RemedySpot.com

Re: Liver Detox and Diarrhea/MOVE TO OFF TOPIC GROUP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

Why are you not taking iodine yet? I understand you are toxic, but we all are and if one starts iodine with the companion nutrients, this can acctually help a person greatly.

Since your question really has nothing to to with iodine, please move this discussion to the Iodine Off Topic Group. We created that group especially for questions like yours and other discussions having to do with health.

Here is the link;

IodineOT/

Thank you!

-Kathleen

Liver Detox and Diarrhea

I'm not taking iodine yet. I have a lot of vitamin/mineral deficiencies and probably a toxic liver. I started taking a high-dose mutli vitamin and mineral supplement with some ingredients for liver detox. I'm trying to work up to the recommended dose of 12 capsules per day. I started with 3 capsules x2. On the third day, I started noticing some gas and increased bowel movements (which was a good thing because I usually have constipation). On the 4th day I increased to 4 capsules x2. I started having more GI issues, but there was also a bug going through the house at the same time so I'm not sure the cause. On Day 12, I was back to "my" normal. On Day 13, I increased to 5 capsules x2. I was ok for the first couple of days, but then over the next several days, GI issues got worse. I had diarrhea, major gurgling and cramps, but no bloating. On Day 20, I decreased to 4 capsules x2 and saw some initial improvement, but then it got worse again. On Day 22, today, I stopped altogether. My gut feels tender and there are still some issues, but definitely better than it was.What I am wondering is whether I'm having a problem with one of the ingredients or whether this is detox itself.The product I am taking is Basic Detox Nutrients by Thorne.http://www.thorne.com/Products/Detoxification/All_Detoxification/prd~VMD.jspThe full dose is 6 capsules x2 and includes the following:- Vitamin C (as Calcium Ascorbate) 1 g.- Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate-Malate) 500 mg.- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine 200 mg.- Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) 100 mg.- Silybin Phytosome (Silybum marianum extract (seed) /Phosphatidylcholine complex) 100 mg.- Curcumin Phytosome (Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phosphatidylcholine complex) 100 mg.- Green Tea Phytosome (Camellia sinensis extract (leaf) / Phosphatidylcholine complex) 50 mg.- R-Lipoic Acid (as Sodium R-Lipoic acid) 50 mg.- Dandelion extract (root) (Taraxacum officinale) 10 mg.The full list of ingredients is at the above link. I mentioned the vitamin C and magnesium (because I know they can cause diarrhea at higher doses) and the extra ingredients over and above the typical vitamins and minerals.Any ideas? Keep in mind that I never got up to the full dose, so was taking less than the above.If it's the detox itself, then I'll see what dose I can handle and manage the symptoms. Otherwise, I'll have to get other products where I can take things separately and work up on them individually to see which one is the problem. in NS, Canada

Sorry. I will take this to offtopic.

In regards to your question, I haven't started yet because I have been

building up on the companion and other nutrients. I'm deficient in

magnesium and iron (among other things) and have weak adrenals. I wanted

to get all that into my system for at least a couple of weeks first

before starting iodine. I also wanted to work on liver first so I could

better handle any detox that came from the iodine. I didn't want to start

more than one thing at a time, so it has taken me a bit of time. I only

managed to work up to 1800mg of vitamin C and had to back off. I started

with 3/4-1 tsp a day of Celtic sea salt because my sodium is low, but

that actually made my low aldosterone worse, so I backed off. And now I

have hit this snag. I had hoped to start iodine on Feb 1st, but I'm

concerned if I add iodine now, I won't know what is causing what.

in NS, Canada

At 01:32 PM 16/02/12, you wrote:

Hi ,

Why are you not taking iodine yet? I understand you are toxic, but

we all are and if one starts iodine with the companion nutrients, this

can acctually help a person greatly.

Since your question really has nothing to to with iodine, please

move this discussion to the Iodine Off Topic Group. We created that group

especially for questions like yours and other discussions having to do

with health.

Here is the link;

IodineOT/