RemedySpot.com

Re: hypo, then hyper...finally have lab results...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm just tired all the time. If I don't get a minimum of 9.5 hrs of sleep a night, I am a zombie (like today, I had to get up at 6am--all day, I can barely keep my eyes open). When I do get 9.5 hrs of sleep, then I usually could go for a nap around 2pm (I wish...). I have 3 boys and run a business from home -- no time for naps.I also have fibromylagia. So I'm achey all the time. When I was on synthroid/cytomel, originally it gave me that extra boost (boy, did I

have energy!). But then I was back to being tired again. So I went off of it...and I've felt the same. I remember also, being on cytomel, I would have

heart palpitations, but those are gone now. From: Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...> iodine ; amyv_edi@... Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:58 PM Subject: Re: hypo, then

hyper...finally have lab results...

Amy,Your TSH would be called hyper by conventional medicine; however, your Free T3 and Free T4 do not indicate a hyperthyroid state. Are you having hyper symptoms? in Alaska

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM, amyv_edi <amyv_edi@...> wrote:

Could I please have an interpretation?

FT4 1.14 R: .82-1.77

FT3 3.1 R: 2-4.4

RT3 29.5 R: 13.5-34.2

TSH .12 R: .45-4.5

Ferritin 41 R: 13-150 (last lab result was 25)

Hemoglobin 15.7 R: 11.7-15.5

I have been off of Synthroid since September and stopped Cytomel in January.

Thanks,

Amy in MN

Have you had your thyroid antibodies checked to make sure you are not dealing with an autoimmune issue?On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Amy Van Dyke <amyv_edi@...> wrote:

I'm just tired all the time. If I don't get a minimum of 9.5 hrs of sleep a night, I am a zombie (like today, I had to get up at 6am--all day, I can barely keep my eyes open). When I do get 9.5 hrs of sleep, then I usually could go for a nap around 2pm (I wish...). I have 3 boys and run a business from home -- no time for naps.

I also have fibromylagia. So I'm achey all the time. When I was on synthroid/cytomel, originally it gave me that extra boost (boy, did I

have energy!). But then I was back to being tired again. So I went off of it...and I've felt the same.  I remember also, being on cytomel, I would have

heart palpitations, but those are gone now.

iodine ; amyv_edi@... Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:58 PM

Subject: Re: hypo, then

Amy,Your TSH would be called hyper by conventional medicine; however, your Free T3 and Free T4 do not indicate a hyperthyroid state. Are you having hyper symptoms? in Alaska

Thanks,

Amy in MN

I don't know. I had a bunch of lab work done last year that ruled out lupus, rheumatoid arthritis... if that is what you are thinking?Amy From: Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...> Amy Van Dyke <amyv_edi@...> Cc:

"iodine " <iodine > Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:44 PM Subject: Re: hypo, then hyper...finally have lab results...

Have you had your thyroid antibodies checked to make sure you are not dealing with an autoimmune issue?On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Amy Van Dyke <amyv_edi@...> wrote:

I'm just tired all the time. If I don't get a minimum of 9.5 hrs of sleep a night, I am a zombie (like today, I had to get up at 6am--all day, I can barely keep my eyes open). When I do get 9.5 hrs of sleep, then I usually could go for a nap around 2pm (I wish...). I have 3 boys and run a business from home -- no time for naps.

I also have fibromylagia. So I'm achey all the time. When I was on synthroid/cytomel, originally it gave me that extra boost (boy, did I

have energy!). But then I was back to being tired again. So I went off of it...and I've felt the same. I remember also, being on cytomel, I would have

heart palpitations, but those are gone now.

iodine ; amyv_edi@... Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:58 PM

Subject: Re: hypo, then

Thanks,

Amy in MN

Amy,I sympathize because i was tired all the time after my TT in 2004. Synthroid also took a lot out of me. I just lowered the dose due to severe palps and increasing blood pressure. I'm following the iodine and vitamin regimen recommended here and feel much better. I have more energy, my mind is clearer and my female problems like painful, heavy periods, breast pain due to fibrocystic breast are going away. I still don't sleep well. I usually lay down at 10:30 and get shaken awake by 2am!!! Then I can hardly sleep. Despite that, I feel more energized taking Iodoral. I'm also on the road to switching to natural hormone.AgnesSent from my iPadOn Feb 22, 2012, at 5:43 PM, Amy Van Dyke <amyv_edi@...> wrote:

