't> have it, but I will get it > soon.> > I've actually studied supplements and natural healing since I was a teenager> but this level of > understanding is getting hard for me now, it seems I have considerable> brain-fog and very> poor memory.> > This question is time-sensitive though. I'm booked to have a needle-biopsy> on my neck (thyroid) on Monday? I had one before, 4 years ago, and it was> negative for any

cancerous cells. Oh, > it's a multi-nodular goiter, on the right side of my neck, around 2 cm. by 2> cm?> > The horrible endocrinologist didn't share the results with anyone else (like> my family doctor), but I think the new endo (who's almost as bad) may have> tracked it down, maybe not. But she said, it's been 4 years, you should> have another test, just in case it turns into thyroid cancer.> > I am so disappointed in these allopathic doctors, it severely increased my> deep depression that I've had since menopause began, which no one can even> give me the slightest clue of the cause (or the cure). It's been almost 8> years.> > In any case, I just don't know what to do anymore. Does it sound reasonable> to go in for > a second biopsy, when this is a goiter? And, would it be possible to get> totally rid of it> with

Iodine?> > I would be deeply grateful for any guidance here, I'm getting overwhelmed ..> .> Blessings,> Leigh>

and JTR,

Thanks so much for your information; very enlightening! Yes, I think I will let them monitor only with ultrasound, and not with with needle biopsy (I had one 4 years ago, and there is no blockage in my throat, etc.)

I'm AM going to get onto the full Iodine protocol though. :-))

Leigh