RemedySpot.com

thyroid test results

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've been on Lugol's for about three weeks now, give or take. I'm increasing my dose by a drop every few days. I've had hypothyroid symptoms for a long time, like always being very cold, freezing hands and feet, very low blood pressure, hair breaking, fatigue, sluggish, pale dry skin, muscle and joint pain, heavy periods, depression. So I requested from my doctor that we check my thyroid. My numbers all came back normal, but he didn't check free T3. Here's what I got:

Free T4: 1.04 (0.6-1.7)Anti-thyroid antibodies: negativeT3: 81.2 (60-181)Serum Cortisol: 12.13 (3.0-30.0)

Is that enough information to say that my thyroid is normal, or do I also need " Free T3 " ?Assuming my Free T3 comes back normal, too, what would account for all the hypothyroid symptoms, some of which I've had since I was a little kid?

Thanks!Shauna

Hi Shauna,

Yes,it is important that you have your FreeT3 tested. And even if it comes back 'normal', remember that symptoms are also a very important indication of thyroid function. The ranges for 'normal' get wider each passing year as the normals are based on the population and most of us are not that well! Most feel well with FreeT3 in the upper range and Free T4 mid to upper range.

Kind regards,

Kathleen

thyroid test results

I've been on Lugol's for about three weeks now, give or take. I'm increasing my dose by a drop every few days. I've had hypothyroid symptoms for a long time, like always being very cold, freezing hands and feet, very low blood pressure, hair breaking, fatigue, sluggish, pale dry skin, muscle and joint pain, heavy periods, depression. So I requested from my doctor that we check my thyroid. My numbers all came back normal, but he didn't check free T3. Here's what I got:

Free T4: 1.04 (0.6-1.7)

Anti-thyroid antibodies: negative

T3: 81.2 (60-181)

Serum Cortisol: 12.13 (3.0-30.0)

Is that enough information to say that my thyroid is normal, or do I also need "Free T3"?

Assuming my Free T3 comes back normal, too, what would account for all the hypothyroid symptoms, some of which I've had since I was a little kid?

Thanks!

Shauna

Thank you, Kathleen. I think I'll call up LabCorp and see how much it costs to just go and have Free T3 done. What is Reverse T3? Is that something important to measure, also? Shauna

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@...> wrote:

Hi Shauna,

Yes,it is important that you have your FreeT3 tested. And even if it comes back 'normal', remember that symptoms are also a very important indication of thyroid function. The ranges for 'normal' get wider each passing year as the normals are based on the population and most of us are not that well!  Most feel well with FreeT3 in the upper range and Free T4 mid to upper range.

Kind regards,

Kathleen

thyroid test results

Serum Cortisol: 12.13 (3.0-30.0)

Is that enough information to say that my thyroid is normal, or do I also need " Free T3 " ?

Assuming my Free T3 comes back normal, too, what would account for all the hypothyroid symptoms, some of which I've had since I was a little kid?

Thanks!

Shauna

-- http://borenfamily.blogspot.com/

Bonnie, thank you. Well, if Free T3 costs more, that would explain why my Kaiser doctor wouldn't order it! I'll find some way to get that tested...probably out-of-pocket. Shauna

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Bonnie Cole <bonnieview@...> wrote:

Hi Shauna:

I was told that

the Free T3 test costs more to do and they don’t always do it.  So

last week, when I went into Blood Work I had a List of what I wanted tested and

I made sure they were WRITTEN on the Lab requisition.

I even slipped

in a couple that I hadn’t had done before.

Bonnie

Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012

6:51 PM

iodine

Subject: thyroid test

results

I've been

on Lugol's for about three weeks now, give or take. I'm increasing my dose by a

drop every few days. I've had hypothyroid symptoms for a long time, like always

being very cold, freezing hands and feet, very low blood pressure, hair

breaking, fatigue, sluggish, pale dry skin, muscle and joint pain, heavy

periods, depression. So I requested from my doctor that we check my thyroid. My

numbers all came back normal, but he didn't check free T3. Here's what I got:

Serum Cortisol: 12.13

(3.0-30.0)

Is that enough information to say that my thyroid is normal, or do I

also need " Free T3 " ?

Assuming my Free T3 comes back normal, too, what would account for all

the hypothyroid symptoms, some of which I've had since I was a little kid?

Thanks!

Shauna

size=1 width= " 100% " noshade color= " #aca899 "

align=center>

No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2113/4823 - Release Date: 02/21/12

Reply to sender |

Reply to group |

Reply via web post |

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic