energy and less foggy headed. I'm 54, hypo but unmedicated currently, and

seeking a doc who prescribes Armour or another natural thyroid product. I'm in

Austin, Texas.

Any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks,

Julee

Guest guest

Hi Julee,

Have you read The Guide to Supplementing with Iodine that you were sent when you joined? If you didn’t save it, you can go to our Files and find it there. The patch test is not reliable for accessing the need for iodine. However, it sounds like your body is most likely very deficient and your thyroid is picking up as much as it can from the patch test. It is not uncommon for the thyroid to swell when it gets a taste of iodine; this could be what is happening to you. Why have you not begun iodine supplementation? Again, please read The Guide, much time and energy has gone into it; I read it every few weeks to refresh myself.

Best,

Kathleen

Lump in throat

Hey Y'all,I joined this group not long ago and haven't yet begun oral iodine supplementation. I did the iodine skin test, mainly out of curiosity. The patch of iodine disapeared within 2-3 hours each time. I put about a quarter size patch on about 3 times a week for about 3 weeks. Each time it disapeared within a 2-3 hours. Shortly after I noticed a lump (more of a feeling from inside than anything I could from the outside) feeling in my throat. I've never felt this before. Before I run off to the endo I thought I would ask for feedback here. I stopped the iodine skin patches about a month ago but the lumpy throat feeling is still there.Interestingly, the iodine patches seemed to make me feel much better... more energy and less foggy headed. I'm 54, hypo but unmedicated currently, and seeking a doc who prescribes Armour or another natural thyroid product. I'm in Austin, Texas.Any feedback much appreciated.Thanks,Julee

Guest guest

Hi Julee,I had an issue with the lump in my throat feeling after taking higher dose of Iodoral. I started off with one pill 12.5 and got good results. As soon as I increased to two pills 25, I started to feel a tightness in my throat. Mind you, I have no thyroid so I have nothing in my throat that should cause this. As soon as I went down to lower dose of 12.5, the throat symptoms went away. As it's recommended here, you are supposed to do salt loading by drinking Celtic gray sea salt in water, followed by a cup of water. It works for me when I have any bad symptoms associated with iodine detox.AgnesSent from my iPadOn Mar 10, 2012, at 10:49 AM, "austinprivateeye" <austinprivateeye@...> wrote:

Hey Y'all,

I joined this group not long ago and haven't yet begun oral iodine supplementation. I did the iodine skin test, mainly out of curiosity. The patch of iodine disapeared within 2-3 hours each time. I put about a quarter size patch on about 3 times a week for about 3 weeks. Each time it disapeared within a 2-3 hours. Shortly after I noticed a lump (more of a feeling from inside than anything I could from the outside) feeling in my throat. I've never felt this before. Before I run off to the endo I thought I would ask for feedback here. I stopped the iodine skin patches about a month ago but the lumpy throat feeling is still there.

Interestingly, the iodine patches seemed to make me feel much better... more energy and less foggy headed. I'm 54, hypo but unmedicated currently, and seeking a doc who prescribes Armour or another natural thyroid product. I'm in Austin, Texas.

Thanks,

Julee

=

Guest guest

If I get a tight throat feeling, it's because I forgot to take my salt. Do some salt loading and see if it helps.ShaunaOn Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM, austinprivateeye <austinprivateeye@...> wrote:

Hey Y'all,

I joined this group not long ago and haven't yet begun oral iodine supplementation. I did the iodine skin test, mainly out of curiosity. The patch of iodine disapeared within 2-3 hours each time. I put about a quarter size patch on about 3 times a week for about 3 weeks. Each time it disapeared within a 2-3 hours. Shortly after I noticed a lump (more of a feeling from inside than anything I could from the outside) feeling in my throat. I've never felt this before. Before I run off to the endo I thought I would ask for feedback here. I stopped the iodine skin patches about a month ago but the lumpy throat feeling is still there.

Interestingly, the iodine patches seemed to make me feel much better... more energy and less foggy headed. I'm 54, hypo but unmedicated currently, and seeking a doc who prescribes Armour or another natural thyroid product. I'm in Austin, Texas.

Thanks,

Julee