> > > > > something more i should have been doing? i take all the companion

nutrients

> > > > > and drink plenty of water. I eat really well. Mostly organic produce,

i

> > > > > juice when i can, eat fish, chicken, and beef (no steroids or

antibiotics,

> > > > > grass fed beef). i take no medications and do not drink. i am back to

one

> > > > > half drop of lugols and doing pretty well today. when i ramped up to a

drop

> > > > > and a half all heck broke lose. i bought some ashwaghanda today and

will

> > > > > try taking that to support my adrenals. i was told to start out at one

> > > > > capsule a day in the am, see how i do, and then increase to one in amm

and

> > > > > on at noon. does that sound right? my new plan is to increase 1/4 drop

> > > > > every week or every two weeks. have not decided yet, unless someone

knows

> > > > > of something better to do. thanks, barry

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Oops - where I put mg I meant grams.

> > > >

> > > > > **

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Linn, the only thing i knew to do was the salt loading. was there

> > > > > something more i should have been doing? i take all the companion

nutrients

> > > > > and drink plenty of water. I eat really well. Mostly organic produce,

i

> > > > > juice when i can, eat fish, chicken, and beef (no steroids or

antibiotics,

> > > > > grass fed beef). i take no medications and do not drink. i am back to

one

> > > > > half drop of lugols and doing pretty well today. when i ramped up to a

drop

> > > > > and a half all heck broke lose. i bought some ashwaghanda today and

will

> > > > > try taking that to support my adrenals. i was told to start out at one

> > > > > capsule a day in the am, see how i do, and then increase to one in amm

and

> > > > > on at noon. does that sound right? my new plan is to increase 1/4 drop

> > > > > every week or every two weeks. have not decided yet, unless someone

knows

> > > > > of something better to do. thanks, barry

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Barry, it was only recently that I'd ever heard of this, either. According to what I read, it is only true for a subset of people, but based on my own failed attempts at low-carb diets (to the point of blackouts, and dangerously unhealthy weight loss, despite more than adequate calories from protein and fat), I think I probably fall into that subset. The types of carbohydrate foods to include will vary for different people. I do best with gluten-free complex carbs from brown or parboiled rice, or sweet potato. I have issues with fruit (probably due to candida overgrowth), so mostly avoid it. I just have to make sure I have somewhere between a half cup and a cup of carb with each meal - it doesn't have to be a whole lot. And I think there will be individual variation. Without the carbs, I crash and burn before the next meal. Without the protein, I get insane cravings before the next meal and end up eating whatever junk is around, and then feeling overfull and sick. Every meal for me has to be a good balance of protein/fat/carb. A good book that discusses diet and how it affects adrenal and thyroid function is " The Diet Cure " by Ross. The book also discusses weight problems, which are not an issue for me so long as I keep carbs moderate, but can be linked to thyroid/adrenal stuff, as we all know. 

I hope you get to the bottom of the issues you're experiencing, and that you get to gradually increase your iodine and reap those benefits!Shauna

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:58 PM, viajero8 <viajero8@...> wrote:

Shauna, wow, i had never heard that before. that is really interesting. can you give me a list of carbohydrates that i should consider including? barry

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > Linn, the only thing i knew to do was the salt loading. was there

> > something more i should have been doing? i take all the companion nutrients

> > and drink plenty of water. I eat really well. Mostly organic produce, i

> > juice when i can, eat fish, chicken, and beef (no steroids or antibiotics,

> > grass fed beef). i take no medications and do not drink. i am back to one

> > half drop of lugols and doing pretty well today. when i ramped up to a drop

> > and a half all heck broke lose. i bought some ashwaghanda today and will

> > try taking that to support my adrenals. i was told to start out at one

> > capsule a day in the am, see how i do, and then increase to one in amm and

> > on at noon. does that sound right? my new plan is to increase 1/4 drop

> > every week or every two weeks. have not decided yet, unless someone knows

> > of something better to do. thanks, barry

> >

>

Guest guest

Barry,

I've seen improvement for which I don't know which supplement or diet to thank.