I'm just tired all the time. If I don't get a minimum of 9.5 hrs of sleep a night, I am a zombie (like today, I had to get up at 6am--all day, I can barely keep my eyes open). When I do get 9.5 hrs of sleep, then I usually could go for a nap around 2pm (I wish...). I have 3 boys and run a business from home -- no time for naps.Ieast also have fibromylagia. So I'm achey all the time. When I was on synthroid/cytomel, originally it gave me that extra boost (boy, did I

heart palpitations, but those are gone now. From: Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...> iodine ; amyv_edi@... Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:58 PM Subject: Re: hypo, then

Thanks,

Amy in MN

=

I've been on the Iodine protocol for over 3 yrs. It definitely gave me more energy...but still not enough. 3 yrs ago, if I went grocery shopping, I was exhausted for 2 days (I was only 34 yrs old). So now, I am able to go shopping and still have energy to keep going (but I'm tired).I was diagnosed in May with hypo, then in September I was diagnosed as hyper.But now it looks like I'm leveling out...no more meds -- which is a good thing. But I am still so tired. My next step...progestrone cream. I found a pharmacist that will have my dr prescibe it.As for sleep... I have to take 100-200mg of 5-htp and 5mg Flexril every night -- otherwise, I am up at 2am.Amy From: Agnes <agnes9971@...> "iodine " <iodine > Cc: Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...>; "iodine " <iodine > Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:08 PM Subject: Re: hypo, then hyper...finally have lab results...

Amy,I sympathize because i was tired all the time after my TT in 2004. Synthroid also took a lot out of me. I just lowered the dose due to severe palps and increasing blood pressure. I'm following the iodine and vitamin regimen recommended here and feel much better. I have more energy, my mind is clearer and my female problems like painful, heavy periods, breast pain due to fibrocystic breast are going away. I still don't sleep well. I usually lay down at 10:30 and get shaken awake by 2am!!! Then I can hardly sleep. Despite that, I feel more energized taking Iodoral. I'm also on the road to switching to natural hormone.AgnesSent from my iPadOn Feb 22, 2012, at 5:43 PM, Amy Van Dyke <amyv_edi@...> wrote:

I'm just tired all the time. If I don't get a minimum of 9.5 hrs of sleep a night, I am a zombie (like today, I had to get up at 6am--all day, I can barely keep my eyes open). When I do get 9.5 hrs of sleep, then I usually could go for a nap around 2pm (I wish...). I have 3 boys and run a business from home -- no time for naps.Ieast also have fibromylagia. So I'm achey all the time. When I was on synthroid/cytomel, originally it

gave me that extra boost (boy, did I

hyper...finally have lab results... Amy,Your TSH would be called hyper by conventional medicine; however, your Free T3 and Free T4 do not indicate a hyperthyroid state. Are you having hyper symptoms? in Alaska

n Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM, amyv_edi <amyv_edi@...> wrote:

Thanks,

Amy in MN

If you have fibro, you might want to look at LDN.

Here is a new study that talks about women and fibro.

Good to see this being presented to the above. A reminder re Dr. Jarred Younger's LDN and fibro trial:PALM SPRINGS, CA -

