RemedySpot.com

Re: Dog on iodine detoxing?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Pet Alive or Native Remedies makes some good dog detox products. For serious

issues, K-9 Immunity and Transfer Factor.

Linn

>

> If you recall, I asked a couple of weeks ago about giving my almost 11-yr-old

20 lb Sheltie iodine to help her fight off hypoalbuminemia - low albumin without

a specific diagnosis. I started with 2 drops of 2% Lugols and went to 3 drops

after a week. Today, she has a big raw spot/bump/pimple on her nose, so I

believe she is detoxing. I don't know about giving a dog the companion

nutrients - is there something else I should be giving her to help her detox? I

put chlorhexidene on it. Should I put on coconut oil?

>

> This is making me very anxious - thanks for any help,

>

> Marge

>

Guest guest

What product would I look for at I herb. Was only giving 1 baby aspirin a day but will see if i can find some joint med . Some are like 39.00 and that is just crazy since i lose my job in about 2 weeks.Thanks RaeSent from my iPodOn Mar 4, 2012, at 2:53 PM, margee <mentwisl@...> wrote:

Both of my dogs have osteoarthritis due to elbow problems. I give them Joint Max Triple Strength tablets - it has high amounts of Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Creatine and MSM. I looked around for the highest strength supplements at the best price. I get it at Entirely Pets. MargeFrom: Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@...>iodine Sent: Sun, March 4, 2012 11:16:48 AMSubject: Re: Re: Dog on iodine detoxing?

Hi Rae,

Yes, iodine is very good for dogs. May I ask, why are you giving your dog aspirin? Aspirin can cause internal bleeding. There are products on the market that are good for doggies joints. I would go to a site like iherb.com or some other natural site or health food store to find a product that is good for their joints. If it were me, I would rethink the aspirin!

Best,

Kathleen

Re: Re: Dog on iodine detoxing?

Hi my 5 year old 18 lb dog is having joint pain. Will iodine help with that. Rright now she gets 1- 2 baby aspirin a day and with no tummy upset but can she have that forever. I really have no clue . RaeSent from my iPod

On Mar 4, 2012, at 10:59 AM, "Linn" <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

Pet Alive or Native Remedies makes some good dog detox products. For serious issues, K-9 Immunity and Transfer Factor.LinnModerator>> If you recall, I asked a couple of weeks ago about giving my almost 11-yr-old 20 lb Sheltie iodine to help her fight off hypoalbuminemia - low albumin without a specific diagnosis. I started with 2 drops of 2% Lugols and went to 3 drops after a week. Today, she has a big raw spot/bump/pimple on her nose, so I believe she is detoxing. I don't know about giving a dog the companion nutrients - is there something else I should be giving her to help her detox? I put chlorhexidene on it. Should I put on coconut oil?> > This is making me very anxious - thanks for any help,> > Marge>=

=

Guest guest

I would also look at Low Dose Naltrexone. You can find info at LDN_4_Pets .

You can also find a lot of support on the other LDN support groups that are on .

Re: Dog on iodine detoxing?

Posted by: "margee" mentwisl@... dillyem

Sun Mar 4, 2012 8:37 am (PST)

I got the Immunity and Liver Support too. Thank you so much. I'm a very anxious mommy and I want her to be well so badly...Marge________________________________From: margee <mentwislpacbell (DOT) net>iodine Sent: Sun, March 4, 2012 8:05:38 AMSubject: Re: Re: Dog on iodine detoxing?I'm on their web site now. I'll get the Detox Plus. Looks good.Thanks loads, Marge________________________________From: Linn <mwm1glm >iodine Sent: Sun, March 4, 2012 7:59:50 AMSubject: Re: Dog on iodine detoxing?Pet Alive or Native Remedies makes some good dog detox products. For serious issues, K-9 Immunity and Transfer Factor.LinnModerator>> If you recall, I asked a couple of weeks ago about giving my almost 11-yr-old >20 lb Sheltie iodine to help her fight off hypoalbuminemia - low albumin without >a specific diagnosis. I started with 2 drops of 2% Lugols and went to 3 drops >after a week. Today, she has a big raw spot/bump/pimple on her nose, so I >believe she is detoxing. I don't know about giving a dog the companion >nutrients - is there something else I should be giving her to help her detox? I >put chlorhexidene on it. Should I put on coconut oil?> > This is making me very anxious - thanks for any help,> > Marge

