RemedySpot.com

Re: Lugol's & panic attack?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Are you taking the companion nutrients with your iodine? Your panic attack could very well have been a bromide detox reaction.

Here is a list of bromide detox symptoms:

http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html

As you can see, anxiety, emotionality are two of the many symptoms that can present with bromide detox. The list of bromide detox symptoms on that link is not limited to that list, so it could be you were experiencing a detox symptom. I don't remember hearing anyone else having this , but maybe someone else will chime in that has had a similar experience.

Make sure you are taking the companion nutrients. The Salt Loading Protocol is important to do when experiencing any of the detox symptoms. Both the nutrients and the Salt Loading Protocol are written about in our Guide to Supplementing with Iodine in our Files.

Best to you!

Kathleen

Lugol's & panic attack?

I had been taking 1 drop of iosol for a couple of weeks and wasn't seeing much improvements.except maybe sleeping better. I read here that Iosol is not part of the suggested protocol, so I ordered the Lugol's from J. Crow. It came yesterday, and I took two drops, intending to work up to the four drops per day.Last night I ended up in the emergency room having a four-hour panic attack! I was given valium just to get myself back down.Now, this isn't the first time I've had a panic attack, but it's the first time I've ever had one like this - lasting four hours and coming and going in constant waves. I was simply terrified.I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this?I'm wondering if there's a connection between the potassium iodide and the adrenal glands that could have sent me into some kind of a "fight or flight" response with all that adrenaline.Anyone experienced this or know what's up?

Kathleen -

I am feeling better already, but did not take the Lugol's yesterday - I was a

little scared to be honest. I believe it probably was a detox symptom, since

it's not happened again. I read about the salt loading, and did it this

morning. Would you recommend that I continue taking the Lugol's and using the

salt loading at the same time? Do I wait until I start feeling the anxiety

before I take the salt flush?

I'm confused. I'm not worried about anything I'm taking hurting me, but that

panic feeling is horrible! The first time I ever had a panic attack, about ten

years ago, I thought I was having a stroke. I've had a few since then, but as

soon as I feel them coming on I can bring myself out of it.

This one was different though. I could not seem to get a grip on my feelings

and reactions, and it went on for hours. REally terrifying. I had taken two

drops of the Lugol's about 3 p.m., finished my day and was asleep around 1a.m.

I woke at two a.m. in a full-blown panic attack. It was really scary.

I don't want to stop taking the Lugol's, but I need to know when to do the salt

flush.

Thanks for any help!

>

> Are you taking the companion nutrients with your iodine? Your panic attack

could very well have been a bromide detox reaction.

> Here is a list of bromide detox symptoms:

>

http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html<http:/\

/www.breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html>

>

> As you can see, anxiety, emotionality are two of the many symptoms that can

present with bromide detox. The list of bromide detox symptoms on that link is

not limited to that list, so it could be you were experiencing a detox symptom.

I don't remember hearing anyone else having this , but maybe someone else will

chime in that has had a similar experience.

> Make sure you are taking the companion nutrients. The Salt Loading Protocol

is important to do when experiencing any of the detox symptoms. Both the

nutrients and the Salt Loading Protocol are written about in our Guide to

Supplementing with Iodine in our Files.

> Best to you!

> Kathleen

> moderator

> Lugol's & panic attack?

>

>

>

> I had been taking 1 drop of iosol for a couple of weeks and wasn't seeing

much improvements.except maybe sleeping better. I read here that Iosol is not

part of the suggested protocol, so I ordered the Lugol's from J. Crow. It came

yesterday, and I took two drops, intending to work up to the four drops per day.

>

> Last night I ended up in the emergency room having a four-hour panic attack!

I was given valium just to get myself back down.

>

> Now, this isn't the first time I've had a panic attack, but it's the first

time I've ever had one like this - lasting four hours and coming and going in

constant waves. I was simply terrified.

>

> I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this?

>

> I'm wondering if there's a connection between the potassium iodide and the

adrenal glands that could have sent me into some kind of a " fight or flight "

response with all that adrenaline.

>

> Anyone experienced this or know what's up?

