RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Multinodular goiter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Please look at the Guide to supplementing with iodine that you received when you joined or is in the FILES of the group. It addresses hashi's and iodine and how it is not an issue.

Buist, ND HC

Re: Multinodular goiter

, Thanks for your helpful comments....Wow, that seems like a lot of iodine but I'll start to increase the Iodoral by another one and see how that goes. Does it matter when you drink the salt/water mixture - the same time you take the iodine, or later in the day?What about the Hashimoto's with high dose iodine - no problem with that?Pam > > > > > Hello, I'm new to the group.....I have a multinodular goiter with many> > nodules - several large nodules on one side - have been monitoring> > yearly with ultrasound; had needle biopsy several years ago which> > indicated signs of Hashimoto's. I seem to be slightly hypo & take> > 0.025 mg Synthroid and one 12.5 tab Iodoral daily. My recent> > ultrasound shows the nodules are getting larger & the doc states they> > will continue to do so, which I do not want to happen. The surgeon> > mentions doing surgery to remove the large side but I'm not at all> > keen on that! At this point he is willing to wait & see what happens.> > > > The endo stated iodine would do nothing to change the outcome, but I> > want to believe otherwise. I would really appreciate hearing from> > someone who may have shrunk their goiter/nodules & who has> > Hashimoto's. It's not clear to me whether iodine is safe with> > Hashimoto's. I was reading the article for newcomers which quotes> > Dr. Brownstein regarding treating autoimmune disease - Point #1> > "Ingest enough iodine in order to provide adequate substrate to> > iodinate lipids". I have no idea what that means.....do I need to be> > working with a doctor who can monitor lab results? There may be> > somone in Ontario, I'm not sure. Dr. Brownstein is 4 hrs one way from> > where I live.> > > > Perhaps someone in this group who is knowledgeable could share with me> > what the protocal would be for these symptoms.> > > > Thanks for your help!> > > > Pam> > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------> > > > Owner: Buist, ND HC> > Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn > > > > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group > > IodineOT/> > > > > > The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)> > iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2> > 0-%20READ%20FIRST/