RemedySpot.com

Adrenal Group - Examples of why I have issues

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I did not know until yesterday that the NTH Adrenal group had a website with their information. I started to scan the website last night and stumbled on this page:

http://www.adrenalsweb.org/other-factors-in-adrenal-fatigue.php

Of course I looked at Iodine:

Iodine - We do not recommend supplementing with Iodine. Iodine detox is very hard on weak adrenals. Iodine is the main component of thyroid hormones and once your thyroid replacement is optimal, iodine should not be needed.

Here is some of our research on Iodine and Adrenals http://www.iodine4health.com/body/adrenals/adrenals.htm

Following their advice would open you up for all kinds of issues as iodine is in the body - everywhere. Here are some research links to the various parts of the body:

http://www.iodine4health.com/body/body.htm

The owner of the NTH Adrenal group states that once thyroid replacement is optimal, iodine should not be needed. That is assuming that only the thyroid needs iodine. This is Allopathic / big pharma teaching. IT IS WRONG!! The breast tissue has Pendrin that concentrates iodine in the ducts (where do many cancers occur? - Ducts) and is elevated when nursing an infant so that they iodine is in the breast milk for the child - if iodine deficient the child suffers mentally and developmentally.

Next - they advise not to take a Multi-Vitamin:

Multi-Vitamins - We do not recommend multi vitamins as it is simply not wise to take things we do not need. The amount of any vitamin in a multi is not going to be enough to correct a deficiency anyway as they must be a safe level for anyone to take. It is much better to only take what we know we need and take that in a correct amount tailored to our individual bodies.

Really? No multivitamins? Since when are vitamins unwise to take? It is the foundation of any ill person - which is what an adrenal fatigued person is. Most are toxic and nutritionally deficient. So since the amount in most multivitamins isn't enough to correct deficiency that is the rational for not taking them? How then do you get your levels up - because I can tell you that the adrenal group does not promote a nutrient dense diet. I know what the owner eats on a regular basis and there is nothing whole about it - it comes from a box and a microwave tray. Enough said.....

No socializing? Studies show that your mental attitude is half the battle to healing. When you isolate yourself you have time to concentrate on your issues and it makes things worse. Get out and enjoy yourself. Not to get religious here but when I was healing I used scripture and this one came to mind A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Prov 17:22

No Exercising? Bad advice! You cannot sit like a bump on a log and not move. Here is a great article on how it all must be balanced and the right movements must be done at the right time. Yoga - is fabulous for the body to help return to health. http://www.drlam.com/articles/Adrenal_Fatigue_and_Exercise.asp Movement is how we get the lymphatic system to compress forcing toxins out of our body so that it can heal. A light walk in the sunshine can be healing too. I have been in adrenal fatigue and this is what I did.

I could go on but I think you get my point. It is troubling to me to see this information knowing what training I have received along with the wonderful mentoring I have had from good holistic doctors.

Each person must decide what they do and whom they will trust with their health. It is part of the journey to wellness.

Buist, ND HC