Low-dose Naltrexone was found to be effective and highly tolerable in women with fibromyalgia, with 57% of the participants reportingat least 30% in pain reduction, according to results of aplacebo-controlled, double-blind trial presented during the 2012 AmericanAcademy of Pain Medicine Annual Meeting.Previously, a single-blind pilot study in ten women with fibromyalgia foundNaltrexone 4.5 mg/day reduced pain and fatigue,1 Jarred Younger, PhD, ofStanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA, and colleaguesreported.In this study, 28 women ranging from 23 to 65 years of age with a meanfibromyalgia duration of 11.7 years completed two weeks of baseline testing,12 weeks of treatment with low-dose Naltrexone (4.5mg once per day), fourweeks of placebo (counter-balanced), and four weeks of follow-up. Theprimary outcome was daily pain. Participants used a handheld computer tocomplete daily symptom severity reports and were seen in the laboratoryevery two weeks to assess side effects and receive a new bottle of capsules.Continuation of daily medications as normal was permitted, with theexclusion of opioid analgesics.Fifty percent of participants reported their pain being much improved orvery much improved after 12 weeks of lose-dose Naltrexone. Low-doseNaltrexone reduced fibromyalgia symptom severity by 48.5% versus 27.4% inthe placebo group (F[1101]=7.7, P=0.006), as measured in the final threedays. On a 100-point scale (100="perfectly tolerated"), both the low-doseNaltrexone (89.2) and placebo (89.4) were rated as tolerable. Vivid dreams(37% vs. 13%) and headache (16% vs. 3%) were reported more often withlow-dose Naltrexone than placebo. Neither fatigue nor sleep quality wereimproved significantly by low-dose Naltrexone. Participants were not accurate in guessing whether they were receivinglow-dose Naltrexone or placebo. "Low-dose Naltrexone should undergo a full,parallel-group randomized controlled trial with a larger group ofindividuals," the investigators noted.

Glowing,grace~"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before morning."- Henry Ford "When the government gets involved in the private sector and picks out winners and losers, it screws up the whole market," "The freedom and happiness of man...[are] the sole objects of all legitimate government." -- Jefferson

I was suppose to go on LDN at the end of January. But then my 'compounding' pharmacist wanted me to try Progestrone cream first.So I canceled my appt for the LDN. And have been waiting (guess he's been busy). I'll get another appt setup with the neurologist that prescribes LDN -- I've been waiting too long.... But...I do have one question with LDN -- will it help with energy? I would LOVE it if I could get up at 7am (even 6am) everyday (in bed by 10pm). I have sooo much more I could accomplish if I had that extra 1/2 - 1 hr.The past 3 nights I haven't been sleeping much because my 7 yr old is diabetic...and has had high blood sugars throughout the night. Last night I finally fell

onto the couch and couldn't move. Not getting my 9 hrs of sleep is toture for me. Also, if I could lower my dose of 5-htp, I think that would help too. I am a worryier (is that a word :)) though and dreaming is scary for me. Thanks,Amy From: "TOBDNCNG@..." <TOBDNCNG@...> amyv_edi@...; Iodine Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 2:23 PM Subject: Re: hypo, then hyper...finally have lab results...

Good to see this being presented to the above. A reminder re Dr. Jarred Younger's LDN and fibro trial:PALM SPRINGS, CA -

Low-dose Naltrexone was found to be effective and highly tolerable in women with fibromyalgia, with 57% of the participants reportingat least 30% in pain reduction, according to results of aplacebo-controlled, double-blind trial presented during the 2012 AmericanAcademy of Pain Medicine Annual Meeting.Previously, a single-blind pilot study in ten women with fibromyalgia foundNaltrexone 4.5 mg/day reduced pain and fatigue,1 Jarred Younger, PhD, ofStanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA, and colleaguesreported.In this study, 28 women ranging from 23 to 65 years of age with a meanfibromyalgia duration of 11.7 years completed two weeks of baseline testing,12 weeks of treatment with low-dose Naltrexone (4.5mg once per day), fourweeks of placebo (counter-balanced) , and four weeks of follow-up. Theprimary outcome was daily pain. Participants used a handheld computer tocomplete daily symptom severity reports and were seen in the laboratoryevery two weeks to assess side effects and receive a new bottle of capsules.Continuation of daily medications as normal was permitted, with theexclusion of opioid analgesics.Fifty percent of participants reported their pain being much improved orvery much improved after 12 weeks of lose-dose Naltrexone. Low-doseNaltrexone reduced fibromyalgia symptom severity by 48.5% versus 27.4% inthe placebo group (F[1101]=7.7, P=0.006), as measured in the final threedays. On a 100-point scale (100="perfectly tolerated"), both the low-doseNaltrexone (89.2) and placebo (89.4) were rated as tolerable. Vivid dreams(37% vs. 13%) and headache (16% vs. 3%) were reported more often withlow-dose Naltrexone than placebo. Neither fatigue nor sleep quality wereimproved significantly by low-dose Naltrexone. Participants were not accurate in guessing whether they were receivinglow-dose Naltrexone or placebo. "Low-dose Naltrexone should undergo a full,parallel-group randomized controlled trial with a larger group ofindividuals, " the investigators noted.