Glowing,grace~"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before morning."- Henry Ford "When the government gets involved in the private sector and picks out winners and losers, it screws up the whole market," "The freedom and happiness of man...[are] the sole objects of all legitimate government." -- Jefferson

Guest guest

FWIW I give my 12 lb minischnauzers 6.25mg Iodoral.

gracia

If you recall, I asked a couple of weeks ago about giving my almost 11-yr-old 20 lb Sheltie iodine to help her fight off hypoalbuminemia - low albumin without a specific diagnosis. I started with 2 drops of 2% Lugols and went to 3 drops after a week. Today, she has a big raw spot/bump/pimple on her nose, so I believe she is detoxing. I don't know about giving a dog the companion nutrients - is there something else I should be giving her to help her detox? I put chlorhexidene on it. Should I put on coconut oil?This is making me very anxious - thanks for any help,Marge

Guest guest

Hi Marge:

I also put

Lugol’s 5% in my dog’s water dish and as far as companion

nutrients, I get from my Vet a powdered Vitamin and Mineral formula which they

like called RX Essentials for Dogs and you can buy it online.

They also get

Coconut Oil and love it.

Bonnie

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 4:48

PM

iodine

Subject: Re: Dog on

iodine detoxing?

gracia

If you recall, I asked a couple of weeks ago about

giving my almost 11-yr-old 20 lb Sheltie iodine to help her fight off

hypoalbuminemia - low albumin without a specific diagnosis. I started with 2

drops of 2% Lugols and went to 3 drops after a week. Today, she has a big raw

spot/bump/pimple on her nose, so I believe she is detoxing. I don't know about

giving a dog the companion nutrients - is there something else I should be giving

her to help her detox? I put chlorhexidene on it. Should I put on coconut oil?

This is making me very anxious - thanks for any help,

Marge

size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899"

align=center>

No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4860 - Release Date: 03/09/12

Guest guest

Gracia - thanks for the info. I think your 6.25 is pretty close to my 3 drops, so it looks like I'm giving her a good dose. MargeFrom: Gracia <circe@...>iodine Sent: Fri, March 9, 2012 1:48:19 PMSubject: Re: Dog on iodine detoxing?

gracia

If you recall, I asked a couple of weeks ago about giving my almost 11-yr-old 20 lb Sheltie iodine to help her fight off hypoalbuminemia - low albumin without a specific diagnosis. I started with 2 drops of 2% Lugols and went to 3 drops after a week. Today, she has a big raw spot/bump/pimple on her nose, so I believe she is detoxing. I don't know about giving a dog the companion nutrients - is there something else I should be giving her to help her detox? I put chlorhexidene on it. Should I put on coconut oil?This is making me very anxious - thanks for any help,Marge

Guest guest

Thanks, Bonnie. Not sure my dogs like the coconut oil, but it hides well in their warm food. Not only putting it in their food, but on her nose and it's healing great! I've also added the recommended Pets Alive Detox and Liver support. My dogs get almost as many supplements as me :) MargeFrom: Bonnie Cole <bonnieview@...>iodine Sent: Fri, March 9, 2012 2:06:35 PMSubject: RE: Dog on iodine detoxing?

Hi Marge: I also put

Lugol’s 5% in my dog’s water dish and as far as companion

nutrients, I get from my Vet a powdered Vitamin and Mineral formula which they

like called RX Essentials for Dogs and you can buy it online. They also get

Coconut Oil and love it. Bonnie

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 4:48

PM

iodine

Subject: Re: Dog on

iodine detoxing?

gracia

If you recall, I asked a couple of weeks ago about

giving my almost 11-yr-old 20 lb Sheltie iodine to help her fight off

hypoalbuminemia - low albumin without a specific diagnosis. I started with 2

drops of 2% Lugols and went to 3 drops after a week. Today, she has a big raw

spot/bump/pimple on her nose, so I believe she is detoxing. I don't know about

giving a dog the companion nutrients - is there something else I should be giving

her to help her detox? I put chlorhexidene on it. Should I put on coconut oil?

This is making me very anxious - thanks for any help,

Marge

size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899"

align=center>

No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4860 - Release Date: 03/09/12