>

Hi Ann,

Very happy to hear you are feeling better today! You never said if you taking the companion nutrients that are so important to take while taking iodine? One of the important nutrients is the unrefined Celtic Sea Salt taken daily in some water and sprinkled liberally on your food helps in aiding the body remove the toxic halides. The chlorine in the unrefined salt binds to the bromide and the bromide is washed out in the urine. Every person is different so we cant recommend what you should do. We all just have to experiment and see what works best for us. If it was me, I would make sure I was taking the nutrients daily with the iodine. What is percentage is your Lugol's...(2%, 5% ?). I would start very slowly with the iodine( maybe one drop a day), and make sure I took it before 2pm as iodine can sometimes keep some people up at night if they take it too late in the afternoon. If I began to feel anxious, I would do the salt loading right away. (Read more about this in the Guide to Supplementing with Iodine). Perhaps now that we know your panic attack was most likely bromide detox, you will have a better handle on it if you begin to feel anxious again. Again, because we are all different, we have to try different things to see what works best for each of us. Please keep us up to date on how you are doing!

Kind regards,

-Kathleen

Lugol's & panic attack?> > > > I had been taking 1 drop of iosol for a couple of weeks and wasn't seeing much improvements.except maybe sleeping better. I read here that Iosol is not part of the suggested protocol, so I ordered the Lugol's from J. Crow. It came yesterday, and I took two drops, intending to work up to the four drops per day.> > Last night I ended up in the emergency room having a four-hour panic attack! I was given valium just to get myself back down.> > Now, this isn't the first time I've had a panic attack, but it's the first time I've ever had one like this - lasting four hours and coming and going in constant waves. I was simply terrified.> > I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this?> > I'm wondering if there's a connection between the potassium iodide and the adrenal glands that could have sent me into some kind of a "fight or flight" response with all that adrenaline.> > Anyone experienced this or know what's up?>

Kathleen,

You are correct - I did forget to tell you!

My Logol's is 5%. I took two drops the day I had the panic attack.

I currently take

20 mg Lisinopril - blood pressure

12,000 iu vitamin D3

8000 iu vitamin 3

Calcium/Magnesium/Vitamin Dcomplex - Calcium 1,000, Mag 500, and D 400 iu

Fish oil 1200mg

1,000 mcg Vitamin B12

--And for sleep

10 mg time-released melatonin

1,500 mg L-tryptophan

500 mg GABA

1060 mg valerian root

Overall, I'm feeling pretty darn good. I started with the Iosol, and my

sleeping improved dramatically within a couple of days. I was very impressed.

Last night I actually went to bed before I even took my sleeping supplements,

and still slept through the night, which I think is miraculous. I have spent

years struggling to sleep well. I also seem to be losing a little weight, but

again it's too soon for me to decide it's because of the iodine.

I haven't had much luck with temperature control yet, but I really can't say

that the iodine would be working or not, since I'm also eating an extremely

low-carb diet, and folks cutting a lot of carbs also can complain of being cold.

I think it's a combination of not having the quick energy to burn and also

losing body fat which has kept them warmer. I don't know.

I am not using Celtic sea salt, but the pink Himalayan - I can easily get the

Celtic. Is it so different? How many times per day should I take that?

Thanks for your help Kathleen! I will be seeing a Naturopath soon, and will be

having my thyroid looked at and levels checked. Will this iodine change

anything he would see?

Thank you!

Ann

> >

> > Are you taking the companion nutrients with your iodine? Your panic attack

could very well have been a bromide detox reaction.

> > Here is a list of bromide detox symptoms:

> >

http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html<http:/\

/www.breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html><http://www.\

breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html<http://www.breast\

cancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html>>

> >

> > As you can see, anxiety, emotionality are two of the many symptoms that

can present with bromide detox. The list of bromide detox symptoms on that link

is not limited to that list, so it could be you were experiencing a detox

symptom. I don't remember hearing anyone else having this , but maybe someone

else will chime in that has had a similar experience.

> > Make sure you are taking the companion nutrients. The Salt Loading

Protocol is important to do when experiencing any of the detox symptoms. Both

the nutrients and the Salt Loading Protocol are written about in our Guide to

> > Best to you!

