RemedySpot.com

Doctor in NYC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you so much! I left a voicemail, so hopefully we'll get an appointment soon. I appreciate the recommendation.

Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:26 AM

iodine

Subject: Re: Doctor in NYC

I have recommended:

Dr Caramagna DO

73 Floyd Pl Ste 1-AEast Norwich, NY 11732(516) 922-2157

I have chatted with him via e-mail and he seems very nice. He told me that Dr. Brownstein was his mentor when it came to iodine and natural thyroid hormone. I was encouraged by this. He is a GP and also a professor at the local college. So I think his office hours are part time. He is not in NYC but many travel to get to a good doctor.

I hope this helps!

Buist, ND HC

Doctor in NYC

I just received the results of my daughter's (17 yrs old, enteropathic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis)blood test:TSH - 1.140 (0.70 - 5.70)FT4 - 1.340 (0.80 - 1.90)FT3 - 3.100 (4.80 - 6.00)!!I'd like to find a doctor in the NYC area who prescribes desiccated thyroid. I've checked all the lists of doctors, including those on the ACAM, AAEM, STTM, and breastcancerchoices.org sites, but I'd really rather get a recommendation based on personal experience. Can anyone out there suggest a doctor?BTW, my daughter does take iodine (up to 37.5 mg) and the companion nutrients, but I had her stop for about 1 1/2 weeks prior to her blood test to get a base reading.Thanks in advance for your help,nne

Just to chime in here...I personally went to him for awhile. He was wonderful. Really took the time to listen and was very thorough. I wish I could still get there, but he's about 4 hours from me and finances just don't allow right now. I asked about how he knew Dr. Brownstein and he said they were friends... I know you wanted personal recommendations, so I figured I'd second the recommendation :) Best of luck! He does take awhile to get back sometimes, so if you don't hear back in a couple days, I'd try him again :) Hope he helps you as much as he helped me :)SaraOn Feb 15, 2012, at 9:04 PM, "nne DiFazio" <rdifazio@...> wrote:

Thank you so much! I left a voicemail, so hopefully we'll get an appointment soon. I appreciate the recommendation.

iodine

I have recommended:

Dr Caramagna DO

I have chatted with him via e-mail and he seems very nice. He told me that Dr. Brownstein was his mentor when it came to iodine and natural thyroid hormone. I was encouraged by this. He is a GP and also a professor at the local college. So I think his office hours are part time. He is not in NYC but many travel to get to a good doctor.

I hope this helps!

Buist, ND HC

Doctor in NYC

I just received the results of my daughter's (17 yrs old, enteropathic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis)blood test:TSH - 1.140 (0.70 - 5.70)FT4 - 1.340 (0.80 - 1.90)FT3 - 3.100 (4.80 - 6.00)!!I'd like to find a doctor in the NYC area who prescribes desiccated thyroid. I've checked all the lists of doctors, including those on the ACAM, AAEM, STTM, and breastcancerchoices.org sites, but I'd really rather get a recommendation based on personal experience. Can anyone out there suggest a doctor?BTW, my daughter does take iodine (up to 37.5 mg) and the companion nutrients, but I had her stop for about 1 1/2 weeks prior to her blood test to get a base reading.Thanks in advance for your help,nne

Thank you. I appreciate the info.

Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:38 PM

iodine

Just to chime in here...I personally went to him for awhile. He was wonderful. Really took the time to listen and was very thorough. I wish I could still get there, but he's about 4 hours from me and finances just don't allow right now. I asked about how he knew Dr. Brownstein and he said they were friends... I know you wanted personal recommendations, so I figured I'd second the recommendation :) Best of luck! He does take awhile to get back sometimes, so if you don't hear back in a couple days, I'd try him again :) Hope he helps you as much as he helped me :)

Sara

On Feb 15, 2012, at 9:04 PM, "nne DiFazio" <rdifazio@...> wrote:

iodine

I have recommended:

Dr Caramagna DO

I hope this helps!

Buist, ND HC

Doctor in NYC

Thank you Sara for chiming in! It always helps to get another opinion. As I said I think he is only practicing part time. So that may account for his lag in responsiveness. At one time I think his wife was helping him in the office.

