RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: organic absorbable iodine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Janet,Different organs in the body use different forms which is why using a product like Lugol's or Iodoral is important as they have both forms. Some quotes from Dr Brownstein's Iodine: Why You Need It: " It was thought that the intestinal tract could easily convert iodine to iodide, but research has shown this is not true. "   " Different tissues in the body respond to the different forms of iodine. The thyroid gland primarily utilizes iodide. " " The breasts, on the other hand, primarily utilize iodine. "  He also says that potassium iodide added to the iodine increases the solubility of iodine.

in AlaskaOn Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 2:01 AM, J <Proctja@...> wrote:

Hi Kathleen,

Thanks for your reply, I have read supplementing with iodine in the files section and quite abit of Dr Brownsteins writings online, can you just enlighten me as to why lugols is the best? I come back again to whether the potassium iodide is good for the thyroid or not (I appreciate Lugols contains iodine and pot. iodide). Only asking because of the conflicting information I'm coming across, that syas the pot iodide is not the preferred option for the thyroid. Also, when supplementing iodine (in whatever form)do you also supplememnt with lithium to balance out?

Janet

>

> Hi Janet,

> Please read Dr. Brownsteins book, IODINE, WHY YOU NEED IT, WHY YOU CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT IT. It is available many places, including Amazon.com. You will see the best form is Lugol's solution ( or Iodoral which is Lugol's in tablet form). You also need to read The Guide to Supplementing with Iodine that you were sent when you joined. You can also find it in our files. After you have read these, please feel free to ask questions!

> Kind regards,

> Kathleen

> moderator

> organic absorbable iodine

>

>

>

>

> Lokoing at the files section, my understanding is that the thyroid needs potassium iodide, but when I read around I'm seeing that this is not the best form of iodine for the thyroid. Instead am understanding organic absorbable iodine, as in foods, is the best form. When you have no dairy in the diet and little sea food where is the best form to come from if deficient? Be grateful for any insight as find it confusing but need to look at getting some iodine in diet that is lacking.

>

> Thanks Janet

>

But this is not what the group is "about" nor is that what we recommend. We recommend measurable / confirmed amounts of iodine / iodide that is supplemented with purpose. These products do not offer a measurable amount of iodine / iodide. When people are sick and need to heal this may be something they consume for benefits to their health but I do not recommend it as the main source of iodine.

I know that this is what you use in your spa but after running this group since 2007 and being connected to Dr. Brownstein, Dr. Abraham, and others I know that Iodine supplementation must be from a specific isolated product.

Buist, ND HC

Re: organic absorbable iodine

Hi Janet,Brown kelp, like Alarai(Wakame) or Kombu is wonderfully rich in bio-available iodine/iodide. This is what the Japanese & Korean cultures eat. Pasteurized milk or yogurt is not going to contain much iodine any longer, maybe in years past when farmers fed their cows seaweed meal and they grazed on grass. Cheers, Rod>> > > > > Lokoing at the files section, my understanding is that the thyroid needs potassium iodide, but when I read around I'm seeing that this is not the best form of iodine for the thyroid. Instead am understanding organic absorbable iodine, as in foods, is the best form. When you have no dairy in the diet and little sea food where is the best form to come from if deficient? Be grateful for any insight as find it confusing but need to look at getting some iodine in diet that is lacking. Thanks Janet>