My thyroid is still a little iffy but no major problem (i think). However, my

adrenals -- I suspect they were in trouble when I used to react to the least

little caffeine in a scary way that made me think I had a rare fatal disease &

death was imminent. I no longer have that problem and I like to think it must be

iodine.

a prayer for your relief--

stephanie mcguirk

> > > > >

> > > > > > **

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Linn, the only thing i knew to do was the salt loading. was there

> > > > > > something more i should have been doing? i take all the companion

nutrients

> > > > > > and drink plenty of water. I eat really well. Mostly organic

produce, i

> > > > > > juice when i can, eat fish, chicken, and beef (no steroids or

antibiotics,

> > > > > > grass fed beef). i take no medications and do not drink. i am back

to one

> > > > > > half drop of lugols and doing pretty well today. when i ramped up to

a drop

> > > > > > and a half all heck broke lose. i bought some ashwaghanda today and

will

> > > > > > try taking that to support my adrenals. i was told to start out at

one

> > > > > > capsule a day in the am, see how i do, and then increase to one in

amm and

> > > > > > on at noon. does that sound right? my new plan is to increase 1/4

drop

> > > > > > every week or every two weeks. have not decided yet, unless someone

knows

> > > > > > of something better to do. thanks, barry

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank you, Shauna. I tried Atkins back in the 90s and struggled mightily with sugar cravings and hunger, despite the fact that I was supposed to feel "better." I did feel better... sort of, but had these problems. I'm sure part of it was adrenal fatigue, but I notice I feel better when I eat *some* carbs. Plus, let's be honest, eating cheese without the crackers sort of sucks. :-) -AngieOn Mar 6, 2012, at 3:16 PM, Shauna Boren wrote: Barry, it was only recently that I'd ever heard of this, either. According to what I read, it is only true for a subset of people, but based on my own failed attempts at low-carb diets (to the point of blackouts, and dangerously unhealthy weight loss, despite more than adequate calories from protein and fat), I think I probably fall into that subset. The types of carbohydrate foods to include will vary for different people. I do best with gluten-free complex carbs from brown or parboiled rice, or sweet potato. I have issues with fruit (probably due to candida overgrowth), so mostly avoid it. I just have to make sure I have somewhere between a half cup and a cup of carb with each meal - it doesn't have to be a whole lot. And I think there will be individual variation. Without the carbs, I crash and burn before the next meal. Without the protein, I get insane cravings before the next meal and end up eating whatever junk is around, and then feeling overfull and sick. Every meal for me has to be a good balance of protein/fat/carb. A good book that discusses diet and how it affects adrenal and thyroid function is "The Diet Cure" by Ross. The book also discusses weight problems, which are not an issue for me so long as I keep carbs moderate, but can be linked to thyroid/adrenal stuff, as we all know. I hope you get to the bottom of the issues you're experiencing, and that you get to gradually increase your iodine and reap those benefits!Shauna On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:58 PM, viajero8 <viajero8@...> wrote: Shauna, wow, i had never heard that before. that is really interesting. can you give me a list of carbohydrates that i should consider including? barry > > > ** > > > > > > Linn, the only thing i knew to do was the salt loading. was there > > something more i should have been doing? i take all the companion nutrients > > and drink plenty of water. I eat really well. Mostly organic produce, i > > juice when i can, eat fish, chicken, and beef (no steroids or antibiotics, > > grass fed beef). i take no medications and do not drink. i am back to one > > half drop of lugols and doing pretty well today. when i ramped up to a drop > > and a half all heck broke lose. i bought some ashwaghanda today and will > > try taking that to support my adrenals. i was told to start out at one > > capsule a day in the am, see how i do, and then increase to one in amm and > > on at noon. does that sound right? my new plan is to increase 1/4 drop > > every week or every two weeks. have not decided yet, unless someone knows > > of something better to do. thanks, barry > > > -Angie"The greatest threat to the Republic is that people rarely question the authenticity of political quotes at the bottoms of emails" - Jefferson