> > Kathleen

> > moderator

> > Lugol's & panic attack?

> >

> >

> >

> > I had been taking 1 drop of iosol for a couple of weeks and wasn't seeing

much improvements.except maybe sleeping better. I read here that Iosol is not

part of the suggested protocol, so I ordered the Lugol's from J. Crow. It came

yesterday, and I took two drops, intending to work up to the four drops per day.

> >

> > Last night I ended up in the emergency room having a four-hour panic

attack! I was given valium just to get myself back down.

> >

> > Now, this isn't the first time I've had a panic attack, but it's the first

time I've ever had one like this - lasting four hours and coming and going in

constant waves. I was simply terrified.

> >

> > I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this?

> >

> > I'm wondering if there's a connection between the potassium iodide and the

adrenal glands that could have sent me into some kind of a " fight or flight "

> >

> > Anyone experienced this or know what's up?

> >

>

Hi Ann,You can get your thyroid levels checked without seeing a doctor. I use www.healthcheckusa.com but there are others. in Alaska

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Ann <anngriffin19@...> wrote:

Kathleen,

You are correct - I did forget to tell you!

My Logol's is 5%. I took two drops the day I had the panic attack.

I currently take

20 mg Lisinopril - blood pressure

12,000 iu vitamin D3

8000 iu vitamin 3

Calcium/Magnesium/Vitamin Dcomplex - Calcium 1,000, Mag 500, and D 400 iu

Fish oil 1200mg

1,000 mcg Vitamin B12

--And for sleep

10 mg time-released melatonin

1,500 mg L-tryptophan

500 mg GABA

1060 mg valerian root

Overall, I'm feeling pretty darn good. I started with the Iosol, and my sleeping improved dramatically within a couple of days. I was very impressed. Last night I actually went to bed before I even took my sleeping supplements, and still slept through the night, which I think is miraculous. I have spent years struggling to sleep well. I also seem to be losing a little weight, but again it's too soon for me to decide it's because of the iodine.

I haven't had much luck with temperature control yet, but I really can't say that the iodine would be working or not, since I'm also eating an extremely low-carb diet, and folks cutting a lot of carbs also can complain of being cold. I think it's a combination of not having the quick energy to burn and also losing body fat which has kept them warmer. I don't know.

I am not using Celtic sea salt, but the pink Himalayan - I can easily get the Celtic. Is it so different? How many times per day should I take that?

Thanks for your help Kathleen! I will be seeing a Naturopath soon, and will be having my thyroid looked at and levels checked. Will this iodine change anything he would see?

Thank you!

Ann

> >

> > Are you taking the companion nutrients with your iodine? Your panic attack could very well have been a bromide detox reaction.

> > Here is a list of bromide detox symptoms:

> > http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html<http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html><http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html<http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html>>

> >

> > As you can see, anxiety, emotionality are two of the many symptoms that can present with bromide detox. The list of bromide detox symptoms on that link is not limited to that list, so it could be you were experiencing a detox symptom. I don't remember hearing anyone else having this , but maybe someone else will chime in that has had a similar experience.

> > Make sure you are taking the companion nutrients. The Salt Loading Protocol is important to do when experiencing any of the detox symptoms. Both the nutrients and the Salt Loading Protocol are written about in our Guide to Supplementing with Iodine in our Files.

> > Best to you!

> > Kathleen

> > moderator

> > Lugol's & panic attack?

> >

> >

> >

> > I had been taking 1 drop of iosol for a couple of weeks and wasn't seeing much improvements.except maybe sleeping better. I read here that Iosol is not part of the suggested protocol, so I ordered the Lugol's from J. Crow. It came yesterday, and I took two drops, intending to work up to the four drops per day.

> >

> > Last night I ended up in the emergency room having a four-hour panic attack! I was given valium just to get myself back down.

> >

> > Now, this isn't the first time I've had a panic attack, but it's the first time I've ever had one like this - lasting four hours and coming and going in constant waves. I was simply terrified.

> >

> > I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this?

> >

> > I'm wondering if there's a connection between the potassium iodide and the adrenal glands that could have sent me into some kind of a " fight or flight " response with all that adrenaline.

