RemedySpot.com

Re: Best Vit A supplement to take?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi MJ,

A really great way to get Vitamin A daily that your body will absorb and love is from carrot juice. Carrot/apple (organic, of course) is so tasty too!

best,

Kathleen

Best Vit A supplement to take?

I've done some research and I think I really need to start taking Vit A. Hypo people tend to be low in it, and it is also recommended to help with dry, tired, burning eyes which I have. I read that hypo individuals cannot convert beta-carotene to vitamin A, nor can they convert vitamin A to the form usable by the eyes. So, what type of Vit A would be most helpful for me to take? Anything along with the Vit A to help with the conversion? It may even help with my dry skin and eczema (I'm not totally sure my eczema is purely from iodine detox). ThanksMJ

Good idea!

MJ

>

> Hi MJ,

> A really great way to get Vitamin A daily that your body will absorb and

love is from carrot juice. Carrot/apple (organic, of course) is so tasty too!

> best,

> Kathleen

> moderator

> Best Vit A supplement to take?

>

>

>

> I've done some research and I think I really need to start taking Vit A.

Hypo people tend to be low in it, and it is also recommended to help with dry,

tired, burning eyes which I have. I read that hypo individuals cannot convert

beta-carotene to vitamin A, nor can they convert vitamin A to the form usable by

the eyes. So, what type of Vit A would be most helpful for me to take? Anything

along with the Vit A to help with the conversion? It may even help with my dry

skin and eczema (I'm not totally sure my eczema is purely from iodine detox).

>

> Thanks

> MJ

>

If you really want a supplement, Kroeger Herbs Sunny A has 25,000 iU's per tablet from both fish and carrot sources. Since some people have issues converting the Beta Carotene it's great to have both sources. This is what I have used in the past. Last I checked you could get it from Amazon.com

Buist, ND HC

Best Vit A supplement to take?> > > > I've done some research and I think I really need to start taking Vit A. Hypo people tend to be low in it, and it is also recommended to help with dry, tired, burning eyes which I have. I read that hypo individuals cannot convert beta-carotene to vitamin A, nor can they convert vitamin A to the form usable by the eyes. So, what type of Vit A would be most helpful for me to take? Anything along with the Vit A to help with the conversion? It may even help with my dry skin and eczema (I'm not totally sure my eczema is purely from iodine detox). > > Thanks> MJ>

its esssential to have vitamin A for the liver. But which one.I take Norwegian Cod liver oil. The waters where the cod arecaught are pristine. From: health43mj <mjsieber@...> iodine Sent: Thursday, 16 February 2012, 3:19 Subject: Best Vit A supplement to

take?

I've done some research and I think I really need to start taking Vit A. Hypo people tend to be low in it, and it is also recommended to help with dry, tired, burning eyes which I have. I read that hypo individuals cannot convert beta-carotene to vitamin A, nor can they convert vitamin A to the form usable by the eyes. So, what type of Vit A would be most helpful for me to take? Anything along with the Vit A to help with the conversion? It may even help with my dry skin and eczema (I'm not totally sure my eczema is purely from iodine detox).

Thanks

MJ

Can't put my hand on the research but 100gms of lambs liver has 25,000 iu vit A according to the USDA food charts. From: " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...> iodine Sent: Thursday, 16 February 2012, 11:22 Subject: Re: Re: Best Vit A supplement to take?