Glowing,grace~"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before morning."- Henry Ford "When the government gets involved in the private sector and picks out winners and losers, it screws up the whole market," "The freedom and happiness of man...[are] the sole objects of all legitimate government." -- Jefferson

LDN gives me more energy...in my body (not my head). I'm taking it for Lyme. I'm only on 1.5 mg so far. Theoretically this makes sense because it increases endorphin production, and endorphins increase energy. Worth a try. Good luck.

ShaunaOn Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Amy Van Dyke <amyv_edi@...> wrote:

I was suppose to go on LDN at the end of January. But then my 'compounding' pharmacist wanted me to try Progestrone cream first.

So I canceled my appt for the LDN.  And have been waiting (guess he's been busy). I'll get another appt setup with the neurologist that prescribes LDN -- I've been waiting too long....

But...I do have one question with LDN -- will it help with energy?  I would LOVE it if I could get up at 7am (even 6am) everyday (in bed by 10pm). I have sooo much more I could accomplish if I had that extra 1/2 - 1 hr.

The past 3 nights I haven't been sleeping much because my 7 yr old is diabetic...and has had high blood sugars throughout the night.  Last night I finally fell

onto the couch and couldn't move.  Not getting my 9 hrs of sleep is toture for me.  Also, if I could lower my dose of 5-htp, I think that would help too.  I am a worryier (is that a word :)) though and dreaming is scary for me.

Thanks,Amy 

amyv_edi@...; Iodine Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 2:23 PM

Subject: Re: hypo, then hyper...finally have lab results...

Low-dose Naltrexone was found to be effective and highly tolerable in women with fibromyalgia, with 57% of the participants reportingat least 30% in pain reduction, according to results of aplacebo-controlled, double-blind trial presented during the 2012 AmericanAcademy of Pain Medicine Annual Meeting.Previously, a single-blind pilot study in ten women with fibromyalgia foundNaltrexone 4.5 mg/day reduced pain and fatigue,1 Jarred Younger, PhD, ofStanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA, and colleaguesreported.In this study, 28 women ranging from 23 to 65 years of age with a meanfibromyalgia duration of 11.7 years completed two weeks of baseline testing,12 weeks of treatment with low-dose Naltrexone (4.5mg once per day), fourweeks of placebo (counter-balanced) , and four weeks of follow-up. Theprimary outcome was daily pain. Participants used a handheld computer tocomplete daily symptom severity reports and were seen in the laboratoryevery two weeks to assess side effects and receive a new bottle of capsules.Continuation of daily medications as normal was permitted, with theexclusion of opioid analgesics.Fifty percent of participants reported their pain being much improved orvery much improved after 12 weeks of lose-dose Naltrexone. Low-doseNaltrexone reduced fibromyalgia symptom severity by 48.5% versus 27.4% inthe placebo group (F[1101]=7.7, P=0.006), as measured in the final threedays. On a 100-point scale (100= " perfectly tolerated " ), both the low-doseNaltrexone (89.2) and placebo (89.4) were rated as tolerable. Vivid dreams(37% vs. 13%) and headache (16% vs. 3%) were reported more often withlow-dose Naltrexone than placebo. Neither fatigue nor sleep quality wereimproved significantly by low-dose Naltrexone. Participants were not accurate in guessing whether they were receivinglow-dose Naltrexone or placebo. " Low-dose Naltrexone should undergo a full,parallel-group randomized controlled trial with a larger group ofindividuals, " the investigators noted.

Glowing,grace~ " It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before morning. " - Henry Ford " When the government gets involved in the private sector and picks out winners and losers, it screws up the whole market, " " The freedom and happiness of man...[are] the sole objects of all legitimate government. " -- Jefferson

Personally, progesterone or not, LDN is a different mechanism and I think that's

an odd demand to make of someone to wait. Progesterone is not going to raise

endorphin levels particularly, and endorphin deficiency is one of the hallmarks

of

fibromyalgia. One of the few, if any, things that all fibro pts share is

endorphin

deficiency. Definitely, LDN helped my energy level but the thing that really put

my energy over the top was the IODINE protocol. The combination is very good

for fibro pts.