> >

> > Anyone experienced this or know what's up?

> >

>

Hi Ann,

I don’t see Selenium or Vitamin C on your list of supplements. These are part of the important companion nutrients one needs to take while taking Iodine. Please read about them and why they are important in The Guide to Supplementing with Iodine in our Files. If you can get the unrefined Celtic Sea Salt, I would say yes, use that or Redmond's Real Salt. There is some controversy about Himalayan ( some reports of high fluoride content); I don’t know if that is true, but just to be safe, I stick with Celtic and Real Salt. Of course, this is totally up to you. The salt too is written about in The Guide as is the Salt Loading Protocol. The Guide is an amazing resource for you; I read it over about once a month just to refresh myself. You will learn much there!

Happy to hear you are feeling better!

Kathleen

Lugol's & panic attack?> > > > > > > > I had been taking 1 drop of iosol for a couple of weeks and wasn't seeing much improvements.except maybe sleeping better. I read here that Iosol is not part of the suggested protocol, so I ordered the Lugol's from J. Crow. It came yesterday, and I took two drops, intending to work up to the four drops per day.> > > > Last night I ended up in the emergency room having a four-hour panic attack! I was given valium just to get myself back down.> > > > Now, this isn't the first time I've had a panic attack, but it's the first time I've ever had one like this - lasting four hours and coming and going in constant waves. I was simply terrified.> > > > I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this?> > > > I'm wondering if there's a connection between the potassium iodide and the adrenal glands that could have sent me into some kind of a "fight or flight" response with all that adrenaline.> > > > Anyone experienced this or know what's up?> >>

Just to chime in, I started without C and when I added 3000mg a day, I felt considerably less detoxSent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®From: "Kathleen Blake" <kathleenblake@...>Sender: iodine Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:25:46 -0700<iodine >Reply iodine Subject: Re: Re: Lugol's panic attack? Hi Ann, I don’t see Selenium or Vitamin C on your list of supplements. These are part of the important companion nutrients one needs to take while taking Iodine. Please read about them and why they are important in The Guide to Supplementing with Iodine in our Files. If you can get the unrefined Celtic Sea Salt, I would say yes, use that or Redmond's Real Salt. There is some controversy about Himalayan ( some reports of high fluoride content); I don’t know if that is true, but just to be safe, I stick with Celtic and Real Salt. Of course, this is totally up to you. The salt too is written about in The Guide as is the Salt Loading Protocol. The Guide is an amazing resource for you; I read it over about once a month just to refresh myself. You will learn much there! Happy to hear you are feeling better!Kathleenmoderator Lugol's & panic attack?> > > > > > > > I had been taking 1 drop of iosol for a couple of weeks and wasn't seeing much improvements.except maybe sleeping better. I read here that Iosol is not part of the suggested protocol, so I ordered the Lugol's from J. Crow. It came yesterday, and I took two drops, intending to work up to the four drops per day.> > > > Last night I ended up in the emergency room having a four-hour panic attack! I was given valium just to get myself back down.> > > > Now, this isn't the first time I've had a panic attack, but it's the first time I've ever had one like this - lasting four hours and coming and going in constant waves. I was simply terrified.> > > > I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this?> > > > I'm wondering if there's a connection between the potassium iodide and the adrenal glands that could have sent me into some kind of a "fight or flight" response with all that adrenaline.> > > > Anyone experienced this or know what's up?> >>

Hi Kathleen,

Tonight I got the Celtic sea salt, selenium, vitamin c and the B vitamin

co-factors. I'm still scared, but will try tomorrow again with just one drop.

My husband mentioned that he read somewhere that I should wait one month before

raising my dose. Not sure if that's true.

Thanks so much for all your help. Hope I'm on the right track!!

> > >

> > > Are you taking the companion nutrients with your iodine? Your panic

attack could very well have been a bromide detox reaction.