If you really want a supplement, Kroeger Herbs Sunny A has 25,000 iU's per tablet from both fish and carrot sources. Since some people have issues converting the Beta Carotene it's great to have both sources. This is what I have used in the past. Last I checked you could get it from Amazon.com

Buist, ND HC

Best Vit A supplement to take?> > > > I've done some research and I think I really need to start taking Vit A. Hypo people tend to be low in it, and it is also recommended to help with dry, tired, burning eyes which I have. I read that hypo individuals cannot convert beta-carotene to vitamin A, nor can they convert vitamin A to the form usable by the eyes. So, what type of Vit A would be most helpful for me to take? Anything along with the Vit A to help with the conversion? It may even help with my dry skin and eczema (I'm not totally sure my eczema is purely from iodine detox). > > Thanks> MJ>

I guess I am getting some vitamin A from my krill oil if fish oil has a lot of

vitamin A. I had a bottle of ACES from Carlton and took one yesterday. It

really did help with my tired burning eyes! I had a doctor in the past that

said I needed Mycelized vitamin A for better absorption.

The Mycelized process— a technique that may enhance absorption by producing

extremely tiny droplets (micelles) that are easily assimilated by the body.

each drop has 5000 iui and I think he had me take 3 drops a day. At the time I

was trying to conceive, so I may be able to take even more now.

MJ

> >>

> >> Hi MJ,

> >> A

> really great way to get Vitamin A daily that your body will absorb and love

is

> from carrot juice. Carrot/apple (organic, of course) is so tasty too!

> >>

> best,

> >> Kathleen

> >> moderator

> >> Best Vit

> A supplement to take?

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> I've done some

> research and I think I really need to start taking Vit A. Hypo people tend

to

> be low in it, and it is also recommended to help with dry, tired, burning

eyes

> which I have. I read that hypo individuals cannot convert beta-carotene to

> vitamin A, nor can they convert vitamin A to the form usable by the eyes.

So,

> what type of Vit A would be most helpful for me to take? Anything along with

> the Vit A to help with the conversion? It may even help with my dry skin and

> eczema (I'm not totally sure my eczema is purely from iodine detox).

> >>

> >> Thanks

> >> MJ

> >>

> >

> >

>

sorry to butt in and disagree, but what you get from carrots is betacarotene, a

precursor to Vitamin A. Betacarotene is converted to Vitamin A in the liver as

long as there is enough thyroid hormone. Low thryoid hormone means low

conversion rate. That's why yellow/orange discolouration of the skin from a

backlog of unconverted betacarotene is an potential indicator of hypothyroidism.

Sorry that doesn't answer the question about the best form of Vitamin A - if

anyone knows that, I'm also interested.

> >

> > Hi MJ,

> > A really great way to get Vitamin A daily that your body will absorb and

love is from carrot juice. Carrot/apple (organic, of course) is so tasty too!

> > best,

> > Kathleen

> > moderator

> > Best Vit A supplement to take?

> >

> >

> >

> > I've done some research and I think I really need to start taking Vit A.

Hypo people tend to be low in it, and it is also recommended to help with dry,

tired, burning eyes which I have. I read that hypo individuals cannot convert

beta-carotene to vitamin A, nor can they convert vitamin A to the form usable by

the eyes. So, what type of Vit A would be most helpful for me to take? Anything

along with the Vit A to help with the conversion? It may even help with my dry

skin and eczema (I'm not totally sure my eczema is purely from iodine detox).

> >

> > Thanks

> > MJ

> >

>

Is this after it's cooked? Personally organ meat is more nutritionally dense than muscle meat. The heart is the best.OlusholaOn Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 6:29 AM, david kenna <davidjohnkenna@...> wrote:

Can't put my hand on the research but 100gms of lambs liver 

has 25,000 iu vit A according to the USDA food charts.

iodine Sent: Thursday, 16 February 2012, 11:22

Subject: Re: Re: Best Vit A supplement to take?

If you really want a supplement, Kroeger Herbs Sunny A has 25,000 iU's per tablet from both fish and carrot sources.  Since some people have issues converting the Beta Carotene it's great to have both sources.  This is what I have used in the past.  Last I checked you could get it from Amazon.com

Buist, ND HC

I hope the previous post will show up. I checked this option in my email options. I wanted to comment that I remember reading that vit a, unlike vit c, builds up in your system and that one should not take more than 5000 /day. You might want to verify this.Betty