5-HTP enhances sleep so I'm not sure how a smaller dose would help there.

That said, I have been able to lower my 5-HTP dose since being on LDN. I

would remain on your same 5HTP dose and not change it until you've been on

LDN for a while.

And lastly, LDN helps with Type 1 Diabetes if that is what your child has.

best wishes,

--Victoira

On 27 Feb 2012 at 13:31, Amy Van Dyke wrote:

>

>

>

> I was suppose to go on LDN at the end of January. But then my

> 'compounding' pharmacist wanted me to try Progestrone cream first. So

> I canceled my appt for the LDN. And have been waiting (guess he's been

> busy). I'll get another appt setup with the neurologist that

> prescribes LDN -- I've been waiting too long....

>

> But...I do have one question with LDN -- will it help with energy? I

> would LOVE it if I could get up at 7am (even 6am)everyday (in bed by

> 10pm). I have sooo much more I could accomplish if I had that extra

> 1/2 - 1 hr. The past 3 nightsI haven't been sleeping much because my 7

> yr old is diabetic...and has had high blood sugars throughout the

> night. Last night I finally fell onto the couch and couldn't move. Not

> getting my 9 hrs of sleep is toture for me. Also, if I could lower my

> dose of 5-htp, I think that would help too. I am a worryier (is that a

> word :)) though and dreaming isscary for me.

>

> Thanks,

> Amy

>

>

> From: " TOBDNCNG@... " <TOBDNCNG@...>

> amyv_edi@...; Iodine

> Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 2:23 PM

> Subject: Re: hypo, then hyper...finally have lab results...

>

> If you have fibro, you might want to look at LDN.

>

> Here is a new study that talks about women and fibro.

>

> Good to see this being presented to the above.

> A reminder re Dr. Jarred Younger's LDN and fibro trial:

>

> PALM SPRINGS, CA -

> Low-dose Naltrexone was found to be effective and highly tolerable in

> women with fibromyalgia, with 57% of the participants reporting at

> least 30% in pain reduction, according to results of a

> placebo-controlled, double-blind trial presented during the 2012

> American Academy of Pain Medicine Annual Meeting.

>

> Previously, a single-blind pilot study in ten women with fibromyalgia

> found Naltrexone 4.5 mg/day reduced pain and fatigue,1 Jarred Younger,

> PhD, of Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA, and

> colleagues reported.

>

> In this study, 28 women ranging from 23 to 65 years of age with a mean

> fibromyalgia duration of 11.7 years completed two weeks of baseline

> testing, 12 weeks of treatment with low-dose Naltrexone (4.5mg once

> per day), four weeks of placebo (counter-balanced) , and four weeks of

> follow-up. The primary outcome was daily pain. Participants used a

> handheld computer to complete daily symptom severity reports and were

> seen in the laboratory every two weeks to assess side effects and

> receive a new bottle of capsules. Continuation of daily medications as

> normal was permitted, with the exclusion of opioid analgesics.

>

> Fifty percent of participants reported their pain being much improved

> or very much improved after 12 weeks of lose-dose Naltrexone. Low-dose

> Naltrexone reduced fibromyalgia symptom severity by 48.5% versus 27.4%

> in the placebo group (F[1101]=7.7, P=0.006), as measured in the final

> three days.

>

> On a 100-point scale (100= " perfectly tolerated " ), both the low-dose

> Naltrexone (89.2) and placebo (89.4) were rated as tolerable. Vivid

> dreams (37% vs. 13%) and headache (16% vs. 3%) were reported more

> often with low-dose Naltrexone than placebo. Neither fatigue nor sleep

> quality were improved significantly by low-dose Naltrexone.

>

> Participants were not accurate in guessing whether they were receiving

> low-dose Naltrexone or placebo. " Low-dose Naltrexone should undergo a

> full, parallel-group randomized controlled trial with a larger group

> of individuals, " the investigators noted.

>

>

> Glowing,

>

> grace~

>