Buist, ND HC

Doctor in NYC

Here in Nashville, I am eagerly waiting for my new patient visit with a

naturopath who is FAMILIAR WITH the IODINE THERAPY!!!! On the phone, that's what

the nurse told me when I called to inquire.

Sandy Colvard, NMD

Nashville Integrated Medicine

2931 Berry Hill Dr

Nashville, TN 37204

615/385-7001

They are not insurance-filers and are " out of network " .That has always kept me

from trying them. But with recent GI symptoms and a decision I have to make

about treatments, I've decided it can't cost more than the conventional route

and will save me (1) the serious misgivings, and (2) radiation from CT scans,

(3) antibiotics and whatever other medicine, surgery, etc., a conventional

approach might require.

Mc

>

>

>

>

> Thank you so much! I left a voicemail, so hopefully we'll get an appointment

soon. I appreciate the recommendation.

>

>

> From: Buist, ND HC

> Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:26 AM

> iodine

> Subject: Re: Doctor in NYC

>

>

>

>

> I have recommended:

>

> Dr Caramagna DO

> 73 Floyd Pl Ste 1-A

> East Norwich, NY 11732

> (516) 922-2157

>

>

> I have chatted with him via e-mail and he seems very nice. He told me that

Dr. Brownstein was his mentor when it came to iodine and natural thyroid

hormone. I was encouraged by this. He is a GP and also a professor at the

local college. So I think his office hours are part time. He is not in NYC

but many travel to get to a good doctor.

>

> I hope this helps!

>

> Buist, ND HC

>

>

>

>

> Doctor in NYC

>

>

>

> I just received the results of my daughter's (17 yrs old, enteropathic

juvenile rheumatoid arthritis)blood test:

>

> TSH - 1.140 (0.70 - 5.70)

>

> FT4 - 1.340 (0.80 - 1.90)

>

> FT3 - 3.100 (4.80 - 6.00)!!

>

> I'd like to find a doctor in the NYC area who prescribes desiccated

thyroid. I've checked all the lists of doctors, including those on the ACAM,

AAEM, STTM, and breastcancerchoices.org sites, but I'd really rather get a

recommendation based on personal experience. Can anyone out there suggest a

doctor?

>

> BTW, my daughter does take iodine (up to 37.5 mg) and the companion

nutrients, but I had her stop for about 1 1/2 weeks prior to her blood test to

get a base reading.

>

> Thanks in advance for your help,

> nne

>

Dear ne,Dr MAJID ALI is in NYC and he is one exceptionally good doctor. He was pathologist, now works in his own INSTITUTE OF INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE  in Denville NJ and NYC. He is prescribing Armour etc..

There is also Dr Cacciola in Paramus (close to NYC) he is my own doctor, he takes insurances and prescribes Armour. He is regular MD but absolutely holistic oriented.Dr Majid charges  $ 125.00 per visit. (goggle his name and you will get a lot of information about him )

God luck,Tash  I'd like to find a doctor in the NYC area who prescribes desiccated thyroid. I've checked all the lists of doctors, including those on the ACAM, AAEM, STTM, and breastcancerchoices.org sites, but I'd really rather get a recommendation based on personal experience. Can anyone out there suggest a doctor?

Tash, thank you so much for the recommendations. I'll look into both.nneOn Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Milka Salic-Djuric <milkasalic@...> wrote:

Dear ne,Dr MAJID ALI is in NYC and he is one exceptionally good doctor. He was pathologist, now works in his own INSTITUTE OF INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE  in Denville NJ and NYC. He is prescribing Armour etc..

There is also Dr Cacciola in Paramus (close to NYC) he is my own doctor, he takes insurances and prescribes Armour. He is regular MD but absolutely holistic oriented.Dr Majid charges  $ 125.00 per visit. (goggle his name and you will get a lot of information about him )

God luck,Tash  I'd like to find a doctor in the NYC area who prescribes desiccated thyroid. I've checked all the lists of doctors, including those on the ACAM, AAEM, STTM, and breastcancerchoices.org sites, but I'd really rather get a recommendation based on personal experience. Can anyone out there suggest a doctor?