> > > Here is a list of bromide detox symptoms:

> > >

/www.breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html><http://www.\

breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html<http://www.breast\

cancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html>><http://www.breastcanc\

erchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html<http://www.breastcancerchoi\

ces.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html><http://www.breastcancerchoices.o\

rg/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html<http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/bro\

midedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html>>>

> > >

> > > As you can see, anxiety, emotionality are two of the many symptoms that

can present with bromide detox. The list of bromide detox symptoms on that link

is not limited to that list, so it could be you were experiencing a detox

symptom. I don't remember hearing anyone else having this , but maybe someone

else will chime in that has had a similar experience.

> > > Make sure you are taking the companion nutrients. The Salt Loading

Protocol is important to do when experiencing any of the detox symptoms. Both

the nutrients and the Salt Loading Protocol are written about in our Guide to

> > > Best to you!

> > > Kathleen

> > > moderator

> > > Lugol's & panic attack?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I had been taking 1 drop of iosol for a couple of weeks and wasn't

seeing much improvements.except maybe sleeping better. I read here that Iosol is

not part of the suggested protocol, so I ordered the Lugol's from J. Crow. It

came yesterday, and I took two drops, intending to work up to the four drops per

day.

> > >

> > > Last night I ended up in the emergency room having a four-hour panic

attack! I was given valium just to get myself back down.

> > >

> > > Now, this isn't the first time I've had a panic attack, but it's the

first time I've ever had one like this - lasting four hours and coming and going

in constant waves. I was simply terrified.

> > >

> > > I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this?

> > >

> > > I'm wondering if there's a connection between the potassium iodide and

the adrenal glands that could have sent me into some kind of a " fight or flight "

> > >

> > > Anyone experienced this or know what's up?

> > >

> >

>

My wife had something similar, with rapid heartbeat and anxiety after taking approximately 1 milligram of iodine. She then cut back to an occasional 1.25 microgram.

I've suggested to her, it might be a bromide detox reaction and that she should slowly increase her dose as she has had surgery for breast cysts. She is now at 2.5 micrograms a day. If she can ever get up to 1 milligram, then that's proof positive to me that other toxic halides are at work in the body.

Severe reactions to mercury detox protocols are all over the internet and the moral of the story is to start off with very small doses at first and increase slowly until you have problems - then go back down for a while.

The awful panicky feeling happened to me when I increased from three drops of Lugol's to four. It is hard when you're in the middle of something like that, to remember that it is probably bromide detox, and then to act accordingly. It took me an hour of suffering before I realized, " Wait a second, maybe this is just bromide detox...maybe I should try the salt loading. " And literally ten minutes after taking the salt, I was 85% better, and had a normal happy day. Phew.

ShaunaOn Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Olin <jolin@...> wrote:

My wife had something similar, with rapid heartbeat and anxiety after taking approximately 1 milligram of iodine.  She then cut back to an occasional 1.25 microgram.

I've suggested to her, it might be a bromide detox reaction and that she should slowly increase her dose as she has had surgery for breast cysts.  She is now at 2.5 micrograms a day.  If she can ever get up to 1 milligram, then that's proof positive to me that other toxic halides are at work in the body.

Severe reactions to mercury detox protocols are all over the internet and the moral of the story is to start off with very small doses at first and increase slowly until you have problems - then go back down for a while.  

__

Thanks for sharing this Shauna!

Kathleen

Re: Re: Lugol's & panic attack?

The awful panicky feeling happened to me when I increased from three drops of Lugol's to four. It is hard when you're in the middle of something like that, to remember that it is probably bromide detox, and then to act accordingly. It took me an hour of suffering before I realized, "Wait a second, maybe this is just bromide detox...maybe I should try the salt loading." And literally ten minutes after taking the salt, I was 85% better, and had a normal happy day. Phew.

Shauna

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Olin <jolin@...> wrote:

My wife had something similar, with rapid heartbeat and anxiety after taking approximately 1 milligram of iodine. She then cut back to an occasional 1.25 microgram.

I've suggested to her, it might be a bromide detox reaction and that she should slowly increase her dose as she has had surgery for breast cysts. She is now at 2.5 micrograms a day. If she can ever get up to 1 milligram, then that's proof positive to me that other toxic halides are at work in the body.

Severe reactions to mercury detox protocols are all over the internet and the moral of the story is to start off with very small doses at first and increase slowly until you have problems - then go back down for a while.

__